you'll come again today, without fail.

loona oneshots.

"hi everyone! welcome to this week's stream!" the bright voice of upcoming indie artist, a girl called jeon heejin, came from the speakers of hyunjin's laptop.

hyunjin quickly plugged her earphones in and sat up on her bed, putting her laptop on her lap. heejin started responding to people saying hello before pausing.

"is breadcat here?"

hyunjin found herself smiling before she started to type.

breadcat: present.

the girl on the screen smiled wide and waved. "hi breadcat!"

hyunjin, also known as breadcat, was heejin's loyalest fan. she always tuned into heejin's streams and went to every single one of heejin's little concerts in local cafes. and although heejin had never seen "breadcat"'s true identity, hyunjin made sure that heejin knew she was there through small gestures, like buying heejin a drink and sending the barista to give it to heejin with a note, or buying snacks for the singer and sending people to give them to her.

"did you all have a good week? i did! i've been working hard on some songs and i'm going to be singing one of them at the rabbit cafe tomorrow night. i hope some of you will be there! especially breadcat!" heejin added the last part with a wink.

breadcat: i will be there, like i always am.

"when will i be able to see you properly, breadcat? i've already heard your voice from that video you uploaded from your band! why can't i see your face?" heejin whined with a small pout.

breadcat: isn't it more fun to be hidden?

heejin read the comment before shaking her head. "i want to be your friend!"

bluebetta: i swear to god if you two don't actually meet soon i'm gonna drag breadcat up to the stage just to see you

bluebetta was hyunjin's friend and one of the baristas at the rabbit cafe. she often teased hyunjin about her weird friendship with heejin and urged her to just talk to heejin, but hyunjin always refused and told her to pass the drink onto one of the other members of staff to take to heejin with a note.

"oh, please do that, i'd like to meet breadcat a lot..." heejin sighed before reading some more comments and talking.

eventually the stream ended and hyunjin left her dorm and went to get some food from a local restaurant. hyunjin studied at the local college and she was part of a band called mobius. they had a small following online, and one of the things people found interesting about them was that they never showed their faces. it was an idea thought of by hyunjin so that if they did get really famous one day they'd still have their privacy, and the others had gone along with the idea.

hyunjin entered the restaurant and took a seat. she scanned the place before coming across a familiar face. it seemed that jeon heejin herself had gone out alone after her stream and was currently eating a huge bowl of fries. hyunjin quickly wrote a note on a napkin before calling over a nearby waitress.

"please could i get some orange juice for the girl over there? and could you give her this note too? put it on my tab. also, don't tell her it's from me." hyunjin looked up at the waitress, who nodded with a smile, taking the napkin and quickly putting the order through.

a few minutes later, hyunjin watched as the waitress went over to the table and put the drink and note down. heejin stopped eating to mumble her thanks before picking up the napkin and reading the note. then she frowned and started looking around the restaurant for someone who looked like a "breadcat", but as usual failed. hyunjin took her phone out and went on twitter.

@jeonheejins: @breadcat show yourself.

@breadcat: @jeonheejins i'd rather not kekeke, enjoy the juice

hyunjin put her phone down as her food came, laughing a little as she heard a frustrated grunt from heejin. she heard her phone buzz again.

@jeonheejins: @breadcat i'm literally about to get up and start yelling breadcat.

@breadcat: @jeonheejins and i'll laugh at you

hyunjin glanced over at heejin as she began to eat. heejin was looking rather frustrated as she continued to eat her fries. however, heejin didn't start shouting breadcat, instead she finished her fries, went to pay and left.

@jeonheejins: @breadcat i'll get you next time.

hyunjin smiled.

 

the next day, hyunjin had classes. she was currently on a lunch break with jinsoul and her girlfriend jungeun.

"hey, in a month the cafe's doing this thing, any band can play one of their songs there. do you want me to sign yours up? i'll make sure you definitely get chosen." jinsoul nudged hyunjin with a grin. "maybe heejin will be there."

"sign us up, but i doubt she will. she's working on her album." hyunjin mumbled into her bread.

"why can't you just talk to her?" jungeun whined. "it's so frustrating to watch."

hyunjin shrugged. "i like to keep the mystery going."

"she'll find out soon, i bet. you two would be the cutest couple ever..." jinsoul sighed.

"i thought heejin had a boyfriend?" jungeun frowned.

jinsoul shook her head. "she did, they broke up a while back and he left the record company they were a part of."

"oh! see hyunjin, you do have a chance!" jungeun smiled, patting hyunjin on the shoulder. "i have to go, i promised haseul i'd pick yeojin up for her and take her to the dentist whilst she's busy. see you both later!" she bent down to kiss jinsoul, then ruffled hyunjin's hair before leaving the table.

"so, how's stuff going with mobius?" jinsoul asked, changing the subject.

"same as usual. we had to take a break for a week because jiwoo sprained her wrist." hyunjin said. "she was trying to impress sooyoung and then fell. also, chaewon caught a cold, and yerim's studying for her exams. maybe mobius shouldn't play at the cafe..."

"too late! the boss already said you could. if they're still not available by then, then just go with your guitar?" jinsoul suggested. "you'll do fine-- oh, is that the time? i told kahei i'd help her in the library with the books! i'm so sorry hyunjin but i have to go!"

"it's fine, have fun." hyunjin said with a soft sigh as she watched the tall blonde get up and run off in the direction of the library building.

she decided to check twitter.

@jeonheejins retweeted: @bp94839: the friendship between heejin and breadcat is so cute

@jeonheejins retweeted: @cheeeeeese: i drew this fanart of heejin with a ton of rabbits [photo attached]

@jeonheejins: i'll be performing at the rabbit cafe tonight like usual! hope to see some of you there!

hyunjin closed twitter and got up from the table to head to her next class.

 

the evening came quick and hyunjin found herself sat in the rabbit cafe. heejin was on stage and about to start singing.

"alright, thank you all for coming again! i'm so glad to see some familiar faces as usual. i have a new song to perform, it's called vivid, and i worked super hard on it. it's going to be on my new album, so i hope you all enjoy!"

the song started and hyunjin watched as the other girl moved around the small stage as she sang, occasionally smiling at people in the crowd. she even smiled at hyunjin a few times. if only she knew that the mysterious "breadcat" was sat right there. towards the end of heejin's set, hyunjin got up and went over to the counter where jinsoul was.

"the usual for heejin, please." hyunjin said before handing a note over. "give this to her."

"why can't you just talk to her?" jinsoul sighed as she took the note and started making the drink. "it's not that hard. she's nice. and she always bothers me about breadcat."

"i have my reasons." hyunjin said as she left some money on the counter and returned to her seat.

as soon as heejin finished the last song, jinsoul moved from behind the counter to leave the drink and the note on the edge of the stage. heejin noticed and instantly let out a loud whine.

"breadcat! i know that's you. just tell me where you are!" heejin frowned as she read the note, then looked around the room.

"maybe if you looked at the counter more often you'd see her! usually towards the end of the set!" jinsoul called from behind the counter.

heejin laughed. "okay, i'll start doing that! i'll find you next time, breadcat."

heejin stayed in the cafe for a while, signing photos for a few people and taking selfies before she left with her manager. hyunjin went back over to jinsoul.

"heejin says she'll be here to watch the bands perform at the event. i didn't tell her about you performing though." jinsoul said when she saw hyunjin's expression. "surprise her."

 

hyunjin ended up staying up late that night talking in the group chat for mobius.

hyunjin: will you all be free in a month for an event?

yerim: no :( my mom will kill me if i stop studying

jiwoo: you're going to hate me, but i've broken my wrist

sooyoung: i'm going on vacation with my sister in a month....

chaewon: in a month??? i'm going home to see my grandma

hyunjin: ok

hyunjin: this is fine

sooyoung: what's up?

hyunjin: there's an event at the rabbit cafe, jinsoul signed mobius up, heejin's going to be there, so i guess i'm representing the group

sooyoung: oh

jiwoo: i'm sure you'll do great!!!!

chaewon: we love you so much

hyunjin sighed before looking at her guitar. it was time to practice.

 

the month passed quickly, hyunjin ended up completely disappearing from all social media, posting nothing, but watching silently. heejin was missing breadcat a lot and made it apparent on her livestream and in her tweets.

"i hope breadcat's doing okay, she hasn't been commenting on my streams or replying to my tweets for ages.."

@jeonheejins: @breadcat are you still alive????

@jeonheejins: @mobiusband tell me she's okay

@mobiusband: @jeonheejins: yeah but i haven't heard from her in a while, she's busy. - sooyoung.

then the night of the event came. hyunjin packed up her guitar and headed out to the cafe. it was already packed with various musical acts, and she spotted heejin already sat near the front. hyunjin instantly rushed over to the counter where jinsoul was, and jungeun was also there too.

"hey, where's your band?" jinsoul frowned. "and where's that weird mask you always wear when you're performing?"

"they're all either busy, injured, or away. i'm representing mobius tonight." hyunjin said. "heejin's here... and i want her to see me."

"ooh, good luck!" jungeun said with a smile.

"ah, well, i'm sure you'll do great. mobius isn't first by the way. i expected you to be late, to be honest." jinsoul said. "but you're here, so all is well. don't go running off before your turn. it's about to start."

hyunjin turned her attention to the stage as a band stepped up and introduced themselves as 1856. hyunjin wanted to ask about the name, but she knew some bands had completely ridiculous names, and mobius wasn't exactly the easiest thing to explain.

1856 played a song before stepping down, then a familiar face stepped up. haseul. everyone knew haseul was an amazing singer, but she was studying business due to her parents owning a successful restaurant and haseul was going to have to run it someday and she needed experience. haseul's singing had everyone up on their feet and cheering by the time everyone was done, before jinsoul poked hyunjin in the back.

"go." jinsoul whispered.

hyunjin found herself on the stage a few seconds later, holding her guitar. she closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh before she began to play and sing. when she opened her eyes, she saw heejin was stood up, wide. when the song finished and she stepped off the stage, heejin came rushing over.

"it's you! you're breadcat!" heejin gasped before she tugged hyunjin out of the cafe to talk away from all the noise.

"i... i... surprise?" hyunjin managed a small smile.

"i don't even know what to say!" heejin whined before pulling hyunjin into a tight hug. "it's so good to meet you finally though!"

hyunjin felt herself blushing as she wrapped her arms around heejin.

"the mystery is finally over. i'm not sure what i'm going to do with my time now." hyunjin laughed.

"you're going to be spending a lot of time with me!" heejin said as she pulled away. "i want to know everything about you. i want to meet your band too."

they went back into the cafe, sitting together and watching the remaining acts before exchanging phone numbers before heejin had to leave with her manager, but she'd promised to meet up with hyunjin tomorrow.

that night, when hyunjin was about to sleep, she got a notification.

@jeonheejins: i got to finally meet @breadcat tonight. it was so worth it. she's so precious. i want to keep her in my pocket forever."

hyunjin felt her heart melt.

 

should i continue this? it's already quite long...