Chapter 3: Scent

The Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum couldn't quite place how he felt. He'd been quite shaken up after the strange series of events that took place this night. Despite the initial shock of everything that had thus far transpired, he felt drawn to Minho in a way that he couldn't quite understand.

 

A sweet scent filled his nostrils. It was thick and heavy in the air, but not so much so that it was overwhelming. Something about the smell reminded him of home, of safety. His body relaxed into the comfort now enveloping him. He exhaled a breath that he hadn't realized he'd been holding, and let all of the tension in his body leave him as he sunk comfortably into the couch closest to the hallway, of the two couches in his spacious living room.

 

"What is an omega?" He asked. Minho had called him that word, but he had not the faintest clue what it or any other strange terminology the blonde man had used meant. Though he was now in a much needed state of relax, he was still very confused and he wanted answers.

 

"I swear… this is going to be really hard to explain to you." Minho sighed. He rubbed the back of his neck in a way that suggested mild frustration and slumped down on the couch across from Kibum. After taking a moment to collect himself he looked Kibum dead in the eyes. Silence was heavy in the room for what felt like hours, though nothing more than 30 seconds could have possibly passed. Minho's expression was so intense and without falter that it left Kibum rather unnerved.

 

"You are one of us." Minho stated.

 

"I don't think so. In case you missed it earlier, I don't magically transform into a ing wolf." Kibum scoffed and rolled his eyes. This guy had to be joking.

 

"I am alpha." Minho responded, his gaze unwavering. Kibum's retort seemed to have no affect on the dialog he'd prepared. "The world consists of three kinds of people. Alpha, omega, and beta. Almost all people are beta. A small number are Alpha, and an even smaller number are omega. You are omega."

 

Kibum was about to snap another sassy remark about how Minho was being far too vague and none of this really made any sense still when the smell hit him. It was similar to the scent that had put him at ease not so long ago but it wasn't the same. This scent was overpowering. He froze. A cold sweat broke over his body as his heart thumped away at a rapid pace within his chest.

 

"Jonghyun is here." Minho said, perking up from his previously somber demeanor almost instantly. He left Kibum on the couch. He noticed the state the boy was in and decided to ignore it for the moment.

 

Almost as soon as he heard the lock unlatch Kibum let out an involuntary almost dog like whine and lowered his head into his hands. His heart palpitations grew increasingly as the scent filled the room. Vanilla, candy canes, and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, something like a long ago fondly remembered Christmas Eve's night that would never leave your memory. That's what this scent was. Warm and inviting, something that he truly unimaginably needed.

 

He looked upwards just slightly enough to see a large white majestic looking wolf transform into an equally majestic man. Minho once again locked the front door and then walked back into the living room with the other man following behind him.

 

Kibum couldn't even speak, let alone think at this point. He whined again, his body seeming to act of its own accord as he lowered his head further. He tried to stand but was instead brought to his knees. His legs were like jelly, totally incapable of supporting him in that moment. A hard sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter