Chapter 4: Claim

The Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum nodded slowly. Minho's words seemed blank and distant. He couldn't focus. He couldn't do anything but stare at the wall directly across the room from him and pray to god that the overwhelming scent excreting from Jonghyun wouldn't become any more unbearable than it already was. It took every ounce of his will power to not lay himself out in front of the man with his up begging to be taken. He resolved to just agreeing with whatever the two men told him to do, and taking a long, cold shower before he went to bed.

”U-Um.. you can sleep anywhere you’d like. I have extra blankets in the cabinet over there.” He responded after what seemed like ages, while gesturing weakly to the first door in the hallway that led out of the combined living room and kitchen space. “and if you’re hungry or anything there’s food in the fridge. I owe you for bringing me back home.” He added. Minho had carried him on his back from somewhere deep in the woods afterall. The least he could do was offer something to eat.

”Are you going to be alright?” Minho asked. He understood how powerful the pull of your mate could be upon the first meeting. The need for the alpha to stake claim was unbearable. Trying to ignore the carnal animalistic instincts of your inner wolf was something a beta couldn’t even begin to imagine or comprehend, and up until this point Kibum must have thought he was a beta. His entire world had just been flipped upside down and he was probably in a huge state of shock. Finding his mate immediately after everything that had transpired was far too much for a single night.

”I’m fine, I just really need some rest.” Kibum tried to smile, but all that he managed was a weak twitch of the lips. He really wasn't fine. Not really. He was growing increasingly desperate to let go of his composure with each second that passed them by.

After hastily bidding the two men goodnight he practically lept up the stairs two at a time and ran towards his bedroom. He was so thankful in that moment that it was located on the second floor, as far away from Jonghyun as he could possibly get without actually leaving the housue. He closed the door behind himself and let out a heavy sigh. The intoxicating scent that had driven him nearly mad was much more faint on the second floor, and once in his room with the door closed he couldn’t really smell it anymore at all. Thank ing god. 

He lit up an incense stick and some candles just in case any lingering whiffs of Jonghyun managed to make it up there and surprise him at some point. After a nice long bath followed by the cool shower he'd thought of taking earlier it didn't take him much time to fully relax into his bedding and fall asleep.

Kibum awoke in the morning, having nearly forgotten the previous night. He stiffled a yawn, sat up in bed, and looked out the window. It was then that everything came back to him. It felt like something was watching him fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter