First Day at School

Dusk Till Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My sound sleep was suddenly disturbed when the sound of weak banging on the door felt on my ears. I turned my body to the other side of the bed to check the time on the table watch but my eyes were battling to even stay open. I blinked continuously not until my eyes got used to the brightness around the room. 5:30 a.m. it showed. I tried to sleep again ignoring whoever was behind that closed door but the door banged once again.

 

“Miss! Wake up!” I heard a soft polite voice speaking from the other end.

 

I groaned after hearing her like it's only 5:30 in the morning and I came back late in the evening here. Can't they just let me rest for a day?? “Let me sleep for a while” I ignored the person and lied back on the bed again.

 

A slightly nervous voice spoke again, “The breakfast is ready Miss an-”

 

"Breakfast??? Who even gets up this early to have breakfast??? I am not leaving my bed. I will be there later!" I yelled as soon as the word "Breakfast" fell on my ears. I hope it was enough to make the other person hear me clear as I covered both of my ears tightly with the pillows hoping for some peace.

 

“But Miss, you will be late for school and Chairman Kim wouldn’t like that” I heard her reply nervously.

 

“School??” I mumbled confusedly. Isn't it too fast like I have just landed yesterday? Give me some break!!! "I am not going to school, please convey that to Chairman Kim!" I yelled back so that she would let me sleep but she didn’t stop pestering me.

 

“Umm, I’m afraid I can’t do that Miss. Chairman Kim has strictly ordered me to get you ready for school, please Miss. I beg for your consideration” The maid politely requested me. Having heard her desperate plea I let out a soft groan and so with an agitated voice and frustrated brain I agreed to attend the breakfast and reluctantly got off the bed and walked in the bathroom to fresh up.

 

When I finished bathing, I descended down the stairs and I could see several maids surrounding the table as each of them were busy placing the food onto the dining table. As I reached near the table, upon noticing my arrival, the maids bowed down and quickly moved out of there and stood in a line. I gave one quick glance at the table and I had to say I was quite mesmerized with the amount of food displayed there. Are there going to be guests as well? I wondered because the table was completely filled with different varieties of cushions from Korean to continental but most of them were American dishes. Then my eyes went on a small piece of note lying on the center of the table. I immediately picked it up and started reading it.

 

 

“Dear Chae Young ah, good morning. I know it wasn’t the best day for you yesterday but I hope today you’re going to have a great day. Good luck for the first day at school. I hope you make lots of new friends and sorry dad couldn’t be with you today”

 

 

"Bull!!! What’s with this sudden “Good dad's act” huh?” I crumbled down the paper into my fist and threw it on the floor. I hurriedly finished my breakfast when one of the maids handed me my school uniform. It was an okay kind of dress. A white plain shirt and a knee length pleated skirt with blue and white horizontal strips. A small navy blue neck tie and a pair of white sock to go with a black leather boots. And of course the navy blue fitting blazer with large buttons and a pair of side pocket to cut the chilling winter. I quickly got myself ready as I stood in front of the large mirror one last time to check myself. My brunette hair let loose and softly curved from the mid length of my hair and a large red bow tie clipped on the right side of my head. I was impressed with what I saw on the mirror and so after giving a small wink to the mirror I hastened down. Mr. Park had been waiting for me outside the door step rubbing his hands together to warm them up as his mouth released a hot smoke trail constantly. I quickly took out a pocket heater and offered him. At first he quickly denied but when I informed him that I had worn a pair of hand warmer to warm myself and had an extra pocket heater he finally accepted. “You can be really stubborn huh Mr. Park?” I and he flashed a small grin in return.

 

I got on the car and buckled up my seat belt and once I was done Mr. Park started the engine and drove it. After the twenty minutes of ride we finally reached at the school. I got off from the car and stared at the hooding board right in front of me. It said “Big Hit High School”.

 

"Ahh. So it’s one of the schools that Chairman Kim sponsors. No wonder I was easily enrolled in the middle of the new session”.

 

I went straight to the staff room. There my homeroom teacher was already anticipating me. He was a lean man with a round spectacles and crooked teeth that showed up easily when he smiled. I walked towards him and gave him a bow. "Good morning sir. I’m a transferred student. My name is-"

 

I was in the middle of my introduction when the teacher cut me off and said with a wide grin plastered on his cunning face, “Chae Young. Kim Chae Young right?”

 

“Oh no, it’s Park Cha-" I parted my lips to correct him but that man never let me finish speaking. He kept going on and on with some rubbish talks while I stood there with an irritating expression plastered on my face.

 

“Chairman Kim has already informed me about you. I am your homeroom teacher. You can call me Mr. Choi" He finally bothered to stop. I exhaled a long air and opened my mouth to finally make him clear “Mr. Choi, I may have a Kim's blood line but I go by Park Chae Young. You didn’t bother to check my academics reports did you?” I questioned him with furrowed eyebrows and he looked completely appalled by my question so appalled that he couldn’t utter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter