Meetings

Zoo

He’s here again…

 

Seungri the panda blinked excitedly as he spotted his favourite human among the crowd. Well, he supposes the man was second to his babysitter who feeds him… because she provides him with delicious bamboo! So she doesn’t really count. This man is different, he makes Riri’s panda heart flutter!

 

Seungri had noticed the man coming to his enclosure everyday, doing nothing but stare at Seungri intently. He was handsome with dark hair and a slim build, his cat-like eyes piercing into the panda’s own, causing his heart to race. Slowly, Seungri was intrigued as well, slowly approaching the man day by day. 

 

Ri doesn’t know why, he is just as fascinated with the man was with him, and eventually the mans appearance became the highlight of his day. He waits impatiently for him everyday between bouts of napping and bamboo. Maybe because Seungri was currently the only panda in the zoo, and it does get lonely. Babysitter-Mimi-plays with him as well, but the man just hits his heart in a different way.

 

Seungri his paw and smoothed it over his ear, attempting to groom himself into an acceptable appearance. He frowned as his fur continues to stick up no matter how much he pawed at it. Ugh, he’s cute as a messy panda too!

 

Without wasting anymore time, he quickly clambered up from the grassy area around his enclosure, waddling excitedly towards the screen separating him from the zoo’s crowd. He reached the place where the man was standing, placing his chubby paws against the screen separating them, wiggling excitedly.

 

Hello! Seungri squeaked happily. The man smiled down at him with fondness, placing his own hand against the barrier. The panda bounced up and down, squealing happily. 

 

Suddenly the man was pushed quite roughly to the side, barely catching himself as other tourists shoved and clamoured animatedly at the panda so close. Seungri whimpered in distress as the man disappeared from view. 

 

No, no! Come back! Are you ok??!

 

Fat tears gathered in the panda’s eyes as he whimpered sadly, he can’t see the man!

 

Before he could do anything else, he was startled as the screen was slammed on repeatedly. The crowd was trying to gain his attention, hitting the screen while grinning maniacally at him. Seungri whimpered before he fled, scrambling back towards the thicket of bamboo at the back of his enclosure. Once there, he hid and peaked through the foliage, assessing the situation.

 

He drooped sadly as he still spotted no sign of the man. The tourists were still packed in front of the barrier, not even an inch of space available. A low whimper sounded in his throat, slowly escalating into a high pitch whine as he rolled around the ground. He continued to whine miserably until Mimi came out to see what has him so distressed. 

 

He didn’t protest as she scooped him up, as he was quite small despite being so cubby, rocking  him slowly while she hummed a soothing tune. Seungri sniffled but started to calm down. 

 

I hope I get to see you tomorrow…

 

---

 

I know panda's can't shed tears, but please just roll with it haha :p