Chapter 03

Peach Love

At Changmin's home

When Changmin came back to his home at night, Mr. Shim placed some files infront of him. It was best colleges detail list abroad.

Mr.Shim: Decide which one you want. It was Zhoumi who chose where to prepare on his own without my consultation.

Changmin: I won't go.

Mr.Shim: What?! Stop playing around. Don't you understand that I am doing this with you in mind?

Changmin: Isn't this for your sake?

Mr.Shim: What did you said?!

Changmin: Mom said it that I am fine the way I am.

Mr.Shim: She spoiled you too much. It was her error.

Changmin: Don't talk bad about mom!

Mr.Shim: She was worried about your future untill the end. Get a grip on your life.


Changmin was badly disturbed by last night talk with his father. He kept playing basket ball on his own. He left the court forgetting his phone there.

Kibum who was watching him went and picked Changmin's phone. She found Victoria's pic in it.

Kyuhyun was watching Changkyu date pictures in her phone. Kibum came and greeted her. Kyuhyun felt uncomfortable with Kibum.

Kibum: Kyu-kyu...

Kyuhyun: What?!

Kibum: Here. Changmin dropped this. Give it to him for me.

Kyuhyun: Okay. Got it.

Kibum: Thanks.

Kibum ran away from there. But Kyuhyun saw Victoria's pic in her phone.

At Party

Changmin kept starring at Victoria. Kyuhyun was talking to him, but she was ignored by him.

Kyuhyun: World of adults, it's amazing. Your older brother is really great. Chwang?!

Changmin: What?! Oh I remembered. Wanna go to the festival next week?

Kyuhyun: Okay. Fine with me.

Later Changmin left Kyuhyun alone and Victoria joined her.

Victoria: Kyuhyun-ssi where is Changmin?

Kyuhyun: He went to restroom.

Victoria: I see. Are you having fun?

Kyuhyun: Yes, I am.

Victoria: Wanna talk abit?

Kyuhyun: Okay. Victoria-ssi have you known Changmin before engagement?

Victoria: Oh! Durning his second year in middle school, I was his tutor. I guess that's where I first met him.

Kyuhyun: Oh!

Victoria: Somehow, to me he feels like my real younger brother.

Kyuhyun: Did something happen between him and his older brother?

Victoria: Changmin was always compared by both his father and people around him to his older brother Zhoumi. There was a time when he felt very desolate about that. He stopped going to school for a while. Afterwards, Zhoumi asked me to tutor for him.

Kyuhyun: He never told me this.

Victoria: That one time, I told him something.

Flashback

Victoria: Changmin, you are fine the way you are. It's true that you are different from your brother. That's why believe in yourself. Be honest to yourself.

Changmin: Okay.

End of Flashback

Victoria: He still has a complex over it. I might be partly responsible.

Kyuhyun: In what way?

Victoria: Last year, when my relationship with Zhoumi got worse. I stopped being Changmin's tutor. It was irresponsible for me. I didn't think about him at all.

Kyuhyun: What about him?

Victoria: Changmin left home. After that, even when he couldn't swim, he dived into the river.

Kyuhyun: In Han river?!

Victoria: Yes. Did you hear from him?

Kyuhyun: That...

Victoria: Excuse me seems like one of my friend is calling me.

Victoria left Kyuhyun. She was emotional after hearing things like this. Suddenly she spot Kibum with Zhoumi and she approached them.

Zhoumi: So you do modeling Kibum-ssi?!

Kibum: Yes,Zhoumi-ssi.

Zhoumi: Oh! How old are you?

Kibum: I am....

Kyuhyun: Bummie what are you doing here?

Kibum: The editor of the publication I work invited me. What's wrong?

Zhoumi: Are you guys friends?

Kibum: Yes, we are. Or so I thought but Kyuhyun is easy to get. She is a play girl.

Kyuhyun: Wait Bummie!!!

Zhoumi: It had be better that you think that if you say something bad it will bounce back to you. That's what Plato said whom I admire very much. Get along well.

Zhoumi left them smirking at Kibum. Both felt speechless.


Later Kyuhyun witness Changmin and Victoria sitting in stair steps and talking. There were laughing and Kyuhyun felt both match each other well. She recalled watching Victoria's pic in Changmin's phone.

Later on Festival day Eve

Changmin received a call from Victoria. Kyuhyun was on the way to meet Changmin. But she saw Changmin and Victoria travelling in a car. Kyuhyun felt so disappointed.

Some place else

Zhoumi: You wanted someone to accept you as who you are no matter who it was.

Kibum: Why do you know about me that much?

Zhoumi: I will accept you the way you are. I will accept everything about you. Wanna be happy together?

Kibum: What?!

Zhoumi: Let's make money together and live in Europe.

Kibum: That's great.

Zhoumi: I want you to be my business partner. Let's both chase our dreams together.

Kibum: Okay.

Kibum and Zhoumi hugged each other inside Zhoumi's car.


At night

Kyuhyun is still waiting Changmin loyally at Festival place. She choose a lonely corner. She received a message from Changmin

" Sorry. I couldn't get off from work. I will arrive a bit late."

Kyuhyun know that Changmin lied to her. She decided to leave. But Siwon approached her.

Siwon: Kyuhyun-ah...

Kyuhyun: Why are you here?

Siwon: I felt that if I come here, I would see you. Kyuhyun-ah I wanted to see you.

Siwon hugged Kyuhyun. Changmin rushed towards Kyuhyun. He ran towards her. Siwon and Kyuhyun was walking.

Changmin: Sorry Kyu, I...

Changmin spotted Siwon with Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun: You were with Victoria-ssi, Chwang?

Changmin: How you know?

Kyuhyun: It's fine. You don't have to force yourself. The one you truely love is her, right?

Changmin: You are wrong. You are the one I love Kyu...

Kyuhyun: Then, why did you meet with her?

Changmin: I went to convince her again that she should re think about marrying my brother. I want her to be happy.

Kyuhyun: That's what we call " love".


Siwon grabbed Kyuhyun's hand.

Siwon: I will treasure Kyuhyun.

Changmin: Then, why had you break up with her? Why did you hurt her? I thought it's fine because it was you. That's why I gave her up for you. Don't be so selfish.

Changmin grabbed Kyuhyun's other hand.

Changmin: Give her back to me.

Kyuhyun: I... love how you can be kind and gentle, Chwang. But, this might seem selfish that I only want you to just look at me. I want you to be gentle only to me. Aren't I the worst? But that's what I am.

Changmin left Kyuhyun's hand. Kyuhyun turned to Siwon.

Kyuhyun: Falling in love with me for real ?! I have had enough of being hurt and betrayed.

Siwon also left Kyuhyun's hand. She left both of the boys behind and went alone without turning back. She kept walking with broken heart, tears wetting her cheeks, silently sobbing.


Next day Siwon watched empty seat of Kyuhyun from his seat and Changmin watched empty seat of Kyuhyun from door. Both Siwon and Changmin looked into each others eyes.

Kyuhyun was roaming around the city. She noticed Kibum in a cafe drinking coffee with an old man. He gave money to Kibum.

Kyuhyun and Kibum decided to talk with each other.

Kibum: It's a job where I can earn money just by having lunch with old men.

Kyuhyun: Why would you do that?

Kibum: Isn't it obvious?! There is money in it.

Kyuhyun: Huh?!

Kibum: I will become Zhoumi-ssi's business partner.

Kyuhyun: Business partner?!

Kibum: That's right. Zhoumi is really amazing. He wants to create fashion business that will become famous worldwide. so that he needs a young woman like me.

Kyuhyun: Wait! But why you should go on a date with old men?!

Kibum: I must collect 20% of enterpreneurship fund.

Kyuhyun: But still...

Kibum: I like him. No... I love Zhoumi-ssi. Sorry, I am busy so I gotta go.

Kibum left Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun decided to visit Changmin to know about his brother's intention.

Changmin was making a special cream for his cake. Chef taste checked it.

Chef: It taste different. To be qualified for Clone de Patisserie, the orginality of the presentation is considered but the taste is more important. If you win, you are going France?

Changmin: Yes, I think so.

Chef: Good luck.

Changmin forced a smile. After his part time job, Changmin received a call from Kyuhyun on his way to home.

Changmin: Kibum?!

Kyuhyun: Yes. I think she got herself involved in something dangerous. Did you hear anything from your brother? Today, Bummie met with someone she doesn't know. I have a bad feeling about this.


Kyuhyun received a call from Kibum and picked up her call.

Kibum: Kyu-kyu help me...

Kyuhyun: Bummie... where are you?!

Kibum: In a hotel suite called Blanche.

Kyuhyun: What happened?

Kibum: I suddenly got attacked and was brought here. I am tied. He will be back soon.

Kyuhyun: Bummie... Hello...

Changmin: What happened?!

Kyuhyun: She is in danger.

Changmin: It's better if you don't come. She might be deceiving you again. If she was really in danger, she would call the police, you know?

Kyuhyun: She love your brother, so she probably don't want to bother him.

Changmin: Why would you go through this much length for her?!

Kyuhyun: Bummie is really genuine about what she feels for your brother. I may not be able to forgive her for what she done, but I don't want her to feel unhappy.

Changmin: I forgot. That was actually a side of you that I really loved. I believe you. Let's go together.


In hotel suite

Changmin and Kyuhyun reached and untied Kibum. Changmin wore Kyuhyun's uniform and laid on the bed. Kyuhyun wore Changmin's uniform.When oldmen arrived he was shocked to watch Changmin in place of Kibum.

Kyuhyun: Call the police...

Oldmen: No, please stop. Zhoumi and I have an agreement. He has a huge debt for making advanced contracts. He wanted to sell her to me.

Kibum: That's not true.

Kyuhyun: Bummie...

Kibum: Zhoumi-ssi ... he told me that we could be happy together.

Oldmen: That's a lie. All he is interested in is his own happiness.

Kibum: You are wrong! Zhoumi-ssi accepted me... he accepts everything about me!

Kibum ran away from them. Kyuhyun found her fainted in women toilet. They admit her in Victoria's hospital.

Victoria: Her injury isn't that grave.

Kyuhyun: Oh!!! Thank god.

Victoria: Ah!!! Kibum-ssi I am sorry.

Changmin: Why are you apologizing?

Changmin ran away from there. Kyuhyun followed him.


At Cake Shop

Mr.Shim and Zhoumi was enjoying cake together.

Mr.Shim: Delicious!!! At this age, I must be aware of my sugar intake. I wasn't ever good with resisting though.

Zhoumi: Appa please take care of your health.

Changmin came running towards them and Kyuhyun was trying to restrict Changmin.

Changmin: You bastard, how can you still be this much low?

Mr.Shim: What are you talking about?

Changmin: He is looking to pay off his debts with money obtained from false business and investments.

Zhoumi: No way, that's true. Don't make up lies.

Changmin: That's right, tell the truth.

Kyuhyun stopped Changmin hitting Zhoumi infront of his father.

Kyuhyun: Zhoumi-ssi deceived my friend and tried to sell her out for money.

Zhoumi: I know nothing about that. That's not possible.

Kyuhyun: Aboeji... you know nothing about Zhoumi-ssi, right? That's not only it. You know nothing about Changmin too.

Mr.Shim: What do you mean, Kyuhyun-ah?

Kyuhyun: Do you know how much he is aiming to become a patisserie?

Mr.Shim: Patisserie?!

Kyuhyun: I thought you know about his dreams?! He wanted to be like his eomma, so that he can make a cake so that his appa will eat and will say it's tasted really good.

Changmin: I think I failed badly. Didn't you say a while ago to me to satisfy you by joining a great university?!

Kyuhyun: Was today's dessert delicious?

Mr.Shim: What are you trying to say?!

Kyuhyun: That cake, Changmin made it. Isn't it Chwang?

Changmin: H-hmm I made it.

Kyuhyun: Aboeji, you were satisfied right?! Did his feelings reached you?!

Mr.Shim: Very well. It did. Your eomma too... I wanted her also to taste it.

Mr.Shim hugged Changmin.

Mr.Shim: I see that you have been studying properly on your own way. I am sorry. Zhoumi let's go. You have to explain everything to me at home.

When Mr.Shim and Zhoumi left, Kyuhyun hugged Changmin.

Changmin: Kyuhyunie... I am really sorry. That day, Victoria-ssi wanted to consult me about Zhoumi. That guy put her as guarantor of debt without her permission.

Kyuhyun: Why didn't you tell me that?

Changmin: I knew you were going to get worried.

Kyuhyun: Why not?!

Changmin: You are right. I am really sorry. I ended up hurting you. I am such an idiot.

Kyuhyun: Yes, You are an idiot. Pabbo Chwang, but don't push the blame on you.