Accidental Proposal

Shining Star

Bonhwa open the office door for that beautiful woman. "Thank you Bonhwa ssi. I hope this project will bring both of our company to success," said Hakyeon as she look at that man with a smile.

"I hope so," reply Bonhwa with a smile. "Well, do you have any time today? Lets have a lunch together," said Bonhwa as he put his arm around Hakyeon's waist.

"Sorry but I can't. I have another appointment today. Maybe next time," reply Hakyeon calmly. "See you again, Bonhwa ssi," said Hakyeon before she leave the man. 

In her way out, she bump to a man in front an elavator. It make the file on that man's hand fall down. "I'm sorry, madam. I'm sorry," said that man as he fastly kneel down and pick up the files. Hakyeon just stand there silently as she watch that man. Then she saw a document lie near her legs. She take it and read it briefly. 

"Are you the one who prepare it?" Ask Hakyeon who still reading the poposal. "Emm yes I am," reply that man.

"Its good. I think its better if you present it at the next meeting," praise Hakyeon as she give it back to that man.

"Really? But, Bonhwa ssi always said that my proposal is like rubbish and cannot be use," reply him honestly. He fastly close his mouth using his hand. "I'm sorry. Please don't tell him. I don't want to get fired," said that man with pleading eyes.

"I will not," reply Hakyeon with soft smile. She then lean forward to read that man's name on the name card. "You are a great person, Taekwoon ssi. See you again later," said Hakyeon before she enter the elavator.

 

"Your proposal is so excellent, Bonhwa," praise Bonhwa's boss as he pat Bonhwa's shoulder. The people who present in the meeting room feel impressed with his proposal. "How is it? Its great right?" Ask Bonhwa as he put his arm around the woman's shoulder.

"This is harrasment," said Hakyeon as she point at that man's hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, its just my way to show my affection at you," Bonhwa pull away his hand with innocent face. Hakyeon just smirk as she roll her eyes.

"By the way, this proposal. Are you the one who made it?" Ask Hakyeon as she cross her arms.

"Yes, of course. You know how clever I am," reply Bonhwa with smug face. "Okay. Well, I need to go now. I have another important appointment to go," said Hakyeon before she leave that shameless man. 

 

Taekwoon drink up the drink before he slam the cup on the table hardly. The proposal was prepared by him. When he give it to him, he told him that his proposal is rubbish and useless. Today, that man present it and claim it as his. How shameless he is. When he ask Bonhwa about it, he told him to keep quiet if he want to keep working there. What should he do now? 

"Hyung, what are you doing? Stop drinking. You know you can't handle alcohol too much," said Wonshik as he look at his hyung worriedly. 

"I need this, Wonshik ah. I need it," reply taekwoon before he keep drinking. "What should I do, Wonshik? What can I do? I'm just an ordinary people. My parents are not wealthy person. I don't even know them or even met them. I'm just a poor pity person who want to be a successfull person. But, how can I become like that if that bastard keep push me down," nag Taekwoon without looking at his dongsaeng. He then take another shot and continue drinking without care about his dongsaeng's nagging.

Wonshik sigh as he walk out from the club's restroom. His steps stop when he saw no one at the table. There should be a messy looking man who keep drinking and already not in his right mind sitting at the table. "Taekwoon hyung? Taekwoon hyung?" Call him as he look around. He can see Taekwoon's bag still there. "Sir, you remember the man who come with me? Is he already leave?" Ask Wonshik to the bartender. "Yes. I saw him walk out from this club," told him that make Wonshik curse in his mind.

 

Taekwoon groan as he hold his head before he sit up without opening his eyes. He keep rubbing his head before he shout, "Wonshik ah, can you give me the medicine and water." 

"Thanks Wonshik ah," said Taekwoon as he take the glass and medicine. 

"You're welcome," reply the person who give him the water before leaving the room. Taekwoon lie on the bed back after eating the medicine. Then he open his eyes and sit up back.

That voice. Its not Wonshik's. Its belong to a woman. When he look around, he realise that he's not in his room. Not even in Wonshik's. He does not know where he is right now. He never been here. He stand up and look around. Then he found few picture frame on the nightstand. "This woman...," Taekwoon look at the person in the picture carefully.

He walk out from the room slowly as he look around the house. Then he can see a woman at the kitchen, cooking on something. "Oh you already fully awake? Sit first. It will be done. Just wait for a while," said that woman as she look at Taekwoon. That man nod his head before he sit at the dining table with his eyes still wonder around the house. 

"Tha... Thank you," said Taekwoon when the woman put the foods on the table and sit in front him. "You're welcome. Lets eat. You must be hungry right now. Its already noon," said the woman that make Taekwoon realise that he already late. Late for works. Oh my god. He will be fired. 

"I... I need to go now. I will be fired if I don't go to work," said Taekwoon as he stand up. But the woman fastly hold his arm and pull him down to sit on the chair back. 

"No need to worry. I already call your office and told them that you can't come today because you are sick," said the woman. "Now, eat," the woman put a bowl of rice in front that man. Taekwoon nod his head before he start eating the food as he feel so hungry. That woman smile as she watch that man eat. "You don't eat?" Ask Taekwoon as he look at the woman. "I am," reply the woman with a smile before she start eating too.

 

"Its okay. Just leave it there. No need to wash it," said Hakyeon as she look at the man. 

"Its nothing. You already cook for me," reply Taekwoon without looking at that woman. He learn that the woman's name is Cha Hakyeon. He also remember that he has met her before. Thats why he feel like he has seen her before.

After he finish washing the dirty dishes, both of them sit at the living room together. "Emm actually, what just happen? How I can be here?" Ask Taekwoon as he look at Hakyeon curiously.

"You don't remember anything?" Ask Hakyeon as she look at that man with wide eyes. Taekwoon rub his neck awkwardly before he shake his head. Hakyeon sit closer to him as she give seductive smile. Taekwoon blink his eyes for few times as he lean away from that woman. 

"You proposed me last night," told Hakyeon that make Taekwoon's eyes become wide. He proposed this woman? Proposed? He proposed this beautiful woman. And the worse is, he feel curious on her answer. She accept him or not. He really want to ask her, but no. He will not embarrassing himself.

"Don't you feel curious on my answer?" ask Hakyeon as she sit closer to that man. Taekwoon just blink his eyes again as he wait for that woman to continue talking. "My answer is...," before Hakyeon can tell him, the sound of door bell stop her. She fastly leave Taekwoon and walk toward the door. While Taekwoon already not in right mind. His eyes wonder around as he try hard to calm his heartbeat. Is he really proposed that woman last night? He keep asking himself that question.

"Why I can't come to your house? I'm your mother, right? I can come here anytime that I...," that woman stop talking when she saw Taekwoon at the living room. Hakyeon who following that woman give awkward smile to the confuse man. "Oh, I guess I'm disturbing you two. I'm so sorry," said that woman as she give apologise yet sneaky smile.

Taekwoon stand up before he reply "its okay" softly with slightly bow. "By the way, I'm Cha Heran, Hakyeon's mother," that woman introduce herself. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Mrs Cha, I'm Jung Taekwoon. Nice to meet you," Taekwoon introduce himself as he give ninety bow to her. "Just call me, mom. You're such a cutie. Such a nice choice, Hakyeon ah," Mrs Cha pinch both of Taekwoon's cheeks as she continue fangirling over Taekwoon. 

"Mom, stop it. You just make he feel uncomfortable," Hakyeon pull away her mother's hand from Taekwoon's abused cheeks.

"Why you never bring him home. If we know you already has your own choice, we will not force you to attend those blind dates," said Mrs Cha as she look at her daughter. "Well, its not I don't want to bring him home. It just we do not ready yet," reply Hakyeon as she walk toward Taekwoon and hold his arm tightly. 

"Eh?" Taekwoon look at the woman in shock. What does she mean? Do not ready? Is she admit on their relationship? "By the way, Taekwoonie just propose me last night and I thought I want to tell you tonight," continue Hakyeon that make Taekwoon's eyes become wider. 

"Wait," Taekwoon look at the woman in confuse. He deos not know how he should respond in this kind of situation. The problem is he can't remember anything happen last night. Is he really did something ridiculous like that?

"Oh my god. Thats such a great news. So, when is the wedding? Have you choose the date? The venue? Let me do the preparation. Just trust me," said Mrs Cha. "How about your parents, Taekwoon? Have you told them about it?" Ask Mrs Cha.

Taekwoon look down when he hear that woman's question. "His parent's already passed away and he does not has any other siblings," Hakyeon reply on behalf Taekwoon. That man look at the woman in shock. Feel curious on how she know about it. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Its okay, Taekwoon. From now on, I am your mother," said Mrs Cha as she hold Taekwoon's hand before she hug that man tightly. Taekwoon who feel shock with the sudden hug slowly responding on it. He hug that woman back as he smile softly. Don't know why, he feel comfortable with it.

While Hakyeon watch those two hugging silently as she smile. She admit she already fall for that man. This man is a very interesting cute man. She still can remember his condition when she met him last night. With messy hairs, red face. Look so cute and adorable. When he keep rumbling on something that can't be understand by her, she know she already fall in love with him.

 

"Hyung, where are you from? You don't know how worry I am when I can't find you anywhere," nag Wonshik when he saw his hyung enter the house that they share together. Taekwoon does not reply anything as he walk straight into his room and throw himself on the bed.

Still can't believe what just happen to him. In one night, he proposed to a stranger.  "Hyung, are you okay?" ask Wonshik as he look at his hyung worriedly. 

"Wonshik ah, what actually happen last night?" Ask Taekwoon without looking at that man and keep burrying his face on the pillow.

"I don't know. I left you for a while and when I come back, you already gone," told Wonshik. Taekwoon groan as he roll on the bed. Whinning on something that can't be understand by Wonshik.

"What should I do, Wonshik ah?" ask Taekwoon as he look at his dongsaeng. Wonshik just look at him as he can't understand on the question. "I think I did something ridiculous last night," told Taekwoon that make Wonshik sit beside him as he wait for that man to continue talking. 

"I... I proposed to someone," told Taekwoon that make Wonshik's eyes become wide before he start laughing. Can't believe his hyung will dare to do that. "And that woman accepted it," continue Taekwoon that make Wonshik stop laugh. Both of them look at each other without saying anything. 

 

Taekwoon stop typing before he lean on the chair. Thinking on what he should do. He want to ask Hakyeon to forget about the proposal, but he can't. After few meeting or dates, Taekwoon admit he feel quite interested to that woman. Maybe he already fall in love with her. Without he realise, he keep checking his phone. Waiting for her messages or call.

In that days, he also can remember what actually happen that night. Yes, he did propose to her. He close his eyes as the memory start to play in his mind.

 

Taekwoon walk to nowhere as he already not in his right mind. He keep singing as he walk before he sit on a bench. His head hang low as he feel so sleepy. Suddenly, a woman sit beside him that make he look at her. "You're so beautiful," said Taekwoon without thinking. That woman who talking to someone in her phone stop talking as she look at the drunk man. "Who are you talking with? Your boyfriend? Well, someone beautiful like you must already has someone special. Not like me. No one love me. No parents. No siblings. And no lover. Pity right. I'm such a pity lonely man in this earth," Taekwoon continue his ramble as he look at the woman who already put her phone in her bag and give her full attention to that man. 

"No, I'm not talking to my boyfriend. I don't have any," reply that woman as she smile at the man. Taekwoon blinks his eyes cutely before he start to smile. "Really? If that so, do you want to be my girlfriend? Emm no, no need to. Just be my wife. Marry me, beautiful," propose Taekwoon as he kneel in front that woman with difficulties. That woman chuckle as she look at Taekwoon's cute action. "I would like to be your wife," reply the woman as she smile. And after that, he completely black out.

 

"Taekwoon," call Chunhee, one of his colleages. Taekwoon open his eyes before he look at that woman. "Are you okay? You look tired," Ask that woman.

"I'm fine. Don't worry," reply Taekwoon as he sit on the chair correctly. Correcting his posture.

"Emm okay. By the way, do you have any plan tonight? All of us want to hang out tonight at usual place. So," Ask that woman. Taekwoon give apologise smile to her as he shake his head. "I'm sorry. I can't join tonight. I have a date tonight," reply Taekwoon. He has dinner at Hakyeon's parents house. He has met Mrs Cha before, but not Mr Cha. He feel quite nervous when he think about it.

"Oh, its okay," reply that woman before she leave that man alone in dissapointment.

 

"Your dad is so nice," said Taekwoon as he look at Hakyeon. After the dinner, Taekwoon and Mr Cha having quite good talk together. Its turn out that both of them like football. They continue talking about themselves and become closer after that. While Mrs Cha continue fangirling over Taekwoon. Hakyeon need to pull her away from her fiancee.

"Yes, he is," reply Hakyeon without looking at the man. In their way back,Taekwoon stop the car at a park. He said he want to take a walk for a while to clear his mind. Hakyeon just nod her head as she accompany that man. They keep walking as they enjoying the night breeze.

"Remember that bench," Taekwoon point at a bench at the middle of the park. Hakyeon smile when she saw it. "Thats where you proposed me," reply Hakyeon as she look at Taekwoon.

"You right. I'm still can't believe that I did that that night," confess Taekwoon. "So, are you regret on that?" Ask Hakyeon that make Taekwoon look at her. They stare at each other silently before Taekwoon hold Hakyeon's hand and pull her toward that bench. He push Hakyeon slowly to sit on the bench. He smile at Hakyeon before he kneel down in front that woman. "I will never regret on what happen that night. I'm such a lucky one. Able to propose a beautiful woman like you. Thanks to the alcohol I able to do that. But tonight, I want to do it again. I want to propose you when I'm in right mind. I want to remember everything," said Taekwoon as he look at that woman lovingly. Hakyeon look down as she smile shyly. Fell happy on that confession.

Taekwoon hold Hakyeon's hand tightly as he still staring at the woman lovingly. "After I meet you, I can't stop thinking about you. I can't stop missing on you. Then I realise that I already fall in love with you. I want you to be with me. I want you to stay with me forever," he then take out a small red box from his pocket and open it. "Cha Hakyeon will you marry me?" propose Taekwoon in clear confident voice. Hakyeon can't hold her tears as it keep flowing down. She nod her head eagerly to answer on that question.

Taekwoon smile in happiness before he take the ring and slip it over Hakyeon's finger. He kiss the hand lovingly before he sit beside that woman. "I love you too, Jung Taekwoon. Your honest self make me fall in love with you hardly. And I'm happy you love me too. So, happy. To be honest, I'm feel so scare. Scare that you will tell me that you want me to forget about the propose," confess Hakyeon as she wipe her tears. "Don't worry. I'll never leave you. I'm yours," whisper Taekwoon as his hand cup Hakyeon's face lovingly. "And I'm yours," whisper Hakyeon as she smile. Slowly they lean froward and seal their lips. End the proposal with a soft innocent kiss.

 

"I want to resign," told Taekwoon as he put his resignation letter on the table. Bonhwa look at the letter and Taekwoon for few times. 

"Why? Are you still feel angry about the proposal? If that so, no need to resign. We can solve it in other way," coax Bonhwa as he look at Taekwoon.

"No, I'm not. I realise that I can't show my true potential here. Thats why I want to resign and work at other company," reply Taekwoon honestly.

"What? No. I'll raise your salary," Bonhwa try to use other way to change Taekwoon's decision. Taekwoon does not reply anything before he bow to that man and walk out. Leave that room. Leave that office. Leave the company forever.

"How?" Ask Hakyeon when her fiancee enter the car. "You should see his face. Its so funny. He begging me to stay desperately," reply Taekwoon as he laugh slightly. "Well, when you leave, he does not has anyone that can give him those brilliant ideas," said Hakyeon before she drive the car away.

 

Taekwoon look around as he enter his old office. He want to meet his old officemates to give something to them. "Hi guys," greet Taekwoon as he look at his ex colleages. "Taekwoon, what are you doing here?" Ask Minhyuk when he saw that man. He fastly stand up and hug that man tightly. "I thought you already forget about us. Never want to visit us," said Daehyun before he give soft hug to that man too.

"Its not I don't want to. I'm just little bit busy," reply Taekwoon honestly. "Hi, Taekwoon," greet Chunhee as she look at Taekwoon with a smile. Taekwoon just smile at her back.

"So, where actually your new workplace?" Ask Daehyun curiously. "CRZ Corporation. And I come here to invite all of you to my wedding," reply Taekwoon as he give his wedding card invitation to them. 

"You're getting married? With who?" Ask Minhyuk in curious. 

"What are you doing here?" Ask Bonhwa when he saw that man there. "Do you want to work here back?" Ask him as he smirk.

"No, I'm not. Here," Taekwoon give one of the card to that man. Bonhwa look at the card as he feel uninterested. Then he realise a woman is walking toward them. 

"Hakyeon, do you come here because you miss me?" Ask Bonhwa as he smile sweetly at the woman. He try to put his arm around Hakyeon's waist but fastly got stop by Taekwoon as he hold Bonhwa's hand.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ask Bonhwa as he pull back his hand and glare at Taekwoon. Hakyeon look at the man as she smile before she walk toward Taekwoon and put her arm around his torso.

"I don't really like it when other man touch my fiancee," said Taekwoon as he put his arm around Hakyeon's waist. That make Bonhwa and the others look at them in shock.  "Please come to our wedding," invite Hakyeon as she smile at them.