A sudden encounter

Dusk Till Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*The bell rings*

"Finally the classes are over, phew!” Jamie declared happily not after letting out a big yawn when the school bell rang. The students started rushing through the class making a loud noise. I hastened my hands to pack my belongings too and after a long hour of being quite my bench partner finally began babbling again. “Let’s go!” Jamie practically yelled on my ears startling me.

 

“W-where??” I tried to sneak past her but before I could do that she quickly held my hand and without answering my question she took me out of the school much to my protest.

 

"Wait...Where the hell are we going???" I finally applied a resisting force and demanded an answer.

 

She immediately let go off my hand not because she was scared of me but because we were already standing outside the school gate and she no longer needed to drag me with her. She turned around me and chirped excitedly, “To the amusement park. The perfect place to start a new relationship” I raised my brow at her statement which didn’t go unnoticed by her and thinking fast she amended her statement “I mean friendship. Ya, I like namja, okay?” She winked at me assuring me that I don’t really have to be cautious around her.

 

But I don’t wanna go. Why is she forcing her decision on me? I thought of several excuses on my head to tell her to avoid this situation. Meanwhile, the sudden ringing of the phone gave me enough time to think of one.

 

Jamie picked up the phone call with an annoying face, “Yaa! Where the hell were you? Why didn’t you attend school today? Yaa, don’t you dare cut classes without me, got it?” She then paused for one good minute probably listening to the person on other end and then again continued bickering on the phone, “Okay. I will see you there at 12 pm. You better get there on time, see ya” She ended the call and turned around me with a wide grin plastered on her face “Chae, Yugyeomie will be also joining us too. You will enjoy his company. Let’s go” She intertwined her arm with mine.

 

“W-who? Listen, I am not hanging around with some random guy okay? So you enjoy your hang out but please let me go!” I freed my hand from hers.

 

“Oh, don’t worry. Yugyeomie isn’t a bad guy. Furthermore he is one of our class mates and my best friend. I am sure you will lov-”

 

*Cring Cring* *Cring Cring*

 

Before she could complete the sentence her phone rang again giving me enough time to run away from her.

 

Without giving her a second look, I quickly turned around and ran away frantically before she could stop me.

 

---
 

I called Mr. Park once I escaped away from her sight and within 15 minutes a car parked right in front of me. I got back home quickly, thanks to Mr. Park fast driving.

 

Once I entered into my room, I let out a heavy sigh, threw my bag pack onto the floor and without wasting any time plopped on the bed closing my tired eyes.

 

*knock knock*

 

I was woken by a knock on the door. I lazily looked to my right where my table watch stayed. “Sh*t. It’s already night”. I gasped.

 

"Aagashi...Chairman Kim is waiting for you in the dinning room". I heard a voice coming from the other side of the door.

 

I removed the duvet and let out a lazy reply, “Hmm.. will be there shortly”

 

Upon noticing my arrival, Chairman Kim who was already seated on his chair smiled a little to greet me but I wasn’t in mood to bicker with him. I took a seat far away from his periphery and waited for the maid to serve me dinner.

 

“So, how did it go Chae? Did you like it there?” He questioned me as if we didn’t fight last night. I tried my best to ignore him and took a spoonful of rice in my mouth.

 

“Did you make lots of friend? I’m sorry I couldn’t wish you this morni-”

 

“Will you stop it?” I threw the spoon back on the bowl and glared him in irritation. “Don’t you see I don’t want to talk to you? Why are you making my life harder????” I bit my lower lip in annoyance, no matter what I say, he isn’t listening to me, is he? All I wanted was freedom but I’m not getting it. I sighed tired of explaining him to stop interfering in my life and just give up on me.

 

“I think you got me wrong here. I was worried for y-”

 

“Why? Did I tell you to be worried for me? Oh, C’mon Chairman Kim, stop this pretentious act, will you? Just worry about your business and clients and meetings like you’ve always been but spare me please” I got up from my seat because I could no longer bear the sight of him and me together.

 

“At least, finish that.” He gestured me to sit down as he pointed his eyes towards the dinner which lay coldly on the table.

 

I let out a wry laugh as I noticed the cold food. Somehow it reminded me of myself. The food was cold and so was my heart. The warmth that it once used to have now was gone with my mother. And just like this cold abandoned food, my life was turning into the same messy stuff too.

 

“ChaeYoung ah” I heard him call me again with that same demanding voice but I wasn’t turning around. With a rotten mood, I stomped into my room and cried like there’s no tomorrow.

 

---

 

The next morning I got up quite early. I changed into my school dress and marched towards Chairman Kim’s room. He was reading newspaper then.

 

“Ahem” I faked a small cough to grab his attention and as he saw me standing at the doorstep, he quickly sided the newspaper. “What brings you here? Come in” He signaled.

 

“No it’s fine. I have few things to clear actually. It would be really good if you could-”

 

I haven’t even finished my talk but surprisingly I saw him quickly agreeing to whatever thing I was about to say. I widened my eyes, clearly taken aback by his sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter