01.

Run (Hide)

 "Hey," Seungkwan looks up from his latte to Seokmin. "I've read this mindblowing fact last night."

   "What?"

   Seokmin puts down his phone on the table and gazes at the theater major in front of him. "A study shows that apparently you'll walk past a serial killer at least 7 times in your lifetime. It could happen anywhere: on the street,"

   (Seungkwan slided his phone into his pocket and plugs one of the earphones into his ear. The red pedestrian light turns green and the two high school students in front of him start to cross the street. He walks behind them; humming a hit love song playing from his phone as he passes a tall guy dressed in all black. His shoulder brushes against the guy's arm slightly but instead of turning their heads and apologise, both of them keeps on walking towards the opposite direction.)

   "At the airport,"

   (Seungkwan slings his bag to his shoulder and steps into a little cafe at the airport waiting area. There are almost no customers sitting in the cafe, though it comes with no suprise as it is already past midnight. He makes his way to the counter; replying a quick text to his mother to inform her about his delayed flight. He lifts up his head and walks a bit to his left when he feels the presence of a tall guy clad in grey shirt and black ripped jeans. The guy's face is obscured by his cap so Seungkwan cannot makes out his features.)

   "Sorry," he mutters a quick apology for blocking the guy's path who is heading for the exit. The guy silently walks past him and he feels his gaze on him for a moment as he walks to the counter. As he greets the employee behind the counter, the bell on top of the door jingles and the guy leaves the cafe.)

   "Or maybe at the toilet or even at our university. Who knows?"

   Seungkwan scoffs. "As if. Then maybe the serial killer is actually in front of me right now."

   Seokmin raises his eyebrow in confusion before he realises what Seungkwan is implying and he playfully hits the latter's arm. "Hey! I'm not a serial killer!"

   The theater major chuckles before taking a glance at his wristwatch and stands up. "Seems like my break is over. See you after practice."

   "Alright. Same place?"

   "Same place."

   Seungkwan waves his friend goodbye before turning to leave the cafeteria and heads for the hall at the north wing of the university.

 

   Seokmin walks down the silent corridor to the auditorium; his notebook in his hands. Loud footsteps coming towards him startles him from his thoughts and he looks up just to be greeted by a tall guy. A friendly smile is on the stranger's face but Seokmin senses a dark aura clinging to him.

   "Excuse me," the guy begins and Seokmin stops on his track.

   "Yes?"

   "I'm sorry for taking your time but do you perhaps know where a certain Boo Seungkwan from the theater major is? I'm a freshman and I would like to join the musical club so I would like to meet him to get the registration form."

   Seokmin gives him a nervous smile and hesitates for a while before replying. "Um, if I'm not mistaken, he's at the hall at the north wing. They might be practising now so do bear in mind to not make too much noise while you're in there."

   The guy nods slightly in adknowledgement before thanking Seokmin and leaves. But as he walks past him, Seokmin notices the slightes hint of a smirk on the guy's face. And to make things worse, his instinct is screaming at him that Seungkwan is in danger.

   As he stands there, confused and spooked, he never notices the sharp knife in the guy's black sport shoulder bag.