2.

Chinese (Lesbian) Billionaires in Seoul

"Do you really not own a single item of Gucci? Not even the sliders?" Meiqi was asking.

She'd managed to avoid it for a week, but Xuanyi had finally been dragged shopping with Meiqi.

"I don't think I do. But if I do I didn't buy it for myself." Xuanyi said as she followed the younger girl around the store.

"Can I buy you something?" Meiqi turned to the older girl before grabbing a jacket. "What about this?"

"You don't have to buy me anything, you know I have money--"

"Let me treat you!" Meiqi whined. "Come on, I've treated all my friends here, I even got Cheng Xiao a whole outfit the other week..."

Xuanyi sighed. "Fine. But just the jacket and nothing else."

"Deal." Meiqi said before she dragged Xuanyi up to the counter to pay.

"Where do you wanna go next?" Xuanyi asked.

"Victoria's Secret." Meiqi said. "I need to get some stuff from there."

Xuanyi suddenly began to imagine Meiqi in all sorts of lingerie. She quickly shook the thought from her head. It was weird to think of a friend like that, even if they were insanely beautiful.

They left the Gucci store and walked to the next store. Meiqi began picking up all sorts of lacy bras and underwear, even forcing Xuanyi to choose some too with a cheeky "You never know when you might need some y underwear, you could get laid!" and a wink. Eventually they got to the counter and paid for their things before Meiqi decided it was time to go to Starbucks.

"Do you really have to drive us back to campus?" Xuanyi asked. "You driving that car gives me anxiety."

"Hey! I haven't crashed it once! We're going back in the car. Public transport is always hot and uncomfortable." Meiqi said as they entered Starbucks.

"The usual, Miss Meng?" The guy behind the counter asked.

Meiqi nodded before turning to Xuanyi. "What are you having?"

Xuanyi looked up at the menu before pointing to some iced tea. They got their drinks before sitting at a table.

"I swear everyone in this city knows you." Xuanyi mumbled.

Meiqi laughed. "No, silly. That guy behind the counter is my friend. This general area is full of people who study at the university. That's why so many people say hi to me. Just wait until I introduce you to everyone!"

Xuanyi had only really met Cheng Xiao, the head of the student council. She was quiet and polite, and apparently loved to hold hands with Meiqi. That was their thing. There were a few other faces Xuanyi had been introduced to briefly, but she couldn't quite remember their names.

The two were both sitting minding their own business when a guy strolled up to the table and started talking to Meiqi.

"Hey, you look cute. Can I have your number?"

Meiqi glanced over at me for a moment, before turning to him and speaking in Chinese.

"I don't speak Korean."

The guy looked confused, so Meiqi sighed and did her worst Korean, repeating the same thing.

"Oh... Sorry." He mumbled before returning to his friends who laughed at him.

"Boys are gross." Meiqi mumbled as she finished her drink. "I'd never let one come near me. Let's get out of here before they send one of their kind over for you."

Meiqi got up and Xuanyi followed and they left, beginning to head back to the car.

"Do you have classes later?" Xuanyi asked.

Meiqi shook her head. "There's a party tonight, I'm gonna go. You're free to come too."

"I would, but I need to catch up on some work. Maybe next time though." Xuanyi said before letting out a sigh. "University is tougher than I thought."

"You'll get used to it soon. It's only been a week." Meiqi said. "My major is so fun. I get to play with animals. And then I write about it. Oh, I also meant to ask, are you in any clubs?"

Xuanyi nodded. "Archery. My mom said I'm good at it, so I decided to join. What about you? Are you in any?"

"Photography and modelling. Also there's this secret club. It's not for just anyone, and we're not supposed to talk about it. It's for the wealthy students, and we get together to have fun trips sometimes, but mostly we just have meetings on how we can help improve the facilities at the university with our money. I'm funding this guy's science experiments! And the other week I helped pay for some girl's books in the libary." Meiqi said. "It's nice to give back to the community."

"I... That didn't go how I expected it to." Xuanyi paused for a moment. "But that's really nice... Wow, Meiqi."

"You're always welcome to join our club if you feel like it." Meiqi said. "Oh look, we're back at the car!"

Xuanyi glanced up to see the black Rolls-Royce waiting for them. Meiqi threw their stuff in the back before getting in the drivers seat, Xuanyi anxiously sitting in the passenger seat.

"Seatbelt for safety." Meiqi mumbled to herself as she put her seatbelt on, then she started the car. "Ready to go!"

Meiqi began to drive. It was a short journey but Xuanyi often had to point out things and help, but they made it back to campus. Meiqi parked up and they headed back to their dorm.

"Are you getting ready for the party now?" Xuanyi asked.

Meiqi nodded as she suddenly began to take off her clothes. "Yep! Are you sure you're not coming? Sana wouldn't mind."

Xuanyi quickly looked away and stared hard at the book she was supposed to be reading. "I really need to finish this."

"What's it about?" Meiqi asked, wandering over to Xuanyi's side of the room.

"It's about business and-- Jeez, put some clothes on!" Xuanyi groaned at the sight of Meiqi in her underwear.

"We're both girls, it's fine!" Meiqi said. "But if it bothers you that much then fine."

Meiqi shuffled back over to her side of the room and got dressed in something she'd purchased earlier.

"Are you going now?" Xuanyi glanced up at the other girl as she approached the door.

Meiqi nodded. "Don't wait up for me, I'll be back late. But if you need me then you have my number! Have fun reading."

And with that, the younger girl was gone.

 

Xuanyi ended up studying and writing notes for a few hours before she heard voices outside.

"Why are you here? What do you want?"

"Please, just listen to me..."

"No, Yamy. You left me. You broke my ing heart!"

"Meiqi, please--"

"Shut up!"

Xuanyi put her book down and got up from her desk, opening the door to find Meiqi and another girl outside the door.

"Xuanyi, go back inside... I'll be in soon." Meiqi mumbled to the older girl, glancing up at her with tears in her eyes.

"But you're crying." Xuanyi frowned as she stepped outside to pull the younger girl into a tight hug, before she glared at the other girl who she assumed was Yamy. "Go away, she doesn't want to see you anymore."

Meiqi instantly began to sob into Xuanyi's shirt, clinging onto the older girl.

"But--" Yamy started.

"You heard her..." Meiqi sobbed. "Go away, Yamy..."

Yamy sighed. "Fine... Have it your way." Then she left.

Xuanyi guided Meiqi back into their room. They sat on Xuanyi's bed for a while and she held her whilst Meiqi cried. Meiqi managed to calm down after a while and decided to talk about what happened.

"The party was going great... And then she showed up. I don't know why, she ruined it all." Meiqi sighed as she took off her jacket. "I don't know what she wants from me. She's the reason we drifted apart... God, I really don't even know where to start."

"She had no right to do that." Xuanyi said. "I was ready to fight her."

Meiqi managed a small smile. "You can't get expelled in your first week here though. But it's nice to know you'd fight her for me."

"If she does come back here though then I might have to fight her. I can't believe she'd make you cry like that..." Xuanyi frowned as she watched the younger girl get up to reach for some makeup wipes.

"Why do I always end up with people that just mess with me?" Meiqi sighed. "Why can't I just have someone who likes me for me and will stick around?"

"You'll find someone eventually, don't worry." Xuanyi said as she watched the other girl wipe what was left of her makeup off. "Love takes time. You're still literally a baby."

"I want to forget about her." Meiqi said. "Help me forget."

"How?" Xuanyi asked.

"I want to take you somewhere." Meiqi said before she got up and grabbed a hoodie. It was less glamorous than what Xuanyi had previously seen Meiqi in, but it looked comfortable.

"Alright. As long as it's not far." Xuanyi said as she grabbed her jacket and put her shoes on.

They left their dorm and headed up a few flights of stairs. Eventually they were on the roof. There were a few other people there, but Meiqi got them to move by offering them cash. That was something Xuanyi noticed about Meiqi. She flaunted her wealth a lot, paying other students to do things for her, but she always gave back to the community, so she'd be prancing about in whatever was new in the fashion world, whilst doing good deeds. It was a new Meiqi she hadn't met at the family parties in China.

Meiqi lead Xuanyi over to some seats and they sat down.

"Do you come here often?" Xuanyi asked.

Meiqi shrugged. "It's a new spot for me. After breaking up with Yamy, Xiao showed me this place and said she uses it to clear her head, so I started coming up here recently."

Xuanyi looked up at the sky. She could see the stars. It was a clear night and there was a slight breeze. She could hear the sound from a nearby party, probably the one Meiqi had been at.

"How are you feeling now?" Xuanyi asked.

"Better." Meiqi said. There was a pause before she continued. "Xuanyi, have you ever been in love?"

Xuanyi looked at the other girl for a moment before shaking her head. "No."

"Love feels so good." Meiqi said before letting out a shaky exhale. "But it hurts so bad. I don't know if I want you to feel that pain. I don't want you to hurt."

"I know... But sometimes we have to go through those experiences and feel that pain before we find the one. Sometimes we have to get hurt and love as hard as we can before things work out." Xuanyi said as she looked up at the sky again. "Love is really difficult, and I've seen it almost tear my family apart. But I know you'll find the right person someday."

There was a small silence before Meiqi spoke up.

"Thanks, Xuanyi. I really needed to hear something like that."

They spent all night up on the roof talking until the sun began to rise, so they headed back to their dorm to get a few hours of sleep before their classes.