02.

Run (Hide)

   Seungkwan looks up from his phone and looks around him when he hears someone calling his name. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion when not even one person glances at his direction. 'Weird,' He shrugs and goes back to scrolling his instagram feed.

   "Hey," Someone asks as they take a seat beside him and Seungkwan doesn't have to look to know that it's Jeonghan. "What are you doing?"

   Seungkwan slaps Jeonghan's shoulder lightly when the latter peers at his phone as he tries to cover the screen with his other hand. "Nothing. What are you doing here? I thought you have psychology until four?"

   Jeonghan leans on the armrest and scoffs. "When do you suddenly care about me attending classes or not? It gets cancelled and Cheol has his healthy food or whatever class until five,"

   "So you decide to hang out here out of all places?"

   Jeonghan gives him a pair of puppy eyes and Seungkwan tries his best to not gag at the action. "Uh, okay, fine. Just please stop giving me that."

   As the blonde guy cheers in victory, Seungkwan's phone vibrates and he unlocks it just to see a call coming. "I'm going out for a while," He gestures to the door to which Jeonghan nods before leaving his seat and walks towards the exit. The juniors greet him as he pass them and he tap one of the guys' shoulder as a reply as he put the phone against his ear. "Hello?"

 


   "Are you going to keep this up?" Minghao sighs as he stares at Mingyu watching the librarian arranging the books on the shelves. 

   "What?" 

   "Drowning in your hopeless crush every single day on that cute librarian because you're too coward to confess your love," Mingyu looks at the chinese boy in disbelief and Minghao purses his lips. "What?"

   "Who says that I have a crush on th-that librarian?" Mingyu's voice comes out in a squeak and Minghao rolls his eyes.

   "I'm not blind, you know? It's so obvious and it's practically written all over your face. And everytime he scans your book, you just stand in front of him with heart eyes hoping that time ticks slower so you can be in his attention span longer like I think he already knows it if he's not as dense as you, of course," 

   Mingyu shakes his head vigorously, denying the accusation. "I'm not— You know that I come here everyday to study—"

   "As if. We're here for three hours already and you don't even answer more than 5 questions and you call that study?" 

   Mingyu sighs before leaning his back against the chair. He balls his hand into a fist before releasing it with another sigh. "But I don't think I have a chance."

   Minghao purses his lips for a moment before suddenly stand up, causing a few students to look at him in surprise. He takes Mingyu's hand and practically dragging him towards the exit; not forgetting to give a sweet smile to his friend's crush on the way. Wonwoo replies back with a smile though it is clearly written on his face that he is quite confused that a giant is getting dragged by a tiny guy out of the library.

   


   Soonyoung almost doze off when the bell on top of the door rings, causing him to jolt awake and abruptly stand up before greeting the customer with a booming voice that echoes in the silent cafe. His co-worker who is sitting beside him winces at the wave of awkwardness that follows as he facepalms himself. 

   "Kwon Soonyoung, not again," Hoseok grits his teeth as he eyes his friend's face that quickly turns red in embarassment. He looks up and realises that the customers who walks in are that dance major guy Soonyoung had been talking about for days and a short pale guy with shiny black locks. Oh.

   "Hello," The dancer greets them and Hoseok swears Soonyoung turns a little bit more red as he mumbles a quick reply. "Can I order a caramel macchiato and a mocha, please,"

   "O-of course," Soonyoung pinches his thigh to pull himself together which he quickly regrets when the pain hits him. He manages a smile to the guy in front of him. "Is that all?"

   "Yes,"

   Soonyoung feels his heart stop when the dancer smiles brightly at him. "May I, um, have your name please," 

   "It's Lee Chan," Soonyoung's hand is shaking badly as he writes the two letters on the cup and he prays silently that Chan does not notice it. 

   "Your order will be right up. Um, please take a seat first," Chan nods and mutters a thank you to Soonyoung before walking towards the table where his friend is sitting.

   As Hoseok proceeeds to make the drinks, Soonyoung collapses on his seat behind the high counter as Hoseok shakes his head in amusement. Just as he is about to place the cup of mocha on the counter, the door opens and a tall and skinny man steps into the cafe. Soonyoung glances at the clock hanging on the wall and realises that his shift is over. The tall guy walks towards the counter and waves at Soonyoung and Hoseok in greeting. 

   "While you're already here, go and serve that table their orders." Hyungwon scoffs but still obey Hoseok's order and walks towards Chan's table with the drinks on a tray.

   "Seems like my shift is over. I'll go and change my clothes," Hoseok nods and hears Soonyoung entering the staff room before he closes the door behind me. A few minutes later, the door opens and Soonyoung emerges from behind the door clad in a black hoodie and ripped denim jeans. Hyungwon walks past the brunette and into the staff room as Soonyoung takes his phone from the counter. 

   "I'm going,"

   "Alright. Be careful," Soonyoung smiles and Hoseok watches as Soonyoung glances at Chan one last time before making his way towards the door. The bell on top of the door chimes and a guy wearing a baseball cap walks in and as Soonyoung walks past him, their shoulders brush against each other roughly and the guy's wallet drops to the floor.

   "Oh, sorry," Soonyoung bows down to take the wallet and he manages to get a glimpse of the guy's identity card. Han Sanghyuk. He gives an apologetic smile to the stranger as he mutters another apology which the stranger just brush it away and continue striding towards the counter. He rolls his eyes in annoyance as he finally steps out of the door and towards the sidewalk. As he walks down the street towards the appartment he shares with Wonwoo, his childhood friend, he cannot help but realises a weird thing about his occurrence with the stranger at the coffee shop.

   'Why does the face on the identity card is different from the stranger's face?' 

 


   "So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart." Jeonghan watches the musical club members practice for the upcoming university festival while occassionally checks his phone for new messages from his project partner, Jisoo. 

   A notification pops up and he quickly taps it to read the message sent to him. 'So next tuesday's okay?' Jeonghan tilts his head a little to the left as he ponders the question. He adverts his gaze to the stage as Seolhyun, the witch steps forward; lips curling into a smirk as her eyes scan the guy in front of her. 'Did Cheol say something about going to the cinema on Tuesday or was it Wednesday—'

   "Um, senior Jeonghan?" Jeonghan turns to see a junior standing beside him. 

   "Yes?"

   "Do you know where senior Seungkwan go? A freshman is asking to meet him to get the registration form." Jeonghan looks at the guy standing behind the junior and when their eyes meet, the guy smiles at him. But instead of smiling back like what he usually do, he quickly turns back to the junior and shrugs his shoulders.

   "I don't know. If he wants the form, you can go and get it from Taeyeon. I think she's at the dressing room."

   The junior thanks him and leads the freshman to the backstage, all the while talking about the club activities. His gaze lingers on the freshman's broad back as he slowly disappears out of his sight and into the darkness of the corridor. The uneasiness still tugs at his heart when his phone vibrates. He unlocks it half-expecting another message from Jisoo but is surprised to see a message from Seokmin.

   'Jeonghan, I think Seungkwan is in danger'

   Jeonghan holds his breath as he opens the photo attached to the text. A letter written in dark red ink close to the colour of blood is placed on a table he assumes is Seungkwan's says: You're next