Chapter 1 - Kim Ji Won

10 Seconds ( Han Bin FF )

Chapter 1- Kim Ji Won

 

Ji Won was woken up by the sound of her alarm, telling her to start preparing herself before going to work. She groaned before shutting it off, not really wanting to get out from under her comfortable, soft sheets. But she eventually opened her eyes and sat up straight before stepping down her bed. She made her bed, and head for her bathroom. Ji Won stays in a separate apartment, something she bought with her own money from work. Although she’s the daughter of one of the richest family in Korea, she likes simple things, and hold different values compared to the people around her.

 

She head down for a cup of coffee after finishing her bath, makeup and changing herself into formal clothes. She had her black tote bag, finished her coffee and went out her apartment to rush for work. She’s not late, but she definitely likes arriving at least 15-30 minutes early. She hopped onto her car before making her way to the office. Her peaceful journey, however, was disturbed by the loud ring of her phone. She pulled her phone out and pressed the receive button, putting it on loudspeaker. “Hello? Kim Ji Won speaking.” “Miss Ji Won! This is Jae Hoon, one of the employee in the business. There’s going to be a meeting in 10 minutes, regarding the New York branch.” The man on the other side was clearly panicked and scared based on the tone of his voice. Ji Won’s guess, the guy might be a new employee. “You do know the American branch is taken wholly by my older sister right?” Ji Won asked, her tone flat, almost expressionless. “Y-Yes miss, but .. unfortunately, the CEO nor Director Ji Eun isn’t present. They also didn’t pick up their phone for the past 30 minutes we’ve been trying to call them.” Ji Won sighed. ‘Of course, what did I expect’ she rubbed her temples, “Alright, send me the things I need to know to my email. I’ll try to get there as fast as she can” She ended the call before pushing on the gas , her car speeding through the street of Seoul.

 

She managed to reach the building, with enough time to scan through the documents and reaching the meeting room on time. As soon as she arrived, she was greeted by a small boy. He introduced himself as the man on the phone, and Ji Won’s guess was right, the man was a new employee, supposedly her sister’s new manager. Ji Won smiled at the board of directors, seated in their respective seats, ready for the meeting. “Good Morning, unfortunately, Director Kim Ji Eun , isn’t able to make it to this meeting. So I’ll be replacing her for today.” Ji Won then took her seat down. The meeting was just a hearing of upcoming projects, and there were no major decisions to be made, therefore it wasn’t much of a headache for the girl. There are retails and shopping malls belonging to the Kim’s around the world, including different kind of investments to be taken care of. There weren’t any specific divisions, but Ji Eun specifically wanted to handle the American branch. ‘Only’ the American branch, meanwhile Ji Won does the rest of the work.

 

“Once this building is remodeled, then-“ “This building just got remodeled 5 months ago why would you need another remodeling?” Ji Won flipped through the papers in front of her before focusing her gaze back to the man who was presenting in front of the desk. “Considering the scale of the renovation, the cost will be too high in comparison to the profitability of the place. So what makes you think that spending almost a million dollars, is going to be good for the company?” The whole room stared at her, no one brave enough to say anything. The man presenting shuffled on his feet, “W-We are simply fulfilling the request from the CEO and Director Kim Ji Eun.” Ji Won tapped her pen on the table in a repetitive motion, bored. “So if you see the company falling down, you’ll just leave it be because you want to.. please the director and the CEO?” Ji Won then took a look at her watch and stood up, “Well, I have other things to attend to. Please discuss this with the person in charge.” Ji Won collected her things and left the room.

 

Ji Won goes back to her own work after the meeting. And then lunch came, which means break time for all the co-workers. Ji Won stretched, before going for the cafeteria to grab some lunch. On her way there, she saw a familiar figure and gave him a small wave. It was her assistant, Ki Bum. When you’re in such a big organization, people can stab you anywhere, anytime. The moment you show weakness, people will make use of thatThat’s why Ji Won only has a few friends. Ki Bum would be one of them, being her childhood friend since young. “So, heard that you grilled your sister’s board of directors” Ki Bum grinned. “How did you know?” Ji Won took her tray, and start taking her food. “News travel fast.” The two then took their seats before starting to eat their food. “I wasn’t mean.” Ji Won said out of the blue. Ki Bum looked at her before shrugging, but clear that he didn’t believe her. “Sure, whatever you say.” “Fine, don’t believe me.” Ji Won huffed, annoyed. “I’m just kidding. I do trust you.” The male chuckled. The two then spent their time talking before parting ways. Ki Bum usually work with her, but for this week, Ji Won has assigned for some individual work by her, so Ji Won has been working alone.

 

She was on her way to her office only to be called out. She knew who it was, of course, who wouldn’t when you hear such a high pitch shriek. “Ji Won!!” Ji Won sighed before forcing a wide smile as she turned around. “Yes Ji Eun?” There, was her sister, dressed in her short dress and high heels, hair perfectly curled and face full of make-up. Her sister is like the beautiful angel that dropped down from heaven, everyone likes her. Whereas Ji Won would be Lucifer herself. “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry that you have to take my place in the meeting. I was having an early spa with mom, and the woman who did the massage was so slow.” Her sister continued to talk, telling Ji Won about her unfortunate morning. Ji Won just nod her head, pretending to be interested. Sure, her sister is very pretty, and she’s very lenient (more like she doesn’t give a ) with the workers, and Ji Won might be the strict, no-slack kind of girl. But she always covers the work her sister never does, even if it isn’t her responsibility. The meeting incident that morning wasn’t the first time, and it isn’t something new to Ji Won at all. Her mother wouldn’t do anything about it either, because her sister is the precious jewel of the family. Leaving the business to the other two females will sink the whole company down. Which is why, Ji Won works harder than anybody else, because she need to keep the company standing.

 

 

Author’s Note:

 

Hello! It’s the first chapter! What do you think about the first chapter? I hope it isn’t too bad. I wanted to slowly build the character of Ji Won, and I think you can pick up a bit of her character here.

 

I hope to see you in the next chapter!