The man is called Jiyong

Zoo

 

It was late at night and the zoo was dark and deserted, but Seungri was bright and awake in his enclosure. He laid in front of the door that Mimi usually comes from, and lately it was the door the man comes from too. He tried not to move too much from the excited anticipation as he stared at the door intently, but he couldn’t help but paw restlessly at the grass in front of him.

 

The man no longer came to visit him in the day. Instead, he always came at night through the door. Seungri had no idea how the man could have access to this side of the entrance, but he did not care as long as he got to see the man!

 

The panda’s little ears shot up as he heard a sound. He lifted his head in time to see the man smiling at him through the small window of the door, opening it and walking towards him. Seungri scrambled up to meet him half way, launching himself into the mans arms. The man laughed and easily caught him, swinging them in circles and making the panda squeal his head off in delight.

 

Eventually they settled down on the area of bamboos near the door, Seungri’s nose nestled into the man’s neck and inhaling his heavenly scent. The man cuddled the furry panda, hands languidly down his back. 

 

Seungri revelled in this blissful atmosphere. He didn’t know why, but the man’s scent was intoxicating to him. Inhaling the heavenly smell, his mind entered into a blissful trance though he tried not to fall asleep this time. The man’s scent and the combination of his hands him never fails to lull the panda into slumber but Seungri was determined to stay awake today and not waste the time he has with the man.

 

He wished wistfully that the man was a panda too, just so that they could live together in this enclosure and never be apart. He hated it when the man has to leave.

 

Suddenly, Seungri was startled as loud barking rang around his enclosure. He quickly sat up in the mans lap, head turning nervously in search for the source while his paws clung to the mans arm that was around his middle. He squeaked in surprise as the man got up, his other arm coming to settle under Seungri’s bum to hold him more securely. He squirmed nervously as the man walked towards the barrier, the growls sounding clearer as they got closer.

 

As the panda saw a huge dark wolf on the other side of the barrier with its teeth bared, he squealed in fear and wriggled violently, trying to get away.

 

The man stopped to soothe him, hands down his back and whispering comforting words to him. Seungri slowly stopped struggling, but continued to cry lowly as he buried himself into the man’s arms, shying away from the danger in front of him.

 

When the man saw the panda get as quiet as he could be, he turned his attention to the wolf in front of him. It was bigger than normal wolves, standing tall and intimidating, its dark grey coat blending into the night. Only its eyes gleamed in the dark with a sharp intelligence, though right now they were looking at the man in annoyance.

 

Jiyong, you slacker! Stop wasting your time and come back to work! I can’t keep helping you do your work, you know. I’m your right hand, not your slave!

 

Seungri perked up as the wolf spoke, well, barked at the man. He sniffled lowly, turning to peek timidly at the wolf before looking up at the man hesitantly. The man’s features were twisted into annoyance, enough to rival the salty wolf in front of them.

 

“Shut up, Bae, I’m busy right now.” The man replied, one of his hands moving up to scratch at Seungri’s head in emphasis. The panda purred at the contact, paws kneading in pleasure into the man’s arm that was still around his middle.

 

The man’s -Jiyong, his name is Jiyong, Seungri absently thought- reply seemed to infuriate the wolf even more.

 

I don’t see how playing around with a panda counts as busy, you lazy . I’m the one who’s being worked down to the bone here! Doing your work!

 

Seungri came out of his pleasured haze enough to shoot the wolf a baleful glare. Playing with Seungri is hard work! A privilege that many people would kill to have! Seungri is the cutest panda in the world, not some dull chore to do!

 

Unconsciously, the panda had growled at the wolf, making it stare at him in shock. The man, Jiyong, was also staring at him, though it was in complete fondness at the cuteness of the panda. He chuckled and turned the panda to face him, showering his face with kisses. He smirked in satisfaction at the cute squeals of the panda, Seungri attempting to kiss him in return.

 

Ugh, Jiyong!

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes before he heaved a long sigh. He lay his cheek on top of Seungri’s furry head, his face turned to stare at the wolf.

 

“What is it, Bae? You won’t come get me unless it’s an emergency.”

 

The wolf sighed and the energy seems to leave it as its shoulders sagged.

 

Someone had attempted to break into one of the safe houses. No one was killed but some of the people were injured.

 

Seungri squeaked as the man tensed, his arms tightening around the panda. Jiyong loosened his hold and kissed his head in apology, but his body was still stiff with tension.

 

“Did you catch any of the intruders?”

 

Only one, but he is also badly hurt. Our doctors are treating him right now, hopefully he’ll recover enough for us to interrogate him.

 

There was a tense silence after that revelation. Seungri glanced at Jiyong’s face. His brows were furrowed as he contemplated silently, his hands under Seungri’s bum tapping to an unknown rhythm. Time passed like that, and the tapping was lulling the panda into sleep but he was unable to completely go under, the tense atmosphere made him feel slightly nervous.

 

Finally, Jiyong spoke, “Wait for me, I’ll be right back.”

 

Seungri’s eyes were closed but he opened them slightly as the man moved, walking towards the grassy patch at the back of the enclosure where Seungri usually slept. He let out a sad whine as Jiyong laid him down on the ground, arms stretching out towards him but Jiyong only chuckled. He squatted down and the panda’s head lightly, gently lulling him further into sleep. 

 

“I have to go,” Jiyong was interrupted by a loud whine, the panda turning his body to latch onto his arm tightly. He chuckled, other hand coming to pat the panda in apology.

 

“I’m sorry little baby, I’ll come back tomorrow, ok?”

 

Seungri watched sadly as Jiyong stood up, sparing a last fond look at the panda before he turned towards the door and left. The panda listened to his fading footsteps before there was no more sound. He huffed and buried his head into the grass, willing himself to fall asleep so that tomorrow night can come quickly.

 

 

---

 

I'm really sad right now so hopefully it didnt get translated into the fic ahhaha. Hope this chapter is ok, cuz i actually outlined what happens after this chapter , but i can't get over the filler chapters that introduce them into the plot lol. Hope it makes sense enough u-u I wanna update the tags, but im not sure if anything will change. So, I'll wait and see for the next chap? haha