Myungjong (to you, i synchronize)

our sweet maknae [Alljong Requested Oneshots]

7. Myungjong (to you, i synchronize)

Requested by 32bella! Thank you for requesting!!

Prompt: Marital life of Myungsoo and Sungjong

A/N: This is more like a compilation of small drabbles about their married life. I... kind of had difficulty with this one, as I didn't know just how I wanted it to end. I made it originally fluffy, but then it gradually turned realistic and angsty in a section… I apologize.

Please continue to request!! I do like writing, although the wait may be longer as I’m about to go back to high school. Nonetheless, please keep requesting!! It makes me really happy to see interest in my stories!!

--

“Myungsoo-ya, can you go pick up some eggs at the store nearby? I can’t cook omelets if there’s no eggs.”

“...Don’t cook them, then… I want to lay down for a bit more; it’s too hot!”

“I know… but there’s nothing else in our fridge! It’s practically empty except for the damn half-eaten ice cream Sunggyu and Dongwoo left in here!”

“Let’s get take-out then…”

“We’ve had take-out for the past 3 days. I don’t think your stomach can handle it anymore.”

“But…”

 

Myungsoo lay on the floor, enjoying the artificial breeze of the fan right in front of his face. To be honest, he didn’t care much about eating take-out again and again, but Sungjong always wanted to cook so they seemed like a ‘real married couple.’

 

What was a real married couple, anyway? All that mattered was love and a band on two people’s ring fingers, and nothing else.

Myungsoo looked upwards to see Sungjong, who was staring down at him, frowning with his arms crossed.

He sighed.

 

“Sungjong-ah, can’t we just sleep for a little more longer? Unless you’re hungry,” Myungsoo whined, quickly adding the second part when he could see Sungjong’s face harden just a bit.

“I am hungry! If it’s too much for you, I’ll go myself,” Sungjong said, walking over to the front door and pausing to slip on his sneakers.

 

Myungsoo jumped up, standing and rushing over to the entrance as well. “No, wait! I’m coming, I’m coming…”

 

Sungjong snorted softly, smiling endearingly.

 

His husband was just too cute sometimes.

--

The silky sheets stuck to his sweaty and sticky skin like glue, and Myungsoo silently groaned as he turned and shuffled over for probably the hundredth time that night.

The insistent shoving at his back wasn’t helping, either.

Sungjong aimed a particularly nice kick to just below Myungsoo’s ribs, knocking him off the much-too warm bed and onto the cool hardwood floors. Although the temperature change was welcome, the harsh kick wasn’t.

 

“Sungjong-ah,” Myungsoo groaned out, rubbing the impacted spot. Sungjong merely hummed in response, muttering something about ‘idiot hyungs and knife choreography.’ “That hurt, you know?”

 

Sungjong said nothing in response, which made Myungsoo pout from his place on the ground.

--

“Hyung, when do you think our grandpa-hyung will get married?”

“Sungjong, it’s,” he took a quick glance at the clock, “4 a.m. in the morning.”

“On ‘Happy Together,’ he said he’s married to music.”

“He is.”

“I don’t think he is… I saw him and Woohyun-hyung together, and-”

“Sungjong.”

“They were in quite the position, that is, violently screwing each-”

“Sungjong!”

 

His husband cutely giggled as Myungsoo shook his head next to him, whining about how he didn’t want to hear any of that.

--

All seven of them were gathered around Myungsoo and Sungjong’s mildly large table, which seemed much smaller when it was all occupied.

 

“So,” Hoya began, “You guys are married now?”

 

Sungjong spat out his sugar-filled coffee and stared at Hoya incredulously. Myungsoo remained quiet, silently wondering if Hoya had more screws loose than he thought.

 

“Hoya-hyung, we’ve been married for 3 years now.”

 

Hoya snorted, apparently saying that ridiculous statement intentionally as Dongwoo and Sunggyu sniggered in the background.

 

He scratched the back of his head in an imitation of absent-mindedness. “Oh, you have, haven’t you? I thought you guys have been married for a lot longer than that, with how much you guys coddled over each other for the past decade. Can’t believe the fans didn’t catch on, either.”

 

Myungsoo doubted that last statement, remembering that one fan that was furiously predicting their marriage since 2010. 

 

Sungjong groaned, “Hoya-hyung, if we only met up for you to tease me instead of having dinner, maybe we shouldn’t have?”

 

Hoya smiled, shaking his head softly. “Of course not. Just teasing our baby maknae. Still can’t believe you guys really got married 3 years ago… Feels like a long time, y’know? I was protecting you from all those wolves when the real one was right next to us, stealing you from right under our eyes.”

 

Sungyeol groaned in agreement from his spot on the ground. Woohyun nodded, smiling when he remembered a particular situation. “Yeah, I remember when you came home crying about how much you hated the guy you dated for being such a brick-headed idiot, and we were trying to get you to tell us who it was so we could beat him up. Until our Myungsoo-yah came in, looking all guilty as you practically looked like you wanted to kill him.”

 

Myungsoo tilted his head in confusion. “Was our relationship that rocky?”

 

6 different voices answered him. “Yes.”

--

“Sungjong-ah… Was our relationship really that rough before?”

“Hyung, it’s 3:21 in the morning. Can’t we talk about this later?”

“This is revenge for last time. You tainted my ears with your talk about Sunggyu’s ual escapades. Please answer my question, Jongie.”

“It wasn’t as bad as the hyungs said it was. I think, though… there isn’t much of a difference from before and after we got married…”

--

“ ...there isn’t much of a difference from before and after we got married…”

 

Myungsoo thought about it.

It was true, to an extent. 

Their lives weren’t very different. It was like when they were living together before, only with a ring on their fingers and a few more romantic gestures.

Maybe Hoya was right. 

 

“Sungjong, maybe we’ve been married since 2010.”

 

Sungjong raised his eyebrows, scrunching up that adorable face of his. “...What?”

 

Myungsoo continued, “Hoya’s right. That one fan was, too. We’ve been unofficially married since 2010, Sungjong-ah.”

 

Sungjong looked at him as if he was an alien lifeform. He then slowly exhaled, as if talking with a child. 
A huge smile broke out on his face.

 

“You’re an idiot, Myungsoo. But you’re very adorable for an idiot.”

 

Myungsoo didn’t know whether to feel insulted or overjoyed.

--

“Do you ever regret marrying me?” Sungjong murmured, sewing one of Myungsoo’s torn black shirts although he had 30 other copies. 

 

“Of course not,” Myungsoo said in response, tugging the black shirt from his husband’s hand, “Why would I?”

 

And with that, it was like the floodgates broke. Or the camel’s back broke due to the last straw. 

 

“Because we can’t have children, we can’t say we’re married to anyone else but the hyungs, we can’t live normally, we can’t hold hands and kiss in public, we can’t do anything so just what was the point of exchanging rings and kissing in the middle of the dorms?”

 

The black shirt was thrown to the side, landing on the couch. Good. He’d have to throw it away later.

His husband had a lot of worries, it seemed.

 

Myungsoo took one of Sungjong’s thin, long hands into his own. “That isn’t any of our faults, though. And what’s wrong with exchanging rings and kissing in the middle of the dorms?”

 

Sungjong ripped his hand out of Myungsoo’s grasp quickly, instead clenching his hands into fists and pounding the middle of Myungsoo’s chest softly. “You idiot. We could have, have lived happily with wives and not having to worry about our every step like we’re doing now, in order to hide our relationship-”

 

“Are you not happy, then?” The lightly hitting fists paused, and Myungsoo took the moment to wipe the tears from his lovely husband’s eyes.

 

“... I am.”

 

“Then what’s the problem? That we’ve wasted our youth, and now we’re wasting this entire life, by getting married-”

 

“It isn’t a waste!”

 

“It isn’t. I’m happy, and you’re happy too, right? I don’t have any regrets, especially when it comes to you.” Myungsoo smiled, pulling Sungjong into a warm embrace, one that would definitely show all of his feelings for the younger.

 

When they pulled away, Sungjong had stopped sniffling and was instead looking to the side, seemingly embarrassed by both his past outburst and Myungsoo’s heartfelt confession.

 

“... Let’s get dinner, then…” Sungjong quietly muttered, moving towards the kitchen and away from the greasy situation.

 

“Wait,” Myungsoo said, grabbing at Sungjong’s wrists and making him turn around at Myungsoo’s serious tone.

 

“Yes?”

 

Myungsoo smiled widely, the corners of his smile deepening and showing off his dimples. 

 

“I love you.”