Seungjin

Straykids Oneshots (BXB)

“You didn’t tell me we’d be going to a club”, Seungmin whined, playing with the edges of his long sleeved black pullover. “We knew you wouldn’t have come if we’d told you”, one of his friends, Jisung, spoke up. “Besides, you really need to let loose for once. I swear the only thing you do in your free time is study and listen to Day6’ music”. Seungmin looked down at the pavement, letting his friends drag him along. ‘Honestly, they aren’t wrong’, Seungmin thought to himself. He didn’t go outside very often, unless it was to go to school of course, but he was still slightly annoyed that he wasn’t told anything beforehand. “You could’ve told me we were going to a crowded place at least. Now I haven’t had any time to think some optional conversations through”. “You really worry too much”, another one of his friends, Woojin, said, slinging his arm around the younger’s shoulder. “Besides, we will be there with you, so you won’t be alone and if anything goes wrong, you can just come to one of us. Who knows, maybe you’ll even find yourself a boyfriend”, the older smirked, nudging Seungmin slightly, who just tsk’ed at his hyung’s childish behaviour. “What”, the older replied slightly offended, placing his free hand on his chest in an overly dramatic way. “It’s definitely possible,” he continued, ruffling the younger’s newly dyed red hair, “you look quite hot tonight”. Seungmin pushed his hyung away from him before hiding his face in his hands. “He isn’t wrong”, Chan, who had been quietly eavesdropping on their conversation, suddenly spoke up, making the younger groan. The group chatted away loudly, excitedly walking towards the club in the centre of town. Seungmin lagged behind the group, listening to what everyone had to say as well as imagining different scenarios that could happen tonight. He suddenly felt a hand on the small of his back as a figure appeared besides him. “Are you alright”, Felix whispered into his ear, softly rubbing the redhead’s back. “Yeah”, he replied, releasing a shaky breath he didn’t know he was holding. “You sure? You seem extremely tense and nervous”, the blonde probed. “Lix, I’m fine, just a little nervous, as you just pointed out”. Seemingly satisfied with Seungmin’s answer, Felix started up a new conversation about Day6 with the redhead, trying to get him to feel more comfortable by talking about his favourite band, which Felix assumed worked, as the nervous glint in Seungmin’s eyes was quickly replaced by excitement paired with a huge smile appearing on his face.

 

Sadly, Seungmin’s happiness was short-lived. As soon as they entered the club, his smile faltered, loud noises attacking his eardrums and the crowdedness making him feel like he was suffocating. Suddenly, he felt a hand wrap around his wrist, slightly tugging him along. His eyes met Chan’s, who motioned his head in a way to tell Seungmin to follow him. The younger obliged and ended up somewhere on the slightly quieter side of the club, accompanied by the rest of his friends, except for Jisung and Minho, who were already dancing together on the dancefloor. Seungmin’s nerves were on an all-time high as he scanned his surroundings, coming across nothing but unfamiliar faces. The club smelled of alcohol, sweat and cologne and it was extremely hot. Searching his pockets, Seungmin found his trusty earplugs, quickly putting them in his ears to somewhat dampen the noise. His friends were stood in a little circle, Seungmin only now noticing that all of them had drinks in their hands. ‘I’m not that thirsty’, he told himself, already shaking at the mere thought of navigating through the crowd, walking up to the bar and ordering a drink.

 

Seungmin ended up sticking by his friends, their group getting smaller and smaller as more of them left to go dance. Eventually, it was only Woojin and himself left, the rest too busy with their boyfriends. “I’m gonna go grab myself another drink”, Woojin yelled in Seungmin’s ear, trying to make himself heard over all the noise around them. “I’ll come with you, hyung”, Seungmin yelled in response, tightly gripping the elder’s sleeve. The older just sighed in response. “Go have some fun Seungmin, the only thing you have done this evening is stand silently in one spot”, Woojin encouraged, pulling his sleeve out of the younger’s grip. “Please don’t leave me here alone”, Seungmin whined in response, once again taking a hold of the elder’s sleeve. “Nothing will go wrong, I promise. Now let go of my sweater and go talk to someone or something”, Woojin said, starting to get annoyed by his friends childlike behaviour. The younger let go before quickly walking away, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. Now he was all alone and his hyung was angry with him.

 

Hurriedly, he manoeuvred through the crowd in search of the toilets, wanting nothing more than to lock himself up in one of the stalls and wait until his friends were ready to leave. Worming himself through a particularly crowded area, a large drunk man bumped into Seungmin, causing the boy to trip over his own feet. Luckily he didn’t fall face first onto the floor, as someone quickly wrapped their arms around Seungmin’s waist, catching him before hoisting him back onto his feet. “Are you alright”, Seungmin heard a voice say and as he looked up, his eyes met those of his ‘saviour’, which was none other than Hwang Hyunjin, the most popular person that went to his school. Hoping the taller wouldn’t recognise him, he just nodded, keeping his eyes trained on the ground. “Follow me”, Hyunjin suddenly said, lightly holding the redhead’s wrist. Seungmin let Hyunjin guide him through the sea of people around them and the two ended up right outside of the little DJ-booth located next to the bar. Pulling out a key card from his pocket and sliding it through the electronic lock, Hyunjin swiftly opened the door, beckoning Seungmin to enter. Inside the booth it was oddly more quiet than Seungmin had expected and all the windows, except for the big one at the front where a huge mixing table was located, were darkened. “You can sit over there and relax for a bit”, Hyunjin said, pointing at some chairs located in one of the corners of the booth. “My name is Hyunjin, by the way”, he added with a smile, stretching out his hand towards Seungmin. “I’m Seungmin”, the redhead replied, shaking Hyunjin’s hand, hoping the taller wouldn’t recognise his name. Hyunjin’s smile just widened as he walked over to the mixing station, popping on a pair of headphones, before putting on another song. Seungmin sat down and watched in awe as the taller did his job, realising that one of the reasons why Hyunjin was so popular at their school, was because he is one hell of a DJ. Calming himself down, Seungmin wiped away the tears that were still stuck in the corners of his eyes, not wanting to embarrass himself any further in front of the most handsome person he knew.

 

After a couple of minutes, Seungmin finally managed to calm himself down, now resorting to nervously playing with his fingers and the hem of his pullover as he quietly watched Hyunjin do his thing. Hyunjin was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, combined with a white blouse that he had partially tucked into his pants. His hair was styled to perfection and he had a beautiful earring in his left ear. He wore a smile on his face as he pushed and turned different knobs, the headphones now only half on his head, covering only his right ear, his forehead coated in a light sheet of sweat, due to the extremely hot temperature of the booth. Suddenly, Hyunjin turned around and looked at Seungmin, startling the shorter. It was extremely obvious he had been staring, so he quickly averted his eyes, a light blush dusting his cheeks. He heard Hyunjin chuckle, before plopping down on the chair next to him, two water bottles in his hand. He handed one to Seungmin, who gratefully accepted it, immediately gulping down half of its contents, before placing his bottle down on the floor in front of him and starting to fiddle with the bottle cap. “You do that a lot, don’t you”, Hyunjin spoke up, nudging his head towards Seungmin's hands. “I guess I do”, Seungmin replied, looking down at his lap. Slowly reaching out, Hyunjin softly held onto Seungmin’s hands, making the younger blush even more. “What are you so nervous about?” Hyunjin questioned, rubbing comforting circles with his thumbs on Seungmin’s hands. The redhead just kept quiet, intensely staring at how perfectly Hyunjin’s large hands seemed to fit in his own. “You really don’t seem like a person who goes out a lot, let alone go to a club”, Hyunjin continued, smiling sweetly at Seungmin, internally cooing at how cute the shorter looked. ‘How can someone look so cute yet so hot at the same time?’, Hyunjin thought, a fluttery feeling filling his stomach. “Am I that obvious”, Seungmin answered, chuckling, his eyes disappearing slightly. “But yeah, you’re right, this isn’t ‘my scene’. My friends thought it was a great idea to drag me out of my house without telling me where we were going. The only thing they said was ‘dress hot’ and before I knew it, we were at the club, which would have been only slightly uncomfortable for me, had they not all ditched me”. Hyunjin nodded in response, taking a swig from his water bottle. “So you’re just waiting until they are ready to leave”, Hyunjin said, disappointment lacing his words. “Kind of, although I’m actually enjoying myself right now”, Seungmin said. “I’ll take that as a compliment”, Hyunjin replied, causing the shorter to hit him against his arm. “By the way, you totally nailed the dress code”, Hyunjin added, a smirk forming on his face, as he watched Seungmin get flustered once again.

The two talked for hours, Hyunjin occasionally having to get up and do his job. “May I have this dance”, Hyunjin suddenly said, standing in front of Seungmin with his hand outstretched, Seungmin only now realising a slow song had started playing. “I can’t dance”, Seungmin replied, fiddling with his thumbs once again. Taking a hold of Seungmin’s hands, Hyunjin pulled him up from his seat, placing the shorter’s hands around his neck, before placing his own hands around Seungmin’s waist. “Just follow my lead”, he whispered, making Seungmin shiver.

They continued slow dancing, even though the song had already ended and been replaced by your typical club song, a comfortable silence between them as they stared into each other’s eyes.

 

“It’s already quarter past one in the night”, Hyunjin noted, looking at his wristwatch. “My shift ended fifteen minutes ago”, he added, looking at Seungmin who had pulled his phone from his pocket and was now looking angrily at it. “What’s wrong?”, Hyunjin asked worriedly. “My ‘friends’ apparently all left about an hour ago”, Seungmin replied, gritting his teeth. “They completely forgot about me, whilst they were the ones to drag me out here. I can’t believe them”, he continued furiously. “Hey, relax”, Hyunjin said, placing his hands on the shorter’s shoulders. “I can walk you home”, he said confidently. “I mean, if you want me to”, he added hurriedly, not wanting to sound like some kind of creep. “I would really appreciate that”, Seungmin replied, a smile beaming on his face. “Let’s leave now, I have to get up early in the morning”, he added, already making his way towards the door. “Wait up”, Hyunjin yelled after him, quickly grabbing his bag. “Did you bring a jacket?” Hyunjin asked Seungmin as he opened the door of the booth. Seungmin shook his head in response, as he waited for Hyunjin to clock out. “Hyunjin grabbed Seungmin’s hand, guiding the two of them towards the exit. “It can get quite cold this late at night”, Hyunjin yelled over the noise, hoping the shorter could hear him. “I didn’t think I’d be staying this long”, Seungmin replied, shrugging his shoulders.

 

As the two males walked out of the club, Hyunjin handed Seungmin his jacket. “You can wear my jacket, I’m not cold”. “We both know that is a lie,” Seungmin replied, “but as I am freezing to death right now, I will gratefully accept your kind gesture”, Seungmin exaggeratedly said, putting on Hyunjin’s slightly large jacket. “You look cute in my jacket”, Hyunjin remarked, slipping his hand in Seungmin’s and interlacing their fingers, making the redhead blush as they walked towards his home. “I really like your red hair by the way”, Hyunjin continued, receiving a ‘thank you’ from Seungmin.

 

The walk back suddenly felt a lot shorter to Seungmin, when he saw his house already coming into view, prompting him to sigh. “What’s wrong?”, Hyunjin asked, making Seungmin unconsciously smile, because how can someone be so thoughtful and sweet. “Nothing, It’s just that we’re here”. “That’s a good thing right? It means I have escorted you to your home safely”, Hyunjin proudly said, pushing his chest out in a ridiculous manner, making Seungmin laugh. “I guess so, but it also means the night is over”, Seungmin said, taking off Hyunjin’s jacket and handing it back to him. “Hold on a second”, Hyunjin said, quickly rummaging in his bag, before pulling out a pen. “Give me your arm”, he ordered Seungmin, who happily obliged. The taller neatly dotted down his phone number on Seungmin’s arm, the shorter giggling at the cute action. “Call me or text me”, Hyunjin said, putting his pen back in his bag and putting his jacket on. “I will”, Seungmin replied, his hands finding Hyunjin’s once again. Hyunjin pulled Seungmin closer to him, staring lovingly into the other’s eyes, before softly kissing him. Seungmin’s eyes fluttered shut as he kissed back, the butterflies in his stomach going wild. The two parted, both with a huge smile on their face as Hyunjin stepped away from Seungmin. “I guess I’ll see you at school on Monday, student council president”, Hyunjin said, a smirk appearing on his face as he watched Seungmin’s facial expression turn from a happy one into a shocked one. Seungmin, who was clearly baffled that Hyunjin knew who he was, just nodded and Hyunjin turned around, making his way back home, his heart beating faster than normal.

 

Seungmin quietly entered his house, not wanting to wake up his parents, who were undoubtedly already asleep and made his way to his room, dropping onto his bed immediately after closing the door, a tired and love-struck sigh leaving his lips. Looking down at the slightly smudged numbers on his arm, a broad smile stretching across his face. He grabbed his phone, quickly adding the number to his contacts under the contact name ‘Hyunjinnie’, before sending a short message. ‘thanks for tonight Hyunjin, I’ll see you on Monday indeed’. He then quickly switched out his clothes for his pyjamas, before diving under his duvet and entering dreamland.

 

The next morning, Seungmin was sitting at his desk, dressed in his most comfortable sweatpants, his homework spread out in front of him, as he munched away on some dry cereal. He checked his whiteboard, noticing that yesterday’s events had luckily not put him behind schedule, as he started working down his list of homework.

 

Seungmin had only finished two subjects of the five he had planned on doing, when the constant notification sound coming from his phone pulled him out of his studying trance. Looking over at the clock hanging next to his whiteboard, he realised it was already one in the afternoon. He slightly panicked, as he was now behind schedule, which was something that didn’t happen often. To avoid losing time in the future, he replayed the memories of this morning in his head, trying to find out where he had lost some of his valuable time, realising that he had gotten distracted when he was writing his English essay, his mind at the time occupied by thoughts of a certain black-haired male. ‘Damn it, now I’m doing it again’, Seungmin cursed under his breath, realising that because he was thinking about when he was distracted from his homework in the past, he had been distracted from his homework once again, which was the very thing he was trying to avoid. He let out a unsatisfied groan, as he noticed the next assignment he had to complete, was an assignment for his least favourite subject, physics. Reluctantly he started working on the assignment, but only a few minutes in, he threw his pen across his room in rage, clearly stuck on one of the questions. It also didn’t help that he kept on getting notifications on his phone, the annoying sound interrupting the Day6 song he was trying to listen to. Annoyed, he opened his messenger app, ready to curse out his friends in the group chat for both leaving him behind last night and bothering him whilst he was attempting to finish his homework, before temporarily blocking all seven of them, as he had no doubt they were the cause of his problems, when he saw another notification pop up. ‘Good morning sunshine, I hope you slept well’, it read. Upon reading the contact name, a huge smile broke out on Seungmin’s face and he could feel his face starting to heat up ever so slightly. Giddily, he sent a reply, his annoyance at his friends completely forgotten. ‘I did, although it was a bit short. hope you slept well too’. ‘what are you up to?’ Seungmin added, sitting back down in his desk chair after picking up his pen, ready to make yet another attempt at solving the question. ‘not much, just watching a k-drama, what about you?’ ‘this may come as a surprise, but I’m doing my homework’, Seungmin replied jokingly, receiving a ‘ㅋㅋㅋ’ from Hyunjin.

 

In the middle of his last assignment and his endless text conversation with Hyunjin, the doorbell suddenly rang. Sighing, Seungmin got up to open the door, as his parents were out for the day. He expected it to be some kind of parcel delivery for his dad, but what he didn’t expect was that as soon as he’d open his door, seven idiots would enter his house and make themselves at home on his couch. “Hell no”, Seungmin spoke up, still standing at his opened front door. “Leave”, he ordered, not in the mood for his friends shenanigans. “We came to apologise”, Chan spoke up. “Yeah, please let us stay hyung”, Jeongin chimed in, giving Seungmin puppy eyes. Not being able to resist the cuteness of the youngest, Seungmin agreed, albeit still a bit reluctant. “I’ve got to go grab my phone real quick and then you can apologise. But you’re all leaving immediately after, because I still have some homework to finish”, Seungmin added, running up the stairs two steps at a time. ‘my ‘friends’ have just come over to apologise, so I can’t respond right now. I’ll text you when they are gone’, he sent Hyunjin, before pocketing his phone and going back downstairs.

 

“We’re really sorry for ditching you last night”, Jisung spoke up as Seungmin plopped down on the last empty space on the couch. “And I’m sorry for my rude behaviour”, Woojin chimed in “I just wanted you to enjoy yourself for once and I may have been slightly intoxicated at the time”. “Alright, apology accepted. You know I can’t stay mad at all of you”, Seungmin said, making the other’s cheer. “Group hug!” Chan yelled before all seven boys jumped on top of Seungmin, almost breaking the poor boys’ spine. Eventually the boys had settled back down in their spots on the couch, prompting Minho to stand up and walk over to Seungmin’s television. “As we were all expecting this outcome, I, as the great friend I am, decided to bring my prized collection of Disney movies. So, which one do we watch first”, Minho said, laying out an array of both old and new Disney movie, prompting a heated argument in the group, as half the group wanted to watch Mulan, whilst the other half wanted to watch the lion king. “Seungmin, you choose!” Jisung, who was in the middle of wrestling Felix, yelled. “We can just watch both, does it really matter which one we watch first?”, Seungmin answered, sinking deeper into the couch. “Yes it does!” Jisung yelled, throwing Felix off of the couch, the blonde landing on top of the rug on the ground with a loud thud. As Felix rolled around on the floor, overdramatically groaning in pain, Jisung stuck his arms in the air. “I am victorious, so we’re watching the lion king first”, he announced, ordering Minho to get up and put the DVD in the DVD-player. Seungmin just laughed, shaking his head at his friends’ antics, letting it all happen, completely forgetting about his homework and the text he promised Hyunjin he’d send.

 

When Seungmin arrived at school the next morning, he discovered his first lesson of the day was cancelled due to his mathematics teacher being ill. Sighing, he walked back to his locker to dump his books in there. At least his backpack would be a bit lighter for the day. Suddenly, he heard loud footsteps running down the corridor. ‘Someone must be late for their first period’, Seungmin thought to himself, shaking his head in disapproval. With the slightest sliver of curiosity, he looked up to see which unfortunate soul had bestowed such a fate upon themselves, only to be met with a sweaty and dishevelled Hyunjin, who seemed equally surprised to see Seungmin. “You’re late”, the redhead remarked, stating the obvious. The taller just chuckled, combing his hands through his hair, trying to fix the mess. “You tied your necktie wrong”, Seungmin stated, stepping closer to Hyunjin, before undoing the taller’s tie and redoing it for him. Hyunjin’s breath hitched as he looked down at the shorter, who seemed to be extremely focused on Hyunjin’s tie, his slender fingers quickly and smoothly fixing the messy knot Hyunjin had made, his tongue slightly poking out through his lips out of habit. ‘Cute’, Hyunjin thought, before mentally slapping himself as he felt his ears burning up. “Thanks”, Hyunjin spoke up, noticing that Seungmin was done. Seungmin looked up, blushing at the little to no distance that was left between the two of them, before stuttering out a squeaky ‘no problem’. He was about to step away from the taller, when Hyunjin took a hold of his right hand, staring deeply into Seungmin’s eyes. “There was something I was meaning to ask you”, Hyunjin said after clearing his throat, nervous butterflies swarming around in his stomach. Seungmin nodded and slightly squeezed Hyunjin’s hand, encouraging him to speak.

All of a sudden, Seungmin’s phone buzzed in his pocket, right when Hyunjin was about to open his mouth. Muttering out an apology under his breath, Seungmin turned the device off with his free hand, after quickly reading the message his mom sent him, informing him he had forgotten his lunch at home. “Sorry”, Seungmin apologised again, pocketing the device. “What was it you wanted to ask?” Hyunjin nervously chewed on his bottom lip, debating on whether or not to ask his question, when he felt Seungmin reassuringly squeeze his hand yet again, giving the taller the last bit of confidence he needed. “Why didn’t you text me back last night?” He asked, scared he had just ruined his chances with Seungmin. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry”, Seungmin said genuinely. “My friends ended up staying over at my place till late at night and I just forgot. Please don’t be mad”, he slightly whined, interlacing his fingers with Hyunjin’s and making a pouty face, making the older burst out in giggles. “It’s fine Seungmin, I’m not mad at you. I actually thought I said or did something wrong, so I’m glad we cleared that up”, Hyunjin said, releasing his hand from Seungmin’s, only to wrap his arms around the shorter in a tight hug. Seungmin laid his head in the crook of Hyunjin’s neck, letting out a relieved sigh. “Shouldn’t you be in class right now“, Seungmin teased, craning his head so he could look at Hyunjin. “You know what, I’m already ten minutes late anyways and I’ve probably already gotten detention, so I guess I’ll just skip first period to spend some more time with you”, Hyunjin retaliated, booping Seungmin’s nose. “Alright,” Seungmin replied, “but we’re going to the library, because I still have an assignment to finish.

 

Meanwhile Felix and Jisung were sitting in the cafeteria, as they shared their first period with Seungmin and had therefor also an unexpected free period. “I’m so bored”, Jisung whined”, burying his head in his arms, which were resting on the table. “Have you seen Seungmin this morning?”, Jisung suddenly asked, lifting his head up again. “Yeah, I spoke to him this morning in front of our classroom”, Felix replied, scrolling through his phone, not bothering to look up. “So, where is he now?” “I don’t know, I think he went to his locker to dump some of his books, why don’t you text him and ask him yourself?” Felix questioned, pocketing his phone, also starting to get bored. Free periods were nice, but not when it’s the first one, because there is usually nothing to do and there are almost no other people. “He forgot to unblock us yesterday,” Jisung commented, “so I literally can’t ask him”. “I mean, this is Seungmin we’re talking about. He is probably just at the library, doing some homework or reading a book or something”. “Alright, let’s go bother him”, Jisung said, jumping up from his seat.

 

Hyunjin plopped down next to Seungmin, intertwining his right hand with Seungmin’s left hand, as the redhead scribbles down some formulas in his notebook, his eyebrows creased in concentration. Fishing a bag of sour gummy worms from his backpack, Hyunjin quietly ate his candy, popping one in Seungmin’s mouth every so often. Feeling sneaky, Hyunjin quickly pulled the piece of candy away from Seungmin’s mouth, prompting the shorter to turn his head. He confidently pecked Seungmin’s lips, causing the redhead to blush, Hyunjin receiving a light smack against his shoulder in return. Seungmin moved his chair closer to Hyunjin’s and laid his head in the crook of the taller’s neck. “I’m tired”, he whined, nuzzling his nose against Hyunjin’s neck. “Then sleep”, Hyunjin replied, wrapping his arm around Seungmin’s waist. “We have next period together anyway, so if you don’t wake up by yourself, I’ll wake you up”. Closing his eyes, Seungmin snuggled closer into Hyunjin’s side, letting out a soft ‘thank you’. The taller looked at Seungmin lovingly, rhythmically a hand through the shorter’s red locks, an action that was oddly relaxing for both. Suddenly, Hyunjin heard a camera shutter go off, followed by some whispered curses. Looking to his left, he saw two boys around his age, quickly attempt to hide themselves behind a bookshelf. Recognising them as Seungmin’s friends, he lightly nudged Seungmin, making the shorter open his eyes. “Not to alarm you or something, but I think two of your friends just took a picture of us. They are hiding behind that bookshelf over there”, Hyunjin whispered, sneakily pointing to his left. “You have to be ing kidding me”, Seungmin groaned, getting out of his seat. “I’m gonna go grab something from the vending machine”, Seungmin declared loudly, winking at Hyunjin, who immediately understood what the other was planning. Seungmin walked in the direction of the door, which was near the bookcase, before taking a sharp left, grabbing Jisung and Felix by their collars, making the two scream. Luckily, the librarian was out for a moment, otherwise they would’ve been thrown out of the library this instant. Seungmin dragged the two boys towards the table he was sitting at, ordering them to sit in the seats opposite of his and Hyunjin’s. Seungmin himself sat back down in his original seat a stern yet slightly amused look on his face, as Hyunjin was laughing loudly beside him. Eventually, all four of them ended up in a fit of giggles, which caused them to be asked to leave by an annoyed librarian.

 

“So how did this happen and how long have you guys been dating?”, Jisung immediately asked as the four boys sat down at a table in the cafeteria, prompting Seungmin’s face to turn the same shade as his hair. “We aren’t dating”, Seungmin denied, suddenly extremely nervous. “Yeah right”, Felix butted in. “And you guys weren’t kissing and being all lovey-dovey in the library earlier either,” he added sarcastically. “We were just being friendly”, Seungmin replied, not even convincing himself, causing his friends to groan in annoyance. “By the way,” Jisung spoke up, a devious smile playing on his lips, “we posted the pictures we took earlier in our group chat and everyone is freaking out, so you better unblock us and explain yourself in the group chat. You can also add Hyunjin to the group chat, if you want”, Jisung added, giving Felix a high-five. “Seungmin frantically grabbed his phone, panic written on his face, as he opened the messenger app. As soon as he unblocked everyone, the messages started to flood in, most of them in all caps. Hyunjin just sat silently beside Seungmin, rubbing the redhead’s knee reassuringly, as Seungmin frantically began typing. “What should I do?”, he suddenly asked Hyunjin, his breathing starting to get ragged. “First of all, calm down”, Hyunjin replied, grabbing Seungmin’s phone and placing it face down on the table, before placing his hands on the shorter’s shoulders. “You two, leave”, he suddenly said to Jisung and Felix, voice filled with authority, as Seungmin’s eyes started to water. The two boys immediately scampered off, prompting Hyunjin to devote his full attention to Seungmin. “Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth”, Hyunjin softly whispered, placing a thumb on Seungmin’s cheek, the soft skin. “Now tell me what’s wrong”, Hyunjin said after Seungmin had calmed down. “It’s just that all my friends think we’re dating now, but we’re not and now I have to try and explain that, but I don’t know how to and I just get really nervous when I’m the centre of attention and I’m afraid I’m going to say something stupid”, Seungmin explained, letting out a heavy sigh. “Just tell them you’ll explain during break time”, Hyunjin suggested. “I’ll help you”, he added, taking a hold of Seungmin’s hands. What are we going to tell them exactly, Hyunjin, what are we?”, Seungmin asked, nerves taking over as his hands started to tremble, causing Hyunjin to give them a light squeeze. “Seungmin, will you be my boyfriend?”, Hyunjin suddenly asked, voice laced with sincerity, causing Seungmin’s heart to do a backflip. “A- are you serious?”, Seungmin stuttered, extremely flustered by how direct Hyunjin was. “Of course I am”, Hyunjin replied confidently. “I thought it was clear I liked you a lot, I was actually waiting for the right moment to ask you out”, he added, moving closer to Seungmin, placing a soft kiss on the others lips. When the two parted, a broad smile appeared on the redhead’s face, as he pulled Hyunjin into a tight embrace. “I love you”, he whispered into his boyfriends ear. “I love you too,” Hyunjin replied, ” but as much as I want to stay here with you, the bell just rang, so let’s go”.

 

Two boring and uneventful periods later, it was finally time for lunchbreak. Walking towards the cafeteria hand in hand with his now boyfriend, Seungmin felt a lot less nervous than he expected. “Can we go buy some food first,” Seungmin said, finally remember the text his mother sent him, “I forgot my lunch at home”. “Sure”, Hyunjin replied, playing with Seungmin’s fingers.

 

“You ready?”, Hyunjin asked, looking at Seungmin, who was scanning the cafeteria for the table his friends were sat at. “Yes”, Seungmin replied confidently. “Oh look, there they are”, Seungmin continued, pulling Hyunjin with him towards a table in the corner of the large room. As soon as Seungmin reached the table, all the attention was on him. “So, Seungmin, care to explain”, Chan spoke up, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Hyunjin and I are dating”, Seungmin said calmly, shrugging his shoulders before sitting down, pulling Hyunjin down next to him, leaving the seven males who were already sat at the table stunned. “But two hours ago you said you weren’t dating”, Felix exclaimed, an offended look on his face. “We started dated approximately one hour and fifty-nine minutes ago”, Seungmin replied, happily taking a bite of his chicken sandwich. “Cute”, Hyunjin whispered so only Seungmin could here, causing the younger to blush ever so slightly. “Alright, but how did you get mister popular over here to become your boyfriend?“, Chan said, ruining their moment to ask the question that was on everyone’s mind. “We met Saturday, he walked me home when you all ditched me”, Seungmin answered. He honestly could not be bothered to tell the whole story, knowing his friends would clock him for lying to them and acting all dramatic yesterday. “Well then, Hyunjin, welcome to the group I guess”, Chan said, before everyone went back to their own conversations.

 

Before the end of lunchbreak, Felix and Jisung ended up arguing about something once again, resulting in Jisung being dropkicked by the blonde Australian. “Payback, ”, Felix said, Woojin immediately scolding him for cursing. Seungmin and Hyunjin just laughed at the whole situation, the two of them wrapped up in a hug. Seungmin tapped Hyunjin’s shoulder, prompting the taller to turn his head, before quickly pecking him on the lips. “Payback, ”, he whispered, giggling at Hyunjin’s baffled expression.