Twelve

Second Chance


Yeri eat a lot despite italian food is not her favorite, but since the conversation she has with Junsu and Junghyun really makes her happy and hungry, she’s really enjoying the dinner.


Not only she’s happy with a chance for learning about Junsu, Junghyun, his brother feels like a new person for her too, it feels like forever since both of them could talk like a friend instead of a sibling. She's really happy with the situation.

"My family moved to Norway."

Junsu begin his story and the reason why he left them back then. Yeri doesn’t mind if he doesn’t want to talk about it immediately, they just met again after a long time. But looks like, it’s not a bad thing for him, he looks so happy teling Yeri and Junghyun about this.


"I live in Seoul with my grandma, my dad was staying in some other place to receive a treatment for his disease, so that's why i couldn't bring both of you to my home when we were a kid, because my grandma don't like it."

Yeri and Junghyun is nodding their head listened to his story, well..it's totally makes sense, the reason why he never let them visit or play at his home, back when they were a kid.

"And how's your father?"

"He's fine and healthy, he got married with a really nice woman and he's happy npw. I got a new family."

Yeri still remember story about Junsu’s dad, he got sick right after his mother died when he was a kid. She didn’t understand his story and his pain when they were young, because she never thought about living without a parents. It always sounds like a lie everytime he told a story about how his mother died and how he missed her. But as she’s growing up and after she manage to heard a life story like Jungkook’s, she can totally understand that is life is not kind to everyone.


"Everything turns out great, so that's why we're back."

"oh..so your whole family is here?"

"No, only me and my mother, she'll be back in a few months, and i'll probably stay here until i get bored."

All of them spend hours talking about their past, present, and future life. It really feels like a healing for Yeri, after so many months of complicated daily life, it feels like everything back to a rightful place.

 



 

After that day, Yeri feels like the happiest person on earth, she’s happy with how her life progressing. Her relationship with Jungkook is really really good, they’re doing everything like a normal couple, like they’re not fake dating before this, like they’re not tangled in a complicated fate and like Jungkook is never had a painful past which caused by her parents. She’s doing everything with him in a really ordinary way. He’s busy for the past few months, but Yeri still manage to spend some times with him.

And thanks to Junsu who is back to her life, she also never feels bad anymore about not having a friend, people in college is still being wary to become her friends again but she is fine, because she could spent times with him and Junghyun to play and talks as a bestfriend, visitting places they usually used as a playground, like the old times.

Today too, Yeri, Junsu , Junghyun and Chaeyeon spend all day in an amusement park, playing and enjoying their time. She would take Jungkook with her, but he is still busy for his final project. And she’s actually not too eager to do that because even after few months, Yeri is still not telling Junsu about having a boyfriend, she doesn’t care if he asked about it to Junghyun, but she think it’s not necessary for him to specifically know about it, she feels like sometimes she needs an escape from her relationship with Jungkook, and it’s not because of him, it is because of her who feels the needs to be with him all the time and she’s afraid if Jungkook feels the same way like Jaebum before, becoming tired of her.

 

After the amusement park journey, They continue their agenda with drinking together, playing games and coming home really late. A perfect life, where she surrounded by people she like the most. She is so grateful for this life.


***


Last night was fun, Yeri fall asleep at dawn after she became too tired for playing and talking too much. She remember sleeping next to Chaeyeon last night but she is already gone this morning. It's only Yeri who's still passed out on her room.

"Jungkook is here." Her mom is coming to give Yeri a glass of lemon juice while telling her about her boyfriend.


"Really?" She let out a huge smile because she's not expecting him to be here at Sunday morning, after a rough work for his final project.

"I already told him to came up here."

"What? why? i just wake up and i was drunk last night."

"Not my problem." And she just left like that.

Yeri is trying so hard to gets up from her bed, to not scared Jungkook with her messy situation after having too much fun last night, but it’s too late, because he’s already standing in front of her door.
He looks so good, as usual.

Back when she first met Jungkook, a week without seeing him feels like heaven. Meanwhile right now..let's just say the table is already turned.

"Did you sleep with someone last night?" He’s walking inside to her room and Yeri is sitting on her bed now, trying so hard to looks fine in front of him. He's staring at her clothes on the floor and an extra pillow on her bed, it was used by Chaeyeon.

"I did." He is laughing at her when he finally take a glimpse of how messy Yeri is.

"You're not doing something wild and crazy while you drunk, right?"

“If wild and crazy thing that you means is how I behave that one night at the party, then the answer is no" She told Jungkook to sit close to her so she can see him better, but he's shaking his head. He choose to stand near the door.

"I'm sick, i got caught with a cold and fever.

"Really?" He probably worked too hard for the past few months, and his body can’t handle it well, she’s worried, so she came to him and from a closer look, instead of looking good, Jungkook looks really tired. She use both of her hands to touch his face, and he's right, he has a fever.

"You should told me earlier, i'm really good at taking care of my sick boyfriend. You could ask Jaebum if you don't believe me."

Jungkook only responding her words with a smile. Yeri feels bad to him, he's probably the boyfriend that suffers the most from what she's doing. She got angry at him so many times, so much more than she ever did to any other boyfriends she ever had. She's also taking care of him less than the others.

"I came because i already done with my work."

"You worked hard."

"And also, i want to talk with you."
Yeri is always feeling nervous everytime he is getting serious about a conversation.

"What is it?"

"About something you should know a long time ago.."

Yeri doesn't understand how she did it, but she knows exactly what Jungkook means right away. Because this one thing is always the one that she wanted to know, but he keeps avoiding it everytime she asked, and at one point she’s getting tired of asking him that.

"What is it?” She act like she doesn’t know for some reason.

 

“You know..that night when I scared you, coming to you in such horrid situation, when I was drenched in the rain..you kept asking me about it..”

He talks while looking down, and sometimes biting his lips. It was not a good memories recall for him.

 

“What happened?”


"It's a..my mother is here, i found out about it that night."

Unexpected. Yeri already guessing the messed up Jungkook happened because something regarding his family. But she never thought that his mother will be back, not right now when it's been more than 10 years since the last time Jungkook see her. It’s too cliché.


"How did you know that?"

"Someone told me that she's visiting our old house back in Busan..she's so shameless."

This, Yeri doesn't know how to deal with this. She is also surprised about why his mother suddenly back after all these years, but the fact that she's actually searching for her old house speaks a lot according to her. She started to think that what she did to Jungkook’s life is not horrible, she probably has a reason to leave. Yeri want to told him that maybe his mother is back for good, but seeing how hurt and ruined Jungkook that night, she choose to not say it. She doesn't know how he's living his life, she has no right to tell him what to do.

"I'm really not the best person for you to talked abt this.."

She ended up giving him a hug to at least making him feels a little bit better despite the confusion she experienced.

"I know, but i still want to talk to you."

"I wish i could help."

"You're helping."

***

Jungkook take an hour nap before he's going back home. He refused the dinner offer from her parents because it turns out that his condition is quite bad and paying a visit to a doctor is necessary, Yeri want to stay with him of course, maybe living in his home for a few days until he gets better, but again.. it’ll be quite burdensome for him so she’s holding back. She let him go and wish for him to get better soon.

So tonight, it's only Yeri together with her mom and dad having a family dinner, since Soohyun and Junghyun is having a dinner with Chaeyeon outside.

Being left alone with them, and after her talk with Jungkook earlier, She becomes really curious about his mother, What kind of person she is, how old she is, what about her family, is that possible for her to went missing, someone must be searching for her, right?
She always try hard to toning down her curiousity regarding this matter because she doesn’t want Jungkook to feel she’s being too intervene with his life. It'll just makes everything more complicated than it is.

"What happened?" Seems like her dad is paying attention to her, so he asked what's going on.

"Nothing." Yeri give him a smile and continue to eat her dinner quietly.

"How about your plan?" Now it's her mom, asking her random question.

"What plan?"

"Your vacation, you're going with Jungkookie right?"

That plan..she was excited, but after this morning, she doesn't know anymore. Is he even in a mood for a vacation and letting her to bother him in his hometown where his long lost mother was seen…


"I don't know..nothing is changing so far."

"You don't need to go, if you don't want to."

She's a little bit taken aback when her dad saying that words. What does that even means...It sounds like he judged Yeri as being forced to join the vacation.


"We never have any intentions to bring you together with Jungkook as a couple or even more than that.."

"But he is already my boyfriend, even before you bring him to me."

Yeri is taking a glance to her mom, who's trying to makes her dad stopped talking. Seems like something is bothering them too, about Jungkook.

"I heard his mother is coming back."

So..she’s not the only person who knows about this..kinda dissapointing to be the last person who knows this, but she’s sure, her parents didn’t hear this news from Jungkook. If it takes months for him to let her know, it’ll probably needs more time for others.


"How did you know?"

"Listen..you don't need to get stressed about it. I already told you to not treat our past as your burden."


This talk again..

"Didn’t he already told you? what happened to his life is never your fault or mine.."

Yeri doesn't know what she's getting worked up over this thing.

"I know. But if you care for him and stay with him because you feels responsible for what we did..then don't..you deserved your own life…"

It's offending, Yeri knows there are some affection from his father while saying it. But it's seriously offending, he really thinks her as an immature kid who can not even has a control of her life.

"You're totally wrong on this."

Yeri leaves her parents and abandoned her dinner because she's annoyed. She jus doesn't realized, the reason she is mad at him was because part of her feels like she's getting caught. Her dad was right, She did stay with Jungkook because she feels bad for him.

Yeri is staying in her room, packing some clothes to her backpack. She’s doing it as an impulse, and she just want to see Jungkook right now, away from her parents who doesn’t even believe her.

"Kim Yerim, open the door!" It’s her mom.

She's not opening her door until she finished with packing and holding her bag with both of her hand.

"Come on? running away? are you back to your teen again? this act is totally irresponsible."

"Dad is wrong about me." He is her father of course.

"It doesn't matter if you loves someone because you feels bad for the person, i got married with your father because i feel bad to him.."

"But he makes it like it's not a good thing."

"It's his own opinion, you could make your own."

"I don't think it's good either. I don't want to care for someone that way."

"Then don't think like that."

It's confusing, Yeri doesn't know anymore..

"I’m going to see him."

Her mom looks really annoyed right now, but she can't help it. She needs to making sure by herself.

 

***

Yeri is already in the lobby of Jungkook's apartment. She doesn't even know what kind of answer she's expecting from coming here, but at least she needs to see him first.

It's already dinner time, so she bought a few packs of bento from Jungkook's favorite food truck near his place. She also bring some medicine from the pharmacy. And when she finally arrived, Yeri decide to enter the house without a knock, she already knew about his password since long time ago.

 

Yeri is entering the house, and walk slowly, afraid if Jungkook will get bothered with noises coming fom her. It’s only a few steps for her after entering the house and now she’s literally in shock. Yoon Jaebum is here, sitting at Jungkook's living room, sitting on the couch where he and her used to trash talking him.

"What are you doing here?" He look surprised seeing Yeri here, but he also looks happy with the situation, there's a smile on his face when their eyes met.

"Waiting."

"You're not doing anything bad to him, right?" Yeri remember what he did to Jungkook long time ago when he punched him and hurting him, so it’s not wrong for her to be suspicious of him, she is walking to Jungkook's bedroom really fast but Jaebum stopped her.

"He's with Seoyeon."

Yeri is confused, She is really hoping that she's having a hearing problems and that's not what she heard. Are these people serious?

She choose to ignore him and what he said, she stopped in front Jungkook’s room, she already spend so many times there so she know he usually left the door opened no matter what happened, and she’s right, she can take a glimpse to what is going on inside because of it, and it really is Seoyeon in there, staying with him. She have a few medical equipment on her hands, looks like his plan to visitting a doctor earlier is already changed to let the doctor pay a avisit for him. Ridiculous.

"And about your mother..."

Yeri feels all of them, including Jungkook is playing with her right now when she heard what Seoyeon said to him. So she knows about his life story too, then why it is so hard for him to let Yeri know?

It feels like a betrayal, not only from Jungkook but also from Jaebum and Seoyeon. Yeri doesn't have a will to involve with them right now. So she choose to give the food she bought to Jaebum and leave.

"I'll tell him, you came over."

"Do tell him to not looking for me too."

"Where are you going? i'll take you there."

And it looks like Jaebum think the only one with sin here is Jungkook, he doesn't seems to grap the situation that Yeri is also hates seeing him here. He hold his arms and offering a ride for her. what a joke.

"Leave me alone."

She talks to him with a higher tone and louder voice than before. It makes Seoyeon came out from the room, and she looks surprised too when they met. This is really bad.

Yeri doesn't know what to say in this situation anymore, so she just walking fast to the door and getting out from that hell.

She is laughing as she came out from the building, making herself looking like a fool is really her special talent. She's having a hard time to understand what was going on. Jaebum and Seoyeon is her enemy and also Jungkook's enemy for almost a year..and how could she find them chilling in his apartment, one is treating him as a patient and the other one is sitting on his couch.
Are they planning this whole scam since the beginning?

This is worst than when she first find out about Jaebum cheating on her. This is one thousand times worse because it’s Jungkook, it was just few hours ago when Yeri was so happy seeing him, talking to him, and loving him and what now.
He laugh replaced by tears when she remember her reason coming here, and now she got an answer judging from how much she’s hurting right now, it looks like she's actually not loving Jungkook because she feels bad, she's genuinely like him not beacause of what happened in the past but because what they have together in the present time.

***

Yeri decided to call Junghyun for helps because now she has no place to go, not Jungkook or her parents, they have problems with both.

"Then where are you going to stay right now?"

She told him about her situation, not about the Jungkook's situation though, she just told him , Jungkook is sick and he can not have any guest including her.

"I don't know." She’s crying because she feels upset, and sad obviously.

"I'll come to you. Why are you crying? stop it."

Junghyun must be thought she’s crying because she feels upset with her parents, when reality is not.

Yeri purposefully pick a place to wait for Junghyun a little bit far from Jungkook's apartment, afraid if he’s actually out looking for her. He's already calling her for fifteen, maybe twenty times, none of it was picked by her.

She doesn't want to turn her phone off either because she want Jungkook to know that she is ignoring him right now. He sent him tons of messages too, but she doesn't bother to read it, everything is deleted immediately.

There is a chance of misunderstanding of course, it's always is. Even Jaebum called his affair as a misunderstanding, when Yeri clearly saw him making out with Seoyeon, twice. A misunderstanding is supposed to have a limit so people can at least, trust it, right?

Yeri feels a little bit calmer when she finally see Junghyun coming to her. He bring her some stuffs from home.

"You don't bring your car?"

"Mom won't let me. She even threaten me.."

Of course, she is.

"What did she say?"

"If you're going to help Yeri, then don't use any of your privillege as my son. She really looks mad, what exactly happened?"

Yeri feels thankful to Junghyun, he really did a lot for her, ever since Junsu is back to their life, her relationship with him is getting better each day. He feels like a long lost friend instead of a brother, they fight less and becoming more appreciative to each other.

"Then where should i go? I just need one night. I'll be back tomorrow. It's not like my rebel is useful anyway."

"We can take a bus to Chaeyeon's dorm. I already called her, one night is fine."

That is sounds like an ok idea. She's not really close with Chaeyeon and only met her a few times for the past few years she's dating Junghyun, but one night stand with her isn't that bad last night too.

"So, Jungkook hyung is sick?"

Junghyun is lying about the dorm being close. It's actually far from the main road and they need to walk for 15 minutes to reach there after taking a bus.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"He's dying, maybe dead by now. Can we stop talking about him?"

He is laughing at her now, looks like he finally get it.

"So you're running away from home, expecting a shelter from your boyfriend but you ended up fighting with him too? Awesome."

Yeri is not saying anything because she's not in the mood to explaining things to him.

"I like him. Jungkook hyung."

"Obviously."

"Don't you want to know my reason?"

"Because he's good at the game you're playing? because he's rich? I don’t know, you never liked Jaebum for the past 2 years even though he's richer than him."

Junghyun rolling her eyes, hearing her half-hearted guest for that question.

"It's because he changed you."

"Really?"

Yeri is kinda give him a teasing look because what he said is cringey and weird.

"Totally. Can you tell me when was the last time you're having a fight with your boyfriend?"

"I fought with Jungkook a lot. Like really a lot."

"I mean, your ex, not him..i know you fought a lot with Jungkook hyung."

Yeri is thinking hard to answer his question, well..before she find out Jaebum is cheating on her, she never have an actual fight with him.

"You won't remember, because you never have one. You're too lenient, especially to Yoon Jaebum. I saw so many flaws from him. He ignores you, he lied to you, you were angry for a few hours and then when he called saying sorry, you let him off just like that."

"I love peace."

"Are you becoming a peace hater, after you met Jungkook hyung? I seriously feels so relieved everytime i watched you with him, having an argument when you can talk to him back, asking a justice for your opinion, asking him to heard you and what you want, because really, you never act like that before. I used to think you're weak and beyond stupid while doing unhealthy relationship, but not anymore."

"Is he paying you to convince me? Jeon Jungkook?"

Junghyun is smmiling at her now, he's linking his arms on her shoulder and bringing her closer to him.

"No..but don't you actually agree with me? Remember that one time, when Jaebum was lying to you about being sick. You bring him food, medicine, and juice to his home only to find out that he's in the middle of nowhere, having a vacation with his friends.."

Yeri remember that day, she's angry and dissapointed too, but she thought pestering Jaebum about it won't do any good to her relationship so she didn't say anything. But then the same thing happened today too, She was visitting the sick Jungkook only to find him lying, and her reaction is totally different with what she did back then. Why?

"I used to get angry with Jaebum too, Jungkook is not special."

Yeri is still in denial, this is not true. She was not dumb.

"You’re probably get angry..right.. but did you ever tell him? Yoon Jaebum? Or did you just hide your angers becasuse you're afraid he'll come to hate you? You're a human not an angel."

"What's the point of this talk, really?"

Yeri feels a little bit annoyed because it feels like she's being judge really hard and the judgment is precisely accurate coming from her brother. She tossed his hand from her shoulder and staring at him, with teary eyes, she feels upset hearing this.

"I just said that i prefer someone who's honest, strong, can take a stand for herself, independent, and happy as my sister.."

He looks serious and genuine, it’s not actually annoying anymore.

"And when there's a person who could makes it happened, i'll probably thankful to him for the rest of my life. Just because you're the oldest daughter, doesn't means you need to always do some sacrifices in your life. You deserved your own happiness."
Yeri's teary eyes turn into a river, she's crying right now..she feels upset, sad, but also happy hearing these words.

"Am i going to die? why are you being so nice to me?"

She talks while laughing at Junghyun and wiping her tears quickly.

“I just thought you need to hear my honest opinion about you, we used to do this when we were a kid."

Yeri nods her head and feels like she is so lucky to have Junghyun around at times like this.

"Chaeyeon is here."

He's right, Chaeyeon is standing in fronr of the gate while waving her hands to both of them.

"If Jungkook oppa asking you about me, just tell him i'm fine and he doesn't need to worried. I'll take your opinion about him into my consideration, but right now..i'm just so dissapointed with him, and totally angry. So..don't help him with anything."

"What about mom and dad?"

"Just tell them the same thing, they'll understand."

 

***

Chaeyeon's dorm is actually really nice, comfortable, quiet, and clean, but despite the cozy condition of her room, Yeri can not sleep at all that night. What Junghyun said earlier is taking most of her attentions.

Yeri admits if someone called her relationship with Jaebum as something unhealthy, because honestly she is suffered enough. There are so many things she needs to sacrifice for the sake of Yoon Jaebum. If someone ask what her reason or motive for doing that, she would probably say love is the answer.

And compared to what she have with Jungkook for the past year, what she said to him, what she did, and how she treat him, calling him trash, making him suffers, all those insults he said to him, then judging from all of it, it is clear. Yeri doesn’t love him at all. She treat him so differently with how she treat Jaebum before. Just like right now.. She's just so dissapointed with what happened..sad, angry, suspicious, and embarassed.
How high is the possibilities of these three older, more popular senior is playing a game with naive girl like Yeri? Very high.

But then again, isn't it a little bit too much coming from Jungkook? after what happened? after they're dealing with their parent's past? dealing with a fateful encounter they don't even asked for?

 


***


One hour, Yeri only have one hour sleep. Chaeyeon looks really concerned when she see her after waking up.

"Do i look okay?" Yeri ask her a question and she shakes her head.

"Not at all."

"Can i sleep for one more hour?"

"Yes, you can just bring my key, and i'll get it from you at lunch time.

It's totally convenience that Cheyeon is studying at the same university with Yeri.

"Ok then, thanks."

Yeri is back to laying on bed, and close her eyes trying to get some sleep. Chaeyeon is not here anymore, she left her after saying a quick goodbye.

Being left alone, Yeri need to use an extra effort to sleep, and it get worse when she can heard a noise from the door, Chaeyeon is here again.

"Unnie!"

"What happened?"

"Your boyfriend is here."

Shouldn't put any trust to Junghyun. He does like Jungkook more than he likes her.

"He doesn't know you. Just ignore him."

"We met at the hospital, Unnie, i think he's going to recognized me."

"Do you think i should see him?"

"Well..he's already here, there's only one way in and out, he'll find you either way."

Chaeyeon is right.

"You can go then, i don't want to make you late for your class, i'll see him in a minute."

"I'll tell him that, if he asked."

"Thanks."

Yeri is packing her bag after did a quick shower and put a minimalist make up on her face. She spent almost an hour doing this, in purpose. To makes Jungkook bored from waiting for her and finally decide to leave her alone. Because she doesn't know what to do with him, she really needs some time before she decide what to do..because really, for now the only thing she has for him is hatred.

75 minutes, Yeri finally out from Chaeyeon’s dorm after more than an hour buying some time, bad news is, Jeon Jungkook is still here, he's standing near the security post, talking to the guard and stopped immediately when he see her. He looks tired, but still.. great.

"I thought Chaeyeon was lying.." His first words.

"You're the last person i want to see right now, you're aware abt that right? not Yoon Jaebum or Seoyeon, i hate seeing you."

"I know."

"Then why are you here? You have no consideration to me for doing this."

Yeri is trying hard to not attracting any attentions with crying or screaming. Having a fight is exhausting. She never did this with anyone before, being rude and mean to someone you loves out of anger. Only to Jungkook.

"I'm here because i have so many consideration to offer for you."

Everything he said will definitely sounds like an excuse, but then he still thinks so highly of himself. So typical of him.

"Listen, i only have one hour of sleep last night, i just saw my boyfriend together with her ex who was cheating on him..”

Jungkook is still not responding to her words with anything, there's no explanation or denial he gave her.

"And also..not to mention he is also hanging out with my ex boyfriend who was hurting me..it's so much more than makes sense if i don't want to deal with you right now. at all. So please leave me alone.."

"It's not like what you're thinking."

 

"I don't even know what i'm thinking right now. Just...let's talk later."
 

Yeri can heard a heavy sigh coming from Jungkook but he unexpectedly listen to her really well. He's not pestering or arguing with her like his usual self. And she’s thankful for that.

He takes his car keys from his pockets, means he already decided to leave. He was hesistate to come close to her before that, but he did, and seeing him from a closer look, helpless and exhausted is probably the best to describe his expression. He brave enough to kissed her forehead and now holding her face close to him.

 

"If you're willing to give Yoon Jaebum a second chance even after he did what he did then i deserved the same thing."
 

Yeri feels really annoyed by what he said, so he pulls her face from his hands quickly.
 

"Second chance is useless, Your words not mine."
 

And she left him..back to Chaeyoen's dorm. Crying. That was so messed up.

 



I'm going to update this story in quick pace right now..

so stay tuned.

thanks for reading <3