Myungjong/Yeoljong (my heart is racing)

our sweet maknae [Alljong Requested Oneshots]

Requested by infiniterainbow! Thanks for requesting~

Prompt: Infinite’s dorm is split into two groups: Those who support Yeoljong and those who support Myungjong. Sungjong finally decides just who he wants to date.

--

A meeting was going on in the Infinite dorms, specifically in Sunggyu’s room. The members meeting there were Sunggyu, Dongwoo, and Myungsoo.

In the front of the messy room was a large whiteboard, with the words, ‘Myungsoo + Sungjong’ printed on it rather scrappily. 

Sunggyu was pointing at the board and lecturing, while Myungsoo sat on the ground, nodding attentively. In the back, Dongwoo was giggling, trying to cover up his laughs with the palms of his hands.

 

“Dongwoo!” Sunggyu snapped, unsuccessfully making the younger stop laughing. Dongwoo started erupting with laughter, almost falling over onto Sunggyu’s large mattress.

 

“Sorry hyung, it’s just that- how do think Sungjong would react if Myungsoo suddenly walked up to him and said, ‘Are you a library book? Because I can’t stop checking you out.’?” Dongwoo cringed while he said the book-related pickup line, presumably because it was extremely embarrassing.

 

Sunggyu seemed to understand his concerns and nodded while thinking of new tactics.

 

Tactics for what, you might say?

Tactics to seal Myungsoo and Sungjong’s blooming relationship together.

 

Sunggyu had originally started supporting them because of how nicely Myungsoo coddled over Sungjong, just like he should be.

 

(Also because Sungyeol threw away his favorite pair of pants. He would never forgive him.)

 

Dongwoo tried to help because Myungsoo was a dear friend of his and he knew the feelings he had for Sungjong were genuine. Myungsoo didn’t know what to do with all the new followers of his pseudo-relationship but appreciated them regardless. They were helping him get with his crush, after all.

 

That being said, this meeting was not running very smoothly. Myungsoo was trying to pay attention to and understand all of their ideas, but most of them were… strange. Sunggyu kept sprouting weird and cringy pick-up lines that he thought would work, and Dongwoo did nothing but cover up his loud laughter in the background.

 

This was a mess. Hopefully, Sungyeol didn’t come up with any good strategies.

--

 

3 other members were spotted in Dongwoo’s room, in a very similar situation. The smaller whiteboard in their room had the words ‘Sungyeol + Sungjong’ written on it, along with many scribbled hearts. 

 

However, Woohyun was gesturing excitedly in front of Sungyeol’s face, talking about how he should ‘conquer his lover during the evening with a romantic dinner.’ Hoya just sat stoically, seemingly approving of the other’s ideas.

 

Sungyeol sighed. “No, Woohyun-hyung, I am not going to slowly strip in front of Sungjong while making hand gestures towards my body.”

 

Woohyun pouted at that response. “What do you suppose we should do, then? Since you’ve denied all of the wonderful ideas from the romance expert.”

 

Woohyun supported Sungyeol with his love conquest because he kind of did want to see him and Sungjong together. They looked cute.

 

Hoya, however, just popped into their 3rd meeting without a word. When asked of the reason, he shrugged and said, ‘I like Sungyeol more.’

 

Sungyeol suspected it was because Sunggyu had thrown away one of Hoya’s purple shirts in a fit of rage. Hoya was very attached to them, just as how Myungsoo was attached to his black and checkered shirts.

 

“Hoya, what do you think?” Woohyun asked, making Sungyeol turn his head towards the side. “You look like you have some romantic experience. What do you think he should do?” 

 

Hoya nodded firmly. “Just tell him you love him. A lot. Even if you stumble over your words, Sungjong would understand, because it shows how nervous and serious you are about this.”

 

“That’s not romantic at all, though! Just saying ‘I like you’ is old! Maybe you should slam him against the wall, y’know, kabe-don! That’s a trend nowadays. It would work because you’re taller than Sungjong,” Woohyun suggested, complaining about Hoya’s boring tactics.

 

Sungyeol considered the wall slam, but he also considered the odds of Sungjong getting pissed off and kneeing him in the gut afterward. He didn’t like being treated like a girl, after all. 


Sungjong was too complicated. Sungyeol first thought Sungjong would like a flashy confession since Sungjong seemed like the type of person who’d like to be dramatic and eye-catching. However, when he thought about it more, Sungjong was a simple person. He didn’t talk as defiantly as he did during camera and on variety shows. 

 

Then… what kind of confession would he want?

 

Sungyeol hoped Myungsoo was as confused as he was.

 

--

 

Sungjong sat in his room, alone, thinking.

 

All the older hyungs had met up in Dongwoo and Sunggyu’s rooms, and refused to let him in, even when Sungjong threatened to set fire to the house.

(“Go ahead!” Woohyun laughed out, “Dongwoo probably has a fire extinguisher somewhere in this mess.”)

 

That being said, Sungjong was really curious about what they were talking about. Subunit schedules? Maybe they would make another subunit, with all the ‘original’ members of Infinite. That wouldn’t explain why Sungyeol was there, though.

 

Speaking of Sungyeol… Sungjong didn’t know what to do with his budding feelings for him. It was strange, how he fell in love with Sungyeol. It was like waking up one morning with a sudden attraction to him, like an awakening of romantic feelings.

 

Ever since then, he couldn’t stop thinking about Sungyeol.

 

What was even more strange was that Sungjong couldn’t stop thinking about Myungsoo, either. 

 

When his crush for Sungyeol happened, he imagined that all of his feelings for Myungsoo would just… disappear. He didn’t think they would stay, making his head spin and heart flutter in confusion.

 

Thinking about his two crushes made Sungjong feel conflicted. Myungsoo and Sungyeol were both similar and different.

 

Yet, Sungjong couldn’t imagine being with one without the other.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol were like two sides of the same coin, and Sungjong hoped he could finally reach out and take the coin for himself.

 

With his feelings sorted out, Sungjong decided he would tell them. He felt like he was going to accidentally confess one of these days anyway.

--

 

“Sungyeol-hyung! Myungsoo-hyung! I have something to tell you,” Sungjong called out, and both of them stopped walking to their own rooms. The rest of the members were coincidentally out of the dorms, and Sungjong wondered if it was fate that all three of them managed to be here, alone.

 

(Actually, it’s because both teams planned to be out of the dorms to go shopping, as both Sungyeol and Myungsoo planned on confessing today.)

 

Both boys seemed surprised, too, as they looked at each other before walking back to Sungjong. “Yeah, Jongie?”

 

Sungjong smiled at the affectionate nickname and ignored his harshly beating heart in order to continue speaking. “This is going to sound really strange, but…”

Myungsoo and Sungyeol both braced themselves for the words that would come next. For all that they knew, it could be a rejection for both of them, right before they even confessed!

 

“I like both of you.”

 

Sungyeol almost ungracefully fell to the ground in shock at that, while Myungsoo’s jaw dropped so harshly that he wondered if his jaw was okay.

 

“What?!” They said in chorus, making Sungjong sigh and bite his lips in embarrassment. 

“I knew this was a bad idea…” Sungjong murmured under his breath, and both hurried to fix their mistake.

 

“No, no, Sungjong-ah! Just… what do you mean?” Sungyeol said quickly, and Myungsoo nodded excitedly.

 

Sungjong took a deep breath. “I… like both of you, Myungsoo-hyung and Sungyeol-hyung. Though both of you probably won’t like me in return. It’s not that I can’t pick one. Actually, it’s kind of like that… I don’t think I can love one of you without the other… I’m sorry, this sounds strange, doesn’t it?”

 

Sungjong’s ramble was like honey to their ears. Sungyeol and Myungsoo took a good look at each other and nodded, before stepping even closer to Sungjong, so much that Sungjong scrambled against the wall while their chests were almost touching.


Then, they both leaned in to place a gentle kiss on Sungjong’s cheek, with Sungyeol’s being closer to Sungjong’s jaw, and Myungsoo’s being closer to under Sungjong’s eye. 

They were so close that they could hear Sungjong’s breath catch in his throat, and Myungsoo could feel the corner of his lips turning upwards against Sungjong’s smooth skin.

 

Both pulled away, feeling somewhat guilty as Sungjong looked like he was going to malfunction and explode, due to his heavily flushed face. ]

 

“Wha-what?...” He muttered out, raising both of hands up to touch the places where their lips had touched, “This has to be a dream…”

Sungyeol and Myungsoo laughed. “Fortunately not, Sungjong-ah,”

 

“We both like you, too.”

--

“So what you’re saying is that all three of you are dating,” Sunggyu said, as the rest of the members crowded around them.

 

“Yeah…” Sungjong muttered out as if he couldn’t believe it himself.

 

At the confirmation, everyone whined except for Woohyun, and they all took out their wallets, pulling out a few slips of money and handing it to the 3rd oldest. Woohyun took it all greedily, laughing at Sunggyu’s dejected expression.

 

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows. “You bet on this?”

 

Sungyeol snickered, and Sungjong looked like he was going to faint, with how wide and confused his eyes were.

 

“So, “ Woohyun started, “Sungyeol-ah, when are you going to slowly strip in front of Sungjong while gesturing towards your hot body?”

 

Sungjong actually did faint at that offhand comment.

 

Luckily, he had two boyfriends to catch him.