Confrontation

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stepped into my first period class with an air of determination.

 

Today, I would confront Kim Jisoo.

 

This wasn’t very characteristic of me, to be perfectly honest. I didn’t normally speak my mind, even in circumstances where I should’ve, so this was a bit new to me. Under normal circumstances, I probably would have shrugged it off, and bought a new necklace.

 

However, this situation was different. It had been two days, Lisa couldn’t seem to find the necklace at her place even after searching everywhere, and at this point, I was about to go insane. So I had decided to confront Kim Jisoo.

 

Was I nervous? Absolutely.

 

Was I scared? Frankly, I would rather have been forced to drive a tractor into a wall at 90 miles per hour than do what I was planning to do today.

 

But it was necessary.

 

The next time I would see Kim Jisoo was fourth period. Calculus.

 

Operation Confrontation was officially on.

 

 

Sitting through the first three periods was probably the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to do.

 

The time somehow seemed to tick at the rate of a crawling turtle, yet simultaneously go at the speed of a race car.

 

I was nervous, to say the least. My stomach did backflips the entire time I sat at my desk, and I was unable to properly pay attention to the teacher’s lecture, due to a daunting feeling of wanting to vomit.

 

Yet, I was eager. Today, I would be standing up for myself for the first time in years. I wasn’t going to take Jisoo’s today. I wasn’t going to take anyone’s today. Today was my day.

 

The bell rang, signalling that it was time to switch periods. I hurriedly closed my notebook (not that I was really taking notes in the first place), and stuffed it in my grey backpack, slinging it over my shoulder as I rushed through the classroom door.

 

I reached my fourth period classroom in record time, and dumped my backpack on top of my desk, slumping into the chair. I eyed the desk two seats in front of mine, one seat to the left. 

 

I took a deep breath.

 

I was going to do this. Yes, I was. I couldn’t back out now. If I did, that would have been a complete waste of my time worrying about this exact moment for the last three hours. No, I was going to do this, and it didn’t matter if I ended up wetting my pants in the process.

 

She arrived about two minutes after I had. I peered at her from behind my backpack apprehensively, as she strode to her desk (because Kim Jisoo doesn’t walk like normal people do), wearing a simple black sweatshirt and light blue jeans.

 

I glanced at her neck. She had a black choker on, but no sign of my necklace.

 

I bit my lip. If I accused her of taking my necklace, and she hadn’t taken it, I would be screwed. Dead, in fact.

 

Death from embarrassment.

 

Huh. I wasn’t a huge fan of the idea.

 

I groaned internally. I was second thinking myself, and I knew that meant that the confident Jennie who had walked through those school doors was long gone, replaced by old, needs-to-grow-a-pair-of-balls Jennie.

 

I ended up never asking her about the necklace the entire period.

 

 

I had one more chance.

 

Just one.

 

Sixth period PE.

 

If I couldn’t confront her when she was sweaty and wearing the ugliest PE uniform in the entire world, then I could forget about confronting her at any other time.

 

The entire class stood on the football field, waiting for Mr. Potbelly’s instructions.

 

“I want 12 laps by the end of the period,” he said gruffly. “Go. No excuses.”

 

With a collective groan, we trudged toward the track. I ran to catch up with Lisa and Rose, who were discussing the pros and cons of having a kangaroo as a pet.

 

In between the bickering, I glanced over to Jisoo, who was laughing at a joke her friend had made. Kim Taeyeon, I think it was? Frankly, I wasn’t very good with names.

 

We started jogging when we reached the dreaded red rubber of the track, where I knew that in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter