Minsung

Straykids Oneshots (BXB)

Prompt: Minho is a hairdresser who works in the shop down the street from Jisung's house. Jisung comes in often to dye his hair.

 

"So, which colour will it be today?", was the first thing Minho said as he saw the regular walk through the entrance. "Good morning to you too, hyung", the younger replied, smiling brightly. "And to answer your question," Jisung continued, "I'm feeling a bit dark blue today. What do you think?" "Honestly, I don't know how you do it, but no matter which colour you dye your hair in, it always looks great", Minho replied, causing Jisung to blush. "I think dark blue would look great on you", Minho added with a wink, smirking at how flustered the younger had become.

Minho guided Jisung to one of the chairs before starting to work on his hair, making some small talk with the younger whilst he was doing what he did best. "Any special reasons as to why you're dyeing your hair dark blue, or is this another one of your impulse colours?", Minho asked, already so familiar with the younger that he knew Jisung usually just dyed his hair for fun, yet still ever so curious if there was something special going on in the younger's life. "Actually, this time I do have a reason", Jisung replied proudly, before quieting down again, a faint blush visible on the younger's squirrel-like cheeks. "I'm planning on asking someone out today", Jisung continued, a wide smile on his face.

Minho felt his heart sink, the thought of Jisung dating anyone but him immediately turning his once cheery mood sour, although he quickly caught himself and fixed his expression after catching a quick glance of himself in the large mirror in front of him. "That does sound exciting", Minho replied, hoping Jisung hadn't noticed his slip up. "So, who is the lucky person?", Minho asked in curiosity, his voice slightly wavering due to the mixture of emotions swirling around in his head and chest. “That’s a secret for now, I’ll tell you the next time I visit”, Jisung replied teasingly, having not noticed the elder’s slight change in behaviour, as the younger relaxed himself in the chair.

Jisung closed his eyes, a smile ghosting on his lips, as Minho washed his hair thoroughly. “Don’t you dare fall asleep again Sungie”, Minho joked, giggling at the memory of when Jisung last visited and had accidentally fallen asleep when Minho was washing his hair.

Who could blame him though, it was quite late in the evening, Minho had kept the shop open especially for him, and Jisung was exhausted by the busy schedule he had that day. Combined with the soft music playing in the background and the satisfying feeling of Minho’s rather tiny hands in his hair, the younger had slowly drifted off for a couple of minutes. Minho had noticed almost immediately and was planning on scaring the younger awake, but upon noticing the dark circles under Jisung’s eyes, let him rest for a while before gently shaking him awake.

“It was one time”, Jisung whined, attempting to pout cutely, chuckling afterwards as he saw a disgusted look flash across his hyung’s face for a split second. “Please, never try to act cute again”, Minho joked, acting as if a shiver ran down his spine, before he too burst out into laughter.

Grabbing a clean towel from the neatly stacked pile next to him, Minho dried Jisung’s hair ever so slightly, before draping the towel over the younger’s shoulders in case any excess water droplets were to fall down. He led Jisung to a different chair in front of a ginormous mirror, which ran along the entire right wall of the establishment. Pulling a little cart filled with his equipment nearer to the two of them, Minho quickly checked if he had everything he’d need.

“Do you want to get your hair cut as well?”, Minho asked as he carded his fingers through Jisung’s damp hair, arranging the strands in the same manner he’d cut it last time the younger had visited. “Nah, I think I’m going to grow it out a little”, Jisung answered, looking up from his phone after sending a quick response to a rather important text. Minho nodded before showing the younger a bunch of different shades of dark blue. “Which shade do you want?” “The third one please, Jisung answered enthusiastically, pointing at the colour he meant. Minho nodded once again, before removing the towel from the younger’s neck. “I’ll go mix your colour for you. “I’ll be back in a few minutes”, Minho spoke up, as he disappeared into the backroom.

True to his words, Minho reappeared shortly after, holding onto a plastic bowl filled with a dark blue liquid. Showing the colour to the younger once more for confirmation, the brunet wordlessly began to dye the younger’s hair, his eyebrows knotting in concentration as he focused on his work. After slipping into his rhythm, the older started up another conversation with Jisung, the two males talking about anything and everything, the once silent shop filled with their friendly banter and boisterous laughter.

Around an hour later, Minho turned off the hairdryer he was using, before running his fingers through the younger’s hair, styling it how he knew Jisung liked it and usually wore it. “All done”, he smiled softly, after applying some hairspray to keep the locks in their respective places, locking eyes with Jisung in the mirror. “I love it”, Jisung spoke up, his face lighting up in happiness as a bright smile played on his lips.

“I’m sure whoever you’re asking out will definitely say yes”, Minho said, taking notice of the way his heart squeezed painfully as those words left his lips. “I hope so”, Jisung muttered under his breath as Minho and himself made their way over to the cash register. Paying a little extra, much to the elder’s dismay, Jisung left the shop happily, leaving a sulking Minho behind.

Minho spent the remainder of the day helping his other customers, pushing all thoughts of Jisung away to the back of his mind. As his last customer left, Minho busied himself with sweeping the floor and cleaning up his equipment. Suddenly, as the brunet was busy stashing away his equipment in the back, he heard the little bell at the entrance of the shop ring, indicating that someone had entered. “I’m sorry, but we’re about to close!”, Minho politely yelled, dumping the last of his tools in their designated spots, before briskly walking back to the front of the shop.

“Jisung, what are you doing here?”, Minho asked upon noticing the blue haired male, confusion written on his face. Quickly making eye contact with the older, Jisung let out a shaky breath as he shifted his gaze to the floor, biting his bottom lip nervously. “Are you alright?”, Minho continued, stepping closer to the younger, before placing his hand reassuringly on the younger’s shoulder.

The brunet was beyond confused as to why the younger was standing in front of him at this time of the day, with his cute cheeks flushed red and his hands clasped behind his back as if he were hiding something. Before Minho could start worrying and making any assumptions however, Jisung casted his gaze back up, a newfound confidence swirling in his eyes.

Go on a date with me?”, the younger blurted out, holding out a bouquet of white roses, Minho’s favourites, towards the older. Gobsmacked, Minho quietly stared at the younger in front of him, not knowing what to say. Only when he saw Jisung’s hands begin to shake slightly and the dejected look on his face, Minho unfroze, taking the bouquet out of the shorter’s hands, a wide smile tugging at his lips. “I would love to”, he replied happily, before wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist in a tight hug, careful not to damage the flowers. He heard Jisung let out a relieved sigh, his breath tickling Minho’s neck, as the shorter wrapped his arms around the elder’s neck. “Thank god, I really like you”, Jisung whispered, causing Minho to chuckle. “I really like you too Sungie”.