Talk talk

Over Anything Else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note:

It's a boring filler chapter but I had to put it here. I'm so sorry. T.T

I also apologize for the slow update.

---

Yeonwoo had been staring at her screen for a few minutes now. She was playing with her mobile phone when she received a notification that Nancy had reacted and had left a comment on her photo.

She had been trying to think of what to reply to a simple “Pretty unnie! (heart eyes emoji)”. It was just a simple compliment but here she was, feeling like she was in a beauty contest, answering the Q&A. Her hands are getting clammy and her stomach feels like she had eaten something bad.

She was about to type a reply when another notification popped up. Nancy had liked another photo of hers. She tapped on the notification and the screen displayed her photo when she was in middle school. She had cheetos up her nostrils while posing like a magazine model. She laughed at the memory of her young silly self. She was living a carefree life, only thinking about how to obtain the latest manga or how to nap in class without getting caught.

But now, it's different. As she grows up, she learned that there are more to life than just playing around and having a good time. She learned to be responsible and to value the things she used to take for granted.

Yeonwoo closed her eyes briefly as she pulled herself together. She wondered if things would be the same if not for that fateful day.

After a while, she decided to send Nancy a message. She thought it wouldn't hurt to have a little fun. Her eyes flickered with mischief as she typed on her phone “Stalking me, eh?”. After sending the message, she resumed playing her game.

Maybe Yeonwoo was subconsciously waiting for Nancy's reply or maybe she was just checking her battery percentage but she had been checking her notification drawer every now and then.

A knock on the door startled her that she almost dropped her phone on her face.

A little riled up at the unexpected knocking, she answered in a strict tone, “What?”

The door opened slightly and her mother peeked her head in. She had a warm smile as she spoke gently, “It’s almost time for the movie.”

Oh, right. Her mother had asked her a few days ago if they could watch a movie together. She had been declining every attempt the older woman makes to patch up their relationship. That was until she accidentally saw her mother crying in their living room while looking at their family photo. The sight tugged at her heart that she agreed to the older woman's request a day later. To be honest, Yeonwoo was not holding anything against her mother nor was she blaming her. It’s just that she still needs time to fully accept how things came to be.

She tried to for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter