Eight

Second Chance

Days after, Junghyun is discharged from the hospital, Yeri’s household is totally busy welcoming him, he still needs 3 weeks bed rest for recovery. And with that Yeri's life started back to normal slowly.

Jaebum and Seoyeon is having their new life so does Yeri and Jungkook. The guy is here everyday, he doesn't spend times with her, he only play some video game with Junghyun, talk to him, and helping him with his study. He’s becoming a part of her family at least, even though her parents still treat him in such a weird way because they actually still feels guilty about what happened.

There was one night when Yeri overheard the conversation between his dad and Jungkook, looks like he’s still having this guilty feelings to Jungkook so he told him everything. From his relationship with his dad and his mother, how he manage to bring them together, and how he knows about his life and about how much he regrets what happened and feeling sorry to him.

In her personal judgment, Yeri thinks what her father did is far from a mistake, all of them were young and who knows abt what will happened on their life, and if Jungkook's dad wasn't getting married with the woman he introduced to him then Jungkook will not be here.

But judging from Jungkook's personality, Yeri thought that he'll actually angry and dissapointed with this, with his dad, he is not the most patience person out there, and for how messed up his life after his mom left, it's actually understandable if he's angry to her dad.

But reality is different, he is not angry at all..

"If there's anyone to blame, it's noone else but my mother."

That's what he said.

"I probably won't know about it if you're not Yeri's boyfriend."

"You will met with my father through your business, and you'll still know in the end. Can i ask you a favor for not telling Yeri about this?'

Why? Why he doesn't want her to know? It actually makes Yeri feels really bad knowing that Jungkook is probably not trusting her enough for this matter.

"She already know. We told her everything."

Jungkook looks extremely taken aback with that, but that's it, even after he learn that Yeri knows everything, from his past, his mom, and their parents's story, he never talked to Yeri about this. Not even once. She thought that maybe asking him and forcing him to talk will hurting him even more so she pretend to know nothing. It's absurd to do this, when both of them is aware about what is happening.

***

"You can stop visiting Junghyun right now, he's fine and his friends always gather here too, you don't need to worry."

It's the fifteenth days for Jungkook to coming back and forth to her house for visiting Junghyun and becoming part of her family.

"Why? are you afraid that he'll like me more than he likes you."

Yeri is not responding to his joke and only give him a quick smile.  

"Are you busy tonight?" She asked him irrelevant question instead.

"No, i don't have class tomorrow, but i still need to handling out a few assignment, finished it already though. Why?"

"Can i come to our house, I'll sleep there."

He doesn't looks flustered or anything hearing that, even though Yeri feels like the stupidiest person after saying it.

"Ok. I'll wait outside." And Jungkook is leaving her just like that.

Yeri told her parents that she's going out with Jungkook, she doesn't say about staying with him till tomorrow, she planned to let them know if it's actually happened for real. There are so many things she needs to settle down with Jungkook and everything is important, it'll be uncomfortable to talk about it in a place where people can heard because she will just told him a lie again .

"Did you tell your parents?"

That's the first question Jungkook asked to her when Yeri get into his car and put her backpack on the backseat.

"Yeah..they know i'm going out with you."

Rather than nervous about staying with him all night, Yeri is even more afraid with how things turns out after she told Jungkook everything, what she wants from him, and what she wants to know about him. Would he pushed her away just like what he did to Seoyeon because Yeri is demanding too much story from him? The possiblity is there, the chance is high and if that happens she already made up her mind to not feeling bad about it . If Jeon Jungkook want her gone, then she'll go.

"What are you going to do in my house though?"

That question sounds genuine and he really sounds curious about it.

"I just want to talk about a lot of things, so i need lots of your times."

Jungkook seems aware to where Yeri is leading this conversation, so he stopped talking and, they're drowning in silent until they arrived.



 

"You can sleep at the guest room, food is free, enjoy your stay."

He's avoiding her for sure, it's only less than 5 minutes after they reach his apartment and that's what he said to her. Ridiculous.

"You know the reason i'm here is not to become your guest."

“But i want to treat you as one, do you have a problem with that?"

He's entering his room and left her after that. Maybe what Seoyeon told her is true afterall. He does pushed people away and he shut everyone out. Yeri hate people like him the  most. Helping someone will only work for people who want to get helped, Caring for someone will only work for people who want to be cared, and both is not working for people like Jungkook.


Yeri is already on her third box of milk, and she already finished one pack of choco puff, but Jungkook is still not coming out from his room. She decide to turning off the tv and stop eating, maybe he’ll thought that she is already sleeping like this.
She's laying down at the couch, staring at the ceiling, thinking about how fate really played with her life for the past few months. Not long since she decide to do this, Jungkook is finally coming out from his room, looking surprised for finding Yeri is still here.

"I knew it. You're avoiding me."

"No, i'm not."  He’s walking straight to the kitchen opening the fridge and taking out a bottle of water.

Yeri is coming to him, while taking her left over snack.

"Seoyeon told me about it. I'm not even surprised anymore."

"What do you mean?"

He left the kitchen and walking fast to his room but Yeri stopped him, she hold his onesie pajamas really tight, and Jungkook can not escape from her grip.

"You're pushing her away because she want to know about your life."

"I wasn’t pushing her away. she left me because she thought i didn't love her and care for her enough."

Yeri is letting go of him and now he decide talks to her, standing in front of her, annoyed.

"It's not true. She wasn't craving for more love or attentions from you, she just want your trust, and you failed to gave her one."

He is now looking interested with what she said, and started to take a sit in one of the couch in front of Yeri.

"I didn't, she is the one who failed to gained one."

"That's because you're shuting people off, they tried their best for you, but you pushed them away..”

"Are you seriously arguing with me by using something you heard from Jung Seoyeon? she's the one who ruined your perfect life."

He's right, but she can not do anything when she feels the same way like how she felt about him.

"No, she's not. I don't even care about her or Jaebum anymore, you are the one who's ruining my life right now."

"You speak nonsense, just go to bed."

"Nothing is makes sense to me anymore. Do you know how i felt when i knew that my parents is actually one of the source of your misery? “

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

Yeri doesn’t know his reason so this is just sounds like Jungkook is doing some stunt to degrading her value as people who close to him. And she hates it.
 

“I was thinking what if they’re the one who makes you  got scared of dark place, they’re one of the reason for a ruined life of a young boy but they continue live a happy life,  unaware about what happened to you and your dad because a small gesture they did in the past?"

Screw it. Let's end this for real, Yeri is already tired with all the pretending. Jungkook and her is tangled in a damned destiny, that's the fact.

"It's not their fault."

"I think so too, why would my parents at fault for what happened to your life.."

"Then..that's it, we don't have anything to talked about anymore. It's all in the past."

Jungkook is cutting of her words and Yeri is totally upset with this conversation, she's crying right now. It's always exhausting everytime she needs to deal with him.

"But..what about me? what about us? it's bad enough for me to knowing about our parents's past but it's even worse when you're ignoring my existence and hiding all your troubles and how your felt from me."

Jungkook is still not saying anything and Yeri knows that he is also as confused as her.

"Let's say that i failed to gained your trust, then you should pushed me away like what you did to Seoyeon, making me angry and uncomfortable, so i could know what you want..you want me dissapear."

Yeri is walking closer to him because Jungkook really need to deal with this matter as soon as possible, she doesn't want him to runaway again, she grab his hand, it's cold.

"But what's with becoming an angel for my brother and sister, what's with all those smile and care you give to my family, what's with making me happy and giving me comfort everytime i have a hard time.."

It’s really hard for her to said that, but she did..

"I never want you to dissapear.." His voice came out really weak, Yeri can barely heard it.

"Then why don't you try to make me stay.."

Jungkook seems loss at words when Yeri says that, he's doing nothing but staring down at her with those big, dazzling eyes rather than intimidating like usual, his eyes becoming sad.

If she doesn't want Jungkook to get hurt, that means she actually care for him, right? Not as a fake boyfriend, or a simple enemy, but something so much more than that. Right?

Jungkook bring Yeri closer to him, he's resting his chin on the top of the her head, and linking one of his arms on her waist. She was hesistate at first but this this is feels like a total comfort for her and all the uncertain feeling just gone like that.

"I'm doing this not for the sake of hurting others, I'm doing this because i like you."

She talks to him while smiling before she kiss him, technically for the first time. She can see a little smirk from Jungkook while he’s kissing her. And Well, she totally lost this fight. Fight with Jungkook, and fight with herself.

"Right..I still need to tell my parents about me staying." Yeri pushed Jungkook away from her when she remembers, it's already so late and her parents doesn't know about her staying here.

"What? Didn't you already told them?"

"No. I told them i'm going out with you."

She reach for her phone at the small table in the living room with Jungkook following her looking unamused.

"Don't give me that look. They won't allow me to be here after what happened on the day Junghyun got hurt."  She threaten Jungkook  with her gaze while using her phone to call her father.

"Give me that. I'll talk to him."

He takes Yeri’s phone from her hand quick. Yeri knows the phone is connected right now, because Jungkook is walking away from her and talk outside at the balcony. It's good that he's the one who will do the talking because Yeri actually don't know what to say to them.

"I'm taking her home right now."

That's the only thing she heard when Jungkook is back inside.

"What's going on?"

"I'm taking you home right now."

"What? Why? I'm not even a kid. Let me talk to him"

Yeri is trying to takes her phone back from Jungkook but he's hiding it behind his back.

"He doesn't know you're here. I told him we're having a dinner right now and i'm taking you home."

"But..why did you do that. I told you i want to talk, i have so many things to ask..."

She's dissapointed indeed.

"Slowly. I know what you want from me..but i can't do it in a quick pace. It's not easy, please understand.."

He is begging and that means he's serious with this. Yeri take a deep breath, because obviously it won't be easy for her too.

"Fine."

She’s packing up her bag, takes her stuffs from guest room including few pair of clean clothes and her toiletries travel pack.

"You can leave that here."

" Nope. I’m not leaving my things behind that easy..”

It's a sarcasm of course. And Jungkook is also notice it, he is laughing at her now. And when Yeri is done with the packing, he's coming to her, giving her a back hug and well.. It's certainly feels more real and natural now.

"That's not what i mean."

He talks while whispering close to her ears. And it's enough to makes Yeri turn her face to him.

"I understand."

In fact she doesn't, because what's so hard from talking about this. But she knows sometimes you need to compromise and adjusting yourself in a relationship, just like what she did with Jaebum. Even though at the end she’s becoming adjusting herself to him too much and ended up with zero value in front of him.
 

"And..you know...i hope you're not doing this because you know about my life story. I don't need you to feel bad for me."

Meanwhile about that, is Yeri knowing Jungkook and her parents's past affecting her decision to accept his feeling? probably.

But the overall thing is Yeri likes him long before she learned about it.

"You don't neeed to worry, you don't need to feels wary about my feelings to you, i'm always treat someone i like, really good, you can ask Jaebum about that."

It's true, no matter how Jaebum treat her, Yeri always try her best for him. That's why people called her stupid and dumb.

"I'm still angry hearing his name from you like this."

"Why? because he beat you up?"

Yeri still feels bad about that incident to be honest. Looks like Jungkook already sacrifce lots of things since the beginning of their encounter, she just failed to see it.

"No, Because the way he treat you."

Let alone Jungkook, even Yeri is still angry about what happened with Jaebum and her.. but she is ok now. If Jaebum can start a new life, she can do the same thing too.

"I don't want to talk about it." She give Jungkook another kiss and he looks content with it.

"I'm sorry."

He hug her and patting her back while saying that. He is like a total sweetheart at times like this.

"I'm sorry too."

"For what?"

"I don't know, for everything i said and i did to you. Some of it was probably crossed the line and..."

"There's one thing that you said to me and it was really giving me a hard time."

One thing? more like many things. Yeri look at him, demanding him to elaborate more with what he claimed.

"You know that night..."

Yeri is taking a few step back from him, she knew he'll be saying this for the sake of teasing her.
At least that's what she thought.

"I wasn't on my right minds back then..i didn't mean to treat you like that.."

"Not what you did, but what you said..you told me something about proving yourself to Jaebum that trash, I really hates it, seriously."

Yeri remember it of course, that night, what they did, what she said..

"Don't ever treat someone as something more worthy than yourself, even if that makes you happy. I won't judge what you had with Yoon Jaebum before all of this, but i don't need that from you."

He looks so genuine and serious when he tells her that, it really makes Yeri feels grateful to him, so she is not saying anything but nodding her head to him, with teary eyes because she feels so touched.

And slowly she can understand why Seoyeon was demanding so much from Jungkook and why she doesn't want him to get hurt.