She was cool after all

Over Anything Else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was on break time that Hyebin decided to confront Yeonwoo about her unusual behavior. She had been observing her since the orientation and Hyebin swore something was different with her friend today.


 

“Yah, what’s with you today? You’ve been spacing out more often than usual. Is there something wrong?” Hyebin started her interrogation.


 

Yeonwoo, who had been poking her food thoughtlessly, turned her gaze to the pixie haired girl. “I am not. You’re just being paranoid.” Yeonwoo decided to dismissed it.


 

She was aware that she had been behaving strangely. She almost got into trouble when she didn’t respond quick enough when it was her turn to do her introduction. Good thing Hyebin elbowed her discreetly and saved her .


 

“I’m sure as hell we both know you’re not acting normal, Lee Dabin.” Hyebin had a worried expression as she asked carefully, “Did something happen at home?”


 

Yeonwoo’s family situation was not a secret to Hyebin. She had been Yeonwoo’s pillar of support at times when she felt so lost and wanting to give up.


 

Snap out of it, Lee Dabin. For goodness’ sake! Yeonwoo closed her eyes briefly as she took deep breaths in an attempt to get her head on straight.


 

She picked up her utensils and started eating as normal as she could, keeping her eyes on her food.


 

“Maybe I just lack sleep. I lost track of time while reading manga last night. I’ll be okay, Hyebin. Don’t worry.”, she forced out a smile, hoping Hyebin would let her off the hook.


 

Hyebin nodded and decided not to press the matter as she knew Yeonwoo would tell her if something really was up. Silence ensued between them as they finished their food before the bell rung.

--

Yeonwoo was taking her time walking home. She already parted ways with Hyebin a while ago when they reached the intersection.


 

Countless thoughts run through her head. Yeonwoo hated to admit it but she dreaded to go home at times. Home was supposed to give you a sense of security. It was a place where you should feel safe and loved.


 

Yeonwoo wondered what she did so bad in her previous life for her to have this kind of life.


 

Upon reaching home, Yeonwoo removed her shoes while softly announcing her arrival. She headed straight to her room and laid on the bed, not bothering to change out of her school uniform.


 

Yeonwoo thought of the events that had happened earlier. She smacked her forehead when she remembered that embarrassing moment when she had acted out of character.


 

The endless thoughts exhausted her and soon, she fell asleep.


 

--

A week had passed and Yeonwoo still found herself feeling awkward whenever Nancy was around. They had been sharing a table during break time with the younger girls’ friends, Ahin and Daisy, which Yeonwoo was thankful for. At least it felt less awkward when those girls do the talking instead.


 

Yeonwoo was about to step inside their house when she heard loud voices coming from the living room. She sighed and quietly sneaked out of house with a heavy heart.


 

Yeonwoo soon found herself walking towards the park. The sky was getting dark and as she gets there, the last kid playing, left with their guardian. She sat on the swing and looked up at the sky as the wind blows her hair.


 

It often happens. Her parents would argue about small things that would lead into a big fight. She was used to it but it did not mean that it had stopped affecting her.


 

Yeonwoo could not remember the last time her family

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter