3.

Chinese (Lesbian) Billionaires in Seoul

Xuanyi was in bed, trying to sleep. Meiqi had gone to a party. Xuanyi didn't quite understand how the younger girl had the energy to study all day and then party late into the night, but that was her thing. Xuanyi had never been one for parties, mostly choosing to either completely avoid them or if forced she'd just linger near whoever had brought her until it was time to leave.

Xuanyi rolled over with a sigh as she heard laughter from the nearby party. She checked her phone. It was 1am. She hoped security would end the party soon.

And her wish came true, because ten minutes later all sounds of a party had ceased and she could hear people heading back to their dorms. That meant Meiqi would be back soon--

The door slammed open and Xuanyi heard the sound of two people making out. She stayed as still as possible, trying to act like she was asleep. She watched the two figures stumble over to the other side of the room. It was Meiqi and she was with a girl Xuanyi had seen a few times called Chaeyeon. She thought Chaeyeon had a boyfriend, and that's how it was earlier in the day, so either they'd suddenly broken up or Chaeyeon didn't care.

Xuanyi watched the two girls fall into Meiqi's bed. Xuanyi rolled over to face the wall and covered her head with a pillow to try and drown out the sounds.

 

The next morning when Xuanyi woke up, Chaeyeon was gone. Meiqi, however, was still there, and still very . She'd pushed the covers off and was lying completely exposed. Xuanyi got up, grumbling to herself, then pulled the covers up to cover Meiqi's body. This caused the younger girl to shift slightly and wake up.

"God, my head is pounding..." Meiqi groaned.

"I hardly got any sleep because of you." Xuanyi glared at the other girl. "If you're going to someone, at least do it away from me."

Meiqi stared at Xuanyi with wide eyes for a moment.

"I did? With who? I don't remember!" Meiqi sat up, pulling the covers up to wrap around herself.

"Chaeyeon." Xuanyi said. "The same Chaeyeon who has a boyfriend."

"Oh... Oh no. . I did not mean to do that." Meiqi hid her head in her hands. "What do I do now?"

Xuanyi shrugged. "I don't know, I've never been in that situation before. But I'd avoid her. And her boyfriend."

Meiqi looked up at Xuanyi. "Am I an idiot?"

"Yes." Xuanyi said. "Now go shower and make yourself presentable, we're going to get breakfast."

"Okay mom." Meiqi said with a grin before she tugged off the covers and ran into the bathroom.

An hour later, the two were both dressed and ready and went off to the cafeteria for breakfast. There were a few other students in there, including Cheng Xiao, who came to sit with them.

"Hey, just so you know, Taeyong knows what you did last night." Cheng Xiao said. "And... Well... I'd stay away from him. He's angry."

"How angry?" Meiqi asked. "Like... Punch me in the face angry? Murder me angry?"

"Hm... Probably the first one." Cheng Xiao said with a nod. "It'll pass soon though, Chaeyeon's trying to talk him round. It's not like he didn't do the same thing last month with that science major girl."

"I think I need a bodyguard..." Meiqi mumbled before she pulled out her phone, starting to text someone.

"Don't be stupid." Xuanyi said, grabbing the younger girl's phone. "I'll keep you safe. You don't have classes today, right?"

Meiqi shook her head. "Apart from writing an essay, my schedule is completely clear."

"Then you can stay with me today." Xuanyi said, patting the younger girl's head. "Nobody's going to lay a finger on you as long as I'm here."

"I wish I had someone like that..." Cheng Xiao whined. "Dawon hit me with a book yesterday because I forgot to leave a door open for her."

 

They finished breakfast and said goodbye to Cheng Xiao before heading back to their room for their bags and books, then they went to the library. They took a seat in a quiet corner and both began to work silently before someone approached the table.

"You."

The two girls both glanced up. It was Chaeyeon's boyfriend.

"If you're here to yell at me, just know I'm sorry." Meiqi said, standing up. "It was a drunken mistake."

"I don't care. Why would you do that? With her? That's my girlfriend, stupid ." Taeyong growled.

"Don't call her that." Xuanyi spoke up, also rising to her feet.

"Why? What are you going to do?" Taeyong laughed. "You couldn't hurt me even if you--"

Xuanyi had managed to twist his arm behind his back within seconds and the male was yelling for her to let go.

"Leave her alone, and don't come back. Or else it'll be worse next time." Xuanyi hissed, before she let go and watched the boy run off.

"You really are like my bodyguard." Meiqi said as she watched the other girl sit down. "Like... How did you even do that?"

"I took self defence classes. They come in handy sometimes." Xuanyi said as she went back to studying a page full of numbers and statistics.

Meiqi shuffled her seat closer to Xuanyi's so she could rest her head on the older girl's shoulder.

"After this, let's go somewhere." Meiqi mumbled.

"As long as we take the subway." Xuanyi said.

Meiqi sighed. "Deal. But if we get jumped and they steal my Givenchy stuff, you're dead."

 

The two wrapped their study session up an hour later, dropped their books off back at their room before heading to the nearest subway station.

"This could've been so much easier if I'd driven." Meiqi said as she stared hard at the subway map. "What does any of this mean? I just want to get to this cafe."

"Where is it?" Xuanyi asked.

"In Gangnam. I think. That's what the website said." Meiqi said.

Xuanyi began to follow part of the map before pointing to a colour on it. "We need to get on this line to reach Gangnam. Come on."

The two began to walk and soon got on the subway train. Whilst they were there, Meiqi had an encounter with another boy. Unfortunately, she could no longer use the "I don't speak Korean" excuse, because the boy was from China.

"Hey, you're pretty, we should go out sometime." The boy said.

"I'm not interested." Meiqi said, managing a small smile.

The boy frowned. "Why not?"

"She's taken." Xuanyi chimed in before she pulled the younger girl closer.

"Weirdos." The boy mumbled before he returned to his seat.

"Why did you do that?" Meiqi turned to Xuanyi.

Xuanyi shrugged. "I saw you were uncomfortable."

"So now you're my bodyguard and my girlfriend? Today's been very eventful." Meiqi laughed before she pulled Xuanyi into a hug. "You're the best."

 

They got off the train a short while later and found themselves in Gangnam, and after Meiqi googled a few things on her phone they were making their way to a cafe.

"By the way, I already told my driver to pick us up from here. We're not going back on the subway." Meiqi said. "Before you even argue, he's a good driver, so you have nothing to worry about. Also, we're here."

Xuanyi looked up. It was a simple cafe, it looked very luxurious and she knew why Meiqi would've chosen it instead of Starbucks. They entered and Meiqi held up a card to a man stood near the door.

"She's with me." Meiqi said.

The man nodded. "Go straight in, Miss Meng."

The two sat at a table and Meiqi handed Xuanyi a menu.

"Get anything you like." Meiqi said. "I'll pay."

"You're really not going to let me pay for anything, are you?" Xuanyi frowned.

"Not to rub it in or anything, but my parents are slightly richer than yours. I have that tiny bit more money to spend, so I'm spending it on you." Meiqi said, grinning at the other girl.

"It's only like... A few more million, you know." Xuanyi sighed. "But fine, if you really insist."

They both chose their drinks before Meiqi got up to order, when she came back she let out a deflated sigh.

"Are you tired?" Xuanyi asked.

Meiqi nodded. "I've been busy. You're probably gonna think I'm really stupid, but I'm investing in a club in Seoul. I'm making it a gay club because in my opinion there isn't enough places for us gays to go. So as well as studying and maybe a little partying, I've been having meetings about it and stuff."

"Oh, I see. So are you going to stay in Seoul after you graduate?" Xuanyi asked as she watched Meiqi.

"I think so. My mother wants to bring her restaurants over here, so if she did I'd probably be in charge of the branches here." Meiqi said before laughing. "We're really expanding our empire all over the world."

The waiter came with their drinks, the two said their thank yous before sitting in silence for a moment as they took a sip.

"How long have you been coming here for then?" Xuanyi asked.

"Since I arrived in Seoul. My dad knows the owner of this place." Meiqi said. "You're the second person I've brought here."

"Who was the first?"

"Yamy."

There was an awkward silence.

The two finished their drinks whilst Meiqi turned her attention to her phone and Xuanyi watched the busy street outside. When they were done, Meiqi's car pulled up outside.

"The car's here." Xuanyi said, nudging the other girl.

Meiqi looked up. "Oh, so it is. Let's go."

The two got up and headed outside and got in the car. Meiqi was still very focused on her phone and made a few calls in the car, before eventually she hung up and let out a sigh.

"What's up?" Xuanyi asked.

"Just club stuff." Meiqi mumbled. "Nothing I can't deal with."

"Are you sure I can't help with anything?" Xuanyi shuffled herself closer to Meiqi.

Meiqi shook her head. "Don't worry about it. Anyway, I have to go to a meeting, so we're dropping you off at the campus and then I have to go. Also, I'm taking you somewhere on Friday night. It's time we started your social life."

"But--"

"Miss Wu, we've arrived at the campus." The driver said.

Meiqi grinned at the older girl. "Bye, Xuanyi!"

Xuanyi shot a glare at the younger girl before she got out and walked to their room.

She really hoped Meiqi hadn't planned anything too extreme.