0-I

Hyoyeon Song-fics collection

Part I

 

“i’m back oppa! did you miss me?”

a scowl came across hyukjae’s face when her perky voice reached his ears.

“i’m sorry eunhyuk’s number has changed,” he replied dryly hoping that she would be able to detect his grumpy spirits. but of course the loose happy cannon that she was, hyoyeon simply chuckled delightedly. “you’re so funny!”

“i’m not being funny, hyoyeon.”

she shut up immediately, “is something wrong, oppa?” he never called her name like that unless he was being serious or worse, angry.

“no, nothing’s wrong. look, i’m tired. i have early morning recording and it is 2 am. we are not running on american standard time here.”

“o..oh…” her voice trailed away to a whisper. the thing she hated the most in the world was when hyukjae was angry at her. “i didn’t realize, i was just so excited..” she was too hurt to continue.

“that’s just it! you don’t realize .. anything goes as long as you’re happy and in a good mood, right?”

“OPPA!” an enormous painful lump rose in . she couldn’t understand why he was being so harsh. “i’m sorr – ”

“i have to go back to sleep so I’m hanging up now.”

beep. beep. beep.

 

hyoyeon stared at the phone and the gigantic bag on her lap really wanting to break down into tears. what had happened to him in the five days that she had been gone?

 

“hey unnie! did you call hyukjae oppa? are you going with us to surprise them with their gifts.”

she blinked her eyes rapidly and faked a yawn. “not tonight yoongie. maybe you should wait until the morning too. oppas must be sleeping and you know how crazy early schedules can start.”

yoona just beamed at her. “don’t worry unnie. donghae oppa called me as soon as we landed and was like.. if you don’t come to see me right-away i’m never going to sleep!”

“really?” you’re so lucky – the words went unsaid and then, hyoyeon felt stupid for even thinking them. after all there was a world of a difference between what donghae and yoona had – a real 2 year old relationship – and her and hyukjae .. just a friendship. full stop.

 

“yes, so let’s go!” the younger girl dragged her by the hand but hyoyeon somehow managed to wiggle free.  

‘tomorrow. i’m tired tonight.”

her dongsaeng’s pretty face scrunched up in confusion. if she recalled correctly, hyoyeon had been bouncing in her seat, itching to take her seat belt off when the airplane had landed – much to the chagrin of sleepy the sooyoung beside her. and although she had no proof of this, yoona was quite sure her unnie had even put on some make-up on the airplane.

but then again, there was such a thing as jet-lag and it could hit suddenly so she shrugged and let her go into the van that already had yuri, sooyoung and tiffany in it. the other van that carried taeyeon, seohyun and sunny was heading towards the super junior dorm. the two danshins, like yoona, couldn’t wait to see their boyfriends. and maknae? well she was hoping that they wouldn’t notice that she had sneaked into the back of the van and her unnies played along. there would be plenty of time to for not being able to resist seeing her snarky boyfriend in the weeks to come.maybe they could even use it to blackmail her into finally trying a big mac.

 

“hyosookie?” sooyoung opened a sleepy eye, “how come you didn’t go with the others?”

“too tired,” she faked another yawn and pressed her head deeper against the neck pillow. “oh? I bet monkey oppa will be disappointed but who cares, more hyosookie for me!” sooyoung mumbled in her sleep while cuddling up next to hyoyeon.

the blonde haired girl patted her friend’s head absentmindedly and peered at the glowing halos of amber emitted by the streetlamps that lined the Incheon Airport Expressway. there was close to no traffic and their van zoomed easily causing everything outside to become a blur. the city looked as alone and deserted as she felt. looking up at the only constant – the crescent moon that was following them – she released a long sigh….. so much for a happy homecoming!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------tbc--------------------------------------------------------------

(Part II will be a lot longer so please comment if you want me to continue with this)