Chapter 07

Just Friends

Chapter 07

Straight Friend.

 

"Are you coming to the soccer practice?" Nam Soon took a peek on his phone screen under his desk as the teacher kept explaining something about human anatomy, and stared down again as soon as he was sure that he wasn't being noticed - he usually wouldn't mind using his phone, but this professor had been picking on with everything he did, so he didn't feel like giving him any more reasons to do so.

"Can't" he looked at the time on his wristwatch - it was almost 6pm. "Have classes until late tonight," he sighed, placing his phone back under his desk and leaned against his chair.

Why did Heung Soo want him to go though? That was unusual of him. Nam Soon smiled to himself, staring at the campus outside. Maybe he was feeling guilty? He could be pretty stupid sometimes, but Nam Soon certainly wouldn't complain.

He stared back at this professor with that large smile still on his face.

"Do you think my class is funny?" he had that usual look of despise that Nam Soon hated. He always used it against Nam Soon, for just any reason - or literally no justified reason at all.

He just shook his head, clenching his fists under his desk and kept staring at him, making his best effort not to roll his eyes. He could feel that everyone else was looking at him, not that it made such a difference - everyone in that class were already used to the way this teacher would always pick up at him.

It was an endless class, and by the time it was over Nam Soon felt a slightly headache that had nothing to do with his physical health.

"I'll give you a ride today," Heung Soo's message was sent like two hours ago and only now Nam Soon managed to read it. He frowned, not even noticing the smile that appeared on his face as soon as he read it.

"Why??" He sent it as he and his friends walked down the staircases back to the campus - they could feel a chill wind running through the doors every time it opened when someone approached it.

"I think your mom is here," Hyung Woo pointed out to someone up in front, and Nam Soon looked up.

Heung Soo was standing near his car at the campus parking lot, wearing a blue cap and the same black mask from before. Nam Soon rolled his eyes,

"Oh shut up," he cursed, waving goodbye and heading to the older direction - although he had a smile on his lips as he approached Heung Soo, that had been typing on his phone and almost didn't see him coming.

"Why did you come all the way here?" he asked with a smirk, standing by his side. Heung Soo put his phone aside and shook his shoulders,

"I was just passing by."

"Where though? The stadium is quite far," he raised his eyebrows, still staring at him, but Heung Soo just shrugged again, picking something from his pockets. "You're lying, right? What's up?" Nam Soon showed a slight smile, and winked, "missed me?"

Heung Soo rolled his eyes, turning back to his car, "I'm already regretting this," he hissed, getting inside, but unlocking the door to Nam Soon, that kept his smile behind him as he got in the passenger seat.

"You're going to see the match tomorrow, right?" Heung Soo asked, finally showing the ticket he had been keeping in his pockets

Nam Soon took it straight away, staring at it for a few seconds and smiling back at him, "You even have to ask? When have I lost any of your matches?"

Heung Soo shrugged, quickly looking into his eyes before turning to the wheel, with a hidden smile on the corner of his lips.

 

 


 

The screams of the crowd, the sportscasters, steps on the field, frustrated sounds of a missed goal, and exciting ones of a goal recently made - everything was so familiar and Nam Soon simply loved it. It was even better than the practices.

The game was tied, and the minutes were going by. The heartbeats and screams got louder, Nam Soon stood up as Heung Soo ran with the ball on his feet - more screams, one final kick, goal.

Nam Soon jumped on his seat, the screams got higher and Heung Soo ran to the crowd. Everyone was cheering like it was the finals. They were into the championship - Heung Soo had made it and he couldn't be more proud. He smiled from the crowd, and could see Heung Soo's large smile, staring at him while the other teammates held and congratulated him. The game was over.

Heung Soo raised his arms with his eyes still on him, and they kept the smile, staring at each other while people slowly emptied the stadium in celebrations.

"Going to our celebration party right?" Heung Soo asked him later on, when the stadium was almost empty.

"Will you introduce me to the German guy?" Nam Soon said as if it were a condition, winking playfully.

"Oh forget I asked," Heung Soo rolled his eyes, drinking some water that Nam Soon had just landed him near the bleachers.

"Meet you at the exit when you're ready ok?" Nam Soon laughed, pointing it out, and Heung Soo nodded, still shaking his head in annoyance at his previous joke.

"I'm telling you, he's straight," Heung Soo affirmed, waving slightly as he headed to meet the rest of the team in the lockers room.

 

 


 

The place had loads of buckets of ice with beer and champagne and balloons decorating everywhere. Nam Soon hanged his coat on the hangers by the entrance, and was surprised by the amount of screams that succeeded as Heung Soo arrived by his side. His teammates where euphoric, carrying him around, opening champagnes as if they had already won the championship.

"What if you had lost the game, you all rented this place without knowing?" Nam Soon asked, looking around as Heung Soo's teammates finally let him go after loads of congratulations and handshakes.

"Guess we would use it to drown our tears," Heung Soo shrugged. "I'll go get the drinks," he pointed to a corner where a few people were getting their glasses and filling with champagne and Nam Soon nodded, glancing around. He was looking for someone, and he quickly found him - filling one glass with something that looked like a vodka cocktail near a table with empty glasses and a few ripped balloons.

"Great game," Nam Soon said as he approached, and the blue eyed guy stared at him. Nam Soon smiled.

"It's all on Heung Soo today, honestly," he shook his shoulder, placing the cocktail over the table, his eyes running up and down his face - with too much interest, Nam Soon couldn't help noticing. "And you are...? " He raised his eyebrows, and Nam Soon stretched his hands, his smile now subtle on the corner of his lips.

"Go Nam Soon," he showed just a bit of his teeth, and deepened his eyes into his blue ones, just trying to make sure.

"I'm Julien," he reached out his hand to a friendly shake. Nam Soon nodded still with his eyes in his.

"I know."

"Oh. Soccer fan?" He wondered, and Nam Soon shook his shoulders, without diverting his eyes,

"Yes we can say that," he risked another smile. The blonde was the first to look away, seeming a bit anxious, but Nam Soon kept his eyes on him, "so what do you have there?" he asked, referring to his drink. Julie looked back at him, his cheeks flushed.

"This?" He pointed to the bottle with a blue liquid, "try it".

And he handed him his glass. Nam Soon smirked again.

It was too sweet for his taste, but he could drink it. He nodded, pretending to have approved. Julien had a nice smile, that went really well with his deep blue eyes. Also his lips... He wondered what tricks he could do with them.

Suddenly, he handed him a new glass he had just filled with the sweet drink, and Nam Soon reached out for it. Their fingers touched around the glass - it was too much not to be on purpose. Specially by the way he was staring at him.

Heung Soo was too slow - straight my .

However, before he could risk saying something else, strong arms lay down over his shoulders, pulling him some inches away from Julien.

"Trying to steal my friend?" It was Heung Soo, looking at the blonde with a strange smile on his lips.

"Oh. You know each other?" Julien stared to one another, and Nam Soon laughed,

"Yes, you can say that," he joked once more, and Heung Soo shook his head,

"Stop being stupid," he looked at Nam Soon, noticing the drink on his hands, "since when do you drink cocktails?" he frowned.

"Ever since your friend served me," he explained, noticing that Heung Soo placed a new bottle of beer he took for them over the table.

"Guess you won't need the beer then," Heung Soo took his arms from his shoulders," be careful with him, sometimes his jokes are too much," he warned Julien, pointing out to Nam Soon.

"Trying to make me look bad huh?" Nam Soon rolled his eyes, risking one quick stare at the guy at his side, that was now paying attention to some girls that had just arrived.

They were talking to two guys by the front door, but soon the tallest one spotted Julien with his cocktails, and she pulled her friend with her, heading on their direction.

"hi," she waved as soon as she reached them, with her cheeks flushed, "congratulations on the game."

Julien smiled, offering them a glass with the cocktails.

"Did you watch?" He wondered, and she just nodded with her head.

"Of course," she seemed excited. Nam Soon rolled his eyes.

"Hey!" the other girl with shorter hair was staring at him, frowning with a curious expression. "Have I seen you somewhere?" Nam Soon pointed at himself, staring at both Heung Soo and Julien, startled.

"Yes!" the girl that had been talking to Julien diverted her attention to him, "he's that guy on dispatch, on that photo with Heung Soo," she pointed at him like they weren't even there.

The shorter hair girl was now blushing, "oh! The model that no one knew who he was?" Nam Soon couldn't help from smiling. He was just about to make up a funny story about his supposedly modeling days, but Heung Soo was quicker to up his intentions:

"He's just my friend, not a ing model," he was shaking his head in annoyance, and Nam Soon punched his arms, feeling frustrated,

"What a good way to end up with my fun, ."

"Well I guess beautiful people attract each other then," she risked a smile, that Nam Soon so stupidly returned and pretended not to see Heung Soo shaking his head by his side.

"Looks like coach wants to say something," Julien was referring to their trainer, that was noisily calling everyone around. Heung Soo pulled Nam Soon near him and away from Julien - like he had just been chasing the opportunity to do it before. Honestly Nam Soon thought this was quite funny.

In one minute everyone was being loud, but suddenly the only voice being heard was the trainer's - praising, non specifically directed to anyone, but clearly looking at Heung Soo while he said it.

Heung Soo was smiling proudly, and Nam Soon felt happy for him - they had been through a lot and was indeed a big thing to still be here together now.

After a few minutes of his speech, the song was loud in the room again, and everyone followed for the second round of drinking.

Nam Soon headed to the table with the beers to get a new bottle - he was done with the cocktail and wasn't willing to try another one.

"Told you he's straight," Heung Soo whispered in his ear, in a tone that showed some relief, and Nam Soon looked back at the table they were before. Julien was talking to the tallest girl, full of smiles. But then he stared back at him, and Nam Soon was the one smiling.

"Right..." He smirked. Well, he didn't expect Heung Soo to see it as he saw it anyway.

But Julie got his eyes on him for the next minutes, and Nam Soon had no doubts about it. He opened the bottle and looked up again - the blonde was looking at her, but then his eyes would divert back to his and he would smile.

Too much for a straight guy. Nam Soon took a sip of his beer and waited until that girl left, probably to the toilet - not that he really cared to where she went. Heung Soo had his back to him, talking to his trainer that had just came to praise him again in person.

"Friends?" Nam Soon teased, referring to the girl as he faced the blonde, that was just finishing his cocktail with a discreet smile on his lips.

"Yes, guess you can say that," he teased, and Nam Soon raised his eyebrows. "Party is nice..." He averted his eyes, looking around, but Nam Soon clearly wasn't looking anywhere else, "but I'm afraid I have to keep going soon. " Nam Soon frowned, "are you staying or...?"

"I would fancy a ride," Nam Soon smirked, and then shake his shoulders, "feeling rather tired, you know."

And Julien laughed. Really nice teeths. This party was indeed worthy going after all. 

 


 
Hey, I'm so sorry that it took so long to update! I've been doing other stuff lately and had less time to write... So sorry I'll try to keep it more often again! At least once every two weeks :)