i'm heart sick, heal me.

loona oneshots.

kahei really didn't mean to break her wrist... again. this was her second time in the hospital that year for the same injury. she'd had her x-rays and was being kept in for a while because she needed surgery.

"i'm afraid i have to take an urgent job, so i'm going to leave you with one of my student doctors. her name is haseul. she will take good care of you." said the doctor with a smile before he left.

a few moments later, the most beautiful girl kahei had ever seen entered the cubicle.

"hi, i'm doctor jo haseul. just call me haseul though." the woman said with a smile before she sat down on a nearby seat, reading through kahei's documents. "hm, so this is your second time coming in with a broken wrist?"

kahei nodded. "yeah, i'm pretty clumsy..."

"how did you do it?" haseul asked.

"i work at the roller rink nearby. i was teaching these girls, i think their names were yeojin and yerim--"

"wait wait, stop a moment. yeojin? describe her to me." haseul frowned.

"small... kind of looked a little like you but. small and squishy." kahei mumbled.

haseul groaned. "that's my little sister. what did she do?"

"well... it was a joint effort. she started to fall, so she grabbed me and we started falling, but then yerim grabbed me to try and pull me back up, but then she also fell and someone definitely crushed my wrist." kahei explained.

haseul sighed. "i'm so sorry, god, i'm going to have to tell yeojin to be more careful."

the two continued talking for a few hours and kahei got to know a lot more about haseul. she originally wanted to be a singer, but she eventually decided on being a doctor so she could help people, she was terrified of birds, and she'd been travelling around europe recently.

but unfortunately, their chat was interrupted by another doctor who said it was time to operate on kahei's wrist.

"good luck!" haseul called as kahei was wheeled away on a bed. "i'll come find you when you're out!"

kahei remembered being rolled into the operation room before passing out. when she woke up, she was in a quiet room and haseul was there.

"feeling okay?" haseul asked as she quickly wrote some notes down.

"a little sore and weird, but i'm fine." kahei mumbled as she sat herself up slowly.

"alright, good. we just have to wait for you to wake up properly, then you can go home. there's some girls waiting for you outside, they said their names were heejin and hyunjin?" haseul paused for a moment.

"yeah, i know them. why aren't they in here?" kahei asked.

"you needed some quiet time, they aren't exactly the quietest people i've met... but hey, at least they're not as noisy as yeojin." haseul said with a smile.

the two sat in silence for a while as kahei woke up properly. they then talked for a while before it was time for kahei to leave.

"okay, so you're going to need to see your local doctor a few times, but it's all written here." haseul said as she handed kahei a letter. "rest your wrist, obviously, and don't overdo it today because you're going to be kind of sleepy for a while. it was nice meeting you kahei, and i hope we can see each other again! not like this, obviously."

kahei left the hospital that day with a warm fuzzy feeling.

a few months passed and kahei hadn't forgot about the student doctor, but she'd had no reason to be in or near the hospital. that was until heejin ran her foot over with her car.

"oh jesus! kahei!" hyunjin gasped. "heejin, you idiot! you ran over her foot!"

"oh god! i'm so sorry!" heejin yelled.

that afternoon, kahei ended up in the hospital again.

"doctor jo, your next patient is in here."

"thank you, doctor kim."

kahei looked up. it was haseul. she hadn't seen her yet.

"alright... broken foot..." haseul mumbled. "wong kahei.... wong kahei... wong-- wait a minute."

haseul finally looked up.

"it's you again! what did you do?" haseul came waddling over to inspect kahei's foot.

"heejin ran it over." kahei sighed. "i think i need some new friends."

"heejin's still here, she's crying in the waiting room." haseul said, laughing a little. "alright, well, we're gonna have to put a cast on your foot, but that's all that can be done for now. how's your wrist, by the way?"

"it's doing good. almost all healed." kahei said, holding up the wrist in question.

another doctor popped their head in. "doctor jo, you're needed, there's an urgent case."

haseul turned to the doctor. "alright! kahei, i've gotta go, but someone else will be here to help you. i'm sorry i couldn't stay for longer!"

and with that, haseul was pulled out by the other doctor.

kahei left the hospital that day with a pink cast that had been signed by haseul, since the doctor had made sure she'd found kahei before she left.

kahei was done with hospitals after that. no more. she was living life on the safe side.

that was until jinsol had knocked her out.

"jinsol! what the hell!" kahei heard jungeun's voice.

"she's meditating, guys." heejin said.

"she's died." hyunjin replied.

"i didn't mean to, i swear!" jinsol gasped before she scooped kahei up off the floor.

she ended up in hospital, yet again.

"doctor jo, here's your next patient. she suffered a hit to the head and was knocked out for a short while, it's probably just a concussion but she needs to be kept in for observation."

"okay! thank you!"

kahei watched as haseul walked in, staring hard at her notes, mumbling to herself.

"concussion... wong kahei--" haseul looked up. "you really can't stay away, can you?"

"listen, i'm not trying to end up here on purpose." kahei groaned.

"no no, it's okay. i like seeing you." haseul said with a smile before she sat down next to kahei's bed. "honestly, there's not much i can do for you. but they said we have to keep you in for observation, so i'm gonna make sure i'll be here the whole time, whilst giving you some painkillers so you'll feel nice."

kahei watched as haseul stood up and went to a cabinet, taking out a few various medicines before walking back over and injecting one into kahei. kahei hardly felt it because she was staring at haseul.

"feeling okay?" haseul asked.

kahei nodded. "never better."

they talked for a while before getting onto the topic of relationships.

"so, are you seeing anyone right now?" haseul asked.

kahei shook her head. "i'm the only single one out of my friends."

"really? what a coincidence, i'm in the same position." haseul said. "maybe we should date each other." she wiggled her eyebrows before laughing, noticing how kahei's face turned red.

they kept talking and even flirted a little before it was time for kahei to go home.

"just rest for a while, keep a friend with you." haseul said as she walked along with kahei to the exit. "and as much as i love spending time with you, don't come back with another injury."

"yes, doctor. i'll try my best." kahei said with a grin before they said goodbye and she left.

a week later, kahei found herself in the hospital again. but this time she had flowers and chocolate. luckily, haseul happened to be passing by and spotted her.

"hey! what are you doing here? are you hurt?" haseul asked.

kahei nodded. "yeah, i'm really hurt."

"where?" haseul frowned.

"my heart. it's sick. i need you to heal it for me." kahei said before she held out the flowers and chocolate to haseul.

"i... wait a minute, is this a confession?" haseul stared at the other girl, a smile growing on her face.

kahei nodded, feeling herself becoming more shy. "i really like you, and i don't want to only have to see you when i'm hurting. so go on a date with me, please?"

haseul couldn't say yes fast enough.

kahei found herself not going to the hospital anymore after that. why would she have to when her girlfriend was a doctor?