Valentine's Day is About THAT...

Mission: What is Valentine's Day?

 

It was the eve of Valentine’s Day, February 13th.

By now I had pretty much given up on trying to figure out what the day was about. From what I witness out on the streets, to what my fellow members told me, the day all seemed overrated to me. I figured that tomorrow the day would be like any other day of the week. And honestly, I think I preferred that idea over what Himchan, Yongguk, Jongjae or Zelo had all suggested.

Walking up the stairs to go to the roof for my usual nightly visit, I took several deep breaths to relax myself from the daily stress I found as a Korean idol. People thought it was strange that I enjoyed coming up here at nights, or that I was just trying to act cool The reality of it was just me simply wanting to take a moment to simply step back away from my life and take the time to enjoy simple things like the stars and moon hanging in the night sky.

However, my plan was soon disturbed once I opened the roof door to witness someone else already there. Looks like I would have company tonight.

“Jongup,” I greeted quietly, walking forward to the ledge about a meter or so away from the said male.

The other seemed to not have heard me; he was resting his head looking down below at the night life of the city. The lights below illuminating his face, however his countenance was somber. It was something I didn’t normally see of the other, which immediately told me that something was wrong with him.

“Jongup?” I repeated again moving closer to the younger. “Are you… alright?” I asked lamely once I was standing beside the other, tugging on my mask to distract myself a bit.

He made a grunt of sorts before turning to face the area opposite of me. It kinda pissed me off that he was giving me the cold shoulder when, I did nothing to him. He seemed to be just fine the few days after the 11th when we sorted his misconception out. In fact, we were just joking around and laughing at the dinner table with our band mates a few hours ago just fine.

So what was his problem?

“Yah, I don’t care if you’re in a bad mood, but don’t give me that attitude,” I said a bit too harshly, but I wouldn’t take it back. Not when I was being ignored by the other like this.

“But it’s your fault I’m in this mood!” he finally spoke, still refusing to look at me.

“And pray tell what did I do?”

Standing up strait, Jongup suddenly turned to face me with a small glare aimed towards me as well as his lips tight together into a pout.

“You didn’t ask me yet.”

“Ask you what?” I questioned blinking a few times, not sure what I was suppose to have asked him.

“You haven’t asked me about Valentine’s Day yet!” he explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “I mean you asked commander-hyung, then bang-hyung, and then Youngjae-hyung. After that I thought you might have been going down from oldest to youngest, and so I thought I would be next! But it turns out you asked Zelo before me.”

I just stood there frozen, dumbfounded by the other’s little rant over me asking the others about Valentine’s Day. I really did not have any intention on who I asked, in fact I never wanted Youngguk or Zelo’s opinion in the first place.

The younger looked down in what I assume embarrassment for his little outburst before he added softly, “Do you think I’m too stupid to have an answer?”

 I could suppress a warm chuckle to escape my throat watching the other act so adorable. Reaching over I ruffled the other’s hair, feeling the soft blond locks in my hand. “Okay then, what’s Valentine’s Day about Jongup?” I asked giving what the other seemed to have wanted.

Once I spoke, he looked up with what seemed to be a light blush and light shining in his eyes; however it could have simply been the lights reflected from the streets below. His had his eyes focued on mine, his Adam’s apple bobbing in what seemed to be nervousness as well as the vein on his neck pulsing a bit quicker than normal. I simply stood there relaxed, waiting for the other to speak, not really minding standing so close to the other that I could pick up on these details.

He opened his mouth once and then closed it, looking like a fish out of water. It seemed as if he wasn’t prepared to give me his answer at all, even though he made such a big deal about it. Typical annoying Jongup, I mused to myself.

I will admit, since this little mission of mine began, I seemed to have gotten closer to the younger; I can tolerate and even enjoy his simple minded presence some. If anything, that’s probably the only positive thing I will end up taking from his mission. And in all honestly, it’s worth it in my mind.

Jongup took a deep breath before opening his mouth to speak, having to raise his voice some to be heard over the cars driving past and wind of the night. “Valentine’s day is about… this,” he said before leaning forward having to reach up only just a little to have his lips press against mine. Or should I said where mine were located at behind the fabric of my mask. Even still, I felt warm flood my senses in a way I never thought possible.

I felt my pulse pick up and Jongup’s nervousness seem to have infected me as well. I wasn’t quite sure what to do, weather to pull back, standstill in my place, or perhaps lower my mask so I could feel the other’s lips directly on mine. I felt myself wondering if the other’s lips were soft or chapped, thin or thick, if he had a sharp or soft cupid’s bow. I never before wanted to know these things, and while I felt like I should since I was the gatherer of information, I couldn’t for the likes of me provide answers to these questions.

In what seemed like a blink of an eye, Jongup pulled back, and this time looking down at his face I saw his cheeks strike a strong pink against his pale completion. However, I couldn’t see his eyes clearly, as they seemed to be off looking down to the side, his teeth biting down on the corner of his lower lip. If I thought he was nervous before, I was mistaken. Jongup seemed to be anxious and timid, which would have been a laugh since he was one of the most musical and fit members of B.A.P. However, I couldn’t find myself to laugh, weather it was because I was still in shock, or I somehow knew that the other had just relived something deep and secret to me just now, I couldn’t tell which.

After what seemed like forever, Jongup broke the awkward silence between us. “That’s what I think Valentine’s Day is about hyung…”

“That?” I asked, my voice wavering a little as I was trying to keep my composure.

After hearing my question, the younger let out a sigh as he dared to look back up again at me with a smile. However, it wasn’t a happy smile, nor a fake smile, it was different. Perhaps because it didn’t reach his eyes, perhaps it could have been labeled as a bittersweet smile.

“If you don’t know what that is then… I guess my answer really is useless…” he said before turning to walk back down to the dorms, the bittersweet smile still plaster over his face.

There was a part of me who wanted to reach out and ask more about what that was; however there was another larger part that held me back. Only because that part was afraid to learn what the other was talking about. By the time I heard the metal door shut with a rusty squeak, I found myself once again alone in the night, above the sleepless city and under the tranquil stars. However, I who was stuck somewhere in between, couldn’t find the relaxation I usually found up here. My heart was still pumping blood at abnormal rates, and the heat I felt when Jongup kisses me lingered still.

I stayed up on the roof in the same spot where I was when I was kissed until all the warmth I felt was gone and the night wind’s chill took over. And even still, the feeling didn’t completely go away. Walking down the stairs I pondered on what Jongup was talking about. I thought I may have an idea, but I wasn’t confident in my answer.

However, if my idea on what that is was the same as Jongup’s, then… I think I may have found my answer. 

xXxXx

A/N: Daehyun's mask is such a er :'DDDDD Hahaha and I am amazed that like every comment I got about the last chapter was about or mentioned Zelo's charging dance! Then again I cannot deny the r-square-pi of the awesomness of that dance. I'm sorry this isn't freakishy as long as my last chapter. HOwever there's only so much I can add to this one secne where all they do is "kiss"... Well anyways the next chapter will be the last, and will show what Daehyun will do on Valetine's Day and more cheesy horrible fluff written by me! :'D I guess that's it for my rambling, Thank you to all those who subscribe, comment, and simply take the time to read this fic, I'll see you guys later.