Nineteen

Second Chance

Yeri is back to her room for her phone, there are a few messages from Soohyun and her mom, they sent pictures of their vacation with few encouraging messages like, "don't be sad, eat a lot..”

It's funny because none of them told her to forget Jungkook or encouraging her to looking for others love story out there. Looks like they don’t want to let him go either.

"Can i use your computer?"

She heard a knock on her door and find Jungkook standing next to it. His face looks tired.

"Sure."

She is back to playing with her phone, replying Soohyun's messages and told her to have fun, and when she's done, Jungkook is watching her while sitting on her bed, he said he want to use the computer but he's not.

"Why?"

"I was going to play game using your computer because i feels so stressed..but I don’t know.."

"Is it because of me? because of what i said?"

"obviously."

He is laying on her bed again, it's only 9AM in the morning. Yeri take an empty spot next to him, and put her phone back to a little table at the corner of the room.

"Listened to what you said makes me realized that i did all of it not because i was ready to forgive and forget, i was simply doing  it because you asked me to."

He talks while making Yeri turn to him, he looks so confused and lost to be honest. She doesn't know this problem could affecting him like this.

"I don't actually think it's bad if that's what happened, but believe me..you did what you did not because of me."

"Why?"

"I just know."

She doesn't really like cuddling, especially in the morning like this. She just never do it with anyone before Jungkook, but she does now. There are so many parts of her are changing since she met him 10 months ago, from subtle thing like her habit to crucial thing like her personality. But that's her, the goody two shoes, simply and ordinary college student who’s easily drifted by others.

As for Jungkook, someone with the strongest mind set out there, it's actually hard to believe him if he said something like this. Like he's doing things he doesn't want to do because someone told him to, because Kim Yerim told him to. He’s always do whatever he wants, he's strict to himself and to others, he's someone who won't let anyone changed his opinion about something because that was his defense after having such remarkable past.  He's someone who stick with his abusive father when everyone told him to leave at the age of 13. It’s not easy to changed him.

"You're in the middle of underestimating yourself right now." He's continue talking with eyes are locking on her. Making her nervous somehow.


"What do you mean?"

"I had those times, long before this..when i was hoping to see my mother for one last time, asking her the reason she left me, open for an explanation..But i already passed that periode.. Like i don't even get hurt anymore i just don't care at all...but then you happened."

"Me?"

"I know you always hates it when i was talking about my mother with hatred, And i know you were trying to run away from me when i had a fight with my dad."

He knew about it? that's news for her.

"I'm aware that you’re disliking this part of my life, you're scared. And  i'm always trying to not giving you any hard time because of it..so i thought if i met my mother and try to letting go all my hurt feelings for her, you'll probably willing to stay with me longer and happier."

Yeri is getting used to this, making sacrifice and adjusting herself to what others needed. She did it for Jaebum, she did it for Junghyun and Soohyun as the oldest sister, she did it for her parents..but she never thought someone else will do that for her. Because she knows making sacrifice is not easy no matter how small it is. She never though she actually worthy for someone to doing this for her. She feels amused, fascinated and touched if Jungkook actually think of her so highly when she's lacking so much in front of him.

"Why?"

Jungkook is getting down from the bed when she did that first. He’s asking her a question as she's walking away from him and roaming her closet looking for something.

"Take this."

She's giving him a box, an old one..and he's not doing anything but take it while judging her.

"What is this?"

"A gift."

She has tears on her eyes as she talks and opening the box for him to see.

"I already stopped doing this since 5 or 6 years ago. I don’t know what this thing called, but i do wait for someone to have it. And you're the chosen one."

She try to hide her shaking voice and tears with childish tag line from her favorite book, but Jungkook noticed it and instead of laughing with her, he pat her back.

Yeri take the box from him and she's back to her bed, opening it slowly and doing it bring so much memories to her. Jungkook is following her and now sit in front of her also flipping a few dusty papers whose color is already changed.

"I wrote these since i was a kid.."

Jungkook take one paper and read what written on it out loud.

"I give my last pieces of cake to Junghyun because mom told me to. It was my favorite..crying emoji. what is this?"

He is smiling reading her writing from third grade, she still remembers it because that was one of the hardest sacrficed she ever did, back then when she was 8 years old.

"I wrote every one of these when i was sad, everytime i need to make a sacrifice for others. You know how i was a stupid girl when we first met right? I'm so getting used with adjusting myself for others to become more comfortable while giving away my own comforts. Dumb as you called me but i did that back then to make my self feels better."

He looks amused with what he heard, and now he's already on his fifth paper..

"You gave up your crush too?"

Yeri can not recall the event so she takes the paper from him. It was something she wrote in seventh grade.

" My friend likes this boy even though she knows i also like him, I'm not actually a shy person but my friend was, she always tell me how much she likes him everyday at school, so i though i'll just help her to get close with him.."

"And your purpose was? what was there for you? what you gained from it?"

"A happier friend."

"What?"

"Just like what you said, you did everything because you want me to be happy, right? It's the same for me too, i want a happier friend, a happier brother, a happier parents, a happier boyfriend."

"So you became dumb for Jaebum, so he could be happy?"

Yeri is pinching his hand a little bit hard because she's annoyed.

"Why you keep calling me dumb?"

"This is dumb."

Jungkook give her one of the paper, a pink colored and well decorated paper, Yeri remembers it the most.

"I give up my first kiss to Jaehyun, because my friends forcing me to do that."

She reads it out loud and she can't believe she wrote about it in such a weird way.

"That is so so so dumb." He slightly hit her forehed with his finger while saying that.

"Yeah? says someone who kissed me without my consent, twice!"

He looks slightly embarassed and wronged when she bring back the memoried of their old encounter.

"Well, anyway..i wrote it as a joke, do you see what i did there.."

She use her hands to pointing the bottom corner of that paper, she put a kissing mark in there using her pink lipstick she bought after pestering her mom about this. She was 14 years old.

"What was that..?"

"My friends did force me to do the dare, kissing the boy, but i did it because i want it. I liked him back then, I wasn’t dumb but an opportunist. I thought it was fun to write it like this, but turns out this thing could be weird for others."

“Then why did you wrote this if you’re actually happy?”

“Is there anyone who’s feeling good if their first kiss happened because of a stupid punishment from a game? The boy I kissed didn’t even like me.”

Jungkook nod his head and put the paper back into the box.

"First kiss, huh? 14 years old?"

"Don't get jealous.."

"I do get jealous. But not to that guy, I'm envy you.. I don't have story like that to tell you.."

Yeri lost her smile because she knows what he means, Jungkook only ever told her about his sad life, his problem with his dad. He gave her tips about living away from your parents at the age of 15, instead of talking about his first crush.

"We're just so different, i'm not getting used with this. I think you should just accept that me forgiving my mother for your sake is such a very big change for me."

"I know. That's why you're the chosen one and i give you this box.."

Jungkook is smiling at the sight of that box, there's more than 50 notes on it. She began writing it since 2nd grade till she was 15.

"I thought that i've already did such a great job while doing all of this, and..i deserved a reward, one day, when i think someone is care for me enough, loving me a little bit too much, i'll ask that person to fullfilled all of this for me. Giving me back things i sacrificed for others."

"And do you think i fit the criteria?"

"I don’t know. Do you?”

He is not answering her, but keep opening more paper to read.


"Is there anything extreme in here, like something expensive? I still need to find a decent job to do that."

Yeri couldn't even wish for a better man than him. She like him so much.

"No as long as remember. I wrote a roller blade when i was 10. That's probably the most expensive one. I gave it to my cousin."

"I can give you back one of these right now." Jungkook is done with the paper, close the box and put in on the floor after.

"What is it?" He takes a sit and told Yeri to come close to him while dragging her waist.

"That one. Your first kiss."

He holds her and start kissing her, happily. His mood is great she could tell it by the way their lips touched. He's not protesting when she throw herself to him and now she's on top of him laying on her bed. He just laugh it off and stopped after a great round of hot make out.

"Did you kissed him like that? At 14?"

"I didn't."

"Good. I was surprised." He give her one more kiss before left the bed and taking the box with him, going outside.

"Let's read this while finishing our breakfast." He looks so excited and cute carrying it with both of his hands.

 

***

 

Jungkook is not eating. He's busy reading every note on Yeri's box that she needs to help him with his food. Despite being happy and looks ok.. He still looks dead tired, his face is still pale and food is important for him.

"Did you not eating well when we had a fight?"

"I'm not the type who's torturing my self over a breakup with no eating."

"So you admitted that was a break up.."

He was being so firm about the break up was one side decision coming from Yeri last night. He lift his shoulder and ignores her question.

"I used to do it all the time in my last relationship. But not for torturing myself..i skipped breakfast, lunch and dinner because i was busy thinking about the reason to why they’re all mad at me."

"Really?" Jungkook looks quite surprised with that.

"Yeah, and i never get any answer..i don’t know where i messed up and what my mistake is..but for you, it was so much easier. Like..i know your reasons, you're mad at me because i deserved it not because you need an excuse to ignore me or taking a break from me."

"Yoon Jaebum sounds totally like a trash."

"He didn't. I am the one who made it easy for him to do all of it. I let him did that."

He looks annoyed when she stood up from Jaebum because now he's back to her notes and not respond to anything she just said. It’s her who hold his hands and talk to him again.

"I treat my self better. Thanks to you."

"And..i treat others better. Thanks to you."

He give her one smile after saying that, and Jeon Jungkook with a smile is beautiful.

 



 

Yeri spent her day together with Jungkook, read everything she wrote on her wish box, listening to Jungkook about his plan after college. Thinking how they should do the relationship now since he is no longer a student. He is already 22 years old grown up man while Yeri is still stuck in college.

She is also breaking her own rule she made regarding sleeping with someone on her room. She doesn't actually regret it..she just have to deal with the after effect later, being reminded with what she has with him everytime she spend her times on her room, memories of them being happy and stuffs when something bad happened to their relationship. It won’t be easy but she has no place to escape now.

She was really strict to herself regarding that rules, but now she thinks it's not a big deal . And she felt like she's changing too much and she doesn't know if it's a good thing or not.

"Why don't you sleep?"

It's 11 PM when Jungkook is finally wake up. He sleep for almost 3 hours. They were having too much fun all day, a little bit too much that it makes Yeri feels ashamed, too many up and downs on their relationship and she’s giving in too fast, she's actually scared the history with Yoon Jaebum will repeat itself, not because of Jungkook but because of her.

"I am not sleepy. I'll just watch you."

She use her hands to pat his , to helping him back to sleep because he totally needs it.

"Can i tell you something?"

But he refused to do so, he completely awake now. He's still not changing his position, laying on her stomach, hands hugging his pillow, eyes on Yeri,next to him, but his eyes is no longer half open.

"It's getting harder now." He talks nonsense, he probably sleep talking as usual, She looks at him confused.

"It used to be so easy, guessing your thoughts and what is in your head, but i can't do it as much as before, like right now, something is on your minds, bothering you but i can not pointing out the exact thing, i'm wondering if it's about me or about others.. "

He close his eyes again after saying that, and it does sounds like he's just babbling nonsense, but she also understand what he means.

"I think, i just..want to keep a little secret from you. It's actually not nice for you to easily reading my thoughts, i was being too open..and you're also in wrong for not pretending to know nothing. You should stop guessing my thoughts and let me thiking about you and our relationship in peace."

He is still closing his eyes and now there's a wide smile coming from him. He must be proud hearing that. Yeri also don't know how Jungkook has that ability, but he's really good, she almost can not lie to him even when she's not actually a bad liar.

"Good luck with that."

He bring Yeri closer to him, crushing her tiny body in a powerful hug, She likes it. It’s making everything feels worthy, Jungkook is worthy enough for her to do all of this..out from her comfort zone, out from her safety base.

It takes her not too long before she fall asleep, it was one of the most comfortable sleep she has for the past few weeks.

 

***


Another reason why Yeri dislike staying the night in her own room with her boyfriend is because she live with her whole family, parents, brother and sister. It's never a big deal for them, but it's quite annoying if they know what she's doing. Especially if her boyfriend is someone they adore to the moon and back, like Jungkook.

"So you're not actually..well..break up?"

That was the first thing she heard when she wakes up. Her bedroom door is closed but the conversation can be heard closely. Jungkook is gone and what she heard is not his voice, it's Junghyun's. She gets up from her sit, roaming her closet for a huge sweater and wear it quickly. She walks to the door fast and open it slowly, her eyes met with Junghyun's right away, because he actually stand in front of her room, while Jungkook is standing next to him. At least, he looks fine, with clothes on and everything.


"You're not."

She doesn't understand why Junghyun get so happy with the fact that Jungkook is here. He's so excited and even teasing her with that annoying look he has.

"Why are you here?"

Yeri is still have no will to came out from her room, so she just pop out her head and tallk to him

"Everyone is here. His father is also here."

She came out from her room to see the situation downstairs, and yeah everyone just came back from the vacation and just like what Junghyun said everyone is here.

"You're not going to ask me to hide or something, right?"

"I won't, it's no use."

"Then, i'll go to my father."

Jungkook is dragging Junghyun by his shoulder after told her that, and it's probably the most annoying thing she saw from him for the past two days. It's not a big deal for her parents but she will become so embarassed. After all that drama, all that sad song she plays when Jungkook is angry at her, all those recipe she learned to distracting the thoughts of him from her brain. It's humiliating.

It's too late to makes him stopped when she heard Soohyun's voice calling him.

 

***

Yeri choose to came down after washing her face, tidying up her room, and making excuses on her minds.

"Good morning."

She bump with her mom on the stairs, she looks so bright, the vacation is doing wonder to her .

"Hi.."

"Jungkookie is making breakfast, he told me, it's for you."

What a total brat.

"Really?" She give her an awkward smile, and her mom is walking to her ruffling her hair lightly.

"I seriously hates it if my daughter's happines is laying in other people's hand, i'm afraid they will use it to take control over you, i watched you for years, and i never think that could happened, that's why i never put a limit to you regarding what kind of people suitable as your friends or boyfriend..but he.."

"Mom, don't worry. I'm not seeing him that way, i was just…"

"It's ok, he looks like a good person, probably suit you the best, it's just my extreme concern."

And that is also her concern. Why so many things is complicated if it's about her feelings for Jungkook.


"So now you're trying to build an illusion as a perfect boyfriend in front of my family, huh?"

Yeri is walking down fast when she find Jungkook is still in the kitchen, making breakfast as he called it. Well..he is not bad at this, but it does feels weird seeing him doing this in her own home, with everyone is here.

"It's good. try it."

She’s standing next to him and following his instructions to taste the food, It's good indeed.

"Not bad."

"Do you want to live with him, Kim Yeri? "

She doesn't realized that her dad is near. He is holding one cup of coffee and talking with Jungkook's dad in the living room, it's few meters away from the kitchen but they can see everything.

She take a glance to Jungkook and he looks at her with a smile.

"Why? do you want it?" he’s asking her such question with chuckles and stuffs.

"No, thank you."

"I can totally let you go, if you keep behaving like this." Her dad is continuing his words and calling her over with a hand gesture.

"Behaving like what exactly? that question should be asked to him, i'm not the one who's making breakfast in other people's kitchen.."

She walk to her father, pointing her hand to Jungkook, she left him alone in the kitchen, doing his thing.

"Great comeback."

Jungkook's dad looks better to be honest, he looks happier and she feels comfortable with him ever since she talked to him at the hospital and taking care of him for awhile back then. It his first words to Yeri since the graduation day, two days ago.

"Thank you."

It feels good to have someone on your side, so she gave him a hug and..well..everything totally looks normal, for her and Jungkook

"I really want to talk to you at the graduation ceremony, but since you had a fight with my son, i feel like i should take his side and ignores you."

Right, It's quite dissapointing and embarassing to let everyone know that she and Jungkook is having a cold war. She never want to involve family on her relationship with anyone, but things already went too complicated. How high is the possibilities for your fake boyfriend turning out as your father's bestfriend's son? Fate is the only answer.

Yeri is sitting there for quite a while , listening to them talking about their business and their past. Both of them are still young to actually has a daughter and a son around Yeri’s and Jungkook's age. So she's not actually feels like listening to an old man talking, and judging  fromhow happy Jungkook's dad is, Yeri 100% sure, Jungkook is not talking to him about his mother.

"Why? do you want me to tell him?" He said that when she ask him about it.

"No."

"Do you want me to tell him  about her new family? about Junsu? about how much she was hurt?"

"No, i was just asking if you ever thought about telling him, why are you becoming so defensive.."

Jungkook is no longer making breakfast and now he's busy with her phone watching Soohyun coloring her book in front of tv. Both of their dad still having conversation, joined by Yeri's mom.

"Are you guys having a problem? You can not argue in front of a kid."

Jungkook was going to say something to her but Soohyun's voice stopped him.

Yeri can't defend herself because her sister is actually right, they shouldn't let their family see this side of their relationship.

"Sorry."

He said sorry to Soohyun, not to her. as he left the room, and it's honestly making her feels bad again.

She is not doing anything but stay on the couch, letting out a heavy sigh.

"You got into a fight more often than my expectation."

Soohyun is a kid, but she always has her own opinion over somethin, like right now.

"It's actually lesser than my imagination."

Not gonna lie, Yeri is amazed on herself to actually managing her relationship with Jungkook for this long. Behaving natural and ordinary, just like any other couple out there.

It is a fact that she actually cried more often with Jungkook than when she was with Jaebum, most of it happened because of their fight and how scared she is to lost him in a complicated circumtances. And if she looks back into it more, their fight happened because they're just totally different, both on personality and the way they see things. Their point of view for life is clashing almost everytime.

"But you looks brighter and happier with him. that's why i really like him,  he makes you happy."

"True."

Yeri gets up from her sit while pat Soohyun's head, it's true that she feels happier with him around, it's all worthy. Her tears and all those resentment and angers she gain from arguing with him is totally worthy, because she gained so much more than that. And not to mention that she’s going through her life in such easier way after she met Jungkook, she learned a lot from him.

"He left."

She is still in the middle of his walk to find Jungkook, when Soohyun pointing her hand to the window , his dad car is gone, and this is the bad part, she hates this kind of behaviour from him so much.

"Where is he going?"

His dad is actually still here, having a conversation with tea and coffee with her parents, so Yeri choose to ask him about Jungkook. All of them looks surprised becaudr she rather ask the question abruptly.

"We don't know, he's not saying anything."

It was her mom who answer her question. Yeri is tired from being angry so she just close her eyes, hypnotizing herself that Jungkook probably has reasons for acting like a jerk, even though deep down on her heart, she knows the exact reason is. He’s angry because she’s pushing him too hard regarding his problem with his parents.

 

 

***


It's almost dinner time, when she heard Jungkook's voice from downstairs. Looks like he's back with some kind of foods, becauseJunghyun and Soohyun sounds so excited. She burried her head to her pillow and close her eyes, she can heard a step getting closer to her bedroom. It could be anyone, but she's secretly hoping for Jungkook to be there.
"Kim Yerim, are you awake?"It's her mom. She's opening her door slowly.

"Oh..i thought you were sleeping."

"Is Jungkook oppa here?"

"Downstairs, we're having a dinner with food he brought."

Yeri is focusing her eyes to her door, when someone knocking on the open door twice. Her mom is also following her gaze, and there he is, Jeon Jungkook.

"She was asking for you."

She is not denying what her mother said to him, because that's the truth. She's also not saying anything when he is getting inside her room without being invited. He probably thought spend 2 nights in here giving him that kind of privillege.

"Should i leave?"

"Yes."

"No."

Jungkook and Yeri answering the question at the same time. Yeri said no, because she'll feels less annoyed if her mom is here.

"Well..i don't actually want to be here, so get down for dinner if you're done. Both of you."

She can't even say anything when her mom left her with him in such atmosphere.

"What is it?" She talks to him first, at least.

"You're sulking like a kid."

Jungkook is really annoying, she's not the one who left without words after an arguments and now she's the one who's sulking like a kid.

"and what about you?"

"I'm sulking like a kid too, obviously."

She hates it that he’s admitting to it so easy and confidence, so she's turning her face from him, staring at the window.

"Why we keep doing this? we're old enough to not dragging a fight in a ridiculous way."

"It was my fault."

He reach for her hand, and it's enough to makes her looking at him again. He does feels sorry, judging how his eyes becoming soft and he holds her hands tight.

"What were you thinking? leaving me, just because i said something wrong."

She pull her hands from his grip and use it to sweeps her hair back. They're an adult, they're doing everything like an adult except this. She’s never really bad at handling fight with a boyfriend before Jungkook, but why now..

"I was annoyed."

"Then tell me, talk to me.."

She can totally understand if he was angry because of what she did this morning..but why would he run away..

"You barely forgive my mistake..i don't want you to feel bad because i keep getting angry at you.."

He looks extremely frustrated and she doesn't know Jungkook has this kind of side from him.

"But running away is not solving anything."

"I'm taking a time out."

Yeri stopped talking because now she feels like the mistake was coming from her. To the point that Jungkook needs a break and a time out. There's a tense atmosphere, and they stopped talking to each other for quite some time.

"Here, i'll let you know a story.. It was..my birthday.. and Yoon jaebum was taking me out for a dinner."

Jungkook looks really bothered when she start talking again and her topic is Jaebum. but she did that to make a point for him to understand.

"Do you know what he said when a pretty lady passed by our table?"

He shakes his head quickly.

"I miss the time when i could flirt with others freely. He said that."

She still remember that day..she was so hurt and angry. Like how could he said that? He should say it in front of his friends, not in front of her who's having a birthday thinking her boyfriend is satisfied with her existence only.

"He said that, really seriously. Not as a joke. I feel bad of course..but did you know what i said to him?"

"He is such a trash."

Jungkook looks unamused hearing this story and he refused to answer her question.

"I said to him that..he can flirt with anyone as long as he won’t let me find out."

Yeri is laughing and mocking herself for becoming so stupid back then.

"I wasn't honest with how i felt and i said that because i was afraid he'll feels bad if i got mad at him...and that was probably the stupidiest thing i ever did on my relationship with him and that was lead to his affair with Seoyeon, to me being hurts and miserable.. I said that because i thought it's better for him to not seeing me angry..instead of being honest with him just like what you did."

"It's different."

He looks so offended when she compared what he's doing to what she did back then.

"No it's not. I am glad that you're trying hard to become better for me. But it's not right if you slowly turn into me..the stupid and dumb me..i don't want that."

She is a little bit emotional while taking about this because..well..she thinks history can repeat it self and she doesn't want that to happened.

"I just don't want you to feel like you're the one who work the hardest in our relationship."

Jungkook is talking while looking down. He's not actually happy with this conversation.

"What are you talking about?"

"No..i mean..you're the one who cleaning up the mess i made, waiting for hours until i finished my work to have a dinner with me, you're taking care of my father, you're helping me deal with my mother, my past, my problems..you're too kind and i feel like i don't deserve you."

She can not say anything to him right now. She’s just staring at him, waiting for him to finished his talk.

"That's why..i did that. It's stupid but part of me who's afraid of losing you was making the decision."

"I never thought that i'm the only one who's work hard for our relationship."

Yeri is upset with this, to Jungkook and to herself. This is not what she want, she's happy when  he’s treating her better but she hates his reasoning for doing that.

"I'm not good with relationship, you're the first person i ever wanted this much.."

"Even though i'm in a relationship for a few times already, this is the first time for me too..for me to not downgrading my value in front of a person i love. I was scared and insecure, what if all my bad behaviour get into you and you don't want me again. I'm not good with this too!"

She talks in a higher tone because she is so frustrated and upset, she's already close to tearing up but she can still holds it by grabbing her blanket and squezze it really hard, she just changed it this morning and it'll left with a wrinkle again for sure.

"I just don't want you to have a reason for leaving me."

And Jungkook’s situation is actually not better than her. He looks upset too.

"I don't. "

She want to be with him, why would she leave, when she can barely functioned as a person when he's away from her. The past few weeks was a torture for her.

"You seems a little bit lost..so listen to me, very carefully.."

Yeri talk to him with eyes are locking on his. She fix her position and now, she sit in front of Jungkook with a straight back.

"You're the one who's taking care of me when i was sick, You're taking care of my family well, helping my siblings with their study, entertain and playing with them, you're working for my father without getting paid, you're willing to join my stupid habit about recording our calls and listened to it, you're making me a breakfast, you let me crashing in your place and staying with me even if you're tired, you're more than deserving to have me."

He might be not perfect, not to mention all his problems from his past is really draining her emotionally, their fight was not good, he said mean things to her sometime, he has weird sleeping habit too, but he's the best thing she could ever asked for a boyfriend.

"We both worked hard."

"Are you sure?"

He talks to her while touching her hair and a smile. He looks happy with what he just heard.

"I think so."

She pull him closer, and giving him a hug. Let him linking his arms on her little waist and pulled her up from her sit so now, she's standing by her knees.

"I love you."

It's always nice to hear that from people, especially when you actually feels the same way about them. Like right now, she’s probably hearing it for not more than 10 times from him for the past year, but it's always nice to hear it, because she loves him too. Maybe more than the loves her, but it doesn't matter. She feels happy with him, that's the most important thing.

"I should have record that." She’s letting go of him from her hug and kissed him really quick, afraid if someone will see it.

“I bought some your favorite food for dinner.”

He grab her hands and dragging her down from the bed, but Yeri hold his arms.

“Wait..”

“Why?”

“hmm...i have this concern, about you, you were right ,last night something was bothering me.”

Jungkook looks serious and looks like he still remember their conversation from last  night, before they fall asleep.

“What is it?”

She’s standing in front of him now, holding his hand, and taking a deep breath, because she know the words she’s going to say could be weird for him.

“Do you think, i’m forgiving you a little bit too fast?”

He looks totally lost and confused, as expected.

“I mean..i never did this before, you know.. getting angry at my boyfriend, demanded something from him..you know better than me about this, right?”

“I seriously don’t understand anything you said.”

“With all the mistake you made to me, do you think i’m not fall as stupid if I forgive you...”

It’s hard to explain, but looks like Jungkook is finally get what she want to talked about, there’s a smile on his face. It’s probably funny for him.

“How would I know that? Me and my mistakes is for you to judge. It’s different for everyone..example one, If others did what you did to me, lying about finding my mother and stuffs..i probably won’t came to them ever again, let alone riding a bike in the middle of night like a moron, but I did for you. I gave you the second chance and I will probably gave you a thousand chances in the future, because you mean so much to me..”

“I know. It’s just..”

Yeri is letting go of his hands and lift her face to him, looks at him with confusion while feeling a little bit scared.

“I don’t want you to feel overwhelmed with what I did to you, and become tired of it just like how Yoon Jaebum..”

“Don’t worry, i’ll be the one who called you out  first if you ever made the same mistake just like what you did on your previous relationship, and I think you’re doing great..”

“Really?”

“Yeah, you ignore me when I was in the hospital for three days because you’re mad at me..that was good.”

“I still feels bad about that.”

“Don’t. I deserved it.”

She gives him a smile because it’s actually nice to be able having a relationship when she’s no longer a forgiving machine, or sacrified lamb. She could be honest with Jungkook, because she knows he’ll  understand what she felt.

“And one more thing..”

He was going to drags Yeri out from the room while walking together, but she stopped him once again.

“Can we..hide our problem from our family? It doesn’t feels good to let them know...”

Jungkook lost his smiles, and letting go of her hands right now.

“I’m not the one who locking myself in my room, listening to sad songs and crying when we had a fight..I live alone, people won’t know what’s going on in my life if I never told them.”

He looks annoyed, and he’s actually right, Yeri was like put a huge banner on her forehead for everyone to see when she was having a fight with Jungkook and being miserable about it.

“Then, you should makes sure that I will never ever through that kind of pain again.”

But still..it takes two to tango. And he is more than a reason for what was happened back then.

“I’ll working hard for that.”

He gives her a hug and Yeri feels better right away, she said everything to him, as expected, it’s easy to be honest with Jungkook more than anyone

 

***
 


Yeri and Jungkook coming downstairs for dinner when their family is still here, her parents and Jungkook's dad, they're still not finished.

"Where areJunghyun and Soohyun?"

Yeri take a sit in front of her dad, while Jungkook is taking a sit next to her in front of her mom.

"Soohyun need something for her ballet class tomorrow, so Junghyun went with her to buy it."

"What? a new clothes?"

"Some accesories."

Junghyun is so nice to Soohyun, it kinda makes her feels bad when She told her that she likes her better than him.

"Where did you bought this?"

Her mom is back to joining the conversation between Jungkook’s dad and her dad, so Yeri is just watching the food, asking Jungkook about it.

"You know..that newly open restaurant near my place.."

She’s laughing at his answer

"The last time i went there was me breaking up with you. Do you thinki have mood to roaming around the area searching for a new restaurant?"

She talks to him in a very low voice, almost like a whisper, afraid if anyone else heard what she said.

"Oh..right..Kim Yerim!"

Jungkook  was going to say something to her but his words was cut by her mom who's changing her focus to both of them instead on the dads.

"why?"

"How long you've been dating Jungkookie?"

She is taken aback by her question, so she let out an awkward laugh while take a glance to Jungkook, who's unbothered eating his food.

"Why are you asking?"

"You're usually made an event, right? for every anniversary you had with your boyfriend? you told me to bake a cake or buying and helping you picked a dress.."

This is so embarassing, all of it is true, but she doesn't think it's necessary for her to talk about it in a forum like this, in front of Jungkook.

"He's surely won't remember it."

Jungkook's dad is now paying attention to them and pointing his hand to his son, who's now smiling after being called out.

"I don't know about it either."

It's true. Yeri actually remember the date of their fake dating started, but it's not right to celebrate it as their anniversary, and after that, everything just happened. Their first kiss, first hug, first date. Things happened too random and fast for them.

"I remember our first meeting though."

"I don't"

She started to eat her dinner and ignore Jungkook after he said that. Her mom is laughing at her, mocking her and teasing her.

"I remember because i met you on my 2nd anniversary with Yoon Jaebum."

She purposedfully said it for him to hear. It's a bad idea because now her parents also judging her.

"Right. that kid, how is he?"

Her dad met Jaebum for a few times, Yeri really wanted him to know about Jaebum and becoming friendly with him back then, but her dad just don't care about him at all.

"He is fine."

He is fine indeed, she still remember what he said to her at graduation ceremony.

"I got hit by him once."

She turns her face to Jungkook really quickly. It's not an appropriate topic to talked in front of their parents. No matter how close they are with each other, it's their own businesss.

"oh? he doesn't looks like he can do it."

Her mom is talking to him, and he give her a smile after.

"I was bothering him."

Yeri is not joining their talk because she doesn't want to explain what happened, and tell everyone about their fake dating plan.

"I'm happy i did though."

He is staring at her as he says it, and that was really a good methode to makes her heart fluttered. He's good with it.

"Does my daughter has something to do with it?"

"No. i don't"

Yeri is defending herself and avoiding her dad's gaze. Jungkook is doing nothing but staring at her with a smile.

"I'm home."

Thanks to Junghyun's voice, everyone already stopped focusing on her and she takes this chance to side eyeing Jungkook who respond to her with sneakily stealing a kiss from her, with all of their parents are here. He’s crazy, in a good way.

"Oh? i'll take her upstairs."

Soohyun is sleeping, she was carried by Junghyun on his back, and her mom is taking her upstairs while he take her sit . He talked to Jungkook about something and Yeri is watching him, he looks genuinely like Jungkook as someone he can talks to. He smiles and laugh a lot with him.

"Eat your food, stop staring at him."

It was her mom again, who's now takes a sit next to her and hit her head lightly. From other people’s perspective who see her, Yeri would probably came out as Jungkook's worshipper instead of a girlfriend. And she can not blame anyone but herself for that.

She’s actually listens to her mom and eat a few pieces of brocolly on her plate before she put downs her chopstick.

"Dad!"

She's calling her dad who's busily chatting with Jungkook's dad at the end of the table. And now everyone is looking at her, Jungkook is doing it too for a few seconds before he's back to finished his food.

She's clearing her throath, and fix her seat before she's continue her talk, her stupid talk.

"Are you serious about what you said this morning?"

"What did i say this morning?"

"About you'll let me go if i asked to live with him.."

Yeri knows she sometimes reckless and behaving without thinking but this is just.. and the worst part of her stupid talk is everyone actually take her seriously, because she said it in that way too, except Jungkook who looks at her with a little laugh, amused and lowkey teasing her.

"Can she do that?" Junghyun is aksing her mom in disbelief.

"No, she can't." and her answer is firm.

"No, i'm not serious." So does her dad's answer.

"Why?" Yeri is whining and it makes her mom looks annoyed.

"What do you mean why?"

Junghyun looks at Jungkook and begin asking him a question

"Hyung..are you ok with that?"

"I don't mind, but Yeri won't last a week ." Jeon Jungkook is such a mood ruiner and unsupportive on this
.
"What do you mean i won't last a week?"

"Kim yerim, stop! it's not for you to decide."

Both of her parents looks annoyed, angry and also embarrassed with what just happened.

"You're crazy."

It was Junghyun who's laugh at her and lowkey entertained with what he saw. He called her sister crazy in a family dinner, and Yeri agree with him.

There's a silent awkward on the table now, She feels so stupid and embarassed by doing that. Why would she do that in the first place anyway… She let her hair covering her face.

"You're not supposed to say that." As if she want to hear Jungkook nagging at her, she does nothing but ignore what he said.

"I'll be the one who's asking that to you."

He said it in a firm tone, and she knows exactly that sentence was not for her. She lift her face to see him looking at her father direction, acting brave and cocky like usual. She hates this Jungkook but she's liking the situation.

"The answer is still no."

It was her mom who talked, she sounds so strict regarding this, and Yeri knows exactly way.

Even though what she asked is not a long term commitment like a marriage consent, it's still quite a leap on their relationship, and she as the one who already experienced all of it have all the rights to voicing her discontent. She was her age when she put a pause on her dreams and decided to build a family. It was not easy for her, so it’s totally makes sense if she's the one who against this the most.

"Not right now, i mean."

Jungkook looks surprised with reaction he got from her and his face is red right now, embarassed and also scared maybe.

"I was asking because i'm just curious."

Yeri is trying to makes everyone calm with her explanation, and everyone looks relieved now. She is curious, but she also means it.

There's a pause on this forum when noone is talking for a few seconds, thank to Jungkook's dad who start to talking about his plan for coming back to Busan, tomorrow so, right now everyone focus is on him.

"That's a promise."

Yeri manage to takes Jungkook's hand and shaking it under the table, when everyone is no longer paying attention.

"Of course, it is"

He bring her hand to the table, holding it and start to joining their parents's coversation.

This is what she always wanted on her life, someone who will takes her just the way she is, never asking her to sacrfifices anything but accepting it well when she decide to do it for him. Jungkook is like that.  A relationship where she can appreciate herself the same way she appreciate him, he is also providing her that.

A happy dinner time where her family could care about someone she loves and pay attentions to what she did with him. Like right now.

Everything happened in the past is can not be changed, maybe it's true her family ruined Jungkook's life, maybe Jaebum and Seoyeon also ruined their life with hurting them and making them doing some stupid plan as a revenge. It’s true she and Jungkook were hurting each other for so many times while they were searching for their value in each other’s life.

But if all those things could lead to this, to a happy life she always wanted, Yeri doesn't mind for giving life a second chance again and again to fix itself. Because she always gained something more than the pain she suffered.

 






end..