Jeongchan

Straykids Oneshots (BXB)

That Wednesday, Chan and Jeongin met up in the café where they first met. After having a drink, Jeongin suggested going to the movie theatre. “You know that’s the worst place to go on a first date, right?”, the older teased, making Jeongin blush and pout at the same time. “I’m just kidding,” the older continued”, we can go to the movie theatre, but only if I can take you out for dinner afterwards”. The younger nodded happily, excitement glinting in his eyes as he energetically jumped out of his chair. “Let’s go!”, he yelled, skipping towards the door, Chan following behind him, chuckling at the younger’s adorable behaviour.

On their way to the movie theatre, the two made some small talk, which eventually ended up in a game of 20 questions. In a moment of confidence, Chan suddenly asked the younger if he could hold his hand, making the younger blush once again. The younger giggled, nodding his head yes as he felt the elder’s large and warm hand softly take hold of his own. As the soon-to-be couple neared the movie theatre, their conversation died down a little, leaving the two young men in a comfortable silence. “So, which movie do you want to watch?”, Chan asked as he opened the door for the younger, bowing slightly whilst making extravagant hand motions. “You choose hyung”, Jeongin replied, “I don’t really care about what genre we watch, besides, I’m extremely indecisive”. “Alright, Avenger’s Infinity War it is then”, Chan beamed, before marching to the ticket booth.

“I can’t believe you actually cried”, Jeongin pondered out loud, causing Chan, who was still rubbing his eyes and sniffling, to turn to him, an offended look on his face. “I can’t believe someone could be so heartless and not cry, I mean, you saw what happened at the end, right”, Chan joked, sending the younger into another one of in his iconic fit of giggles. The two probably looked like weirdos, standing outside of a movie theatre, laughing their asses off, but neither of them cared. “I think I still owe you a dinner”, Chan spoke up. The younger nodded giddily, muttering a small ‘hell yeah’ under his breath. “There’s this great ramen place a few blocks down from here”, Chan continued, checking the time on his watch. “It’s open till 10, so we’ll have seas of time”, Chan added, realising that it was already a little past 7:30. “That sounds great,” Jeongin replied, a broad smile on his face, “lead the way hyung”. Chan grinned, taking the younger’s hand in his once again as the two set off to their next location.

“Let’s take a walk through the park”, Chan suggested as the two young men exited the ramen house, a content smile on both of their faces. Turning on his phone for the first time since the start of their date, Jeongin was shocked at the time displayed on his screen. “Wow, it’s nearly 9:30 already”, Jeongin exclaimed, looking back up at the elder. “I would honestly love to spend some more time with you hyung, but I have an early lecture tomorrow and I’m pretty tired”, Jeongin continued, his lips forming into a slight pout and a saddened expression settling on his face. “Damn, I can’t believe that I completely forgot about that”, Chan replied, scratching his neck awkwardly, the tips of his ears turning red in embarrassment. “Can I still walk you home at least?”, Chan asked, a glint of nervousness in his eyes which was almost immediately replaced with glee when the younger smiled at him and nodded his head. “You can walk me home only if you promise me to take me out on another date to the park”, Jeongin spoke up shyly, a bright blush dusting his cheeks. “Deal”, Chan immediately answered as the two walked back to Jeongin’s place with huge grins painted on their faces.

Friday, a little over a week later, Chan had sent Jeongin a text, asking the younger out on the date he had promised him. The younger giddily accepted, spending a little too long on choosing an outfit for a date in the park at night. After slipping into an oversized sweater and a pair of denim overalls, Jeongin sat down on his living room sofa, nervously waiting for the older to come pick him up. At the sound of the bell ringing, Jeongin jumped up and walked towards the front door, quickly fixing his hair in front of the hallway mirror, before opening the door with a bright smile on his face. Chan’s expression mirrored the younger’s as he held out his hand for the younger to take, a charming smile playing on his lips. “You ready to go?”, the Australian asked expectantly, after briefly complimenting the younger on how cute he looked, causing the younger’s cheeks to flush ever so slightly. The younger nodded in response, before taking a hold of Chan’s hand and interlacing their fingers. “Let’s go”, the younger said cheerily, closing the door behind him as the two stepped outside and walked to their destination.

The park was only a ten minute walking distance away from the younger’s dorm room, said time filled with small talk and smiles. “I know this spot where you can get a great view of the stars”, Chan said as the pair walked through the gate, entering the park. The elder’s eyes sparkled in excitement, increasing the pace of his steps as he softly pulled the younger along with him.

Arriving at his spot, Chan sat down on the slightly damp grass, leaning his back against one of the giant oak trees, which were scattered across the area. Pulling Jeongin into his lap, Chan wrapped his arms around the younger’s small waist, before resting his chin on the younger’s shoulder. Pointing at the sky, the older talked about some of the visible constellations, explaining their meaning to Jeongin, who listened attentively, staring at the dark sky as his eyes following Chan’s movements. Letting himself relax, Jeongin melted into Chan’s embrace, resting his back against the elder’s broad chest. Slowly, the younger felt his eyelids drooping as the low and hushed sound of Chan’s voice soothed his ears.

“Am I that boring?”, Chan asked jokingly upon noticing the younger’s closed eyes, quietly laughing at his own joke. “Of course not, I’m just not used to staying up this late”, Jeongin replied, opening his eyes to stare at the handsome blond next to him. “It is quite late already, do you want me to bring you home?”, Chan questioned, as his fingers traced random patterns on the younger’s tummy. “Not yet, I like this”, Jeongin answered, snuggling further into Chan’s embrace, his hands finding their place on top of Chan’s, their fingers intertwined loosely.

“How even did you find this spot?”, the younger suddenly asked. “I was walking around late at night when I couldn’t sleep and I kind of just stumbled upon this place. I ended up coming back here when I either couldn’t sleep or needed a peaceful place to think. I come here a lot when I’m stumped or when I’m struggling with a new song.” Jeongin nodded along, mentally agreeing with the older. This place was indeed peaceful and Jeongin felt that this wouldn’t be the last time he would come here.

“Jeongin, before you go, can I ask you something?”, Chan asked nervously, blushing lightly in embarrassment as the two stood in front of Jeongin’s front door. “Yeah sure, shoot”, Jeongin answered, staring into the elder’s eyes expectantly. “Be my boyfriend?”, Chan spoke rather quickly causing Jeongin to giggle. Standing on his tippy toes, the younger placed a soft peck on the elder’s cheek. “Of course silly”, Jeongin added, his face flushed red. “I’ll text you tomorrow”, Jeongin spoke up after a few moments of silence, before opening his door and turning on the lights, a soft smile playing on his lips. “Yeah, me too”, Chan responded. “Good night Jeonginnie”. “Good night and sweet dreams hyung”.