t w o

Give Me Love

y i x i n g

It didn't come as a surprise when he recieved word from the king of Exodus, requesting for a unification of the kingdoms through a marriage with the crowned prince. Exodus was a successful kingdom, though rather small when compared to Exact. Despite it's years of flourishing as the main steel supplier to many kingdoms, Exodus had failed to expand its territory and increase its standing army. With the impending war, Exodus was sure to be under a great deal of pressure. 

"You accepted?" Minseok asked, slightly surprised. 

"You find my decision improper?" inquired the king. His dark eyes looked over at his advisor with curiosity swirling in their depths. 

"I believe you made the choice you found was necessary, Your Highness. However, I expected such a decision to be made under long deliberation." 

The corners of his lips twitched. Yixing rose from his thone and extended the letter in his hand towards Minseok. "Exodus is a trusted ally," he said. "There are many benefits to reap from the marriage."

"Of course, My Lord. However, the crowned prince... At a time like this, a strong leader is necessary. Prince Baekhyun-"

"Prince Baekhyun is suitable." It was a firm statement that offered no room for argument. 

Minseok was at a loss for words. Little to nothing was known about Prince Baekhyun's ability to rule. 

The last time the prince had visited Exact was six years ago. Minseok remembered the day well. Byun Baekhyun was only twenty years old at the time, and many anticipated his visit to Exact with his mother and father. It was expected at the time that the prince was in the midst of learning the ways of the court in order to prepare for his coronation the following year. 

Minseok recalled watching Prince Baekhyun enter the palace, his eyes glimmering as they formed into crescent moons. His rectangular smile exposed his pearly white teeth, and caused his cheeks to puff out, displaying the prominent baby fat that clung onto them. For the most part, Prince Baekhyun was quiet and kind. He was the epitome of respectful, and never failed to light up the room he was in. However, throughout meetings, he was always silent, never making his opinion known. It wasn't shyness that caused his silence, but indecision. When King Yixing had asked for his opinion on a topic, the prince merely lowered his eyes and kept mum. It was clear at the time that he was not fit for being King of Exodus. After the queen's death and Prince Baekhyun's lack of ascension to the throne, it was assumed that he was declared unfit for the throne. 

"The meeting will be in three days at Exodus. The journey will take a day's time. You and Jongdae will be accompanying me," King Yixing commanded. He glanced to his right, were his personal guard stood. "Prepare a convoy, Jongin. Keep it limited. We wouldn't want to scare the people of Exodus." 

Kim Jongin nodded, not questioning his king. His mind was already racking up the guards that he would bring. "I will have everything prepared by tonight, My Lord," Jongin replied. He bowed down before returning to his alert stance. 

Minseok read over the letter that was in his hands, his eyes still holding doubt over Prince Baekhyun. It made no sense. The king of Exodus had offered Yixing to pick the prince of his choice. There was Sehun, the youngest of the three, and also most handsome. He was well known for his stunning looks, which captured the hearts of many. Had King Yixing chosen Sehun, the would be no doubt that they would produce the most attractive heirs. Then there was Kyungsoo, the middle child who excelled in all areas. He was always praised by his elders everywhere he went. Many kings have offered their daughters and sons for his hand in marriage, though the prince never responded to such offers. His only flaw was his shyness, but that could have been overlooked. His personality would have worked well with Yixing. 

So why Baekhyun? 

"Do you doubt me, Minseok?" Yixing asked. His voice was low and rumbling. The king was perceptive. He knew of his advisor's incredulity to the situation. 

Minseok shook his head. "No, Your Highness." The last thing he wanted to be was on the king's bad side. Despite the years they have been together, Yixing would never cease to daunt him. 

King Yixing of Exact was hauntingly perfect. At the age of twenty-one, he claimed the throne and brought Exact to its current success. Under his rule, Exact thrived. There was no unemployment, no starvation, no sickness, no discontent. Over the years, the king had made Exact fully self-sufficient.

Though, everything came with a price. There were rules and expectations that the king demanded. It was clear that anyone who defied the king would face not only his fury, but that of his devoted citizens. Some revered him more than they did the Gods. 

Unlike the Gods, however, King Yixing was not forgiving. He was cruel when the occasion called for it. He was a perfectionist. He was cold and calculating. He was stubborn and controlling. There was always something about the look in the eyes that said, "I could kill you right now, and no one would even think any less of me."

Minseok felt a chill run down his spine at the prospect of Yixing even glaring at him. 

Yixing clicked his tongue lightly before walking out of the room, Jongin trailing closely behind. But before he stepped foot out of the door, he paused and looked at Minseok, his eyes dancing with an undecipherable emotion. It was a mix between threatening and amusement. 

"You've always been such a horrible liar."

---

It was early morning when King Yixing retired to his quarters. Discomfort was written on his face as he rolled his neck and pressed his hands to his waist. With great ease, he stripped his torso bare. He walked over to the cabinate beside his bed and opened the first drawer to reveal rolls of gauze beside a glass container. The king opened the container, which held a thick green ointment that smelled strongly of herbs and spices. He slathered the medicine onto his waist, feeling a cool sensation settling into his body. 

There were only four people in the world who knew of his affliction: himself, Jongin, his father, and the healer who had given him the ointment. The former king was ruthless, much like his son. He demanded for Yixing to be perfect, and never hesitated to punish him any time he failed to complete a task. As a result, the king had harmed his waist beyond the bounds of what any medic could cure. For the first couple of years, Yixing hid his affliction from the public before Jongin had found Jongdae, the healer who eased his pain. 

"Ah," he groaned slightly as his fingers worked the medicine into his skin. Afterwards, he wrapped the gauze around his waist, before collapsing into his bed. 

A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he allowed himself a few hours of sleep. 

"I'm Prince Baekhyun. You must be Prince Yixing. It's a pleasure to meet you." 

Those eyes. Those bright eyes that shined like the sun were looking at him. 

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" 

Warmth filled him. He closed his eyes to enjoy the feeling.

"Oh Gods! Should I get the guards?" The panic in the younger's voice was evident. 

Slowly, he opened his eyes, and this time, he was met with a worried expression. Prince Baekhyun was just like the stories he heard: bright, loving, warm. It was the first time they had met, and Yixing wondered why they never met sooner. Though, their current position did not bode well for a first impression. Yixing was slouched on the ground, leaning against the palace walls whilst Baekhyun crouched beside him. 

"No," Yixing found himself saying. "I'm fine." It was a half-lie. He was in pain. His waist was acting up again. But in the presence of the younger prince, he felt the aching start to dull. 

"Are you sure? I can get the guards." Baekhyun looked around the hall. He began to slowly rise. "They should be nearby-"

Yixing reached out to grab his wrist, halting his movements. "No. Don't." And his heart began to pound loudly in his chest. The feeling was so distinct and new that it scared him. The feeling of Prince Baekhyun's soft warm skin against his calloused palm was strange, but pleasant. "Don't go."

---

---

---

Thank you for the support! I apologize for any errors made throughout any of the chapters! I hope you guys enjoyed the update.