My choice

Acceptance

A/N: Thanks everyone who read the first chapter. I appreciated the comments and here’s chapter 2. Yeri has run away to be with Sooyoung and we will see how her parents also deal with realizing she’s gone.


 

Yerim wakes up in the hotel room the following morning with Sooyoung’s arms wrapped around her securely. Last night they had become mates and it’s their plan to get married today if possible. The shorter girl turns to look at her now mate who is fast asleep. The omega gently caresses her face and thinks how last night was probably the best night of her life, although a bit sad too if she were being honest. It’s not like she enjoyed lying to her parents and running off in the way she had. The dark-haired girl just didn’t see any other options. Her mother would not give Sooyoung a fair chance, and not being with the alpha was an option Yerim couldn’t bare to live with.

 

Sooyoung opens her eyes and focuses on her mate. It’s surreal now to think Kang Yerim is her actual mate now, and not just simply her fiancée. The auburn-haired girl leans down to kiss her lips. She has to make sure Yerim is okay after what happened last night.

 

“Hey, Yerimie. Are you okay?”

 

“Yes,” Yerim nods. “I know you’re worried about me, but don’t be. I don’t regret becoming your mate, Soo.”

 

“Okay, I just wanted to be sure again. Since it’s a big deal what happened. I’m sorry, about it coming to this too.” Sooyoung tells her with soft kisses to her mate’s neck.

 

“I’m not sorry that I’m with you, Soo. Now, how about we see about getting some breakfast, hm?”

 

“Yeah, of course. Why didn’t you say you were hungry, babe. Let’s order some room service, anything you want, order it.”

 

“Thank you.” Yerim nods and kisses her once more before turning to look at her copy of the room service menu. She hopes her parents aren’t too upset about finding out she’s gone, but then knowing her mom’s. They will both be upset regardless. It is Joohyun who finds Yerim is gone first, and her reaction is first shock, that quickly turned to a mix of anger and fear. Her daughter had to have run off. The bed is neatly made and there’s no sign of any forced entry or worse an abduction. Joohyun hurries to her wife who is downstairs dressed and ready for work.

 

“Seul, don’t leave yet.”

 

“Hyun, what’s wrong?” The alpha takes note of how panicked her wife looks, and knows whatever it is, can’t be anything good. She places her hands onto her wife’s shoulders and gently urges her to take a deep breath.

 

“She’s gone. Yerim’s gone.”

 

“Hyun, I’m sure she probably just went out to see her friends.”

 

“No, she’s not in her room, and everything just feels wrong. Come with me, I’m telling you our daughter has run away.” Every fiber in Joohyun’s being as a mom is telling her that Yerim has run off, and if she’s run off, then she is with that Sooyoung. Joohyun feared something like this would happen. When they get to the bedroom Seulgi can sense what Joohyun meant. There is an eerie feeling to the room, as if Yerim didn’t even live here at all. It’s so quiet and everything feels wrong.

 

“Oh, Hyun, honey…” Seulgi whispers and takes her mate into her arms. Joohyun simply starts crying then. She should have done more to prevent this from happening. Her daughter has decided to run off to be with someone she doesn’t approve of. It’s too much. Seulgi sits her down on the edge of the bed and takes the raven’s hands.

 

“We should first see if she’s left any note or clue to where she’s going, okay?”

 

“Alright.” The omega nods. “If we don’t find anything, Seul. I think we should call the police, because I don’t want her out there with that girl.”

 

As usual it comes back to the fact that Joohyun doesn’t like Sooyoung. It’s the reason why their daughter has run off in the first place, because of this fact. Seulgi isn’t about to fight with Joohyun right now, or cause a huge scene. The couple need to be united here, and together so that they can find Yerim.

 

“Let’s see what we can find.”

 

They split up in Yerim’s room and look around. While in the closet of her bedroom Joohyun finds some of her luggage gone, and so that means Yerim inteads to not come back. The omega has to sit down for a moment she’s feeling lightheaded suddenly. Seulgi stops what she’s doing in order to check on her mate.

 

“Hyun, baby. Do you need me to get you any water?”

 

“No, I’m okay. I just found some of her luggage missing. She’s planning to not come back, Seul.” Joohyun says sadly and that has the alpha hugging her wife. They can’t even think of anything like that. They will find Yerim and bring her back home.

 

“Don’t worry, Hyun. We will find our daughter.”


 

After breakfast the couple lay in bed for a while thinking about what their next moves will be. They need to stay as low as possible until they can get married and leave Seoul. It’s not like people don’t know who Yerim’s parents are, so that could make things difficult. The plan is to still find somewhere to get married and then take off for Jeju, where Sooyoung is originally from. They’ll figure out after where they will go to live permanently. Sooyoung comes back into the room then with phone in hand.

 

“Hey, babe. We can probably at least go to a courthouse, but one out of Seoul, something low key…” the alpha stops when she sees Yerim sitting at the table with phone in hand. She looks nervous and Sooyoung hurried over to wrap her arms around the omega’s shoulders.

 

“Yerimie, hey look at me.” The taller woman turns her mate around, so they are now facing one another. She gently pushes dark locks out of Yerim’s face. Sooyoung honestly didn’t want it to come down to this either, but the alpha could see no other way. Mrs. Kang simply doesn’t like her and has never given her a fair chance.

 

“It’s going to be okay, baby.”

 

Sooyoung isn’t sure if it will be totally okay. She just wants to be of any support to her mate as she can. Everything changes when you make that important commitment to become mates with someone. Sooyoung just wants to protect her mate more than ever, and that natural instinct of an alpha to protect just becomes more intense.

 

“I was just texting Saeron, and telling her to not tell my parents if they ask. I’m sure they will start contacting my friends about me. They will look for me.”

 

“Yeah, they’re your parents and they love you.”

 

“I just wish she could have given you a real chance, Soo. She judged you so much based on rumors.”

 

Sooyoung and Yerim have had this talk about those rumors that follow the alpha around. Sooyoung has admitted that some of them are true. She does have a playful nature and can be flirtatious. Sometimes people caught feelings and thought she was serious, and feelings were hurt. Sooyoung admitted to Yerim that she only really had two serious relationships, but not some playgirl like the rumors would suggest. Yerim knows her mom is too focused on a lot of the bad rumors to see that Sooyoung is a really good person. Someone who genuinely loves and cares for her.

 

“I care more that you believe in me, Yerimie. It would be great if your mom would give me a break, but you’re the one who matters most.”

 

Yerim nods and leans forward to kiss her mate on the lips. She can’t think about her parents right now, not when she has to marry the woman she loves today. Yerim just really hopes her mom’s are alright.


 

The Kangs are not alright to say the least. They found nothing in their daughter’s room to give them any clue or hint as to where Yerim was going. Joohyun wanted to go straight to the police. Seulgi didn’t agree that they should do that yet, and it started a huge fight.

 

“You want to tell me why we shouldn’t go to the police right now.”

 

“Hyun, I hear what you’re saying, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to just go to the police like that. Yerim is an adult and she left on her own.”

 

“I don’t care if she’s an adult. She is our daughter and we need to get her home the sooner the better.”

 

“I understand, Hyun. We still can’t just go charging to police right now, what do you think the cops will do. They will remind us what I just said to you. Our daughter is an adult and she left on her own, at most we will have to wait at least 48 hours before filing an official report.”

 

The raven hears what Seulgi is saying. It makes sense logically, but Joohyun is thinking as a mother who is worried about her daughter.

 

“Do you not care about our daughter?” Joohyun loses her composure and asks Seulgi. The alpha looks stunned by what her mate says, as of course Seulgi cares about Yerim.

 

“I know you’re just reacting this way because you’re scared, but don’t ever say I don’t love our daughter. You know why she ran away, it was because you couldn’t bring yourself to give Sooyoung a chance.”

 

Joohyun is angry more than anything, but in that anger she is also scared. She is worried about Yerim, who could be anywhere right now. Joohyun knows her daughter ran off just to be with Sooyoung, because she doesn’t like her girlfriend.

 

“Maybe if you had listened to me in the first place about that girl, we could have worked together as a team to keep Yerim away from her. If you don’t want to go with me to the police, then don’t.”

 

“Hyun, wait!”

 

Joohyun storms off in such an anger that the brunette hasn’t seen in a long time. Seulgi knows she can’t blame her wife entirely for this. Joohyun has every right to be upset, but the alpha thinks she is still going about this entirely wrong. Seulgi hurries after Joohyun and stops her just before Joohyun can get into her car. The monolid woman wraps her arms around her mate.

 

“Hyunnie, stop.” Seulgi gently speaks.

 

“Let me go.” Joohyun complains through her tears. “I’m going to find our daughter, with or without you.”

 

“Listen to me.” The slightly taller woman turns her around and carefully her face. “We shouldn’t be apart on this right now. We are Yerim’s parents and fighting one another isn’t going to make her come home. We need to be a team, Kang Joohyun, just like we are always a team. I love you, and I’m the last person you should be against.”

 

The soft way Seulgi is speaking to her and releasing her citrus scent to further help calm her mate, works as it always does. The omega leans up into her arms and sobs. She didn’t mean to get angry at Seulgi, and her wife is right. The last thing they should be doing is fighting. They are always a united team, and they need to keep on being a team.

 

“I’m sorry.” The raven apologizes through tears, and Seulgi nods as she rubs her back.

 

“Don’t worry. We will find Yerim.”


 

The couple were in Sooyoung’s car on their way to get married. They had nearly been caught by a couple that Yerim knows because they are long term friends of her parents. Jessica and Tiffany Jung are very good friends of her parents. Yerim did her best to avoid the couple when they spotted them in their hotel lobby.

 

“I don’t think they saw you, babe.” Sooyoung mentions as she is nearly positive that the other couple didn’t see Yerim.

 

“I hope they didn’t. They will tell my parents, and then we will have a different problem.”

 

“It’s going to be alright. We can check out as soon as we get back, and stay somewhere else tonight, before going to Jeju.”

 

“Okay, I…” Yerim pauses because she is getting a phone call it’s from her mother. The young omega has already shut off her location so no one would be able to find her, but she feels like she should answer this call. It’s her mother, and if anyone had given Sooyoung a real chance it was Seulgi.

 

(Flashback)

 

Sooyoung left from having dinner with Yerim and her parents maybe a half hour ago. Joohyun was in the kitchen cleaning up as she was in no mood to talk to her daughter about her girlfriend, and Yerim in turn didn’t want to talk to her mom much either. It’s why she is sitting with Seulgi in her mother’s home art studio.

 

“Here, Yerimie.” Seulgi passes her a mug of hot chocolate.

 

“Thanks, Mom. Also, thank you for being nice to Soo, and not really rude to her like some people.” Yerim rolls her eyes then and the alpha laughs some at her daughter’s expression.

 

“Your mother is just really worried about you, sweetie. I’m not saying she was right for being rude, but you do know how she is too.”

 

“I know.” The younger woman knows exactly how her mother can be. She is so overprotective in a lot of ways, and it’s going to have to stop eventually. Yerim is an adult and if she wants to date Sooyoung, then she wants to date Sooyoung.

 

“She didn’t even give Soo a chance, and hasn’t ever really given her a chance.”

 

Seulgi nods and gently hugs her daughter. She feels stuck in the middle of the current situation. She of course wants to be supportive to her wife as the alpha understands why she is worried. At the same time she trusts Yerim and knows she wouldn’t be with anyone that she didn’t think was good for her. Seulgi just wants to be there for both her wife and daughter. She really doesn’t want for this to blow up entirely.

 

“Give your mother some time, Yerimie. She’ll come around.”

 

“I hope so, mom.”

 

(End)


 

Seulgi was the only one who had given Sooyoung a real chance. Her mom never came around and it only made things worse. It’s why she’s here right now on her way to marry the woman she loves. It had to be done in order for them to be together.

 

“Do you want to answer it?” The alpha asks because she sees her mate hesitating. Yerim has already turned off her location anyway, so her parents won’t know where she is. The omega answers because if she’s going to talk to anyone it would be her mom, and not her mother.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yerimie, hi baby.” Seulgi says in relief. The way she sounds hurts Yerim to hear because she knows that her parents are worried about her. She didn’t suddenly stop loving and caring for her parents simply because she has run off.

 

“Hi, mom.”

 

“Sweetie, your mother and I are really worried about you. Will you just let us know where you are. We just want to talk.”

 

Yerim knows she can’t tell her mom where she is. She knows her mother has to be right there beside her and waiting for the answer.

 

“I’m fine, mom. I have to go now, okay.”

 

“No, wait. Don’t hang up yet.”

 

“I love you, mom. I need to get going.”

 

“Yerim.” The young omega hears her mother. “Yerim, please don’t hang up. Your mom and I are worried. Please don’t hang up this phone.”

 

“I’m sorry, mother. I really have to go, please don’t call me back.” Yerim ends the call quickly after that. Sooyoung knows that her mate is upset and she stops driving. She pulls to the side to be able to comfort Yerim as much as she is able. It’s here that Yerim is crying and that hurts Sooyoung to hear her tears. The alpha releases her apple like scent in an effort to help Yerim. The omega leans into her more and settles in the taller woman’s arms.

 

“I’m sorry, baby.” Sooyoung whispers to her and leaves a kiss on top of her forehead. The dark-haired girl looks up and smiles some. This isn’t the time for her to be crying and upset. They had plans to get married and they’re already behind schedule as it is. Yerim grabs her hand and kisses her knuckles.

 

“We should get going, Soo. We are supposed to be getting married soon.”

 

“Yeah, but if you want to wait a bit we can, Yerim. I know that wasn’t easy at all talking to your parents.”

 

It wasn’t easy. She hated to hear how worried both her mothers were when she spoke to them. But Yerim also knows what will happen if she were to go home. Her mother would never let her see Sooyoung again, and that is still not an option that she’s willing to take.

 

“I’m fine. We waited long enough to get married, so I’m ready if you are.”
 

“I am.” The alpha nods. All she wants to do is marry Yerim today and make her mate her wife too. Yerim sounds sure that this is what she wants too. It’s time they went ahead to get married.

 

“Okay, let’s go.” Yerim squeezes her hand once more letting her know that she’s okay. This is what she wants and no one’s forcing her to do anything she doesn’t want. It’s time to finally become Park Sooyoung’s wife.


 

Meanwhile, Joohyun is being comforted by Seulgi after that phone call. Seulgi knew it wouldn’t have turned out differently, although she hoped Yerim would have responded to her at least. They also don’t know where their daughter is and that’s upsetting. She could be anywhere right now.

“Hyun, it’s going to be okay.”

 

Normally, anytime Seulgi tells her that everything is going to be okay Joohyun would believe her right away. She’s been with the alpha for a very long time and there’s no one she trusts more than her mate. However, this is completely different territory. She and her wife have a daughter who has run away from home. There is a possibility that they might not ever see her again.

 

“Seul, what are we going to do?”

 

“Let’s go ask around, Hyun. Someone has had to seen something between last night and today. I promise you if no one tells us anything. We can go to the police, okay?” Seulgi wants to be fair to Yerim as she knows that her daughter has gone on her own free will. At the same time she can’t just ignore her wife and what she needs too. They both want to know where their daughter has run off too, and if they have to eventually get police involvement, then that’s what they will have to do. The monolid woman feels her wife nodding against her. Joohyun thinks it’s fair and so they make their way to go ask some go their neighbors. Most people they ask say they didn’t see anything odd in particular. The couple go from door to door asking their neighbors if they’ve seen Yerim. No one has seen anything and that really worries the couple.

 

“Seul, no one’s seen a thing. Should we go file a police report now?”

 

“Yeah,” the brunette nods. “Yeah, honey. Let’s go file a police report.” Seulgi wraps an arm around her shorter wife and they head to her car. It hasn’t officially been enough time yet, but at this point Seulgi will do whatever necessary to find Yerim. Joohyun is relieved that now they’re going to be able to go the police. It’s better to have extra eyes out there looking for Yerim, and especially good that they are of authority. Joohyun would have much rather wanted their daughter to tell them where she was. If Yerim had told them then she and Seulgi would have just gone to wherever she is and tried to talk some sense into her. Joohyun sighs in the passenger's seat. How could things go this horribly wrong? Why couldn’t she have protected her daughter better? Seulgi gently caresses one of her wife’s knuckles.

 

“You can’t blame yourself for this too much, Hyun. Our daughter will do what she wants, you know this.”

 

“I know, but I’m her mother.”

 

Seulgi gives her hand a soft squeeze. “You’re her mother and she is very much her mother’s daughter. We will find our girl, I promise you.”

 

Joohyun smiles some and thanks her wife with a kiss against her lips. Seulgi is always good at helping to keep her calm. She needs her wife to get through this right now, and the alpha was indeed right before. They need to handle this as a team. It’s the only way to really get things done. They’ve been a team for a long time and now is no time to stop being that team.

 

“Yeah,” The omega agrees. “We will find our daughter.”


 

They found a courthouse to get married at. Whenever Yerim was a kid who thought about what her wedding day would look like. She always imagined it with both of her parents there to see her. She thought about picking out her flowers, cake tasting, and wedding dress shopping with her mother too. She never imagined standing before a judge and having it officiated this way. But when she looked up into those warm eyes of Sooyoung’s it all came back to the here and now. She loves this woman and it’s Sooyoung that she wants to spend her life with. When she says her vows she means every word, and when she hears Sooyoung saying her own vows Yerim knows that this is right for her.

 

“I love you,” The taller woman tells her after they finish their vows and seal the deal with a kiss.

 

“I love you too, Soo.”

 

They exchange rings and it’s over. They are now married as well as one another’s mates. The auburn-haired woman knows this isn’t the most ideal way to get married. It’s why she plans something special for them after. She called in a favor for some friends and it should be set by the time she gets them to the location.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Sooyoung questions once they are out of the courthouse. Her wife responds with a kiss. Yerim leans up to kiss her fully on the lips to let her know that she is fine.

 

“I’m okay, Soo. I’m more than okay because I’m your wife now.”

 

The alpha nods and smiles warmly. “Yes, you are my wife. Now, is my wife hungry at all?”

 

“I’m starving.”

 

“Alright, let’s make sure you eat something. Come with me.” Sooyoung takes her by the hand and leads her to the car. Yerim has no idea where they’re going but she trusts Sooyoung more than anything. They drive for a while and soon enough the auburn-haired woman is saying she needs to put a blindfold on her.

 

“What are you up to?” The dark-haired girl raises her eyebrow to Sooyoung in suspicion. The taller woman smiles and leans over to kiss her lips.

 

“Just trust me, baby.”

 

“You know I trust you.”

 

“Okay, I’ll let you know when I’m taking this off.” Sooyoung gently covers her eyes with the blindfold and takes her arm. Yerim holds on tightly to her wife as she is led down some sort of path.

 

“Where are we?” The omega wonders. Sooyoung simply tells her that they are close by and don’t let go if she’s afraid. Yerim holds onto her tightly because she is kind of worried about tripping over something. At the same time she knows the alpha has her and won’t let anything happen. Yerim is soon freed of the blindfold and sees they’re in a secluded garden area where a table is set with wine, dinner, candlelights, and it’s just beautifully set up. The omega turns to her with a smile and it’s clear she is pleasantly surprised.

 

“When did you set this up?”

 

“I asked some of my friends if they wouldn’t mind. It’s not like any wedding either of us would have expected, but the least we can do is have dinner. I also made sure your favorite flowers are here too.”

 

Yerim leans up and hugs her wife. Sooyoung is very sweet indeed and this is a nice surprise.

 

“Thank you, everything looks so nice.”
 

“Let’s go eat.” The taller woman guides her over to the table where she pulls out the chair. This is their first meal together as a married couple. Sooyoung reaches over for her hand that has the wedding ring on it and gently caresses her knuckles.

 

“I love you, wife.”

 

“I love you too, wife.” Yerim softly replies back. Tonight is also the start of their new life together. They should be looking forward to their future, and Yerim is looking forward to her future and life with Park Sooyoung. She can’t help but to think of her parents. She knows that they are hurting now, and they should have been here for her wedding day. But Yerim has made her choice and nothing can change that now as she is not only Park Sooyoung’s wife. She is her mate too. There’s no going back at all from that.


 

Joohyun and Seulgi finally arrived home after being at the police station for hours. At first they had to convince the police to be able to file the missing person’s report, which Seulgi didn’t necessarily like throwing her name and money around. But she made the exception in this case. The alpha is removing her suit jacket when she notices Joohyun sitting on their bed looking through old family photos.

 

“Was that from Yerim’s fourth birthday?” The monolid woman asks as she sits down next to her wife.

 

“Yes,” The omega smiles. “She was scared of the clown, remember?”

 

“Yeah.” Seulgi laughs. “She really was. But when she saw that cake and the hello kitty plushies. She was much better after.”

 

“It was a good day.”

 

“It was a very good day, Hyun.”

 

They look through more photos and talk more about special moments with Yerim. Memories such as her first steps, taking her to school for her first day, all those many birthdays, and even for Joohyun helping her daughter when she first realized that she was indeed an omega.

 

“We’re going to get her back, Joohyun.” The monolid woman kisses her forehead softly. The raven nods against her wife and reaches for one of Seulgi’s hands.

 

“We’ll find our daughter, Seul.”


 

A/N: Okay, so Joyri are married and mates now. I am still thinking to end this by chapter four, so I think next chapter Seulrene will find Yerim/see her and that will be a confrontation when they realize she’s married to Sooyoung, and Joohyun has to come to terms with Sooyoung being in her daughter’s life permanently as well as just trying to accept her too. Thanks for reading if you all enjoyed.