Pride

Shining Star

"Why does that girl hate me? I don't do anything bad to her," sigh Taekwoon as he sit beside Jaehwan in their own meeting room. An old classroom that they use as their base.

"You mean Hakyeon? Yeah, I feel it weird too," Wonshik admit that he feel quite curious on that girl's behaviour to his friend.  "Its look like she really can't see my face. When we met, we always bickering and fighting. I really hate her," Taekwoon huff in annoyance. Crossing his arms with cute pout on his face.

"Hey, do you want to revenge on her?" Ask Hongbin that earn attention from all of his friends. "How?" Ask Jaehwan curiously. While Taekwoon just keep silent, waiting for his friend talking. "Seduce her," told Hongbin that make Taekwoon frown. "Why should I do that?" Taekwoon really can't understand why he need to do something stupid like that. She hate him and he hate her too. So, why?

"I understand what do you mean," said Sanghyuk after he thinking on his friend's suggestion. "He mean, he want you to seduce Hakyeon and when she already like you, just dump her in front other students. It will humiliate her badly," explain Sanghyuk. Taekwoon look at his friends' face to read if they are serious or not.

"How about if we bet? If you can be her boyfriend and dump her in thirty days, we will pay you," suggest Wonshik that earn support from his friend.  "No, I will not do that," Taekwoon fastly shake his head. Does not agree on that stupid bet.

"Why? Are you scare?" Mock Jaehwan. "No, I'm not," Taekwoon shake his head again.

"Coward. Just admit you afraid, Taekwoon. Never know the cold prince does not has confidence to melt the almighty Hakyeon," tease Hongbin.

"It does not has any relationship with my confidence," argue Taekwoon. "If that so, why? Why you don't want to accept the bet? Just seduce Hakyeon, be her boyfriend and dump her. Easy. It just for thirty days," said Sanghyuk like it something easy and normal to be done. "You said you want to pay her back. Now is the time," Wonshik pat Taekwoon's shoulder to give him some courage.

"I don't want to pay her with that kind of dirty way. Why should I accept your betting? Just to humiliating her? Just to revenge I need to break her heart. Like that? I'm sorry, but I'm not that kind of cruel person. You can say that I'm a coward for not accepting the bet. But, I think I am more coward if I accept it. Just to be a cool person in front of my friends, I willing to do something stupid like that. Just want to revenge, I'm willing to break a girl's heart. Just let her do what she want. She never do something that humiliate me. We just fighting and bickering. Its something common I think. We should not think it seriously like that. So, for your betting, no. I will never do that," Taekwoon stand up and leave the room. Leaving his speechless friends.

"He is such a sweet person," mumble someone before she leave that place too.

 

Taekwoon are walking back home with his friends when suddenly a girl stop him. "Can we talk?" Ask Hakyeon. "No," Taekwoon step aside and continue walking. But she still does not give up.

"Why not? I just want to talk," Hakyeon walk beside the boy as she keep looking at him. "Because I know we will not talking and will just bickering. So, no. I don't want to add another misery in my life," reply Taekwoon without looking at her.

"No, we will not bickering. We will just talking. Really having good talking. I want to clear up everything. So, please," Hakyeon give him her puppy eyes and blinking her eyes cutely. Taekwoon can feel warmness start creeping on his face. He bet his face is red right now. Not his fault when the girl look so cute and also beautiful. He never see her this close. But he know the girl is a gorgeous girl and he agree on that. If only she does not act like an .

"Emm okay?" Reply Taekwoon hesitately. Hakyeon smile widely before she hold Taekwoon's hand and pull him away from his friends.

"Emm what just happen?" Ask Wonshik confusely. Hakyeon who hate his friend just talking to his friend nicely. Without bickering or mocking. She just talk politely and it really weird for them. "I think she just kidnap Taekwoon in front of our eyes," Hongbin keep watching the girl and his friend who already far from them.

"Omo, what if she really want to kidnap Taekwoon and lock him at a place far from people. Like like in a cabin in the middle of jungle. Then then she will torture him before she kill him," said Jaehwan with terrified face.

"She will not do that," reply someone that make all of them jump and gasp in shock. All of them turn around and found a boy standing near them.

"You are....," Hongbin try to remember who is this boy. "Sehun. You are Hakyeon's friend. Am I right?" Sanghyuk remember him. "Yeah, I am. So, no need to worry anything because Hakyeon just want to talk. Nothing more," said him before he walk away.

"He is handsome," said Jaehwan suddenly that earn weird look from his friends. "What? I'm just stating the fact," continue Jaehwan with innocent face.

 

"How?" Ask Sehun when his friend come back from meeting Taekwoon. They are neighbours but not everyone in school know about it. They only know that they are friends.

"Great. We clear up the misunderstanding between us," reply Hakyeon cheerly. "Thats good. Thats why I want you to confront him. Make sure what your classmate said is true," tease Sehun.

"Its not my fault. I saw him pushing her and leave her without helping," reply Hakyeon to defend herself. "When she told me that Taekwoon dump her after she give him everything, I trust her because of that. Because I thought he is a cruel cold boy. But, I wrong. Definitely wrong. He told me that she actually confess to him at that time and he reject her. But, she does give up and keep clinging on him. That why he push her. Its not he intend to do that," continue her. Sehun just hum in understanding. He can relate on that. Sometimes the girls do not know how to give up. They do not want to understand what he mean by no. He already told them that he has a girlfriend. But they do not trust him. And the truth is, he really has a girlfriend and she is at China right now.

 

"Oh my god. Are you okay? She does not hurt you right?" Ask Jaehwan worriedly when he saw his friend walking to them in one piece. Nothing missing. "Of course I'm okay. And why she want to hurt me?" Taekwoon rolls his eyes. "What happen yesterday?" Ask Hongbin curiously. All of his friends join him looking at Taekwoon curiously.

"Good morning, Taekwoonnie," greet Hakyeon with smile when she walk beside them. "Good morning," greet Taekwoon back.

"Okay, thats weird. Why she suddenly act nice to you? Is she sick?" Taekwoon's friends can't hold their patient anymore as they really want to know what actually happen. "Well, lets just say we already clear up the misunderstanding between us and now we are friends," reply Taekwoon before he leave his friends who clearly do not feel satisfy with the answer.

 

After that, Taekwoon and Hakyeon always change greeting and sometimes met at random place accidently. Like at the cafe, library and also at the mall. Sometime on the street. They just keep bumping and seeing each other that lead to unplanned date. Its continue until both of them keep meeting at the same cafe for coffee and bubble tea date. Still called unplanned date by both of them. Foreign feeling start to appear in their heart. But they both just keep quiet on it. Do not know if the other one also feel the same as theirs.

Until, the girl cannot wait anymore and confess to the boy bravely.

 

"Taekwoon, I really like you. Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Confess Hakyeon when they accidently met at the usual cafe that they always met.

Their meeting today just same as before, does not planned. Hakyeon thought she want to have some rest and also want to clear up her mind. While thinking about her feeling, if she really like Taekwoon or not.

When she enter the cafe and order her drink, she look around to find any empty seat. That when she saw a familiar boy sitting at a table beside the window.

"Can I sit here?" Ask Hakyeon. Taekwoon look at her in shock before he smile at her. Does not know why but he feel happy to see her there. Like she is the angel who make his life better.

While Hakyeon already starstruck by that beautiful smile. That smile is so pure and sincere. Hakyeon sit in front the boy before she hold Taekwoon's hand. That make the boy become shock.

"Taekwoon, I really like you. Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Confess Hakyeon firmly and confidently. She does not know where its come from. But what she know, she can't let him away without a fight. If he does not like her, she will do her best to make he like her back.

Taekwoon look at her in shock. Why she suddenly confess to him? He want to reply but his voice got stuck in his throat. Hakyeon pout sadly and pull back her hand when the boy does not reply her. She thought the boy does not has same feeling as her. 

Taekwoon realise her action and fastly grab her hand. Holding it tightly. Hakyeon look at the boy with confusely. Why he hold her hand back? She thought he does not like her.

"I like you too, Hakyeon. No. I love you. I love you, Hakyeon. And yes. I want to be your boyfriend," reply Taekwoon as he stare straight into her eyes. His answer make Hakyeon smile widely with her eyes fill with happy tears. Taekwoon hold up his hand and cup the girl's cheek softly. "Will you be my girlfriend, Hakyeon? Will you stay with me until the end? I never feel this kind of special feeling to anyone. Only you. Sometime I ask myself, why? Why I feel like that to someone who like to bicker and fight with me? Why I feel like that to my enemy? Then I realise because its you. Whatever you did, whatever you said, I still can't hate you. To be truth, I feel sad when I thought that you hate me. Because I want to be with you. I want to hold your hand. I want to hug you. I want to kiss your cheeks. I want to kiss your lips," confess Taekwoon that make Hakyeon's face become bright red. But still wide smile on her face. Happy tears start to flow down her cheeks. 

Hakyeon nod her head eagerly. Taekwoon smile happily with his thumbs caress Hakyeon's cheek to wipe the tears. Hakyeon hold Taekwoon's hand on her cheek, "yes. I would like to. I want to stay with you forever. I'm sorry for my bluntless actions before. I admit I'm so stupid for trusting what I see blindly like that. I'm definitely wrong. You are the most sweet and nice person that I ever meet. I want you to stay with me forever too. Lets stay together forever. Lets be each other strengthness. Let be each other happiness."

Taekwoon nod his head. They stare at each other with eyes full of love before slowly they lean forward. Capturing each other lips. Just a slow innocent kiss. They stare at each other with wide happy smile on their face. They do not realise the spectators around them watching them with their hands on their mouth to stop squelling on the new couple cuteness. 

The new couple look around when they can feel the stares. That when they realise almost all people in the cafe are looking at them, including the barista. "Congratulation," all of them wish the new couple happily. "You two are so cute. Let me treat you two as my presents," Minseok give them two bubble tea with wide smile before he leave them alone.

They two look each other with red face before they chuckle and laugh together. Its such a good day for them. And they gladly share it with the others.

 

"Taekwoon, is it true you and Hakyeon are together right now?" Ask Wonshik curiously. They are at their base with Taekwoon become the center of attention by the others. Taekwoon look at his friends lazily before he nod his head. "Yes, I am," reply Taekwoon honestly.

"I thought you do not want to revenge her," Hongbin cross his arms with judgeful look. "I don't want to," reply Taekwoon before he look at his phone back. Replying his girlfriend's message. 

"So, why?" Ask Wonshik. Taekwoon put his phone down and look at his friends again. "Why? Because I like her. And she like me too," reply Taekwoon.

"Are you sure? What if she just want to play with you? Maybe she want to break your heart. After you fall for her, she will break up with you and humiliate you in front other students," said Sanghyuk worriedly. He does not want anything bad happen to his friend.

"She will not do that. I know her. I trust her. Please stop talking bad about my girlfriend. Please. I love her. So, I hope all of you will accept her. Please," Taekwoon look at his friends calmly. His friends look at each other, having telepathy discussion in their mind. They then gather around in circle and start to discuss. Taekwoon just shrug his shoulders and focus on his phone back.

"Okay. We already decide," said Jaehwan after their short discussion. Taekwoon look at them in curiously.

 

"Hakyeon, is it true you and Taekwoon are in relationship right now?" Ask Minhyuk. He can't believe the girl who actually hate the other boy can fall for him. "Yeah. Tell us the truth. You're not falling for him right? He is your enemy. How can you like him," ask Sally who also feel curious. Hakyeon blink her eyes. Can't understand why they ask her that kind of question. "Or are you just want to trick him? Make he fall for you and then dump him. Am I right?" Guest Solji.

"Yes," reply Hakyeon that make her classmates give different kind of reaction. There people feel happy. While the others feel shock and dissappointed. "Yes for the first question from Minhyuk. I am in relationship with Taekwoon," continue Hakyeon that make the smile fastly drop while the sad one become bright.

"For the next question also yes. I already fall for him. Very hardly. Yes, he is my enemy before. But now he is my lover and my everything," Hakyeon look at Sally. The girl look down to hide her disappointed face. She like Taekwoon. But why Hakyeon is the one who get him. When they always fight and bickering.

"For your question, Solji. No. I'm not tricking him and I will not dump him. Why would I do that? When I love him so much," she look at the said girl.

"But how can you change your heart easily like that? You said you hate him before. And now you love him? Are you kidding me? Don't you have any pride on you? Admiting you already fall for your enemy easily like that? Don't you feel ashamed?" Said Minhyuk in disappointed.

"Yes, my heart already change. I hate him before because I thought he is an arrogant cold stupid person. But, when I know him, he is the most sweet and nice person. And what do you mean by my pride? What does it relate to this? And why should I feel ashamed with my own feeling? Admiting my true feeling is not an embarrassing thing. Its not an ashamed thing. I like it. And I still have my pride. When I confess to Taekwoon, it become part of my pride. I never lose my it against Taekwoon. Because he never care about it," reply Hakyeon calmly.

Other students feel proud on that girl who look like already matured.

"Hakyeonnie, lets go back home," call someone from the class door that earn everyone's attention. Hakyeon fastly stand up with her bag and run toward her boyfriend. Taekwoon hold Hakyeon's hand tightly before they walk away together.

Hakyeon feel happy to have Taekwoon beside him. Even when they always fight before, it does not mean she cannot fall in love with him.

"I love you, Hakyeon. So much. Thank you for confessing to me without thinking about other things," said Taekwoon.

"Why should I think about other thing? I should just think about you and me. About us," reply Hakyeon. Taekwoon smile widely before he kiss Hakyeon's hand.

He hear everything. He already arrive at the classroom when he hear the questions gave by Hakyeon's classmate and he feel happy when he hear Hakyeon's answer. He feel proud to his girlfriend.

 

 

**Side

"She so cool," Jaehwan look at the girl with sparkling eyes. "Yeah, she is," support Sanghyuk. 

"I think my impression on her has change. I agree if they both are together," Wonshik look at the happy couple with happy smile on his face. Like a proud parent watching his children fall in love with right person. 

"They both have grown up so fast. I still can't believe my Taekwoonie has fall in love," wail Jaehwan dramatically that earn weird look from his friends. 

"So, where we want to go?" Ask Hongbin after the couple disappear from their sight. The friends look at each other before they shrug their shoulders.

"I think I want to follow them. Who with me?" Suggest Jaehwan with his hand up highly. The others groan before they leave the ridiculous boy to go back to their house. "What? No one?" Jaehwan look down sadly.

"I'm in," said someone that make his face lighten up and look at the person. "Yeay, I got company. Let's go," Jaehwan lead them to the same direction of the couple.

While Sehun just follow him silently. Its not he want to become a nuisance person. But, he can't help to feel curious and worried. Hakyeon is his bestfriend and he want to make sure Taekwoon is fine. His bestfriend is weird and quite fierce. He hope Hakyeon will not attack the pity boy. And also, his girlfriend want him to take picture of those two. For his love, he will do that.