Five

Second Chance

It's not long after Jungkook is dragging Yeri's hand back inside and right now she's already here together with people she doesn't knows, surrended by Jungkook's friends. Talking to them, laugh with them, sharing story and joking around, just like her normal life before the "mess, she's Feeling better, appreciated, and accepted.

"Jungkookie is like our youngest brother." A man named Park Jimin talk to Yeri with his eye smile.

So according to them, they met each other in an online game chat room or something. They already been friends since Jungkook still in high school which means around 5 years ago. Most of them are students when they first met but now they're already a grown up man.
One guy named Seokjin is a ceo of middle tier company..and the others...Well, Yeri still wait for them to talk. 7 people, all handsome and nice.

"All of you know Jungkook longer than me. I just met him like 2 or 3 months ago.."
Yeri is comfortable sharing information with these people even though they barely know them. It's weird but it's happening.

"Ah...you still have a long way to go..i thought he was a weird kid at the first month we decide to meet up in real life, after spent almost a year as a team in game."

Yeri take a glance to Jungkook next to her, and maybe it's because  she's already on her 3rd can of beer, she's starting to lost her mind a little bit.

"Really? I don't hate him.."

"Well, of course you don't. You're his girlfriend, right?"

One of the guy in the corner, Yeri doesn't remember his name because she feels tipsy is talking while chuckling and she's also laughing at him when she realized how stupid her words was.

"Right. I am." Technically and in public yes, she is Jeon Jungkook's girlfriend, everybody knows it.

"How did you find him?" Joy, start to ask Yeri about her encounter with Jungkook, and again, she's becoming talkative if alcohol affecting her like right now.

"He's my senior, he hit me with his car, and his girl..."

Jungkook is covering in seconds, when he realized it's only a matter of seconds before Yeri spill everything, including their fake relationship.

"She's so cute."

Joy is already lost interest on her question when she saw Yeri puting her lips to Jungkiik and throw his hands from her while laughing, her rossy cheeks is popped out because she's drinking a little bit too much, and yeah she is cute, Jungkook also think she is cute.

Yeri is still can follow their conversation and listening to all their talk but she doesn't have a will to join them again, being drunk and seeing so many people happy, laugh, with their partner, and probably the love of their life, makes her minds flew away to the times she had with Jaebum. It was horrible most of times, but there are also times when she feels genuinely happy with him, it's quite a bummer because she already lost it.

"And what do you like from your boyfriend?"

Yeri is pulling back to reality from her daydream when someone asked her a question.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, i just told everyone my boyfriend here is one of a kind and probably the best guy from everyone here, so i asked you if Jungkook.."

It's Joy talking about Taehyung next to him, and Yeri is shaking her head quickly after understanding the topic of her talk.

"I'm sure your boyfriend is better than him." Everyone is laughing at her remarks and Jungkook looks so dissapointed.

"Really? That would be my teasing material for one whole year." He talks to her, looking dissapointed but still with a smile.

"Ah..My boyfriend is good at kissing. He's really good.."

Yeri is talking like it's such a usual thing to talked about in a whole forum, everyone turned awkward with that, some of them area holding their laughter and Jungkook looks annoyed now.

"Well..that's not bad, that is great, at least you have a skill, Jungkook-ah.."

The Jimin guy is teasing him and everyone is laughing at him right now, everyone. 

"You're not bad either, here..i'll give you one."

That can't be a sincere kiss, Jungkook only did this to teasing her and making her embarassed, Yeri knows it, the only reason she start kissing her in front of everyone, it's not different with his reason for making a stupid event back in campus. To humiliating her.
But Kim Yerim is drunk right now and she's not lying about him being good at it, so she's not stopping him or anything, she actually enjoys it. She's doing nothing when Jungkook takes her to his lap and start kissing her neck. He only stopped when someone shout at him really loud.
"Take it upstairs. We don't need to see that really."

The real Yeri will choose to run away and embarassed as hell. But she's drunk and probably crazy now because she's the one who gets up from her sit first, dragging Jungkook by the hand..going upstairs, following the instructions from random voices. She doesn't even know what exactly provided for them upstairs.

"Hey..let's just..." Jungkook is stopping from his walk, he wants Yeri to stop also, but she doesn't want it. So she came to him when they finally reach an empty hall in 2nd floor..she kissed him again.
Yeri is not actually a master at things like this, but she never heard that she is bad at it, Not even from Jaebum who's literally cheated on her.

"You're drunk" Jungkook manage to hold her head with both of his hands and stopping her kiss shower on him.

"No, i'm not."

"Yes, you are.."

"Listen, let me do this and i'll show you that i'm better than Jung Seoyeon. Tell Jaebum oppa that i'm better than her..i'm more worthy than her... tell him..."

Stupid and drunk Yeri plus a bad choice of words. She knows that Jungkook will just got more annoyed but she can't help it. The words just slipped like that. He takes a few step back from her, and let out a mocking laugh, he always did this before she throw a nag to her.

"Really? Prove it then." He is mad, more than that he is dissapointed.

It's just an hour ago when Yeri promised him to not ever talk about Jaebum in front of him again. She promised him to respect and be consideration for his judgment regarding Jaebum..and now she messed up.

Jungkook opening a door behind Yeri's back and takes her inside in a quick movement. It's dark here, Yeri is still looking for the light switch when he start kissing her, his kiss is not forced or anything but she can feels that he's not happy while doing it. He's grabing her hair and stopped his kiss when Yeri finally manage to turning on the lights .
And honestly, what she saw in front of her is a remarkable sight, Jeon Jungkook is probably angry but she knows, she still has a control over him on this little game they're playing. Jungkook ended up slams the door behind her head when Yeri is still not correcting what she said earlier but she is not scared at all.

"I don't get scared over thing like that.." 
She grab him by his collars...pushing him on the bed while climbing on top of him and kissing him like that's the only thing she could do right now.




Yeri's stomach is hurting, her head is also hurt when she woken up by the sunlight from the window.. she's opening her eyes slowly and sitting on the bed while holding her head. It's really one of the worst hangover she ever had.

"Finally.."
Jungkook is here, he looks fresh and better than her obviously. He's staring at her and his expression is hard to read. The last thing Yeri remember from last night is him... no, actually it's her seducing him on this bed, kissing him and...

"Did we sleep together?" An obvious question she can't answer. She doesn't remember doing it, but she's also not sure.

There's a few second pause coming from Jungkook and it's honestly making her nervous.

"Yeah. Obviously." He talks like it's not a big deal while sipping his coffee from a black mug he's holding.

Stupid Kim Yeri. She doesn't even like him .  It's better if Jungkook is someone who she'll never see again forever..but there's her parents and his dad, and this whole fake dating thing. Yeri start to covering her face regretting everything.
 
"It's really offending, you know..your reaction."

Yeri is giving Jungkook an awkward and forced laugh when he finished her words, because she feels so so stupid, she's dissapointed on herself.

"Not your fault, i..god, i'm so stupid..."

This is her fault totally, she's reckless, wild, and irresponsible for doing this. But she can't help it if she feels so bad to herself and now start to have teary eyes. Even though she hides it with a fake smile in front of Jungkook, but it's not hard to notice the emotions because his expression is getting darker right now., he's walking really fast to her and He take a sit in front of her.

"Hey..." He holds her face and forcing her to looking at him, eye to eye.

"That's not what i mean...we did sleep together..you're here on this big bed and i was there on the couch."  He's pointing his hand to a small couch near the door, looking messy with one pillow and untidy blanket.

Yeri doesn't believe him, because we talk about Jungkook here, trust is not something they usually give to each other.

"Listen. I wasn't doing anything to you.. I admit that you were really testing me last night...with all that kisses and... anyway. I didn't do it."

Yeri is staring at herself and he's right. She's still wearing her own clothes from last night, the blue shirt, cardigan, she even still wearing her converse on both of her feet. And she feels really relieved after realizing it.

"I can take you to the hospital right now..if you don't believe me..you can ask them to running some checks.."
Jungkook is still talking with guilts even after Yeri stopped crying. He looks so kind like this..

"Thank you." She stopped him from his talk while put her hands on his arms.

"I remember i said something overboard last night..you know..about me better than Seoyeon and some bull..i know you were very angry..so i thought that you'll be doing something horrible to me because of that..i..."

"I won't do anything to someone who's drunk, let alone to you, my own girlfriend, i won't ever do it to a stranger, my enemy, or people i hate. I am angry about what you said but i'm not a trash, so you should stop calling me that."

He looks so serious saying that. He knows exactly what to say and Well..a part of her still want to go to hospital and running some test, but overall she believes in him.

"I trust you and I'm sorry for what i said"
Yeri give him a smile and Jungkook looks so much more at ease after hearing that.
 
"I said something overboard too..you know..about asking you to prove things and i'm sorry for slaming the door really close to you.."
He talks while ruffling her hair and he looks awkward saying sorry.

Thanks to slame the door part, Yeri start remember everything now, he slamed the door, she pushed him to the bed and she passed out after that. She also remember, Jungkook was helping her concious with putting a warm wer towel on her face last night.

Yeri looks around the room and she can see 3 or 4 towels with a bowl next to it . He really did that.

"I won't call you a trash anymore. I promised." Yeri give her hands to Jungkook and he receiving it while helping her get up from the bed. 

"I don't have class today, how about you?"

"I have two...but i want to go home, i don't think i can concentrate after drinking so much last night."

"I'll take you home"

***


"What should i say when your parents asked me about last night?"

They're already on their way back to Yeri's home. Jungkook is not actually drunk so it's better for him, meanwhile Yeri...this is already her 3rd bottle of hangover drink and she's still dizzy.

"I don't know.  They're supposed to be at work at this time. My phone died all night so i don't kow if they called or not..."

"My phone is working and they're not calling me "

"Then you don't need to worry.. we don't have to makes an excuse"

Yeri stopped talking after that. This is totally awkward, it's true that they said something overboard to each other last night, but the thing they did to each other is not good either, well it's honestly more like what Yeri did to him. It was not his first time kissing her, so she already know how to react to that properly. But last night...she became wild and crazy. It's not that long since Yeri threaten Jungkook abt touching her without her consent. But then she's the one who did that to him. Maybe she should say sorry to him.

She close her eyes and clear her throats before she talk. It's not gonna be easy while the memories from yesterday is still fresh on her mind.

"You know..."

Jungkook who's busy driving now start to pay attention to her. He actually looks less awkward than her, like last night is never happened for him.

"I hope i didn't scare you for what i did last night." Yeri is talking as fast as she could.

Talk about this right now is a bad idea because now they already reach Yeri's home and that means no more driving as distraction for Jungkook. He stopped the car and now watching Yeri close. Waiting for more words from her.

"I was...i know my drinking habit is not good...i just....it's.." 

Yeri just want to disappear right now when Jungkook is finally got the clue about what topic she wants to talk, and the worst part is he's not even embarassed, he's laughing at her, there's a smirk on his face, he's enjoying this humiliation. 

"You are better than Seoyeon."

He talks to her with naughty smile like what happened last night is not a big deal for him. Even after she cried and scared this morning. 

"You're really...."
Yeri get out from his car in an instant. Jungkook looks surprised but enjoying her misery and now following her.

"You told me to judge, And i'm judging right now, not everything but i judged what i could fairly."

It's embarassing to even listen to this so Yeri covering her ears hoping that his voice is gone while running to her living room. But he is still following her and laughing at her.

"You're better but i won't ever tell Yoon Jaebum until i died."

Yeri is entering her room in one go and close the door, leaning on it, covering her face but smiling afterward. Jungkook is really good at teasing her and makes her feels funny somehow, a funny-happy type of feeling.

***


Yeri is coming out from her room after changing her clothes. Just like what she expect nobody is home at times like this. Junghyun and Sohyun is at their academy. While Mom and dad is at work.

It's only her and Jungkook right now. He's sitting on the living room and drawing something on Soohyun's sketch book.

"You're still here."

"I was going to go home, but then i thought you're probably hungry because i am."

"So you want free food."

Yeri is leaving him again and walk towards the kitchen, opening the fridge.

" i was going to take you for lunch..but if you have something, then it's better." Jungkook is already next to her staring inside the fridge together with her. 

"This fridge is so complicated."

"What do you mean?"

"I started live in Seoul alone since high school. So my fridge is never look like this, the content is only limited for one person. It's fascinating to see this much stuffs in one fridge."

Yeri staring at him as he talks and he really looks fascinated, his eyes is big, a little smile appear on his face, he looks happy and it makes her happy too watching him. 

"How about pasta?" She lift her face to Jungkook and he looks content with that offer.

***


"I rarely cook for someone else." Yeri is already busy with all stuffs for her pasta on the kitchen while Jungkook watching her.

"Yeah, i bet it's only Jaebum for the past 2 years." She lost his smile as soon as she heard Jaebum's name.

"You're the one who want me to stop talking about him and what is this now?"

The guilt trip is working, Jungkook is stopped talking now. He even takes a few sausage and helping Yeri to open its wrapper.

"Sorry."

"You're saying sorry becoming more natural now.."

"I'm being a trash and a bad guy only on your mind. I'm living my life just fine..."

Yeri is ignoring his remarks..because, no, Jeon Jungkook is not living his life fine at least not after what he did to her. He's probably not a trash but he is annoying for real.

" I'll just making this really quick. Wait while watching tv or something."
 
Jungkook knows Yeri is not happy with what he said so she listens to her and leaving the kitchen right away. Looks like it's not only her who tired by all the heated arguments that came out every time they talked.

Yeri understand really well..after last night. She knows, she probably has something for him, not just insults or hatred but something else. She's probably drunk last night, but she's not weak..if she let things like that happened between her and Jungkook, that means she's not completely see him as nothing. But the thing is... he doesn't looks like a simple human being..he's complicated, mysterious, there's something about him which makes Yeri's not sure regarding what she can do for him.

 

***


Yeri finished her pasta after 30 minutes. She takes the food to the living room for Jungkook to eat, but the only thing she found is him who's sleeping soundly on her mom's favorite couch. He definetely looks tired. She choose to let him sleep, she take her pasta back to the kitchen, closing the curtain, turning off the tv and lights so he could sleep in a better surrounding. 

Yeri takes a few paper from today's missing class and working on it in the kitchen. She wants to do it in the living room, but Jungkook is there sleeping, she doesn't want to bother him. Her surrounding is quite..and peaceful untill someone's scream ruining it for her.

"Dad..Dad!!"
It's Jungkook. He screams for his dad really loud, near crying. Yeri doesn't know what happened so she just running to his direction, and when she arrived Jungkook seems know someone is here right now, so he talks to her.

"Turning on the light. The light." It's a command, he talks fast and sounds angry. Yeri turning on the light fast and what she found is just something else.

Jeon Jungkook is sitting on the couch, sweating, near crying, pale face, shaking body, she never see a grown man on their state like this since forever. Not her friends, her ex boyfriends, her dad..it's totally new for her. And she's scared because of that. He looks like Junghyun when he was crying after bulied by his classmates in 4th grade.

Last night, she can feels something weird too, back in the cottage, the room they used was dark and when Jungkook takes her inside, she can feels something was changing from him, but because all the kisses and the other things, she didn't thinking about it too much..but right now. Yeri doesn't know how to react to this..it's confusing. Her life is ordinary, so does people around her.
Meanwhile Jungkook is far from ordinary, he is having a hard time breathing, he's clenching his fist and closing his eyes. Even if he's afraid of dark place, this reaction is a little bit too much, no?

Yeri decide to check him out from a closer look, she walks very slowly to him,  focusing her eyes to him, confused,scared and secretly hoping her parents or her siblings is here. And from a closer look, Jungkook looks even more messed up. His hand won't stop shaking. So she's helping it stop with holding it with both of her hands. His hand is really cold, and that moment Yeri know this is a real thing.  She let him hold her hands while controlling his breath. She's watching him close and beside being shocked by what she saw, it's also fascinating to see Jungkook at this state. He's like becoming a new person. Person she doesn't know.

"I'll make you some tea." 

Yeri talk to him when she realized, he is already in a better condition, his breathing  is normal again and his hands is not as cold as before. She stare at him before she's back to the kitchen.

"Are you going to stay here or coming with me?"
She's asking because that's the most basic thing people should do for a scared person.
 
As he gets up from his sit, she understand, Jungkook doesn't want to leave behind, so she walks with him still holding his hand. This is totally similiar with her childhood memories when she's helping Junghyun from his bully. It's the same back then too, Yeri pretend to be strong, protecting her brother when in reality she's also scared of the bully and she's also scared that his brother would do something bad to them as a revenge. Just like right now, she's worried about Jungkook and mostly confused because she doesn't know this part of him is exist, but she's also scared, she's scared of him.