THIS is what Valentine's Day is About

Mission: What is Valentine's Day?

 

It was February 14th year 2012; commonly known as Valentine’s Day.

When I woke up that day, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. Perhaps my other band mates teasing me about what happened last night with Jongup, pestering me with questions and jokes, or maybe for Jongup to be shyly avoiding me again like he did a few days ago, the rosy blush he had on last night lingering on his cheeks. I’m not quite sure why I felt like things would suddenly become different over night.

However when I walked to eat breakfast Yongguk and Zelo were at the table goofing off with each other. Himchan was cooking for us while Yongjae was reading off our schedules for the day.  And when I saw Jongup this morning, the latter simply looked at me and smiled a guileless smile greeting me in a polite and formal way. There were no shy looks or attempts to get my attention at the breakfast table like I thought there might be after last night… after our “first” kiss.

When I saw all of this I felt disappointment settle in my stomach.

A part of me wondered if last night was simply a fanatic dream I had of Jongup. The perfection of it all, of him, and now I was simply waking back up to reality. And when I thought about it logically, it should be easy for me to return to my normal aloof lifestyle.

But then why do I have a feeling of longing and regret when I even consider the possibility?

Looking across the table to Jongup who was busy talking to Himchan about random stuff, I thought about the other, I wondered if the excuse for a kiss sent waves of warmth down into his bones. I wondered what would have happened  if I did stop him from leaving. I wondered if I kissed him again, without my mask.

I wondered if maybe I was falling for the younger boy; if I wasn’t already.

“Your eyes are going to dry up if you keep staring like that,” Youngjae’s voice warned poking my side. Shaking my head I realized I was staring at the other. Blinking rapidly to relive my dry eyes, I looked away from Jongup and back to my food chewing it quietly.

“You okay there Daehyun?” commander Himchan asked reaching over to feel my forehead. Backing away from the other’s hand and nodded to reassure the other.

“I’m fine, I just didn’t sleep too much last night,” I answered watching Jongup from my peripheral vision for any reaction at all. There wasn’t any as far as I could tell, or maybe I was too scattered brained at the moment to think clearly.

“It’s because you’re spending too much time on the roof at nights,” our commander sighed shaking his head.

“No comment,” I spoke, my voice muffled by the masked. I waited a few more minutes of sitting in silence before I grew bored and stood up.

“Where you going?” Zelo asked looking up at me, his toast half way to his mouth.

“Out,” I said, surprising myself since I had no idea on where I would go to.

“Going to try to find out what Valentine’s Day is about still?” Youngguk asked in a teasing tone. And while yes, I do know his words were meant to annoy me, they instead brought an idea to my mind.  

Flickering my eyes over to the one who spoke to me, and then over to Jongup who started to pay attention as soon as the said holiday was mentioned. The small idea started to materialize into a grander scheme. Smiling behind my ever present masked I gave the other a nod.

“Something like that I guess,” I said casually, glancing over to Jongup one last time. Our eyes met only for fleeing moments; however it was long enough for me to go discover what that was.

Somehow I felt that I already knew it deep inside, I just needed to go and take it.

Taking a deep breath of the crisp Valentine’s Day air I looked around at all the sights that this day had offered. And I was wrong; this day didn’t really seem all that over rated at all. Now all that was left it to make the day worth it.

xXxXx

Third Person Point of View

Jongup had tried to act normal this morning around his fellow band mates, especially Daehyun. And somehow he managed to pull it off, with a little help from some stage makeup that hid his blush perfectly. 

Just thinking about last night events, where he kissed the older male, he felt heat prick the back of his neck. Not just from the kiss alone, but from the embarrassment of rejection as well. How could he even think for the slightest of moments that maybe Jung Daehyun saw them as equals, much less in a romanticized view. Pursing his lips together he tried to will away the lead feelings that came with last night. Instead he tried to focus on the day ahead of him.

The day’s plans were more simple and easy than what was normaly expected of them; mainly due to the higher ups wanting to go out with their significant others this day to celebrate. So to keep the boys busy, they gave them the option to go and practice, alone or together, or simply have the day off. Needless to say, most of the band members took this chance to stay home and be lazy. Jongup was the one who decided to go practice his dance skills in order to perfect them, as well as distract his mind from wandering over to a certain quite blond band mate.

Inside the dance studio he allowed himself to fade into the beat of the music, becoming a part of the music. So there was nothing left of the person known as Moon Jongup. Well that’s not entirely true. Within the blankets of the notes, there was a spark of the young blond male; a spark that was both thinking of Daehyun and causing him to mess up on the beat.

“Dang it,” he muttered to himself as he missed the simple step and turn he was suppose to take on a certain beat once again. Running a hand through his hair he restarted the music again, determined to preform this dance flawlessly even if it dragged on till midnight. Which would occur in about 8 hours.

The determination was dropped as soon as the door to the dance studio opened.

“Yo Jongup, you here?” a familiar voice asked, followed by a mop of blond hair.

“Yeah I am commander-hyung,” he said stopping the music for good turning to face the older male.

“Good,” Himchan said smiling and walking into the studio, an arm behind his back to hide something. “I need you to go do something for me.”

“What is it?” the younger asked walking over to the other, wondering what was so important that he felt the need to come from their headquarters to the dance studio.

Himchan looked around and tried to discreetly give the younger a blank pink envelop.

“It’s a mission actually,” he whispered to the younger dramatically checking his sides to make sure no one was around. As naïve as the younger one was, he instantly straighten up and looked at the envelope with wide eyes. “Read this once I’m gone, and followed its orders exactly.”

“I will hyung!” Jongup agreed, looking down at the pink envelop.

“You need to complete this by the end of today, so hurry!” Himchan warned before quickly leaving the room. The younger was left to eagerly open the letter. Excited to see what might be the contents of the paper. However, there was a small disappointment when all there was inside was a small red one sided 8cmx13cm card which had writing on both side. On one side written in elegant black ink there was an English phrase he couldn’t understand, and on the other side written in readable Hangul it read, “Go to the ice cream shop.”

There were a few ice cream shops around, so Jongup was confused which one the card was talking about. So it seemed like he had to go out and look for the right one. Existing the studio he made his way around looking for the right ice cream shop; which of course he got some of the cold treat whenever he saw a flavor he had to get.

It wasn’t until he saw his elder Bang Youngguk that he realized he found the right one after several attempts, and several ice cream cones.

“Hyung!” he greeted entering the shop, walking over to the older male who had some cotton candy ice cream smearing his lips and a red envelope with an ice cream stain on the corner. “Did you get a mission too?”

“Yeah, I guess you can say that,” Youngguk laughed ruffling the younger’s hair.

“What is it?”

“Aish, this kid…” he mumbled to himself still chuckling at what seemed to be his own private joke. “I have to give you this kiddo,” he spoke clearly handing the green envelop to Jongup.

Taking it he opened it to reveal another card, greed just like its envelop, that once again had English he didn’t understand and a simple direction that he did.

“I have to go home?” he asked tilting his head looking up at the other.

“I guess so,” the war-maniac shrugged his ice cream.Staring at the treat he looked up hopeful at the older, pestering him with a silent question. It took a few moments for the other to realize the question before he sighed, “Fine, wait here.”

Grinning in victory Jongup smiled as he walked back to B.A.P’s headquarters some cookie dough ice cream. When he reached the front door of the apartment he was greeted with an irritated Yougnjae.

“Yah! What took you so long?” he demanded pointing a finger at the younger, “I’ve been waiting here for over an hour!”

“S-sorry? I got on the way to the ice cream shop?” Jongup replied laughing awkwardly at the older.

“I don’t see why, it’s so obvious on what’s going on,” the older blond sighed shaking his head.   

“What’s obvious?”

“You’re an idiot.” The dancer opened his mouth to make a comment about the other’s rude one before he was faced with another envelop, a yellow one this time. “Just go, and don’t get lost again.”

“Uh, okay!” the younger said as Youngjae left slamming the door in his face. “I think he need to learn respect too,” he mumbled while holding envelop, already expecting a yellow card with instructions once again. And his prediction was spot on, this time he was directed to go to the mini-mart down the street.

“I know where this one is!” he declared with pride to no one in particular as he made his way to the location. He took notice that the sky was darkening as the time was moving towards the 7th hour of the afternoon.

Quickly he made his way to the store to see Zelo perched on top of one of the kid rides that simply moved back and forth, Zelo was one the one that was shaped like a horse.

“Annyeong!” the robot greeted waving an arm, his fingers holding onto a blue envelop this time.

“Another one?” he asked as the younger handed him the paper.

Nodding the other dance echoed, “Yup! Another one!”

“How many more of these do I have to do?” he completed pouting a little, tired from his pointless mission. “Why am I doing this anyways?”

“The next one is the last one! Besides you’re doing it bec-“ Covering his mouth Zelo caught himself from revealing to the other what the purpose was.

“Because what?”

“… SORRY SHUTDOWN!” the robot saigh flopping over the plastic horse.

Deciding not to waste words on the robot who was currently shutdown he opened the blue envelop to read the blue card on it. Like all the other cards, the English written were simply scribbles in his mind, while the directions where simple and easy to follow.

“Go to the park, by the fountain” he read aloud before running to what he hoped would be the last letter. He could hear Zelo say goodbye, fading as he put more distance between the two.

It was dark by the time he reached the entrance of the park. Slowing down his pace he walked slowly, allowing his heart rate slow down as he took the time to look around. Couples scattered here and there holding hands enjoying the night, lights wrapped around the trunks and branches of some trees, and the few dotting stars signaling that it was truly night time for the city. Slowly he made his way to the center of the park, where the huge circular water fountain was, lights illuminating the water in the darken night.

However, no one was there when he finally reached the landmark. Looking around he wondered if he didn’t make it in time. However, he was determined not to give up just quite yet. Slowly he walked around the fountain, examining carefully the stone structure or inside the water to see if he might find the envelop he was looking for. He was so distracted with the idea of finding the paper that he didn’t realize that there were other people who were hanging around the fountain as well.

Not until he bumped his head against someone of course.

“Oh, sorry!” he said backing up and bowing to the stranger.

There was a familiar warm chuckle that instantly made a grab at Jongup’s heart.

“It’s okay Jongup,” the person spoke kindly, voice slightly muffled. Slowly the said male looked up to see if the face belonged to the laugh and voice he thought it belonged too, and as luck would have it they matched perfectly.

Crimson quickly flushed his face as he was met face to face with the man he kissed last night.

“D-Daehyun…” was all he could say, cursing himself for not saying more and the fact that his makeup had washed away during his dance practice as his heart jumped several beats pushing blood through his body quickly.

“Ne, that’s me,” the other joked acting once again casually, much like he did last night. “Looking for your envelop?” he asked holding up a white envelop.

“Yeah…” he answered timidly looking down as he took the letter. Unlike the other ones he gotten today, he took his time opening this one, making sure that there was no rips in the paper; all the while hoping to delay any to all conversation or eye contact with the other man. This time there was only one thing written on the paper in Hangul, mumbling to himself he read the contents of the card, “Look up.”

Doing as he was told he looked up, only to meet face to face with Daehyun who was only mere centimeters away for his own face. A smile played on the other’s lips showing his perfect white teeth. Once their eyes met, Jongup’s eyes widen in surprise as the small gap between them closed, their lips connecting with each other in a simple pure true kiss.

Soft…”

xXxXx

Daehyun’s PoV

“D-Daehyun…”

“Ne, that’s me,” I answered with a laugh looking at the shocked and adorable Jongup. I’ve been waiting here for what seemed like several hours, and that’s all the other could say. If this occurred several days ago I would scold the younger for making me wait for so long, but since it’s not, and since I knew I made the other wait, I kept that urge suppressed. “Looking for your envelop?” I asked holding the white envelop up with my middle and pointer fingers.

“Yeah…” Jongup answered looking down taking the final letter. I watched him as he open the letter, savoring the other’s shyness to keep it to memory as I slowly removed the mask. I knew I wasn’t going to screw this up this time around. Feeling the cool night air on my uncovered face I took in a deep breath and waited for the other to follow the simple instructions on the card I gave.

“Look up,” he spoke quietly as he did just that. When he did, I could see his face perfectly, blond hair that framed his face just the right way, the shadows from the dim lights, clear mono-lid eyes, smooth pale skin with slashes of pink on the cheeks and lips that held a soft cupid’s bow and were somewhere between thick and thin. Smiling as I absorbed these details I realized that there was one more question I had to answer from last night on the roof.

What did his lips feel like?

In order to find out I leaned down, never looking away from the dark orbs that belonged to Jongup, and gave the other a true kiss. I could feel the younger tense under me, and he made an attempt to pull back. However, I refused to allow that to happen, quickly I moved one hand to the small of his back and other to the other’s strong and sharp jaw, permitting no escape from the kiss. It seemed as if my touches pacified the younger, as he stopped fidgeting and hesitantly add pressure to the kiss we shared. I could feel once again the heat rush into my body and bones, more intense this time around with direct contact with the other; which was strange because the mist from the fountain and the cool Valentine’s Day night shouldn’t have allowed such things to happen.

“Soft…” I breathed out against the other’s lips refusing to back away, our chests touching every time one of us inhales or exhaled.  

“H-huh?” he asked in a daze.

Smiling I shook my head for the other to dismiss the comment. “Nothing.”

Accepting my answer he simply nodded looking down, shy and unsure of what was to come next. I felt the urge to lift his head again and kiss him once more. But I restrained myself and instead hugged the younger, my hand that was rested on his jaw moving down to his waist so I could hug him completely, sharing body heat.

This is that isn’t it Jongup?” I asked moving my head so I could look at the other.

“If by this,” he said pulling back only far enough to reach up with his hand to place over my heart, which seemed to beat faster by tenfold by the simple touch, “you mean this. Then yes…  This is that.

Smiling I reached up with my own hand to hold the other’s hand in mine, where they seemed to fit each other perfectly.

“Then I guess I have my answer then,” I mused pressing our foreheads together.

Smiling from ear to ear he nodded, “Ne, I guess you do.”

There was an unsaid agreement between us as we leaned forward to each other to kiss each other once again. And feeling Jongup’s soft lips against mine once again confirmed that my answer was right.

This is what Valentine’s Day is about. 

xXxXx

A/N: AND THE MASK IS OFF! lolz for all those who wanted a real kiss there you go~ sorry I had to cute it to 3rd person, but it was the only way to go to really show what happened and how... i honestly didn't plan to be this long but you guys aren't complaining! Anways I'm cutting this short cuz I have a short little bounus chapter, kinda like an omake of sorts so just click the next button to read that~! THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS READ AND SUPPORTED THIS FIC! THANK YOU!