Heart Attack

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had already mentioned previously that my grandmother had passed away three years ago at the age of 93, leaving me with the necklace and a bank vault that I was only permitted to open the day I turned 18.

 

Of course, I was devastated after her death—while my parents never mistreated me, they were much too busy to pay too much attention to me either. My grandmother became the maternal figure in my life, always having time for when my parents would drop me off at her house for me to stay with her during their week long business trips.

 

On December 25, she was reported to have passed of a heart attack in her sleep—and no one questioned it at all.

 

You may now be able to see why I was a bit shaken by Jisoo’s words.

 

As the sound of her footsteps faded away, I sank down into a sitting position, leaning the back of my head against the locker. My mind was whirling from the shock of the encounter, and I struggled to breathe properly.

 

It couldn’t be a coincidence—I was sure of it.

 

But there were too many things I didn’t understand. How did Jisoo know about my grandmother? How was she connected to my grandmother’s death, if the two were connected at all?

 

And what was the baffling it she kept going on about?

 

There was too much to think about all at once, so I decided to get home first. I’d figure everything out then. Hopefully.

 

I slowly stood up, once again slinging my backpack over my shoulder, and made my way to the exit door, paying careful attention to my surroundings. Popping my head slightly out the door, I looked left and right, looking to see if Jisoo was still here. Cautiously, I began to walk quietly but quickly outside, paranoid that she would jump out of the bushes or something. One could never really be too careful, especially in the strange circumstances I found myself in.

 

Driving on the way home, I couldn’t stop thinking about my grandmother.

 

Jisoo was too smart with her words for that comment to be a coincidence. She knew something about my grandmother’s death.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter