Late at Night

Zoo

 

Tap! Tap! Tap!

 

Seungri stirred from his sleep at the continuous noise ringing in the silence of his enclosure. It was night, and the zoo was dark and deserted. 

 

The panda slowly rises up from the patch of comfy grass he had been lying on, looking around in confusion. His eyes catch sight of another pair of gleaming ones at the barrier and gulped. Oh no, it looks like another predator…. But that’s impossible! Everyone should be locked up in their own space. 

 

Seungri does not know what possessed him to do so, but he slowly inched towards the barrier, being careful to keep himself low against the ground and hide behind as many objects as possible. As he was nearly there, his eyes went wide as he saw who exactly was tapping on the screen. It was the man!

 

Seeing his handsome visitor, the chubby panda scrambled to get up and race towards the barrier. Sadly, he tripped in his haste and rolled face first the rest of the way there. He stopped a few feet away from the screen, sprawling on the ground in a daze. Another round of tapping sounds startled him out of his reverie, and he flipped over on his hands and knees, crawling the rest of the way there.

 

His face lights up as he sees the mans face, squealing in joy and tapping the barrier glass with his own chubby paws. He wiggled around excitedly as the man smiled in response.

 

Hello, hello, hellllooooo!!! I’m so happy to see you! 

 

Riri squealed and squirmed, he can’t stay still, he’s so happy! The man was sitting in front of the barrier, hand resting on it. Riri’s paws slapped against where the man’s hand was. 

 

I wanna touch.

 

Seungri pouts. He wants the man to pet him, he bets that those large hands are good at rubbing his belly as he naps. 

 

He was startled as the man suddenly got up, still smiling as he walks away from the confused panda.

 

Seungri whines, where are you going? He follows the man till the end of the barrier and waits there anxiously, but the man did not reappear. His eyes fill with tears, why did he come just to go away?!

 

Seungri drooped and laid down on the ground. He was considering if it will be possible to roll up towards his sleeping patch when a rumble caught his attention. The panda shuddered and quickly sat up, looking around fearfully. Where is that sound coming from??

 

There was another taping sound, this time coming from the door that Mimi usually comes from. Seungri cocked his head. 

 

Mimi? Mimi? 

 

Seungri hesitated, but slowly crawled towards the door. As he reached there he received another bout of shock. The man was there! Not Mimi? How did he get there?

 

Riri stared at the man but still crept closer while giving a low whine of confusion. 

 

“Hey, little baby,” the man said to him. At hearing the man's voice, Seungri dropped any reservations he had and leaped at the door, pawing and yipping happily. The man chuckled and opened the door, stepping into the enclosure and allowing the excited panda to shoot into his arms.

 

Seungri cuddled in the man's embrace, enjoying the warmth and petting from him. He was right, his hands are good at rubbing his belly. He smells so nice too. Before long, the panda reached a state of bliss, hanging between the edge of consciousness. 

 

He heard the man chuckle again, his hands moving towards his ears and giving them an affectionate rub. 

 

“What a cutie you are, chubby baby.”

 

The panda stirred, one eye lazily opening to glare at the man. What does he expect a panda to be, stick thin?!? Riri closed his eye with an indignant huff, snuggling further into the man and deeply inhaling his scent. Before he knew it, he dropped into sleep.

 

When he woke up next, he was alone. He blinked sleepily, eyes slowly adjusting towards the morning light. Hearing a sound near him, he saw Mimi sweeping the fallen leaves around his enclosure. Seungri gave a low bark, slowly moving towards his babysitter. 

 

His eyes widened as he caught a whiff of a delicious scent.

 

The man!

 

He whipped his head around frantically, but there was only him and Mimi in here. He slumped down on the ground, a whine building up in his throat. In another second, Mimi was startled at the sharp cry coming from the panda. Riri was lying on the grass and crying in distress.

 

Why does he keep on going away!!! 

 

Mimi clicked her tongue and rushed over to soothe the distraught panda. What could have gotten into Riri these last few days?

 

---

I try to keep Seungri as simple minded as possible, cuz techinically he's a born panda there and all he's done during his lifetime is just to sleep and nap hahaha. Liking "the man" so much, all he wants from someone he likes is just to play and affection uwu