1.

Chinese (Lesbian) Billionaires in Seoul

"Do you have everything you need?" Mr Wu asked.

"Yes, dad." Xuanyi said.

"We'll send the rest of your clothes over some time in the week." Mrs Wu said. "And if you need anything, just call!"

"Yes, mom." Xuanyi said before her mother pulled her into a tight hug.

Eventually, her mother let go and Xuanyi's dad gave her a less intense hug.

"Have fun in Seoul. Please study well." Mr Wu said.

"Oh! I forgot to mention." Mrs Wu chimed in. "There's a surprise waiting for you there."

"The plane is now boarding, please come now."

"I have to go now, I love you both, I'll call when I get there." Xuanyi said, before she managed to rush off with her bag.

She got on the plane and got to her seat, it was obviously in first class because her parents wanted the best for her after she'd refused a ride on the private jet. Xuanyi just wanted to live as normally as possible without the help of her parents wealth. Her father was a CEO whilst her mother owned a successful branch of hotels across China. Xuanyi was just... Well... Xuanyi. She hadn't done anything spectacular just yet, but she hoped studying in Seoul would help her to get a good job.

 

The plane ride went smoothly, and soon Xuanyi was in Seoul. She got a taxi to the university campus and was shown to her room. It was quite big, and she saw that she had a roommate who currently wasn't there, but she could tell that whoever it was was very wealthy. There were expensive items of clothing all over the bed, expensive shoes, expensive bags, and Xuanyi was sure she saw keys to a Rolls-Royce on her roommate's desk.

She just hoped her roommate wasn't a complete snob.

Xuanyi put her bags down and decided it was time to explore the campus. She ended up in a common room area. There were a few other students either chatting with each other or reading books. A few had come over and introduced themselves, and Xuanyi was already starting to feel quite at home.

"Is this seat taken?" A voice asked, in Chinese, which Xuanyi thought was strange.

"Uhh, no--"

The stranger had sat on Xuanyi's lap, and now she had a closer look at their face she realised who this girl was.

Meng Meiqi.

The daughter of arguably the richest couple in China, maybe even in the whole world.

And just how did they know each other? Well, CEOs often meet up with their families for parties where everyone puts on their best clothes and gathers for dinner. Xuanyi had been dragged along to many of these events, and so had Meiqi. They were only a few years apart, so when Meiqi first laid eyes on Xuanyi, she came running over to attach herself to the older girl. They never really hung out apart from at the parties due to Meiqi living in Beijing and Xuanyi choosing to stay in Hanan.

"Don't you remember me?" The younger girl whined. "It's Meiqi."

"Of course I do." Xuanyi grumbled. "How could I forget that attitude? And why are you sat on my lap? I thought you were talking about the seat next to me."

"Why would I sit there when your lap is a perfectly good seat?" Meiqi laughed. "You like me really, I know you do."

"Don't assume things." Xuanyi said before she wrapped her arms around the younger girl's waist. "So, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to study abroad, but my parents told me not to go too far. Seoul was one of the nearest and best places. How about you?" Meiqi asked.

"My mom wanted me to stay in China, but I managed to talk her into letting me come here. It's only for a few years anyway." Xuanyi said, letting out a soft sigh.

"My mom talked with your mom on the phone, so I knew you were coming. I'm the surprise by the way." Meiqi said before bursting into laughter at Xuanyi's unamused expression. "I'm here to take care of you!"

"Is that so? Then take me on a tour of the campus." Xuanyi said, grinning as she watched Meiqi's expression change.

"I don't spend much time on campus apart from to go to classes and to see my friends." Meiqi mumbled.

"Really? Then where do you go?" Xuanyi asked.

"Shopping. They have a ton of really nice cafes. They even have a cat cafe! Also there's a Gucci store down the street." Meiqi said as she relaxed against the older girl. "We should go shopping. I can take you in my car!"

"You can drive? Aren't you too young?" Xuanyi frowned.

Meiqi shook her head. "Nope! I'm old enough to drive. I passed my test not that long ago. You probably saw my car in the parking lot."

Xuanyi paused for a moment, but nothing was coming to mind. "Nope. You'll have to refresh my memory."

"The Rolls-Royce." Meiqi said.

Wait, is she my roommate? And I do remember seeing a really expensive car in the parking lot...

"Yeah, I think I saw it." Xuanyi mumbled. "How about you show me around first? Then we can do whatever you want."

"Fine." Meiqi sighed before she slid off the older girl's lap. "But I'm gonna need a nap by the time we're done, this place is huge."

Meiqi was the worst tour guide. She hardly explained anything, mostly just pointed at things and said she didn't know what it was because she didn't go there, but for some reason everyone knew her. And she was really good at Korean. Xuanyi was still studying it, so she missed a few words in the conversations Meiqi had with some of the people. Eventually, they made it to the dormitories.

"And you've probably been here already, but this is our room." Meiqi said as she approached the door with the sparkly sign and her name written in Chinese on it. "I'll add your name to it soon!"

The door opened and Meiqi instantly went over to Xuanyi's bed, flopping down on it.

"Can you not find your own bed?" Xuanyi frowned.

"My bed's full of clothes. I don't wanna move them." Meiqi mumbled as she curled up. "I'm having a nap, then we can go somewhere."

Before Xuanyi could even respond, she heard quiet snores. Meiqi had already fallen asleep. This gave her more time to look around the room. Meiqi's side was decorated with posters of various Korean and Western celebrities. She managed to recognise a few of the Korean idols, and for some reason Britney Spears and Mariah Carey. There was also an LGBT flag above her bed. It was no secret that Meiqi was gay. She never hid it from anyone. Meiqi's parents didn't care as long as she married someone rich. Xuanyi's eyes continued scanning the room before she saw a photo frame that had been put face down. She got up silently and went to look at it. It was Meiqi with a girl she didn't recognise, and they looked happy and in love, but Xuanyi assumed that something had gone wrong if Meiqi had the picture face down. She made a mental note to ask about it at a later date. Other than the many items of designer clothing strewn about the place, that was Meiqi's side of the room.

"What are you doing?"

Meiqi had woken up.

"Nothing! Just... Looking around. You have a lot of stuff." Xuanyi said, turning to the younger girl.

"I saw you looking at that picture, you know. Also, don't even think about taking my Britney poster. I almost killed someone for it." Meiqi sat up slowly, stretching.

"I wouldn't take your poster, don't worry. I wanted to ask about the picture... That's if you're up for talking about it." Xuanyi stopped.

The younger girl sighed with a nod. "That's my ex, Yamy." She hesitated for a moment before continuing. "We were engaged. But things weren't meant to be. She left and I haven't seen or heard from her since."

"When was this?" Xuanyi asked. "I never heard of you being engaged."

"It happened fast. We got engaged four months into the relationship, but she was gone by the eighth month." Meiqi said. "But... I'm over it now. We were drifting apart anyway. My dad didn't like her. She wasn't that rich..."

"Oh... Right. I'm sorry about all of that... But I'm glad you're over it. If you ever need someone to talk to about her or anything else, then you have me now." Xuanyi said with a reassuring smile.

"You're the best." Meiqi said, her bright smile returning as she hugged Xuanyi tightly. "We're going out now, I promised Cheng Xiao we'd meet up, and you're coming. She's head of the student council, we're friends and I help out with organising things for the university's LGBT community."

And with that, Meiqi got up from the bed, grabbed her keys and tugged Xuanyi out of the room.

Being roommates with Meiqi was going to be an interesting experience.