Chapter 1: Back in town

Return Of The Tiger

Seoul 2005

 

The night was quiet. One man with a brown colour hair, a pair of small eyes with a muscular body was walking on the streets of Insadong completely ignoring the eyes of the people he walked by looking at him. Yes. He is well known all over seoul or even korea. He holds the fourth chairman position of the tojo clan, the most fearful yakuza clan in korea. His name is Kim Jong Kook, age 29, better known as the tiger of seoul. Why tiger? No one knows except for his close friends and the enemies he have face. 

 

He was walking towards his favourite bar own by his close friend. He was not much of a drinker but still, he often go there to meet his 3 close friends Yoon Eun hye (the bar owner), Jang hyuk (clanmate from the tojo clan) and Cha Tae hyun (a detective). They were close because they grew up together in the same orphanage outside of seoul. The four of them always looks out for one another. Especially jong kook. When one of them ever had a problem, he would always be there to help out as much as he can. 

 

“Ah oppa, olaenmaniya” Greet Eun hye as soon as he enters through the front door making his other two other friends turn around to see him. 

 

“Yeah, i am 100% agreeing with eun hye on this. Its been quite a while now. Where have you been my friend?” Ask Tae hyun curious. 

 

Jong kook just smile and continue to walk to the bar counter where they were sitting at. He push Tae hyun to the side on the next chair available, making him sit in the middle. 

 

“What can i get you oppa?” Ask Eun hye as soon as jong kook sits down. 

 

“Just give me plain water Eun hye-ah” he answered. 

 

“Okay, here you go oppa. But you still haven’t answer our question oppa.” said Eun hye with a slight on her face. 

 

“Yes jong kookie, where have you been?” This time it was Jang hyuk who ask. 

 

Jong kook just smile and he answered “Nothing much. Just been out of the city for while.”

 

They talked, they chat and they joked till its closing time. 

 

“Sorry to say this guys. Not to ruin the moment here, but its closing time” Eun hye said a little guilty. 

 

“Gwenchana Eun hye-ah, I’m was about to head home anyway. Well, its been fun catching up with you guys especially you the tiger of seoul. Hahaha” said Tae hyun as he stood up to go back home. 

 

“Hahaha. Please dont call me that Tae hyun-ah. You know i hate being call that.” Jong Kook protested also standing up.

 

He always hates it when people called him the tiger of seoul. But there is nothing he can do to stop it. Words can be spread like a virus this days. 

 

“Eun hye-ah, are going home alone? I can drive you home.” Jang hyuk offered her while she was closing up.

 

Jang hyuk has always been in love with her from the first time he laid eyes on her but never have the guts to confess it to her. While Jong kook and Tae hyun only sees her as their sister. 

 

“Gwenchana oppa. Cause I’m going to meet my friend for a while after this.” Said Eun hye still busy closing up. 

 

“Oh Arasso, stay safe ok? Call me if you need anything.” Said Jang hyuk a bit disappointed. 

 

“Arasso oppa. Annyeong” Eun hye said as she walks away waving her hand to him.

 

Jang hyuk just keep staring at her until she finally disappeared from his sight without him knowing that Jong kook was behind him. Looking at him with sympathy as he knows how it feels. Its dangerous for a clan member to have a relationship with someone because their partner could be the target of their enemies. Jong kook walk to him and patted his shoulder startling him a little. 

 

“You should tell her you know. I can see it in your eyes, how much you love her.” Said Jong kook encouraging his best friend. 

 

“Ah Jong kookie, you almost gave me a heart attack.” Jang hyuk said as he rubs his chest trying to calm himself. Then he turn gaze back to the direction of where Eun hye walks.

 

“It is not possible for us to be together. Its too dangerous for her. I cant let anything happens to her. You of all people know that right.” Jang hyuk said to Jong kook.

 

“Yes, of course i know. I know it to well. But i also know that you will always be there to protect her and to keep her safe. Plus you also have me and Tae hyun to help you out if there is any trouble.” Jong kook reassure Jang hyuk.

 

Jang hyuk keep silent for a while thinking about what Jong kook had said. Yes. He knows that he will always try to do his best to protect her. Also he knows that Jong kook and Tae hyun will always be there to help him out when there is trouble. 

 

“You’re right Jong kook-ah. Thank you for making me realise it. I will confess to her tomorrow at our special place.” 

 

“You’re welcome my friend. I will always be there for you if need anything. Remember that. I’m going then. Annyeong.” 

 

“Arasso Jong kookie. I will always remember that. I’m going too. Annyeong”

 

Then they leave to go back to their own house after having a wonderful night together.

 

By the time Jong kook reach his home, it is already pass 2 a.m. He went to have a quick shower and went straight to bed. But it was only for a short while. Cause an hour later, he receive a call from Jang hyuk. He lazily answered it.

 

“Oh Hyuk-ah. Wae?” Jong kook asked with his husky voice.

 

“Jong kook-ah, i need your help. You need to help me.”