Valentine's Day is About Cute Things!

Mission: What is Valentine's Day?

 

“Heavier than a dumbbell, faster than a tread mill, have a good Valentine’s Day from B.A.P! YES SIR!” Jongup cheered saluting to random people after dancing and passing out chocolates to Earthlings on the streets.

I felt the urge to strangle that idiot for yelling out our band’s name while doing unsightly and embarrassing things. However, I couldn’t do that just yet at the moment since I was inside a giant white bunny mascot costume passing out colorful balloons to Earthings. However once I got out of this predicament I would extract my revenge on both Jongup and the crazy idiot who put me inside this thing.

How did I end up in this death contraption of utter cuteness? Well let’s see…

~x~x~x~

My breath warmed my masked and face as I sighed looking around to see if I can find someone to help me investigate what was happening to the city with this Valentine’s Day coming up. Walking around headquarters I searched for someone to help me with my inquiry. When I walked into our personal home studio I saw Commander Himchan sitting at the desk with paper and pen drawing up what appeared to be plans for conquering the Earth.

Sitting down beside commander, I poked his side. “Oi, commander-hyung…”

Flinching slightly from the poke he turned to me. “Yes Daehyung?”

“Do you know anything about this… Valentine’s Day the earthlings are getting excited over about?” I asked looking at the paper Commander Himchan was writing on, making out the scribbles to be a crazy plan to take over the earth by making a giant ball pool for everyone.

“Valentine’s Day?” commander repeated. Not wanting to say more than I had too, I simply nodded in response to his question before scooting over to show him the video footage I’ve taken from my reconnaissance. Once all the footage was seen, I closed my camera and looked over at my commander, waiting for an answer. Himchan leaned back on his chair a bit, and closed his eyes in what appeared to be a deep thought. I fidgeted with my black mask a bit while I waited for his response. The other’s meditation seemed to go on for a while before he opened his eyes in a flash with a look of pure genius.

“I got it!” He declared proudly flipping his note book to a clean sheet before grabbing his marker and scribbling on there a new plan. As he wrote he mumbled out, “Valentine’s Day is… about cute things!”

“Cute things?” it was now my turn to repeat things.

Nodding, Himchan finished writing on the paper and showed me the note pad. Pointing to the paper seriously he delineated, “Valentine’s Day must be a day of cute things that get girl’s attention. Like chocolates and rabbits, and hearts! If we can get the resources to get these things for girls, then we can take over the world easily!”

The plan itself wasn’t as bad as some of the other’s our commander has come up with, in fact I could actually see some logic in this one. My small smile was hidden behind cloth as I nodded in understandment and agreement.

“Great! Let’s get started right away on this!” Himchan stated getting up. “Follow me!”

~x~x~x~

And that’s where I went wrong, I decided to follow commander’s words, and this is where it got me stuck, stuffed in a "cute" bunny outfit giving out "cute balloons" with one of the "cutess" members of B.A.P. Well I had to admit I could agree witht he last one, but the other two thems were not in my mind ever cute.

 “Mommy I want a balloon too!” a young male Earthling demanded pouting and stomping his feet on the ground, breaking me of my prior thoughts. A middle aged woman was trying to tell her son that she didn’t have enough money to buy one at the moment, which only engendered tears and whines of complaint from the earthling.

“Earthlings are so noisy…” I mumbled to myself softly that the mother and son next to me couldn’t hear.

Rolling my eyes behind my costume, I walked over to the little boy. It was a good thing I was wearing the costume because if the brat could see me; he’d probably be scared less of the death glare I was giving him.

Unceremoniously I took a bright red balloon from my stock and held it in front of the kid’s face. The red object seemed to silence the brat and he looked up at me with wide eyes, slowly reaching out before snatching up the string that held the balloon.

It was from this point on that I decided that I did not like young Earthling kids.

“Yah! Say thank you to him!” the mother scolded her son before bowing to me. “Thank you for giving him it.”

“Uh.. no problem…” I spoke loud enough for her to hear her feeling awkward. Trying to act the part of the happy-go-lucky bunny that the costume portrayed, I ruffle’s the kid’s head. “Have a nice Valentine’s Day.”

The kid grinned widely, some snot poking out of his left nostril, before saying, “Thanks! You too Mr.Bunny!”

And after that the two left I felt the eyes of someone near me, and a knowing smile as well. And it was getting on my nerves. Turning my head I looked over at my fellow band mate, and current side kick (if I’m doing this thing, he’s the sidekick not me).

“You’re good with kids hyung!” Jongup stated with a smile.

“Am not,” I scoffed looking away at my fellow band mate.

“I never knew you had a soft side about you either!” the dancer continued, with no signs of hearing what I just said. “Man, I’m kinda jealous of that kid now, why don’t you act like that to me?”

I waited to see if Jongup was finished talking, and I felt the urge to give him my normal, “No comment” reply and walk away. However by the time I felt like speaking and opened my mouth, his attention was already elsewhere. Currently he was taking pictures with a group of girls who may or may not have been our fans. Silently I closed my mouth and turned away keeping focus on doing the stupid job that Commander gave us.

“Because you’re worse than a five year old earthling brat,” I muttered to myself the answer to the other’s question. But of course the person who it was directed too didn’t hear my words.

As the time trekked on, I began to regret wearing my usual facemask under the mascot head, as it felt hot and humid inside despite the cold air outside. I gave out all my balloons out to random earthlings who I probably never meet again. And after tolerating Jongup being Jongup for several hours, I concluded that Commander Himchan’s idea of Valentine’s Day was not qualified as a proper energy source, nor was it quite the answer I was looking for.

Basic like here was; Valentine’s Day is NOT about cute things.