With little choice

Acceptance

A/N: Hi all, this fic isn’t a new idea but I’ve finally gotten to writing it. This will be a joyri/seulrene omegaverse fic, where seulrene are yeri’s parents and Joohyun in particular doesn’t like her gf Joy, and so Yeri runs away to marry her, and this should be about 4 to 5 chapters max. Please enjoy.


 

Twenty-year old Kang Yerim sat in her bedroom, packing as many of her most important belongings as she could into one some of her luggage’s. The dark-haired girl didn’t want it to have to come to this, but her parents leave her no choice, or more specifically her mom leaves her no choice. Her mom Joohyun is the issue in this matter of not liking her girlfriend Park Sooyoung. Her mother Seulgi is fine with Sooyoung and is accepting of the relationship. Yerim doesn’t understand why her mom in particular doesn’t like Sooyoung. She would only tell her that the slightly older girl was not a good influence on her. Just a few days ago Yerim got into a huge fight with her about Sooyoung, and she couldn’t take it anymore.

 

(Flashback)

 

The young omega was getting ready to leave her house to meet her girlfriend. Sooyoung can’t really come to pick her up because her mom would not allow the alpha to come here anymore. If it’s just her mother at home Seulgi doesn’t mind, and is always kind to her girlfriend. Yerim knows she can’t sneak out because her mom has eyes in the back of her head and pays the utmost attention to every single detail. It’s why she doesn’t and bravely leaves her room. The dark-haired girl is barely at the door when she hears her mom.

 

“Yerimie, where are you going?”

 

“.” Yerim sighs. She isn’t going to lie since lying doesn’t ever work on her mom.

 

“I asked you a question, Kang Yerim.”

 

“I’m going out with Soo tonight.”

 

The look on the older omega’s face says it all. Joohyun is not thrilled that her daughter is going to see that Sooyoung girl. She has specifically told Yerim to stay away from Park Sooyoung. The slightly older alpha is not a good influence on her child, and Joohyun will not see them together for much longer.

 

“No, you’re not going out with her.”

 

“She’s my girlfriend, mom. You are going to have to accept that sooner or later.”

 

Yerim wishes her mommy was home now. Seulgi is usually good with calming Joohyun down, and she tries her best to get her wife to leave Yerim alone about Sooyoung.

 

“Baby.” Joohyun hugs her then. “I don’t want you spending too much time with that girl. I have not heard good things about her.”

 

“You don’t even know her mom. Soo is a good person and she loves me. Why won’t you just give her a chance instead of listening to gossip.”

 

The older brunette looks at a cross between anger and disappointment. She truly feels like Yerim is just in a rebellious phase and carrying on with this girl because she knows that Joohyun doesn’t like her much.

 

“You’re not going out there.”

 

“I am too. I’m going to see my girlfriend and you can’t stop me.”

 

“Yerim!” Joohyun shouts and goes after her daughter. The younger omega doesn’t stop and continues walking off. Sooyoung will usually be parked a block or so away, depending if some of the nosier neighbors are watching. Right now she doesn’t care and walks off faster. She sees the taller auburn-haired alpha waiting for her against her Range Rover. Sooyoung smiles when she sees her, and that smile makes Yerim feel better almost immediately. She takes off in a sprint and runs into the alpha’s arms. Sooyoung catches her immediately and wraps her arms around her waist. The apple like scent of her girlfriend calms the omega down and she settles comfortably in her arms.

 

“Hey, baby.” Sooyoung whispers softly. Yerim wraps her arms around her shoulders. Whenever she’s with Sooyoung it’s like nothing else matters but the two of them.

 

“Soo. I’m sorry.” Yerim apologizes to her, and the alpha knows why she’s saying sorry. It’s not her fault that her mom doesn’t like her. Sooyoung gently releases her, so they can look at each other. The taller girl lifts her chin up for a kiss, that Yerim doesn’t hesitate to return. They break away for air at the same time.

 

“It’s okay, babe. We’re together now, right? Want to get out of here.”

 

“Yes, please. Let’s go.”

 

(End)

 

She was happy with Sooyoung then, and dreaded going back home to what was another fight with her mom. The only good thing is that her mother Seulgi was home by then and that helped some. Yerim loves both her parents very much, and wants them to happy with her and her decisions. She also knows her strong minded her mom is, and Joohyun will not accept Sooyoung, at least she isn’t accepting her right now. It’s why Yerim knows she has to do this, and leave with Sooyoung tonight. While she double checks that she has everything her phone rings, and it’s her girlfriend.

 

“Hey, Soo.” She answers.

 

“Hey, babe. I’m just seeing if you’re okay, and do you need me to do anything at all?”

 

“I’m fine. I kind of need to wait until my parents go to sleep. I’m still going to meet you.”

 

Sooyoung breathes a sigh of relief on the other end. The alpha doesn’t want Yerim to feel pressured into leaving with her tonight. She really wants her girlfriend to be sure about this, since it will affect her relationship with her parents, and even if her mom doesn’t like her. Sooyoung would never want Yerim to have a further strained relationship, and not to the point she won’t ever speak to her parents again.

 

“I want you to be sure.”

 

“I’m sure. I wish my mom liked you, but she’s making this difficult. I don’t like lying to them.”

 

“I don’t want to make things worse for you, Yerimie. Your mom already doesn’t like me, and this could get so much worse.”

 

Yerim knows it’s risky. She doesn’t want to make her parents angry or sad by running away. At the same time Sooyoung is her soulmate, and she can’t be without her.

 

“You asked me to marry you, remember?” The omega tells her.

 

Sooyoung does remember asking Yerim to marry her. She could see no other way but to propose earlier than she expected since she couldn’t bare to think of her life without Kang Yerim. If they get married then there’s no way they will be forced to be apart, and more than that when they are able to become mates, it won’t matter what Yerim’s mom thinks.

 

(Flashback)

 

The two were laying in bed in Sooyoung’s apartment. Yerim was able to come over because her parents are at some charity dinner in Jeju, and will be staying the night. It was the perfect chance for them to be together. Sooyoung wraps her arms around the shorter woman, and kisses her bare shoulder.

 

“Are you okay?” the alpha worriedly asks after what just occurred between them. It had been Yerim’s first time and Sooyoung really wanted it to be special for her, or as special as it could under the current circumstances.

 

“I don’t regret this.” The dark-haired omega turns in her arms and kisses her. Sooyoung nods and takes her hand.

 

“I wish I could make you my mate right now.”

 

Many times during Sooyoung wanted to mark her and make the omega hers officially. They both know why now they can’t.

 

“My mom will see the mark and she’ll now. We can’t right now, Soo.”

 

“I know. At least you have time to shower before you go home, because you smell like me right now, and your mom would have lose her otherwise.” Sooyoung laughs some and kisses her shoulder again. Yerim nods with a small laugh. She always has to make sure she doesn’t smell of Sooyoung in anyway, as it will trigger her mom.

 

“I wish we didn’t have to sneak around this much.”

 

“Me too, Yerimie. It’s why I need to ask you something.”

 

Yeri looks at her in question and waits to see Sooyoung is showing her an engagement ring. The omega is surprised by this, and is shocked for a long while after.

 

“I know you can’t be my mate right now. I understand why we have to wait before that happens, but I love you so much. Will you marry me?” Sooyoung asks while pushing some of her dark-locks out of her face. Yerim nods and maneuvers herself over the taller woman.

 

“Of course I’ll marry you. I love you.” She whispers to her and kisses the top of her forehead.

 

“I love you too. I can’t wait to make you my wife.”


 

(End)


 

“I want to make you my wife, so badly.”

 

“You will. I am going to be with you as soon as I can. Just wait for me a little longer.”

 

She and Sooyoung don’t stay on the phone much longer after that, but the alpha knows she will wait forever for Kang Yerim, as there is no one else in the world she wants to be with more. Yerim finishes packing and puts her stuff where she can grab it on the way out. Her parents usually go to bed around 11, and that’s mainly if both of them are home. She knows the best time is to wait until they’re sleeping for sure, and then she’ll sneak out the side exit of her house for extra precautions. There won’t be anything to stop her from meeting her fiancée tonight.


 

Meanwhile, Kang Joohyun sits up in bed reading a book, or trying to. She’s had this feeling for a while that something is wrong with her daughter. Yerim doesn't talk much to her these days, so Joohyun is hopeful that she talks with Seulgi at least. The omega looks up when her wife enters the bedroom. Seulgi is finally home from the office and looks exhausted, but being the Head of a company will do that to you. Joohyun puts her book down and walks over to her mate and wife of many years. She doesn’t even have to say anything before taking off her wife’s suit jacket.

 

“Hi, honey. I’ve missed you.” She kisses her wife tenderly on the lips.

 

“Hi, Hyun. I’m sorry I’m so late getting back, but there’s a lot going on at work.”

 

“I know. Yerim and I missed you at dinner tonight, but I left you a plate if you’re hungry. Are you hungry, Seul?”

 

The dark-haired alpha declines and finished removing her shirt and tie. She also gets more comfortable into some pajamas. Joohyun follows her over to the closet and wraps her arms around her waist.

 

“Honey, I know you’re tired. I just want to talk to you about something.”

 

“Sure, Hyun. What’s wrong?”

 

The couple sit down in bed and Joohyun takes her hand. She has to share her concerns with her wife about their daughter.

 

“I’m worried about our daughter.”

 

“You’re always worried about her, more so than usual.” Seulgi reminds her wife.

 

“I’m serious, Seul. I have a terrible feeling that something is wrong, and you know she won’t talk to me much these days. Has she said anything to you?”

 

Kang Seulgi is honestly saddened by this whole situation. Their family unit has been going through a lot these days, because her wife just can’t bring herself to give Park Sooyoung a chance. Seulgi doesn’t have any overall issue with the younger alpha. From what she can see the girl is obviously in love with Yerim, and treats her well which is very important to Seulgi to see her only child happy and well taken care of. She knows it’s also important to Joohyun too. At the same time Seulgi knows if Joohyun doesn’t try at least to give Sooyoung more of a chance things will only get worse before they get better.  

 

The monolid woman hugs her wife. She has to keep trying to convince Joohyun that she will lose Yerim if she refuses to try.

 

“Honey, if you haven’t noticed. Yerim is a lot like you. She is determined, stubborn, and really your mini-me.”

 

Joohyun smiles at that since she can’t deny her daughter is very much like her. From the time she was a baby Joohyun could see they pretty much had a Joohyun 2.0 on their hands, whether it was a good thing or not. It’s why she’s worried, because that means Yerim will do anything she has to in order to be with Sooyoung. She will especially as she knows that her mom doesn’t like said girlfriend.

 

“She is like me. It’s why I know she’ll do anything to be with that girl. I don’t like her for our daughter, Seul.”

 

“Hyun, Sooyoung isn’t as bad as you think. I’ve spent time talking to her. She loves Yerim, and isn’t that what’s most important. Our daughter loves her too.”

 

It’s not what Joohyun wants to hear. She doesn’t trust Park Sooyoung and even from first meeting her. The older omega just knew that she would not be good for their daughter.

 

“Seul, she’s a playgirl. She isn’t going to seriously commit to our daughter, and I know she’ll break her heart, it’s what people like that do. I won’t have our daughter hurt like that.”

 

The brunette gets up and decides to go check on said daughter. Seulgi carefully grabs a hold of her arm.

 

“You’re going on rumors, honey. You really should take some time to give Sooyoung a chance. Do you want us to lose Yerim?”

 

Joohyun pauses. She understands why Seulgi is saying this, as it’s a very good chance that Yerim could choose Sooyoung and never see them again. Their daughter is an adult and she can do as she pleases, but Joohyun isn’t going to apologize for protecting her child.

 

“I won’t apologize for trying to protect our baby.”

 

Seulgi sighs and hugs her wife again. She knows exactly where a lot of this comes from. Joohyun is like any mama bear protecting her child. Seulgi just worries about what could happen.

 

“Hyun, she’s not our baby anymore. She’s an adult.”

 

“That doesn’t mean we stop protecting her.”

 

Joohyun goes to Yeri’s room and knocks. There’s not an answer and she sees it’s due to Yerim asleep in bed. Many nights Joohyun would come to check on her baby girl. Whether it was just to see the rise and fall of her tiny chest when she was smaller, or checking on her when she was sick in bed, and reading bedtime stories with Seulgi to her.

 

“Hyun,” Seulgi whispers. “Let her sleep, don’t wake her to fight with her.”

 

“I won’t. I just want her to know I love her, and that’s all this is. I love our daughter, Seul.”

 

“She knows that. Come on, we should be going to bed soon too.”

 

The couple soon turn to leave. Yerim cracks an eye open after. She isn’t sleeping and now she waits for the perfect time to go. She knows her parents don’t just go to sleep because their lights are off. Plenty of times she would walk passed their room to hear movies being watched, them talking, or even having . Yerim takes out her phone and smiles at the lock screen photo of her and Sooyoung.

 

“We’re going to be together soon, baby.”


 

For Park Sooyoung she has been a mostly nervous wreck. She put as many important things from her apartment into the back of her car. She has all of her cards and cash. There is no guarantee she and Yerim will come back here. The plan is to leave and perhaps a hotel at least for a little while. Sooyoung hopes to get married soon while they’re out there, as she really wants to put that ring on Yerim’s finger and have her become her wife. Sooyoung sits in her car with the radio on just thinking. It’s not that she wants to cause any issues for Yerim and her family. She knows the dark-haired omega is indeed close to her parents, and how if they run away it will most certainly cause issues. It’s more a matter of the alpha not being able to be away from her.

 

Mrs. Kang doesn’t like her, and has honestly never liked her even from their first meeting when Yerim brought her home. At first Sooyoung thought it was because of their slight age difference, but that couldn’t have been the case since she is only about 3 years older than Yerim. She also found out from her girlfriend then that her moms also share a slight age difference, so that couldn’t be the case. For awhile, Sooyoung just couldn’t figure out what it was that made Joohyun mostly indifferent to her. She asked the older omega one day, because she just had to understand.

 

(Flashback)

 

Sooyoung was invited to dinner that evening. She noticed almost immediately the differences in between how Seulgi treated her versus how Joohyun was. Seulgi was friendly, kind, and made her feel welcome even before sitting down to dinner. Joohyun was less welcoming and would barely talk to her. Sooyoung tried not to let it get to her, but this is girlfriend’s mom, and she wants to be able to make a good impression. It’s why she asks before leaving.

 

“Mrs. Kang?” Sooyoung speaks.

 

The omega is looking at her with unimpressed eyes and as if she would rather be talking to anyone else right now.

 

“Yes, Ms. Park?”

 

“Uh, you can call me Sooyoung.” She smiles some, hoping her charming smile softens the older woman some. It doesn’t work and Joohyun is still looking at her like she can’t wait to end this conversation.

 

“Okay, Ms. Park, what is it?”

 

“Ma’am, do you have some sort of issue with me?”

 

Joohyun says nothing for a long minute. Her gaze is almost murderous and Sooyoung knows now where Yerim gets that from.

 

“I get the feeling you don’t like me much.”

 

“I don’t like you.” Joohyun tells her. The alpha wasn’t expecting for her to admit it so easily. She was hoping for Mrs. Kang to lie just a little.

 

“You don’t even know me, Ma’am?”

 

“I know all that I need to know about you. You’re not good for daughter, and I’m sure that you will hurt her. I want for you to stay away from her.”

 

Sooyoung doesn’t want to stay away from Yerim. She really cares about her, and she does understand why Mrs. Kang thinks she wouldn’t be serious. The alpha has garnered a bit of a reputation because of how playful and flirty she is, but Sooyoung isn’t some serial dater who plays around with people. When the auburn-haired girl gets serious about someone she means it. She is really serious about Kang Yerim.

 

“Mrs. Kang, I am not going to hurt Yeri.”

 

“I don’t know that, and I certainly don’t know you enough to trust you. I mean it, stay away from my daughter.”

 

(End)


 

After that she and Yerim began to sneak around. Yerim didn’t want to be apart from her anymore than she did, and she knows the risks. The alpha sighs and looks down at her phone. It’s nearly 12 am now, and Sooyoung can’t deny that she is worried. Perhaps, Yerim couldn’t get away and has been caught by her parents. The possibility of never seeing the omega again is something that she can’t accept. It’s why she wants to marry and mate her. There is no bigger commitment that can be done other than those two things.

 

“Yerimie, are you okay?” She wonders. If she doesn’t here from her soon then she’s just going to go over there and get her fiance herself. The ring is in her pocket just waiting to be given to her. They didn’t dare put it on so her mom could see. Sooyoung knows the very moment she sees her it’s going on that finger, and it’s not ever coming off. Yerim was delayed and hoped to leave much sooner than this. Her parents took much longer to go to sleep than she had expected. It wasn’t until sometime near 1 when the omega was positive that they had both gone to sleep. Yerim wondered if perhaps she should leave a note or something, at least offering an apology to her parents. It’s not like she wants to leave them in this manner.

 

“I don’t have a choice, mommy, mama.” She whispers softly as she sees her parents in bed asleep. She can’t give up Sooyoung when she knows in her heart that she is meant to be with the alpha.

 

“Goodbye.”

 

She has texted Sooyoung that she’s ready and the alpha parked her car up the block but is going to meet her at the exit to her house. Yerim is pretty well off and the house is huge, Sooyoung is actually used to huge houses like this because her family in Jeju are also rather well off. It’s just she needed a change and moved to Seoul where she met the dark-haired girl. Their chemistry was instant and feelings developed mutually rather fast for both of them. Sooyoung waits for Yerim to show and when she smells that familiar cherry scent it makes her smile brighter than she has in days.

 

“Hey.” Sooyoung hurries to her and wraps her arms around her securely. Yerim is crying and god does she hate that she’s sad. The alpha gently wipes away her tears and kisses her lips.

 

“Don’t cry.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Yerim whispers. “I just feel bad for lying to them this way.”

 

Sooyoung nods and takes one of her hands. It’s not too late for Yerim to go back upstairs and they can forget about this plan to run off. She just wants for Yerim to be totally sure before leaving with her.

 

“Baby, I love you. I don’t want us to be apart, but I really want you to be sure. I promise if you want to go back up there, then I’ll let you go. I just don’t want…” The auburn-haired woman is cut off by those soft, pink lips she loves. Yerim breaks away and touches her face.

 

“I want to be your wife, and that’s why we have to go. Please stop worrying about this decision. It’s mine to make and I choose you.”

 

“I love you.” Sooyoung promises and grabs one of her bags. “Let’s go.”


 

They make it to her car and Sooyoung places the bags into the bag. They hug then and kiss a few more times before the alpha is taking out the ring. She smiles and takes Yerim’s hand.

 

“I really have waited a while to put this ring on your finger, Yerimie.”
 

“Yeah, please put it on. I’ve wanted it on since you asked me.”

 

“I will, you’re going to be my wife soon, baby.” Sooyoung places the ring to her finger and they share a final kiss. The alpha opens the passenger door for her. Yerim looks back towards the direction of her house once more. Her parents are truly going to be hurt by what she’s about to do, and she really loves both her moms. It’s just Sooyoung is her love and they can’t be apart. Yerim knows for a fact that her mom would never want anyone to say she couldn’t be with her mother. Sooyoung takes her hand when she notices her faraway look.

 

“Yerim?”

 

“I’m fine, let’s get going.”

 

She sits in the car and Sooyoung takes off a few moments after. The dark-haired omega doesn’t want for anyone to be hurt by this. It’s what she has to do in order to be with Park Sooyoung, and she can’t ever regret that choice. Sooyoung takes her hand a few times while driving.

 

“I love you.” The alpha tells her again, this time in a softer tone. Yerim smiles over at the woman she loves. It’s the right thing and she knows that.

 

“I love you too, baby.”

 

Yerim looks out of the window. She knows come morning when her moms find out. It won’t be good, and she is sorry for any pain the two of them are going to end up through because of her.

 

“I’m sorry, Mom, Mommy.”


 

A/N: Hi, so first chapter is done, and Yerim has run away with Sooyoung so that they can get married. Seulrene will find out she’s gone tomorrow, and so we’ll get into family drama, Yerim being caught in the middle of her parents and woman she loves, which of course is never easy. I hope you guys are interested and want to read more.