Chapter 10

Just Friends

Chapter 10

I need to know



“Are you seeing your girlfriend tonight?” Nam Soon asked while Heung Soo looked at himself in the living room’s mirror, trying to fix his tie. He frowned at the younger and shook his head,

“No.”

Nam Soon had been asking him those questions for some time now, and apparently, Heung Soo was starting to get annoyed by it.

“Why are you asking me this all the time?” he turned to the younger for a brief second before going back to deal with his neckwear.

Nam Soon shook his shoulders, and stared at the older struggling with it, “‘cause I know you.”

He heard Heung Soo sighing slightly, but wasn't sure if it was because of the conversation or because he couldn't find the right way to adjust the knot.

“We are fine. We just decided to take things slowly because we have been arguing a lot,” he sighed again, “besides, it's a ty dinner that I'm quite sure it's my couch trying to set me up for some advertising.”

“ok then,” Nam Soon said, getting up from the couch and heading to his direction, standing on his front and touching his tie.

Heung Soo looked back at him, and Nam Soon made sure to keep eye contact for some seconds before proceeding to fix the knot.

He could still feel his eyes upon him while he finished tying it - making sure to take longer than necessary. He wanted to look up, and he would have - if it was someone else other than Heung Soo.

But honestly... So what if it was Heung Soo? He looked up. Their eyes met for a brief second before Heung Soo looked somewhere else - with his cheeks clearly blushed. Nam Soon smirked, “I like your lotion,” he commented, his tone of half joke, half a risky seduction that he wondered if Heung Soo would receive as such.

It was followed by a few seconds of silence until the older eyes faced him with blushed cheeks and there was a thin line between startled and bewildered on his expression.

He opened his mouth slightly as he thought about a reply, but closed it again, avoiding the younger. Something was definitely odd. He thought about Nam Hyuk saying he could be bi, but that couldn't be. During all these years, wouldn't Nam Soon have noticed something?

“I'm going to a party this night, if you want to go when you finish the dinner,” He suddenly offered, breaking the ice and taking a short step backwards as soon as he was finished with the knot.

“Where at?” Heung Soo swallowed hard after a few seconds where he apparently got himself back together, blinking once before his eyes dropped to the other’s. Nam Soon smirked again,

“Itaewon. Gay club, I'll text you the address just in case,” he shrugged, but Heung Soo didn't reply - instead, he got his suit from over the sofa and quickly put it on, looking rather good - surely more than Nam Soon was expecting. He never saw anything special on suits, but Heung Soo definitely looked good on it.

 


 

Seeing Kyun Sang talking to his friends as soon as he arrived at the party was the sign that they apparently had a new member on the group.

He wasn't even aware of when he got his friends numbers so that he would just show up as he knew them for ages. Nam Soon slowly approached, wondering if he should kiss him, or just wave. Kissing could mean a compromise on being always together that he wasn't ready to, even though he was looking good as always. So, instead, he just waved at them as soon as their eyes met.

“Didn't know you were coming,” Nam Soon risked commenting, staring at them with an inquiring expression directed to Hyun Woo.

Kyun Sang shook his shoulders, “nice to see you too,” he teased.

“Let's get some drinks,” Hyung Woo pulled him by his sleeve, forcing him to get away from the other and avoiding an awkward response that Nam Soon was most probably going to make.

“You're no longer interested in him?” Hyun Woo asked as they stood in front of the bar.

“It's not about not being interested anymore,” Nam Soon shrugged after ordering a glass of whisky and looked down as he felt his phone vibrating on his pocket.

I'm hiding in the toilet.”

LOL WHAT?” Nam Soon replied, showing a funny smile while he stared down at his phone.

"They want to sponsor the team, but it's a fashion brand. They want me to be their model. Seriously I'm not a ing model.”

Is the toilet near them? Can they see you leaving?

No

So come here lol” Nam Soon smirked.

Heung Soo typed back, then erased. Then he was typing again.

Coach will kill me.”

Nam Soon sighed, quickly looking up. Hyun Woo was already back near Kyun Sang, and they looked really into their talking. But then, his phone vibrated again:

I’m going. Send me your location.”

 


 

Hyun Woo and Kyun Sang were lost in talks ever since Nam Soon approached them. Actually, Kyung Sang was paying more attention to him than Nam Soon - which didn't really bother him, since he was too busy staring around at the entrance to see if Heung Soo showed up.

He was feeling weirdly anxious about it, and couldn't stop thinking about everything that had been going on lately. Heung Soo weird stares, touches and questions... And specifically about the thing. Sure, it might all just be a ing weird coincidence, but his guts were telling him that too many coincidences just don't happen.

Heung Soo ended up arriving after what seemed like half an hour later, wearing his black mask to hide his face, though the fact that he was wearing a suit did get him some extra attention from everyone around.

And to be quite honest, Kyun Sang and Hyun Woo could be even kissing by his side, but Nam Soon wouldn't even notice them. His eyes were all on Heung Soo, especially when he took out his mask as soon as he approached them, shaking his head slightly to get his fringe out of his face.

“You've made it,” Nam Soon blinked, grabbing one bottle of beer from the bucket he had bought a while ago and handed it to the oldest.

“Yeah. Had to turn off my phone though because he kept calling me. I'm so gonna be dead tomorrow,” He shook his head, clearly not believing what he had just done.

“Worry about that later. Here,” Nam Soon shook the bottle on his direction. He wouldn't say he was drunk - maybe just slightly tipsy - whichever it was, he didn't think twice when his fingers grazed his while he handed him the beer.

He looked up and felt for just a slight second Heung Soo’s eyes freezing onto his. It was too dark to notice any blush on his cheeks, but he did look back - and it was not just that. It was hard to explain, but Nam Soon did feel something in that glaze. Was it the alcohol, or the pop music playing on the background? Or maybe it was just his heart pounding weirdly in his chest.

“I'm seeing you quite often.” Heung Soo suddenly stared at Kyun Sang on his side, who had stopped talking to Hyun Woo a while ago and Nam Soon hadn't even realised.

“True,” he shook his shoulders, seeming a bit uncomfortable, “sorry about the other day,” Nam Soon frowned, and suddenly realised that he was probably talking about his encounter on his apartment.

Heung Soo forced a traumatised expression but suddenly laughed, taking a sip of his beer and staring at the crowd dancing wildly to the hip hop song that was now playing.

Nam Soon looked at him for a few seconds, feeling another strong pound on his chest while the oldest run his hands through his hair, quickly staring at Nam Soon while he did it.

ing nerves. Nam Soon sighed, suddenly grabbing Won Geun whisky from his hands and drinking it all in one go, - are you drunk already? - Won Geun started cursing, but Nam Soon just handed him back the empty glass, slightly shaking his head.

His stupid heartbeats, was he ing crazy?

“Let's dance,” he pulled Kyun Sang by the collar, heading to the dance floor without even waiting for his response.

Oh, I want to know just how to love you
The jewel of California

The song just started to play as Nam Soon turned to face Kyun Sang, that showed a mischievous smile on his lips. But then again, Nam Soon wasn't really looking at him.

Heung Soo was standing near Hyun Woo, that was deep into a conversation with Won Geun now. He was holding the bottle of beer that Nam soon handed him, and his eyes were still on his. Nam Soon blinked, but Heung Soo kept staring. And his ing heart was pounding again.

Oh, I want to skip stones on your skin, boy
And drown me in your water”

It should be because of the song. Or the alcohol.

He felt Kyun’s hand on his hips and finally looked back at the guy. But Heung Soo’s eyes were like a magnet. Why wouldn't he stop staring? And when did this all started? Was it when they kissed? Or was it when he told him he had feelings for him before? Or perhaps something was always there, and they didn't notice before?

And my boy like a queen. Unlike one you've ever seen”

Whatever it was, Nam Soon needed to be sure. He looked back at Kyun Sang, that was failing to grab his attention all this time. Then, he glanced at Heung Soo again, with a meaningful smile on his lips as he runs his hands through his hair.

And he pulled Kyun Sang into a kiss. He blinked, and opened his eyes again - Heung Soo was still staring. He could feel Kyun’s warm lips, his hands on his wrists and his breath on his skin. But his eyes were still on Heung Soo, and his cheeks blushing and his heart pounding was a mixed result of that kiss and the stare that he and Heung Soo were sharing. He could even feel like the one he was kissing right now was not Kyun Sang, but Heung Soo - except that it wasn't tasting like green apple soju this time, but rather like a fancy vodka; and Kyun Sang’s lotion smelled more citric than Heung Soo’s woody one that he was using this morning.

Nam Soon’s heart beat faster again. It seemed like Heung Soo wasn't even blinking - his beer long forgotten on his hands.

Nam Soon just wished Heung Soo could also see when he smiled into the kiss.

Tell me all the ways to love you, 'cause you taste like Lucky Strikes

 



Sorry for the really late update. I got sick last year and stayed in the hospital for a few days, and after that my inspiration was kinda gone... I'll try to be faster with the next one! :)