On the road

Hyoyeon Song-fics collection

A/N - I will finish the last part of the HyoHyuk New York fic. I got an idea while listening to this song in my sister's car. Do you guys like Shinhwa? After hearing this song, i asked my sister to send me their songs and i'm liking their album very much. She says that they are close to Hyoyeon too so i am their fan now. cheeky

 

 

 

On the Road ft. HyoHyuk

 

Hyukjae glanced at the beautiful girl beside him and he couldn’t help smiling. Despite the daunting, future that lay ahead of them, her bright aura was enough of a light to lead him forward with a heart full of hope. She sat in the passenger seat – her bare feet resting on the dashboard squealing as she held a leaf pin wheel out of the window. He had made it for her when they stopped for lunch earlier that day and she had thanked him with a sweet kiss. The way her eyes lit up with delight, a bystander might have mistaken the gift for a diamond bracelet–

but that was just Hyoyeon! 

To her, every little thing was a treasure and it made his chest puff up with pride that she considered him the biggest treasure of them all.   

 

They were running away – leaving behind the strict social codes that held them back from being together. Yes, Hyukjae was afraid – all his life, things had been served to him on a silver platter. The sole heir to a prestigious international corporation, he had everything he needed to be happy….. or so he thought.

And then she came along – barging into his life with her fast-talking ways and cheerful eye smiles. The daughter of their caretaker – he wasn’t even allowed to speak to her; but that made their friendship even more attractive to him. Sneaking around, getting to see a side of life the rest of his privileged friends only dreamed of.

 

Hyoyeon dragged him to watch street musicians and dancers (tugging his hand to join her on the ground when he stood around self-consciously), and to food carts run by boisterous ahjummas (shoving a stick of ddeokbokki in his mouth before he could protest at possible health code violations while suppressing a smug grin when his eyes bugged out at how delicious it tasted… AND never rubbing it in his face whenever he suggested they stop at a food cart – which was every week). She even taught him how to ride the subway and do his own laundry – yes, every day was like such an adventure that the girl became synonymous to ‘living’ for him.

 

And before he could put two and two together, he was in love. The first person his heart recognized when he understood what love was and he knew with absolute certainty that she would be the last.

That’s why he didn’t hesitate when he asked her to run away with him.

 

 

“Lee Hyukjae, are you forgetting who this girl is? More importantly, are you forgetting who you are?” his father hollered at him, eyes livid.

Hyukjae didn’t flinch. His father used to scare him – but not anymore. He stood tall and brave in the face of the older man’s authoritative stare. 'Love' giving him the courage he had never been able to find. Simultaneously, he reached out to hold his girl’s hand.

“Hyukjae..” she pleaded in a whisper.

“Let’s go, Hyoyeon.” 

“H..hyuk.. don’t be rash!” she begged him to let her go, with watery eyes. There was no way Hyoyeon was going to let him ruin his future. She loved him too much for that. “I’m not worth ruining your life for. Trust me!”

But his grip on the protesting girl’s wrist only tightened.  “Kim Hyoyeon, are you stupid? The only reason I’m alive and want to keep on living is because of you!”

She stopped struggling – her eyes also stilling to meet his honest ones.

“If you leave me, I swear I will suffocate within these walls!”

His harsh but heartfelt words seemed to be working their magic. He could sense her relenting and finally let out a little smile.

“Are you sure you won’t regret it?”

………………………………………………………………

Hyukjae made it a point to give her his answer every single day by starting each morning with a kiss and an “I love you, baby. Can’t wait to spend another day with you!” Yes, it was cheesy but after a childhood of cold formalities and no affection, Hyukjae was all about the cheesy.

..............................................................................................

He couldn’t stop himself from taking his free hand off the wheel and reaching over to lace their fingers together.

She turned and smiled – a radiant smile that turned childlike when the pinwheel started dancing in the wind. And just like that – he knew they were going to be okay.