Chapter 3 - Lightning

10 Seconds ( Han Bin FF )

Chap 3 – Lightning

 

 

The next few days was peaceful. Ji Won got to relax without being disturbed by anyone, enjoying her weekends just like other normal and having nothing disturbing during work. But Wednesday came, and she already knew the day wouldn’t go very well, when the first person she sees is her mother, on her couch early in the morning. Her apartment is her home, a place where she feels secure. There was a reason why she moved out from the fancy, elegant mansion where her mother and older sister lived. Her mom was one of it. “Why are you here so early in the morning?” Ji Won walked over to the kitchen, making some toast for breakfast. She thought of making tea for her mother, but seeing how her mother has a cup on her hand already, she threw away the idea. “You changed your house access code” her mother said while taking a sip of her tea, leg folded in a feminine manner. ‘To keep you out, that’s why’ But Ji Won didn’t say that, knowing that it would only cause her trouble, so she just shrugged. “You know I change it once in a while” Her mother nod, knowing that Ji Won does change her password very often. But of course her mother has ways of breaking in, she is, after all, filthy rich and would always manage to find the code. “So are you going to answer my question?” Ji Won took her food, before sitting on the chair across where her mother’s sitting. “Well, I just wanted to personally inform you, that your father and I have made some arrangements for dinner tonight, with some important guests.” Ji Won furrowed her eyebrows, she does have occasional dinners with her family, but not to the point where her mother has to break into her apartment so early in the morning and not often does she have her father along. “Guests?” Her mother settled down the cup of tea and stood up. “Just make sure to come, and dress properly. Don’t wear your.. boyish clothes” Ji Won just eyed her mother, seeing her go out of her apartment. She scoffed, “Boyish clothes? Just because I wear pants instead of dresses?” She shook her head and continue eating her toast.

 

Because of the dinner, Ji Won has to finish her work faster, so that she can go home and prepare herself. Her mother has made it clear, on what she should wear, sending in a box of expensive, designer dress to her office. It was a slightly fitted, white dress that ends mid thigh. It was a pretty simple design, but emits elegance, which Ji Won likes. For once, her mother might’ve considered her personal taste in style. Her mother always tried dictating what she would wear, but feminine, girly dress just wasn’t her style, and so she always opted for her own choice of clothing. Ji Won curled her hair in soft waves and put on minimal make up before driving to the location for dinner.

 

The restaurant was at the top of a fancy hotel. She entered the elevator, pressing the 60th floor, but as the door was about to close, it reopened, revealing a male figure dressed neatly in a black suit. When Ji Won got a better look on the person’s face, she was surprised to find Kim Han Bin standing right in front of her. Kim Han Bin too, although still maintaining his stoic face, there was an element of surprise, evident in his eyes. But the two just break off their eye contact, and the male walked inside the elevator, standing at the other end, with arms folded against his chest. He didn’t press any buttons, which meant they’re both going to the same floor. None of the two tried initiating any conversations, which made the ride feels extremely uncomfortable, and somehow, felt extremely long. Ji Won has nothing against the boy, but she just felt extremely uncomfortable around him. Maybe it was the way he bring himself, Ji Won’s not sure why.When the elevator lets out a sound, signaling that they’re both on the 60th floor, Kim Han Bin walked out first, hands in his pocket as he asked a waitress on the table he was assigned to go to. Ji Won approach the lady with a smile, and another lady escorted her to her parent’s table.

 

She arrived in front of a door, it was no surprise for her parents to have their meetings in a private dining room, but it was the surprise that came from the fact that Han Bin, too, was entering the room. Ji Won felt an uncomfortable feeling in her gut, not feeling too great about what was to happen. But she had no other choice but to also head into the room.

 

Immediately, she was greeted by 4 other people, your parents, The previous chairman of the famous KTR Trading company, along with his wife and son, Kim Han Bin. Ji Won bowed her head politely before walking over to the empty seat next to her mother. “How have you been Mr. Kim?” She asked with a smile, quite surprised to see the man. Han Bin has been handling the company for a a few years and the previous chairman hasn’t really made an appearance since then. The man nods his head, smiling back “Good, how are you Ji Won? I heard you’re managing your company well.” Ji Won replied with a polite thank you, settling down her clutch on her lap. Food came in after a while, and the dinner was basically just the parents, talking and conversing to each other and Ji Won nodding and smiling along. The young male didn’t utter a word other than a thank you from getting a praise from Ji Won’s mother. The dinner was definitely more than just a get together, Ji Won knew, but she didn’t want to seem rude by asking, so she decided to just wait until either one of the sides break the news.

 

Once everyone has finished eating their meals, Ji Won’s father was the first to speak up. “Well, I’m sure the both of you are curious as to why we called you here with us.” Ji Won then looked at her father, waiting for what he was going to say next. “We have been planning, to merge our companies together, since it will definitely benefit both the companies.” Ji Won’s not stupid, she has a gist of what he was going to say next, but was internally praying, that maybe, she was wrong. “Since the both of you are of age, we thought marriage would be a great way to merge the companies.” Han Bin’s father was the one to break the news. She noticed the small scoff coming from the male in front of her. Just like her, Han Bin wasn’t happy with the news. Ji Won had so much to say, but couldn’t organize her thoughts, as to where she should start. The room was silent, but was soon broken by the sound of a chair scraping against the floor. Before anyone could take in what was going on, the male already walked out of the room, ignoring the calls of his parents. Ji Won too, then stood up, “I’ll be going first.” She bowed, giving a tight smile to the elders before leaving the room. She thought that if she stayed longer, nothing good will come out , and she would probably only anger her parents. She will, discuss the topic, but only when she has cooled her anger down.

 

---