Valentine’s Day is About Learning About Some Dead Saint.

Mission: What is Valentine's Day?

 

It was the 8th February of the 2012th year of the common era of the Earthling’s calendar.

I was still as clueless as to what this Valentine Day was and what it was about. Then again I had asked for Commander Himchan and unintentionally that idiot, Yongguk, for help; so I guess I couldn’t really expect much from either one of them.

And that is why I decided to cut the crap and go to the only other person in this crazy mash up of people who was actually intelligent, of course it seemed like he had his head up his half the time as well. But that’s another matter for another time.

“Yah… Jongjae,” I called bluntly, walking across the room once I saw him come back from one of his numerous trips to the electronic store, those white headphones still attached around his neck like my mask was attached to my face.  

“Haven’t anyone told you to use respect when addressing someone Daehyun-shi?” the brain said flatly glaring at me. I just knew that this would be a start of another one of his many grudges. I wonder how I’ll ever live with myself…

Oh wait, I just remember I really didn’t give a damn about it.

“Plenty, I just see no need to use it. Especially around someone younger than me,” I countered. The other male simply rolled his eyes and pulled his head phones over his ears, to block out anymore disturbances.

That action just proved my hypothesis correct, he was mad. And while I would normally just walk away and go on with my life; I did want to ask the other about Valentine’s Day. And I knew he would never tell me anything useful if he was angry at me.

Biting back my pride, I tapped the other on the shoulder. Wordlessly he turned back to me giving me a dark stare that spoke volumes, however I was unaffected by it.

“I’m sorry Youngjae-shi,” I said quietly but politely to the said male.  A small smile, just barely a movement of muscle, reached the other’s face and he nodded in satisfaction.

“Good, you’re learning,” he said taking off the headphones from his ear and returning them to his neck. Looking down I could see the chord was hanging by his side, unplugged into any electronically device. “Now what was it that you wanted?”

I could feel my eye twitch as I realized he never had any music, and he was just trying to force me indirectly into apologizing.

“Bastard,” I muttered under my breath.

“Do you even know the true definition of that world?” Youngjae asked raising an eyebrow, hearing me despite my soft voice and mask.

“It doesn’t matter,” I brushed off shrugging a little. “What I wanted to know was if you knew anything about Valentine’s Day.”

“Valentine’s Day?” he repeated to make sure he heard correctly. “You mean that Earthling’s holiday with all the hearts, chocolates and flowers?”

“Ne, that one.”

“Of course I do, come sit down,” he said in a very professional tone, motioning me to sit at the dining room table. I was suddenly taken back, to a time where I was younger back on our home planet in school being taught by one of our professors.

“Now, Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate a historical figure in their history. A famous saint named St. Valentine or St. Valentinus.” Youngjae started off, showing me pictures on his device called an ipad, pointing out words and pictures I really didn’t care too much about.

“There are several theories out there as to why St. Valentine is so special, some of them were…” Youngjae kept talking about useless historical facts and even getting more animated with his words and body langue as I slowly felt myself dying of boredom. Soon his words were turning into a jumble of meaningless words to my ears/

After ten minutes of non stop talking from the other, I decided to discreetly pull out my own iPod, and explore the world wide web from there. Youngjae didn’t seem to notice at all, and if he did, he didn’t comment on it. However, knowing his personality, I knew it had to be the former. He’d go on another respect rant if he caught me.

I decided to check out Youtube and see how our fans, anti-fans, and random people who happened to stumble upon us thought of us if they commented on either our music video or one of our Ta-Dah episodes. I saw varying comments, some saying the name of who I assumed was their bias, pointing out the fact that we were all blond, who good we/our song was, joking about our band name, how we were all crazy, and a few neutral and negative comments however it really didn’t bug me. However, there was one comment that did bug me.

                “OMG~! Dae and Jongie were in their own little world together?

                So cute~~~~~! DaeJong forever~<3

                kaiichi1016”

“What the ?” Daehyun mutter to himself staring at that single comment. His initial feeling was confusion on what exactly the commenter was saying. However, it sunk in that kaiichi1016 was implying that they wanted him and Jongup to be in a relationship deeper than simple band mates or brothers. My mind went into denial of the thought quickly afterwards, rejecting anything of the sort.

“I’M BAAAAACK~~~!” A voice sang as a blond haired boy bounced backed into the room. I knew that annoying voice anywhere. Looking up I confirmed my suspicions.

“Quite Jongup-ah! I’m trying to teach here,” Youngjae reprimanded the said male for his intrusion.

“Sorry,” came the sheepish reply from the younger, still smiling as he put some plastic bags onto the counter. Turning, he looked at the two of us, eyes flickering between us to see what we were doing. “Whatcha up to?”

“I’m teaching Daehyun-shi here about Valentine’s Day, would you like to learn as well?” Youngjae offered turning to face the other.

“Valentine’s Day?” Daehyun repeated tilting his head, eyes looking up as he thought for a moment. He looked like a cute kid trying to figure out a difficult math problem.

As soon as the word ‘cute’ came into my mind, I quickly shook my head as that comment from that strange fan.

‘So cute~~~~~! DaeJong forever~<3’

“Yes, we were just talking about how St. Valentine was sentence to death because he preformed marriages to young couples in secret.”

“How does that relate to Valentine’s Day hyung?”

“Always an idiot…” Youngjae sighed to himself before adding. “It’s because of St. Valentine that Earthlings celebrate Valentine’s day!”

“Oh, that makes sense!” Jongup laughed scratching the back of his head

‘DaeJong forever~<3’

“Aish, haven’t you learned anything since we arrived to Earth?”

“I learned Hangul!”

“So has everyone else, Daehyun here even learned the Busan dialect.”

“Oh yeah he did!” Jongup said laughing before looking at me, his eyes forming two perfect crescent moons, and warm smile that could touch millions. “You should teach me some Dae-hyung!”

‘DaeJong’

The room seemed too crowded, despite the fact that there were us three inside at the current moment. And my breath felt all too warm behind my mask. Standing up suddenly I slammed my hands against the table, causing the other two to stare at me with shocked expressions.

One or both of them, I couldn’t quite tell which, opened their mouth to say something how I interrupted them. “I need fresh air,” I lamely and quietly spoke before walking away.

“Can I come with?” Jongup asked walking over to me; I didn’t bother to answer back.

I was almost to the door out, when he touched my arm to try to get my attention. An alarm was fired in my brain and I instantly turned to face the younger, flinching my arm roughly away from his touch. I regretted it though, the look of disappointment and rejection written all over his face, like a kicked puppy lost in the rain alone.

“I need to be a lone for a bit,” I mumbled looking away so I didn’t have to see those eyes. “I’ll be back later.”

And with that, I left B.A.P’s Headquarters without once looking back. My mind was scrambled, and I felt a growing lump in the back of my throat that wouldn’t go down. Not even the cool winter air helped calm me. I walked around town for a bit, not even paying attention to where my feet were taken me. It was only until I realize the sun had long went down behind the horizon, that I was in the middle of some unknown area.

“Just my luck,” I cursed looking around to find any street signs or landmarks to now my current location.

Running a hand through my dyed blond hair, I decided that I would add Youngjae’s name to the growing list of revenge along with Commander Himchan and Youngguk. If that haughty brat didn’t bore me half to death with his useless crap then I wouldn’t have found out about that stupid fan that has paired me up with that annoying simple minded sweet kid who acts too cute for his own good named Moon Jongup.

“Aish!” I sighed trying to get myself from stop thinking about you know who. I looked up and saw that I was in a familiar shopping district, and I’d be able to get home in about fifteen more minutes.

And it didn’t take me those fifteen minutes to figure out two things.

One; I had to stop thinking so much about that crazy fan and Jongup.

And two; Valentine’s Day isn’t about learning about some dead saint. 

xXxXx

A/N: These chapters are getting longer with each update .____.; But i guess that's a good thing? o3o And if you're wondering, 'kaiichi1016' is my real youtube account. It hurts me that Daedae called me crazy and stuff :'D anyways I hope you readers enjoy the chapter! Thank you to all who comment, subscribe, and even just read! ^^ 

Some Dae-fail for you guys~~~! :3

(gif is not mine ^^)