Hangover

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up in a daze.

 

My mind was foggy as I attempted to pull myself together. I squinted and rubbed my eyes as I slowly rose to a sitting position, my elbows set behind me to support my weight. I blinked a few times to clear my vision and get my surroundings in check.

 

It was dark, but not pitch black.  A soft ray of light peeked through the navy blue curtains hanging in front of the window.

 

Daybreak.

 

I ran my hands through the bedsheets underneath me. Silk.

 

I turned to my left to find no body in sight, breathing a soft sigh of relief. Looking down at myself, I found my clothes to be the same as the ones I wore last night.

 

I scanned the room briefly. Simple. It was decorated, but there were no pictures of anyone, no slight mess, no laundry basket with dirty clothing. No sign of anyone living here.

 

I was in a guest room. Probably Lisa’s house, considering the silk sheets and the satin curtains.

 

I shifted my weight onto the palms of my hands, and slowly swung my legs over the side of the bed. Exhaling softly, I stood on my bare feet, the cold wooden planks of the floor sending shivers down my spine.

 

I quietly walked towards the door, on the balls of my feet, careful not to make a sound. Twisting the knob, I cracked the door open to find a hallway, leading towards a closed door. Light seeped from the crack underneath the door, and I heard loud muffled voices from the room on the other side. I silently crept down the hall and leaned my ear on the door slightly.

 

“That’s my sandwich, I literally made it myself, can’t you ma—?” Lisa’s voice rang loud and clear, from what I assumed was the kitchen.

 

“Can’t you share? Sharing is caring, isn’t it?” A second voice whined—Rose was still here.

 

“Guess I don’t care, do I?” came the sarcastic response.

 

I opened the door, slightly wincing from the sudden brightness of the artificial light.

 

Lisa and Rose looked up simultaneously, with Lisa holding a plate with a sandwich on top and Rose suspiciously looking as if she was going to steal it.

 

Lisa grinned. “Morning, sleepyhead.”

 

“Why are you guys awake?” I yawned. “It’s like, 6 or something. Oh, and do you have my phone?”

 

“Yeah,” Rose nodded with a muffled voice full of sandwich.

 

Lisa gasped. “My sandwich!”

 

“Here,” Rose said, ignoring Lisa. She wiped her hands on a towel, and slipped my phone out of the back pocket of her jeans. “It fell out of your pocket when we carried you to the guest room. No cracks though, don’t worry.”

 

I winced as I walked across the room towards the two. “Carried me, huh?”

 

She chuckled humorously. “Yeah. You were out. Do you remember anything?”

 

I frowned in concentration. “No, not really. Oh, wait. One thing. I talked to Kim Jisoo.”

 

Lisa looked up interestedly. “Really? But you’ve never talked to her before. And don’t you have that weird, unreasonable grudge against her?”

 

“Excuse me,” I protested. “It’s a perfectly reasonable thing to be careful of strangers. Plus, it’s just not possible for someone to be liked by everyone. I’m just being cautious.”

 

“Mm,” Rose hummed, apparently unconvinced.

 

I sighed. “Anyways, it was...weird. Well, no. Not really. Only at the end. But honestly, the fact that she even talked to me in the first place was weird. Literally who does that? Just randomly sitting down with a stranger and saying hi.”

 

“You guys technically aren’t strangers,” Rose pointed out. “You’ve had classes with each other for how many years? Three and a half years? I’m surprised you haven’t even talked to her once up until now, to be honest.”

 

“Plus, she’s social,” Lisa interjected. “She’s outgoing—I mean, of course she is, being the most popular girl in school. It’s not weird for her to greet someone and make friends—it’s honestly just a you problem.”

 

“Thanks,” I said dryly. “Anyways, I swear, it got weird at the end. Like...I don’t know. I can’t explain it.”

 

Lisa raised an eyebrow. “You sure it wasn’t just your stubborn and illogi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter