Chapter 02

Just Friends

Chapter 02

Breaking News.

 

Too many drinks, and a ing headache. Nam Soon woke up sometime around one o'clock in the afternoon, and the best part he remembered about last night were the three shots of tequila Heung Soo so deliberately bought for them. After that he was just quite surprised that there was no stranger over his bed. Probably the only reason for that was the fact that they were in a ing straight night club. No problem about it since he wouldn't even remember if he had met anyone.

Heung Soo was being unnecessarily loud in the kitchen, and Nam Soon didn't even bother to dress - he didn't wanna think about the fact that he was just in his underwear. He probably had a crazy night to be undressed and not have anyone in his room to justify it.

"What's going on?" Nam Soon asked with a sleepy voice as he tried, unsuccessfully, to get his hair down.

"Just go into any news website and you'll know what the hell is going on," Heung Soo was definitely not in a good mood, and Nam Soon was sure it had nothing to do with a hangover as soon as he opened the browser on his phone. In fact, it was the first news on dispatch. Like they had nothing more interesting to say other than that - and, actually, they probably didn't.

BREAKING NEWS - Always in capital letters. Nam Soon was sure that all the news started with breaking news. - soccer player Park Heung Soo is seen at a Hongdae club shortly after ending his two years relationship.

How the was that breaking news? But then Nam Soon saw the photos inside the article and his mood suddenly lifted. Someone at some point took a photo of Heung Soo, and got Nam Soon on the exact same shot. He zoomed in on his face.

"That was a nice shot," he continued to zoom up and down his face in the picture - he really couldn't remember that moment at all. He and Heung Soo were on the dance floor, with glasses of something he was pretty sure was whiskey in his hands. And he thought they only had tequila. Heung Soo wasn't really good at the picture though - looked too drunk. Well probably the choice of photo was on purpose. "- though I think they should have taken it from my other side. That's my better side."

Heung Soo kept staring at him, shaking his head slightly.

"Really, Nam Soon?"

He just shrugged. "I have to see the brighter picture here. At least I'm handsome."

Heung Soo was really bad at pretending to be angry, because Nam Soon could clearly see a smile appearing on the corner of his lips. "You're incorrigible, I can't believe it.

And seriously Nam Soon," He stared at him up and down, not looking very pleased, "could you please put some pants on? I'm really not in the mood to see you . I'm trying to eat here."

"I'm not ," he looked offended, pouring himself a cup of coffee that Heung Soo had recently made.

"No, but your white underwear isn't hiding much, is it?"

Nam Soon looked down at himself and back at Heung Soo, with an annoyed expression. Really, what's the problem? They had known each other for so many years that there was nothing he hadn't seen yet - not by his own will, of course, but even so.

He rolled his eyes, quickly finishing off his cup of coffee, "beautiful things have to be shown. Too bad not everyone can appreciate them."

He almost choked on the rice, "are you really talking about yourself?" Heung Soo started to laugh, and Nam Soon was also laughing. If felt like a flashback. Well, Nam Soon would probably have plenty of flashbacks from the day before during this week.

 


 

He choose his best coat today, a red scarf, black boots and white sunglasses - because today was one of those cold sunny days. Better kind of days - he had a good feeling that tonight would be worth it even if it was still three in the afternoon.

"Are you going out again?" Heung Soo asked as he watched the soccer games on television - Nam Soon had no idea which one. He still watched some games with Heung Soo, just like old times, but only the important ones - as for Heung Soo, was it kind of his job to watch every single one of them? Well, at least every Saturday when he was home, it was kind of his daily routine.

"We're having some bulgogi, and then we'll leave to Itaewon," he explained as he put his phone and wallet in his back pockets. "Wanna join?" he had a hopeful tone on his voice. Or maybe that was just part of him wishing to remember all the details of the night before? Maybe he shouldn't have drank so much.

Heung Soo shook his head slightly, not taking his eyes off the TV, "the last thing I need right now is more news about me," he mumbled, and his cellphone rang at that exact same moment, making him start to believe that he really had a hearing inserted in his clothes somehow.

"It's her?" Nam Soon's eyes fell to his cellphone and then back at him, and Heung Soo's expression looked like from a desperate person.

He stared at the older for some extra minutes before going away.

"Well, good luck."
 


 

The restaurant had that characteristic smell of barbecue that would make Nam Soon mouth watering. His friends were already at the table - drinking. Fortunately the food still hadn't arrived.

Won Geun had already served him a shot of soju before he had even sat down. Nam Soon felt his stomach turn.

"I'll better wait for the food," Nam Soon said, unable to hide his I feel like throwing up kind of face - "Having a bad hangover today,"

"Rough night, huh?" Hyung Woo had a funny smile on his face that Nam Soon already knew what he was thinking before he even said it.

"You've even appeared on the news," Won Geun seemed eager to talk about it. - Nam Hyuk took his eyes from his phone and stared curiously at them. Apparently he was the only one that still hadn't seen it.

"Yes, you know, hard to be famous," he just had to say it.

"Hey, have you read the comments?"

For some reason, Nam Soon hadn't bothered about that. Now that he said it, he couldn't believe he didn't think about it before.

"He hadn't, why did you have to open your mouth?" Hyung Woo started throwing a tantrum at Won Geun, but Nam Soon was already with his phone in hands, opening the article, "he's already full of himself, now wait for at least a week of him talking about it."

And as it seemed, people were really not interested on the news itself, as most of comments would read - who's the guy with him?, so handsome, he looks like an actor.

And the one Nam Soon enjoyed the most, "he's a model, pretty sure I saw him in a magazine"

He had never been a model - at all.

"Well... Guess they are just stating facts here," Nam Soon shrugged, getting his hands through his hair, suddenly feeling more confident about himself than he had ever been - if that was even possible.

"And here we go," Hyun Woo rolled his eyes - not without cursing at Won Geun one last time.

Nam Soon would probably do a few more comments about how they hadn't even got his better side, but the smell of the barbecue got even stronger - the waitress had finally arrived with their food, and carefully placed the meat to grill.

 


 

By eleven o'clock that night Nam Soon was not feeling sick anymore. Actually, he was more than great. The club was crowded, there were some free drinks, and the setlist was of his taste.

At some point he lost his friends inside the club - usually this would happen around three in the morning, but now it was not even midnight. They probably had too much to drink - considering they had been drinking ever since three in the afternoon, it was kinda understandable.

Nam Soon hadn't drank too much though. But that didn't stop him from being himself - even if the place where he met the new guy was inside the toilet.

"Have I seen you somewhere?" He was tall. Even taller than him. Nam Soon liked that.

"Well..." Nam Soon finished washing his hands and stared into his eyes - without looking away even once. That was one of his secrets. "You might have seen my picture on dispatch today, " he also liked his smile. And his lips.

"Really? Are you famous?"

It was Nam Soon's turn to seduce him with his smile. And with his hands over his hair. Not that it was really necessary - he always won with the stare anyway

"I can be, if you want me to."

No need for more words. His kiss was also alright, and he was hot. Nam Soon was sure this time - he wasn't even drunk. Perhaps he could even be one of the exceptions where he met him more than once.

Because the kiss was a bit more than just alright, especially when he so willingly pushed him against the wall and ran his hands down his pants with no discretion. Nam Soon smiled and opened his eyes - he was not a fan of this kind of places, but he would never say no to a hot guy.

He pushed the toilet door open, and pulled him inside before he began to gasp. That was better - as better as it could get inside a public toilet.

But his excitement didn't last for long, as someone started to hit the door extremely loudly. Couldn't they wait for five more minutes?

Three more loud bangs, and a voice Nam Soon was sure belonged to the security guy.

Apparently not.

 


 

This was not the first time he was invited to leave a club, and probably wouldn't be the last, but definitely this was the first where it happened when he was still sober.

"We can go to my place," it was early, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

"Sorry I think it was my fault."

Nam Soon laughed. "It was for a good reason. Let's buy some soju," he was probably feeling too sober for a Saturday night.

He knew he probably would be feeling ty tomorrow - after all the drinking with Heung Soo the night before, he probably should give his liver a night to rest, but well... The night couldn't wait.

 


 

Nam Soon could hear the voices coming from inside the apartment before he even opened the door-which he did not even have to do, because Eun came rushing out of it, not before staring right at him with a disapproving look. He hadn't even done anything.

He didn't bother looking back at the guy who came with him - this time he was sure he hadn't forgotten his name. He hadn't even asked him.

Heung Soo had his back to the door, and looked at Nam Soon as soon as he heard his voice. It looked like he was about to say something, but stopped halfway when he noticed that Nam Soon was not alone.

"Well..." Nam Soon sighed, turning to face the guy he didn't know the name, "give me your phone."

"What?" He wasn't really paying much attention - in fact, he couldn't stop staring at Heung Soo.

Nam Soon rolled his eyes, "lend me your cellphone," he reached out, and it took him almost a minute for him to finally lend it, in which Nam Soon wrote down his name and number.

"This will have to wait," apparently that took his attention out of Heung Soo. "Sorry," though his tone wasn't even near polite - he seemed kinda bothered, and didn't feel like finishing his soju anymore.

But the guy was no longer paying much attention, and was back to stare at Heung Soo, "Is he ...? "

Nam Soon rolled his eyes again. Definitely, the possibility of breaking his one night stand rule with this guy wasn't happening anymore.

"Yes, now please go," Nam Soon was already by the door, waiting for him to leave. He didn't seem very amused, but Nam Soon didn't care - he knew he would call him again anyway.

"I'm Yoon Kyung Sang, by the way, " he said before leaving, but Nam Soon was not really listening.

"Ok." Nam Soon would forget the name in a second, "see you then," he had already forgotten, actually.

 


 

"You didn't need to send him off," Heung Soo said as soon as he heard the door closing. Nam Soon didn't bother responding to that:

"What happened?"

"Exactly what you're thinking," Nam Soon didn't seem convinced by this answer, and Heung Soo turned around, sitting down on the couch. "The same as before: she wants me to talk to the media, but that's not happening."

Nam Soon thought about convincing him otherwise, but he knew it was not going to change his mind. But even he didn't think Heung Soo was totally wrong on that.

"Did you eat? I'm making some ramen," Nam Soon headed to the kitchen counter. It had been a while, and it was the only thing he could cook.

"That's really junky food Nam Soon."

"Yah, I'm trying to do you a favour and you complain?" he dropped the pot over the stove more bruscally than he had planned, making Heung Soo look at him.

"Honestly I'm still surprised you sent the guy away," he stood up again, approaching Nam Soon as he put some water to boil. "Why did you do it?"

"It's just a hook-up. What's there to be so surprised about?"

"It was just an argument..."

Nam Soon closed the pot and stared back at Heung Soo with a clear annoyed expression.

"Really, what do you take me for?"

Heung Soo shrugged, but didn't respond.

"As surprisingly as it sounds, I care more about you than just another hook up. Besides, I can meet him tomorrow. And if not him, I can find another one."

"I'll take that as a compliment," Heung Soo smiled. Just a discrete one, and Nam Soon smiled back - with definitely not a discreet one.

 


 
So, hope you like the second chapter... not much happened but I guess It's important in some way. Maybe you get it, maybe not :) Thanks for everyone that already subscribed! Hopefully you're enjoying the story!