Remember

Shining Star

Taekwoon walk back to his house alone. He look around in caution as he hold his bag tightly. He correcting his big glasses that keep slipping on his bridge of nose. Its his own fault that he forget about times when he at the library. 

As he walking, he suddenly remember about the homework. He fastly open his bag to check if the book is in his bag or not without stoping his steps. If the bag is not there, it might be left in the library and he need to go back to the library to take that book. He keep walking as he rummaging his bag without paying attention to his walk. That make he bump to another boy. He stumble back and almost fall down.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," apologise him many times. "Sorry? Don't you have eyes!" Yell the other boy. Taekwoon can see that boy is not alone. He with his three other friends. He gulp as he can expect what will happen to him next.

"I'm really sorry," Taekwoon bow to that boy before he try to leave. But fastly the boys stop him. "You think you can get away easily after you hit me. You don't know who I am kid," said the boy. Two of his friends hold Taekwoon's arm tightly when he try to run to opposite direction. The boy punch Taekwoon's face that make his glasses fall down before he punch his stomach. Taekwoon groan in pain as he just let that boy hit him. Does not want to fight back.

"Yah!" Shout someone not far from them. Taekwoon can hear that person running step to them. Suddenly he can feel the grips on his arms are gone. His eyes become wider when he realise who the one that help him. Its a girl. She punch the boy who bump to him and kick him until he fall on the ground. "Lets go," the girl hold Taekwoon's hand and pull him away. Running from the boys. They can hear the shout and footsteps following them. Its look like they still do not give up.

When they arrive at a dark silent small alley, the girl drag that boy toward it to hide. Hiding themselves behind the old furnitures there. Their body are close to each other that give Taekwoon chance to inhale the girl's sweet scent. Vanilla.

Both of them freeze when they hear some noise near the place. Praying in their heart the boys will not find them. They can hear the boys leaving as they cursing on them. They release relief sigh before they walk out from the hiding place slowly. The girl look around to make sure the boys already leave. "Its safe now," said the girl. Taekwoon nod his head as he try hard to calm his pounding heart.

"Thank you for helping me," Taekwoon bow to the girl slightly. "No need to mention it," reply the girl with smile.

"By the way, I'm Cha Hakyeon," the girl hold out her hand. "Jung... Jung Taekwoon," reply the boy as he accept the girl's hand.

"Emm let me send you home," said Hakyeon. Taekwoon fastly shake his head. "No, its okay. It should be me who send you home," he feel embarrassing if he let her do that. Its his job as a man to do that.

"You can do that later when we meet again. Or you don't want to meet me after this?" Ask Hakyeon with teasing smile. Taekwoon's face become red as he look down to hide his face. "Are you okay?" Ask Hakyeon when the boy does not reply her. She worried if he still feel hurt.

"I'm... I'm fine. Don't worry. Emm lets go. Its getting dark and it will dangerous for us," said Taekwoon without looking at the girl. "Okay. Lets go," reply Hakyeon. "Oh before that, here," Hakyeon take out a handkerchief from her pocket and give it to Taekwoon. That boy look at the handkerchief in confuse. Why she give him that?

"To wipe your blood. Your lips are bleeding," told Hakyeon. Like she can read Taekwoon's mind. "Oh. Thanks," Taekwoon take the handkerchief and wipe the blood. He hiss when the handkerchief touch his cut lips.

"I'll give it to you back after I wash it," said Taekwoon. "Okay. So, its mean we will meet again later right?" Reply Hakyeon. Taekwoon nod his head shyly before both of them start walking back to their house.

 

"This is my house. Emm thank you for sending me home. Next time, I will be the one who will send you home," said Taekwoon when they arrive at his house. "I will wait for that," reply Hakyeon.

"But, are you sure you can go back home alone? Its dangerous," said Taekwoon worriedly. Hakyeon smile when she hear how worried the boy is from his voice. "Yes, I am. By the way, my house is not that far. Its just few block from here. So, its okay," reply Hakyeon as she point at the direction of her house.

"Okay, if you say so. But, can you give me your phone number?" Ask Taekwoon that make the girl give meaningful smile at him. "Em its not... I don't mean anything bad. Its just... I want to make sure you arrive at your house safely. Just that," Taekwoon rub his neck awkwardly. He does not want the girl to think him as a playboy. He also does not want to make she feel uncomfortable with him.

"Of course I will give you my phone number," reply Hakyeon with wide happy smile. Taekwoon fastly take out his phone from his pocket and give it to her. Hakyeon type her number and call it. Hakyeon then take out her phone in satisfy when she got Taekwoon's number too. "Here," Hakyeon give him back his phone. "Thanks," Taekwoon keep the phone number as 'Beautiful Angel'. While Hakyeon put him as 'Cutie Woonie'.

"Emm message me when you already arrive at your house," said Taekwoon when the girl excuse herself. "I will. Bye Taekwoon. I'm really glad to meet you," Hakyeon wave her hands before she leave. Taekwoon enter the house happily as he hold the phone closely at his chest.

"I'm home," shout him when he enter his house. He skip toward his room happily without care on the weird look given by his parents and sisters at the living room.

He put his bag on his bed before he start stripping to take a bath. After he finish showering, a notification enter his phone. He smile widely when he know it a message from Hakyeon. Telling him that she already arrive safely at her house. He fastly reply her message, told her that he feel glad to know that. He roll on his bed as he hold the handkerchief tightly. Inhalling the scent with stupid smile on his face. He act like a ert and he really does not care about it.

Then he hear another notification. He fastly take his phone and read the message. That night, both of them talk through the messages for almost an hour. He just stop when his mother call him for dinner. With heavy heart he say goodbye to her.

 

"Taekwoon, what wrong with your face? What happen?" Ask Sanghyuk worriedly when he saw his friend's bruise face. "Nothing," reply Taekwoon short.

"What do you mean by nothing? This will not be there if nothing happen," said Jaehwan, clearly does not trust his friend. Taekwoon push up his big glasses that keep slipping on his nose before he sigh heavily. He then start telling them what actually happen to him yesterday. Include the angel who help him. But, he does not tell them that he already fall for her. He know they will and pesturing him to introduce her to them. No, he does not want her to fall for his friend's charms. They are handsome. It possible for the girl to fall for one of them.

"Taekwoon," call a girl that make Sanghyuk and Jaehwan can't ask Taekwoon for more information on the girl. They look at the girl who walking toward them arrogantly.

"Yes, Jessica?" Ask Taekwoon even when he know what actually she want. "Here. Make sure you do my homeworks and the assignments. I want it fast," order Jessica as she give few books to Taekwoon. Its usual. The girl will ask Taekwoon to do her homework and assignment. If he does not want to do that, she will ask her boys to beat him. Taekwoon who does not want any trouble just do whatever she want.

"Okay," reply Taekwoon short as he take the books. Before he can keep it in his bag, Sanghyuk grab the books and give it back to the girl.

"You should stop doing something like this. He's not your slave to do all your homework. Its yours not him. Its you who should do this," Sanghyuk glare at the girl. "Why you need to be angry with it? Taekwoon does not say anything. He the one who willing to do my homework. Right, Taekwoon?" Said Jessica in annoyance.

"Yeah, we believe you. That why I heard that your grade has been falling. Do you want to stay become an idiot girl?" mock Jaehwan. Taekwoon want to open his mouth, saying that its okay but he close it back when he get deadly glare from his friends.

"If I know you ask him to do your homework and assignments again, I will report it to the teacher and also your father," warn Sanghyuk before all of them leave that angry girl alone.

 

"Finally, it time to go back home. My bed is calling me," Hakyeon stretch her arms up as she walk out from her class. Wonshik shaek his head when he saw his friend's behaviour. "Yeah, you always sleep. Don't you think you already over sleeping. You just sleep in the class. And now you want to continue sleeping at home. You're so unbelievable," nag him.

"We talking about Cha Hakyeon. Its not that weird actually," reply Hongbin. "Can't you two just let me enjoying my life with sleeping? I don't disturb any of you right?" Said Hakyeon as she glare at her friends.

Wonshik and Hongbin are her bestfriends. They are the handsome hot prince in their school. The girls always feel jealous on Hakyeon because she close with them. But, they know the girl and the boys are just friends. Not more than that.

"Oh," Hakyeon stop her steps when she saw a boy standing in front the school gate from the window. Like waiting for someone. "You know him? Its look like he's not from this school," said Hongbin when he realise the girl is staring at the unknown boy.

"I know him. By the way, isn't he cute?" Hakyeon look at the boy with adore look. "Bye guys. I will go back by myself today," before her friends can react on her sudden shocking question, she run away from them.

 

"Taekwoon," call her as she approaching that boy. "Hakyeon. Hi," greet him with wide smile on his face. Feeling happy when the one that he wait finally appear.

"What are you doing here?" Ask Hakyeon. She feel happy to see him there actually. "Emm I want to give your handkerchief back. Don't worry. I already wash it," said Taekwoon as he give the handkerchief to Hakyeon.

"Thanks," Hakyeon take the handkerchief and put it in her pocket. "Emm are you busy?" Ask Taekwoon. He rub his neck nervously, afraid the girl has another plan to do right now.

"No, I'm not. Why?" Ask Hakyeon back. "I make you some food. Just a thanks gift for your help yesterday. So,..." reply Taekwoon as he show the lunch box in his hand.

"Of course I would like to have a date with you," reply Hakyeon happily. Taekwoon look at her in shock with his face already red. Date? Date? Date? Its keep playing in his mind.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable. So, its not a date. It just a... emm...," Hakyeon try to find another word match with their date. "No. Its a date," cut Taekwoon. That make Hakyeon smile widely. "If that so, lets go," Hakyeon hold Taekwoon's hand and pull the blushing boy away.

 

After that day, they keep having another date. But, Taekwoon still does not know what kind of relationship that they have actually. While his friends realise his changes when he keep smiling everyday like he's in love. Well, he is in love actually.

"Taekwoon, why you don't take off your glasses?" Ask Hakyeon suddenly. They are having another date today in the park. "Because I have bad sight," reply Taekwoon. Hakyeon roll her eyes on the answer. "Don't you ever heard about contact lens? And your hairs, its too long. It cover almost your face. You should cut it. It will be a waste to hide such beautiful face. Don't you think so?" Said Hakyeon. Taekwoon blink his eyes for few time as he process what just that girl told him. In that process, his face become redder.

"Lets go," Hakyeon stand up before she hold Taekwoon's hand and pull him away. "Where we want to go?" Ask Taekwoon curiously. Hakyeon just reply his question with a meaningful smile.

 

"Taekwoon? Jung Taekwoon? What happen to you?" Ask Jaehwan when he saw his friend who has fully change. No more big glasses. The hairs, its got cut. Showing Taekwoon's handsome face perfectly. "Am I dreaming? Jaehwan ah, slap me," said Sanghyuk still looking at Taekwoon. Jaehwan gladly do what Sanghyuk ask him to do. "Yah, its hurt!" Yell Sanghyuk when a hard slap on his cheek.

"Its mean you're not dreaming," said Jaehwan with innocent face. Taekwoon just shake his head on their childish bickering. "Lets just go. We will be late," Taekwoon put his arms around their shoulders and drag them toward the school.

As what Hakyeon expect, whole school feel shock with Taekwoon's transformation. In that day, he also got confess but of course he rejected all of it. He only has one person in his heart.

Those three walk out from the school building after the end bell ringing. They almost reach the gate when someone stop them. "Taekwoon, I never realise how hot you are," said Jessica with y smile. But for the boys its look so fake and make they want to throw out. "Well, thanks," reply Taekwoon. Suddenly that girl lean forward and kiss Taekwoon's cheek. "Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Ask her.

Before Taekwoon can reject her, he saw a girl standing near the gate. Looking at him sadly. He saw the girl turn around and run away. "No. Hakyeon!" Taekwoon run after that girl but she already disappear.

He went to the park, every place that they always go together. He also went to Hakyeon's school and meet Hakyeon's friends there, Wonshik and Hongbin. He told them what actually happen and they call for Hakyeon's house to know if Hakyeon already back or not. It turn the girl still does not go back home. Those two agree to help him to find Hakyeon. They know she is in worst condition when she sad. Taekwoon also ask his friends' help too. They who follow Taekwoon secretly agree to help him.

Taekwoon sit on a bench in defeat. Where is this girl? Where else he need to go to find her? "I saw a fight happen at an alley near the old factory. Its quite bad, I think," Taekwoon heard a boy talking to his friend not far from him.

"Alley?" Taekwoon then remember about his first meeting with Hakyeon. That alley. Yes, there where he and Hakyeon met for the first time. He fastly run toward the alley. He already call his friends tell them about it. But still in heart he pray that it just his assumption. Hakyeon is not there. She does not involve with that fight.

But, his heart break when he saw Hakyeon lying at the middle of the five boys with her head bleading. What worse when he saw one of the boy kneel down and want to open the girl's uniform button.

"Yah!" Shout Taekwoon angrily. It gain the attention from the boys. He run to them angrily. How dare they! How dare they hurt Hakyeon. How dare they touch Hakyeon. He kick and punch the boys. He feel so angry right now. Not long after that, his friends join them. Its five against five. The boys who already weak and injured because of Taekwoon and also Hakyeon easily got beat by them. Hakyeon almost win when one of the boys hit her head with a bat.

Taekwon fastly kneel beside Hakyeon and hold her tightly. "Hakyeon, wake up. Hakyeon," cried Taekwoon. But the girl does not wake up or even move.

 

"Hakyeon," Taekwoon look at the girl happily. Finally she wake up. After that incident, Hakyeon fall into coma for few days. And finally today she wake up. But, she only look at Taekwoon blankly before she ask, "who are you?"

It break Taekwoon's heart. But still he feel glad Hakyeon already wake up. What he need to do now is make Hakyeon remember about him back.

He bring the girl to the places that they used to go. But the girl still can't remember anything. It make Taekwoon feel sad. But, he still have a final trial. And he really hope it will success.

 

"Hakyeon, I love you so much. l'm willing to do anything for you," said Taekwoon as he hold Hakyeon's hand tightly. He now wear his big glasses and change his style like before. Like the first time they met.

Hakyeon can see the boy walk away. Taekwoon bump to a boy purposely. Before he can say anything, that boy start beating him. His friends also join him beating the pity boy.

Hakyeon want to help when she saw what happen. But her step stop when she feel pain in his head. One by one her memories come back. She groan with her eyes close tightly. She open her eyes back and look at the fight with teary eyes.

"Yah!" Hakyeon shout loudly and run to them fastly. While Taekwoon smile even when he got beat by those boys. Feel happy Hakyeon already remember everything.

But, of course he has backup plan. His friends are watching not far from that place. When they hear Hakyeon's shout, they know its time for them to interfere. And easily they win.

"Taekwoon, are you okay?" Ask Hakyeon as she hug that boy tightly. Taekwoon hug her back happily. Feel happy when the girl remember him back. Hakyeon push him softly and look at him with teary eyes. Suddenly she punch his stomach. Taekwoon groan before he ask, "what was that for?"

"That for making me worried," reply Hakyeon before she hug him back. "If I don't do that, you will not remember me back," said Taekwoon. He then push that girl and cup her face lovingly.

"Hakyeon, I love you. About that day, I have nothing with that girl. She suddenly kiss me and confess to me. But, before I can reject her I saw you run away. You make me scare, Hakyeon. I don't want to lose you. Please don't do that again. Please," pleade Taekwoon.

"I promise. And I'm sorry for my bluntness action," reply Hakyeon. She then lean forward and give a peck on Taekwoon's lips. "And I love you too. A lot," confess Hakyeon with wide smile. Taekwoon smile back with blushing face.

"Lets go. Let me send you home," said Hakyeon as she hold Taekwoon's hand tightly. "I would love too," reply Taekwoon. They walk side by side in hands back to their house.

 

** side

"I want a girlfriend too," said Jaehwan as he pouting. "You want me to help you?" Hongbin put his arm around Jaehwan's shoulder. "If you want, you can join me in a blind date group," continue Hongbin.

"Really? I would like to. When? Where?" Ask Jaehwan excitedly. They walk side by side away from that place. Still talking about the blind date.

"How about you? You don't want to join?" Ask Sanghyuk to Wonshik. The latter shake his head. "I already has a girlfriend," reply him as they both walk away too.