Day by Day

Zoo

Hello, everyone! Sorry for not updating for so long. I’m in a kinda stressful part of my life right now, but I also was kinda stuck in how to present this chapter as well as the next series of events in the plot ^^” I hope this chapter satisfies you, hahah! I’m not really good at describing stuff, so sorry if something doesn’t make sense, lol.

 

 

Seungri was laying down on a soft patch of grass, half hidden behind the thicket of bamboos in his enclosure. His eyes were half-closed, staring at the blades of grass in front of him in a daze. The little panda has not kept count of the number of days that Jiyong has been gone, but he knew many days has passed judging from the number of times that his Mimi has emerged from the door after the night has turned into day.

 

Seungri has been waiting diligently every night in front of the door to his enclosure, the hope in his eyes dwindling day by day as he still remained alone in the night with no Jiyong to cuddle and his belly. The little furry baby misses the heavenly scent of the man that always calms him down without fail. He misses the warmth of Jiyong’s embrace, his soothing voice that lulls him to sleep…

 

Tears come unbidden to his eyes as these thoughts swirled inside his head. He buried his head into the grass and shakes his head, whimpering sadly. A sudden enticing scent reached his nose, his head slowly lifting with his snout in the air, sniffing out the location of the yummy smell. A hand full of strawberries suddenly enters his vision, making him go cross-eyed.

 

He quickly sits up, whimpering happily as his paws captured the hand by the wrist to gleefully devour the sweet fruit. He his lips in satisfaction, mewling in joy as more strawberries were presented to him. He can hear Mimi chuckling fondly, but he was too busy with his sweet treats to pay any attention to her.

 

This was the only bright side to his depressive episode. Mimi has been very concerned at his listless state, and no matter how much she coaxed Seungri to play with her or how much belly rubs she gives him (though he still enjoys them very much), the panda had still remained unresponsive. The only thing that could move the furry baby was the sweet, red strawberries. Ever since Seungri had discovered them, he had an insatiable appetite for them. Anytime the berries were within his mouth, he would be a happy little panda.

 

Seungri was sad when he finished all the strawberries with no more left, but he settled down on the grass in content as Mimi started to caress him, rubbing his head and his belly. It was not the same soothing feeling of Jiyong, but it still helps to make him feel contentedly satisfied. Soon, he falls into sleep.

 

 

 

Seungri was bored, and there were many trees planted around his enclosure, so today he has decided to climb up, up, up! He wanted to see things from highhhh above the ground! The clamouring crowd of people in front of his enclosure usually did not bother him much as he was used to it, but today looking at them made him feel uneasy.

 

He selected a thin-looking tree that is the highest in the enclosure and slowly started to climb it. He hugged the trunk of the tree and clumsily placed his paws one in front of the other, slipping a few times but he still remained at a steady pace until the middle of the tree, where the tree started to branch out. He hooked one of his paws onto a branch and tried to use it to haul himself up onto it, using all the strength in his paw. He barely succeeded and had managed to swing his upper body onto the branch, hanging there on his torso with his arms swinging in front of him.

 

He grabbed onto the branch and swings his lower body upwards, letting out a bark in triumph as he managed to get his whole body onto the branch. He scooted backward to the end and rested his back there, legs swinging idly as he decided to take a nap. This was high enough, he concluded to himself. He had no more energy left in his little paws.

 

He slipped into a light doze but was startled awake at a shrill shout. The sudden jolt from his body unsettled his precarious perch on the branch, and his arms flailed frantically as he fell from the branch! 

 

“SEUNGRI!?”

 

He landed with a loud thud to the floor. Thankfully he had not climbed very high, so the fall did not hurt him much. He clambered up to all four of his paws and shook away the dirt and dead leaves that clung to him. He looked up as Mimi ran frantically towards him, rubbing at his head and body. The panda whimpered as his ears were pulled and Mimi scolded him for the fright he gave her, and he quickly sat down on his , forepaws enclosing around Mimi’s legs in a hug to show his apology. This was his go-to tactic to get his babysitter to forgive and it worked every time. He smiled in triumph as Mimi sighed and rubbed behind his ears with affection.

 

 

Seungri’s head lifted up at the sudden sound, eyes wide and alert as he stared at the door to his enclosure. It was night right now. He sat up from and stared at the door with eager eyes, heart swelling with hope as he willed Jiyong to appear before his eyes. The door opened and Seungri quickly got up on his paws. Instead of the handsome smiling man, a group of people dressed entirely in back carrying weird looking things in their hands entered through the opening. 

 

Seungri was disappointed, but his instincts were also tingling with the alarming sense of danger. He slowly moved back, intending to hide behind the bamboos but the men was advancing towards him with purpose. This had never happened before in all his time in the zoo, and Seungri was confused as to what he should do. His senses were screaming at him to run, but maybe this is a new activity initiated by the zoo?

 

The panda did not have time to ponder anymore as the men soon surrounded him. Seungri cowered into himself, curling up into a little ball. Two of the men grabbed him and lifted him into the air, ignoring his squeals of protest. One of the men stepped forward to inspect him and Seungri whimpered as he roughly grasped the panda’s cheeks, turning his head this way and that before he let go of the panda.

 

“So this is what the mighty dragon has been coming back to for the past few weeks, huh? How laughable!”, the one who inspected him said, inciting a round of cruel laughs from the rest of the group. Seungri just continued to whimper in distress, the loud noises only served to increase his anxiety.

 

“Take him away!”

 

Seungri struggled weakly as he was transferred to a single man who proceeded to place him onto his shoulder in a fireman’s carry. He watched as his enclosure became farther away and they were soon in a dark room. Oh, he saw the door! They were inside the door? 

 

The little panda watched around in awe at his surroundings. He had never left his enclosure before, this was so exciting! He watched as they passed by several different animals’ enclosure, the panda’s eyes wide in fascination at all the animals and how different their enclosures were compared to his. 

 

Seungri was startled as the man holding him jostled him roughly before he was shifted and placed on the man’s lap. He looked around as the men were all sitting inside this dark and cramped enclosed space. The last thing he saw was two doors shutting behind him and a loud rumble sounded, before the thing they were in started to move?

 

 

Hope you guys liked the chapter :)))