Chapter 2 - Yun Hyeong~

10 Seconds ( Han Bin FF )

Chapter 2 – Yun Hyeong~

 

Ji Won felt like she has been standing in the same position for an eternity, cheeks feeling sore from the forced smile she has on her face. “Ji Eun?” she called out, stopping the girl from talking. “I’m sorry but I have to work to do, so.. I’ll be going now” Ji Won then turned and walked away. She could hear the murmurs of complaints from behind her, but ignored it, not wanting to waste her time.

 

Work usually ends at 5, but Ji Won had to stay behind in order to catch up with the things she missed from having the sudden meeting. And to say the least, she was exhausted once she reached home. She was too lazy to cook, so she decided to order in delivery. But not just any kind of delivery.

 

She grabbed her phone and dialed a phone number. “Hello?” the other person on the line greeted. “Yoyo~ I’m hungry~ Cook me food..” Ji Won whined. Song Yun Hyeong, short for yun Hyeong, is the son of one of the top culinary institute around the world. Aside from having amazing cooking skills, he is one of Ji Won’s closest friend. Possibly one of the only person whom she feel most comfortable with. “Ya! I’m not your cook. Go and order delivery. Plus, I’m busy.” Yun Hyeong replied. “Oh come on.. we’re only one floor away, and you won’t help a starving, tired friend? After all these years of friendship, here you are, leaving me to die out of starvation? Also, what do you mean busy? You don’t do anything but sleep and-“ “Fine! Fine! Stop making me feel bad Kim Ji Won. I’ll be there in a second” Ji Won could hear the man scowl before ending the call. Ji won and yun Hyeong have been friends since young, which is why, the fact that they live so close next to each other means they spend a lot of time together, sometimes a little too much.

 

Not too long after the call, the doorbell rang, indicating that the male has arrived. “You know the code!” Ji won shouted, while lying down on the couch in her living room. She could hear the door open and close, followed with the shuffling of feet. “You knew the code, why bother asking? You’re so weird..” Ji Won said when she saw the male approached her. “Ya..how can you be like this? At least greet your guest properly.” Yun Hyeong complained, while handing you a lunchbox. “Really? Now you’re pointing out manners? Because the last time I remember, you broke into my house 2 nights ago to steal some of my snacks. To remind you, that’s not the first time either. So, don’t try and teach me manners when you don’t even have one Song Yun Hyeong” Ji Won raised a brow at the guy, the boy sighing in defeat. “God damn it.. I hate how I can’t go against what you just said. Ah.. forget that, I can’t stay here for long since I’m going out with the boys. I made you some rice ball and soup.” Ji Won opened the box excitedly , “Gomawo~ You’re the best” she thanked. Yun Hyeongjust patted her back, mumbling a ‘you’re welcome’. He have such a soft spot for Ji Won, considering her as his own younger sister, someone he feel like protecting. They both have helped one another, been at each other’s side through their ups and downs. Which is why cooking for the girl is nothing to Yun Hyeong.

 

“Okay, I have to go now. Don’t forget to return my lunchbox.” Ji Won nod her head, sending Yun Hyeong off. “Don’t go home too late. Those weak muscles won’t be able to protect you if someone tries to molest or attack you.” Ji won teased, earning a shout and a scowl from the male in front of her. The girl just laughed before waving her hand, shutting the door of her apartment.

 

The next day was the same for Ji Won. Wake up, bath, work, home. Ji Won missed her school life when she was n Europe. Because, at least, from the way she remembered it, life wasn’t as boring or suffocating. She would spend her free time reading a book in one of the cafes near where she lived with a warm cup of latte and pastry or she would take a stroll around the small city she lived in, breathing in the fresh air and enjoying how she bathe under the warm sun. No one disturbed her, letting her have her peace and quiet.

 

But here she is, eyes glued on piles of paperwork, and her shoulders heavy from the responsibility she’s holding. Her only source of entertainment would be either sleep, watching a movie or spending time with her neighbor upstairs (Yun Hyeong~). Normal girls with her status would spend their time in spas, gossiping, shopping or having an expensive meal in a fancy restaurant. But for Ji Won, doing things like that just drains er out. Which is why she doesn’t really mingle and have that many female friends. Fortunately, for the girl, the next day was Saturday, which is one of her break days, and that means she can have her favourite chicken and beer with her beloved neighbor, who was already seated on her couch by the time she arrived home. “Oh! You’re home!” Yun Hyeong greeted. “And there he goes, nagging me about manners” Ji Won mumbled to herself. “I could smell chicken from outside, my favourite?” Ji Won threw her bag on the couch after hanging her coat, plopping herself down next to Yun Hyeong. “Of course. The owner knows us by now” The male pointed at the plastic bag in the middle of the table. “Go and change first. I’ll prepare the food.” Ji Won hummed, not needing to be told twice as she walked to her room, changing into something more comfortable.

 

When she came back down, the smell of chicken was even stronger. She excitedly rushed to the living room, sitting down next to her friend who was opening the beer cans. Ji Won took a sip, releasing a happy sigh. “How was your meeting with the boys?” she asked while taking a piece of fried chicken. “Usual. The boys all got drunk, so I had to send them back one by one. But I’m worried about Han Bin” Yun Hyeong clicked his tongue, sighing straight afterwards. Ji Won’s not close with Yun Hyeong’s circle of friends. She know Jin Hwan and Dong Hyuk, but she met them purely for business reasons. The girl felt like even without talking to them, she already understood them as individuals from Yun Hyeong’s stories.Yun Hyeong tend to talk a lot about them, being the mom he is, he always worries about the well-bring of his friends, and she wasn’t surprised that the male brought up Kim Han Bin, again.

 

Kim Han Bin is the son of the biggest Korean Technology and Innovation Centre, known for being a hard-working, perfectionist, president of the company. He has an even worse reputation than Ji Won, being cold, arrogant and demanding at the same time. He wouldn’t hesitate to fire all his employees just from a small mistake. “Why?” Jin ae asked, nibbling on her chicken. “He’s been drinking a lot these past few days. He even out yesterday, which is what he does when he’s under a lot of stress. That kid won’t stop working and his body is going to break down sooner or later” the male explained. Ji Won nod her head, understanding his concern. “Well, you can go visit him. Take care of him or something.” Ji Won drank another sip of her beer while looking at the male. “Hell no. He’ll throw me out in an instant. He’s scary.” Ji Won scoffed before laughing. “You’re such a scaredy cat. That’s why you don’t have a girlfriend.” Yun Hyeong sighed again, “I know right, this face isn’t going to stay forever, what am I going to do?”. “I would’ve introduced you to some friends. If I had any” Ji Won said before shifting her attention to the TV in front of her. Yun Hyeong burst out laughing, “Oh come on! You have Ki Bum and some of your friends back in Europe” “Yeah, whom I can’t meet on a daily basis. I just can’t, remember when I went to one of the fancy girls tea party with Ji Eun?” Ji Won rolled her eyes, not really wanting to relive the memory.

 

The girl was forced to wear a girly dress, and heels that was ridiculously torturous. Ji Won can handle heels, but not the one she wore that day, so she fell, face first on the floor and ended up getting a massive bruise on her face and knees. “That’s why, you’re not really classified as a girl. What will happen if me and Ki Bum gets married? There will absolutely be no man in your life. You’ll be like those grannies, with 10 cats in her house.” Ji Won shut her eyes, clenching her fist, about to punch Song Yun Hyeong in the face, but decided to just punch him in the arm. “God! Woman! I’m just saying, you need to get a man in your life. Stop being so uptight and loosen up a little once in a while. Of course, while still being responsible.” The boy rubbed his arms in pain. He glared at her but in the end just pouted. “Say that once you get a girlfriend yourself. I’ll manage. Also, having 10 cats isn’t too bad. Animals are better than humans anyway. “Yun Hyeong just sighed, shaking his head in disbelief. But also, can’t help a smile to form, he cares for this girl too much to get mad. ‘Plus, I shouldn’t frown, the wrinkles might come even sooner’

 

 

Author’s Note:

 

Hello~ I hope you’re liking the story so far. I know I took a long time to update, but that’s because I wasn’t even sure about wanting to continue writing (I thought people might not be interested), and since I have uni to tackle, it’s been a lot.

 

I hope you like YH’s character in this chapter. I think he’ll be a crucial character in the story, but I’m not exactly 100% set yet on the things I’ve planned so far (Im so indecisive lol). But yeah, pop in a comment if you have any questions or suggestions! See you next chap!