The overprotective fox and the curious bunny

Over Anything Else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note:

Never mind the title hahahaha.

I'm sorry it took a while.

Thank you for reading!

---

Rumors were spreading after the acquaintance night that Nancy was already off limits for the most popular boy in school, Kim Taekwoon, had already marked her as his girl.

 

Yeonwoo had heard of this and she couldn't deny the unknown feeling she had in her heart. She had been trying to figure out why her body had been reacting differently when it comes to Nancy but she came up with nothing.

 

“Yah, Nancy, why didn't you tell us that you and Taekwoon are a thing now?”, said Ahin as she munched on her sandwich.

 

“That's because we were not a thing.”, Nancy laughed softly. She looked down on her plate as she feels her face burning due to embarrassment. “I mean, sure I see him around campus but it was my first time meeting him at the acquaintance.”

 

“It was your first time meeting him yet you agreed to come with him that night?”, Yeonwoo couldn't help but voice out her thoughts.

 

Her cold tone made everyone stop what they were doing and looked at her as if she had declared that she wanted to become a president.

 

Nancy looked up at Yeonwoo and she shivered at the coldness from her eyes. Why are you suddenly intimidating, unnie?

 

Yeonwoo, who was brighter than the sun, as she describes herself, seemed to be darker than a moonless night at the moment.

 

She cleared and her dry lips before speaking, “I.. I thought he was a nice guy and it was just a dance anyway..”

 

Yeonwoo couldn't stop the burning sensation in her chest. She gritted her teeth before speaking, trying to sound as nonchalant as she could, “I heard that he goes from one girl to another and he even cuts classes. He's a bad influence, Nancy.”

 

“I'm just trying to look out for you.”, Yeonwoo quickly explained herself when she saw the doubtful look in the younger girl's face.

 

Just then, a tall young male approached their table. He placed a carton of milk beside Nancy's plate with a smug smile and Yeonwoo didn't like it at all.

 

She tightened her grip on her utensils as she give him the evil eye.

 

“Hey, Nancy. Do you want to come over to our table? We saved a spot for you.”, the corner of his mouth were turned up in one of his grins. He didn't even bother to greet nor look at the other occupants at the table.

 

Yeonwoo thought that was a little disrespectful, considering that she and Hyebin were seniors.

 

Nancy sensed Yeonwoo's eyes boring into her and she willed herself not to meet those dark orbs for she fear that she might become vulnerable under her intense stare.

 

Nancy was about to answer when Yeonwoo beat her to it. “Nope. She'll be staying here.”

 

Their friends were surprised when Yeonwoo suddenly butted it. After all, it was not in Yeonwoo's nature to get into someone else's business as far as they remember.

 

The boy turned to the owner of the voice, an expression of annoyance showed itself for a moment on his face before realizing who he was facing.

 

Yeonwoo stared at him with her infamous death glare, sending shivers down his spine and making him feel uncomfortable. He turned back to Nancy and spoke in a rushed manner, “I-I guess next time then. See you around, Nancy.”

 

 

Everyone was quiet for a moment as they tried to absorb what had just happened. Hyebin was the first one to recover from the shock, p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter